PDA

View Full Version : What has Rose done to win over all the Bulls fans?

Human Error
05-15-2015, 01:06 AM
I mean, Rose has not done any serious damage in bigger stages but the Bulls fans have been trying hard to make people believe that Rose already is an all time great, and even when Rose messes up, he gets all the free passes in the world and his teammates get thrown under the bus.

What is his charm and why the Bulls fans do not even mind sounding so idiotic defending him?

J Shuttlesworth
05-15-2015, 01:12 AM
-Choked against LeBron in 2011
-Refused to return because of "muscle memory"
-Sat out of the 2013 playoffs despite being medically cleared
-Prioritized graduations/meetings due to soreness

What's not to like about the guy?

Human Error
05-16-2015, 08:15 AM
-Refused to return because of "muscle memory"
Exactly. What's even more ridiculous is he was never that great to begin with. No way he was going to win the championship as the team's best player. However his fans have been extremely confident in him throughout, which I don't get it, considering he has not done anything significant yet.

SpaceJammeR
05-16-2015, 08:35 AM
obviously is his style of play. aggressive, dunks, acrobatic layups. but yeah he's done nothing.

Clyde
05-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Hes from Chicago

:facepalm

sd3035
05-16-2015, 09:06 AM
He had the courage to overcome his muscle memory setback

navy
05-16-2015, 09:11 AM
I mean, Rose has not done any serious damage in bigger stages but the Bulls fans have been trying hard to make people believe that Rose already is an all time great, and even when Rose messes up, he gets all the free passes in the world and his teammates get thrown under the bus.

What is his charm and why the Bulls fans do not even mind sounding so idiotic defending him?
He's from Chicago and brought the team out of the Hinrich and Deng era.

Of course bulls fans ride or die with d rose. :biggums:

theaussieguy
05-16-2015, 09:14 AM
its called loyalty.

KembaWalker
05-16-2015, 09:14 AM
He my nikka

nathanjizzle
05-16-2015, 10:18 AM
rookie of the year, most points scored by a rookie in playoff debut, 7 game series against the first seed and defending champs celtics with many clutch moments. all star 2nd year player. 27 points and 7 assists in the PO against the first seed cavs in 2010. Youngest MVP in league history, with best record in the league. 2 easy first round passes. Thats in his first 3 seasons in the nba.:roll: Hes a great player, and still is. just because he got injured doesnt mean your assumption about him from the beginning is right now. :facepalm

The argument that he isnt great because he hasnt won a championship yet is stupid. anyone that has watched him play can tell hes a great player. hes played in 4 post seasons. Jordan played in about 9 before he won a championship.

Kblaze8855
05-16-2015, 10:22 AM
Win over? You win over your enemies not your fans. Fans don't need winning over.

There are hall of famers who had equal or less playoff success in their careers than Rose had in his third season.

Did Gervin never win over spurs fans? Was Mullin not loved in Golden state? Timmy either? Think Zo wasn't loved in Miami? Nash on the suns?

Great players don't need to win over fans. Hell good players don't need to either. I still rep Captain Kirk.

navy
05-16-2015, 10:26 AM
Win over? You win over your enemies not your fans. Fans don't need winning over.

There are hall of famers who had equal or less playoff success in their careers than Rose had in his third season.

Did Gervin never win over spurs fans? Was Mullin not loved in Golden state? Timmy either? Think Zo wasn't loved in Miami? Nash on the suns?

Great players don't need to win over fans. Hell good players don't need to either. I still rep Captain Kirk.
Unfortunately, so did Thibs.

G0ATbe
05-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Won MVP. They treat it like he won them a championship.

LAZERUSS
05-16-2015, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately, we haven't seen the Rose of 2011...since, 2011. Hopefully he will return to near that level, but his career may wind up like Grant Hill's.

secund2nun
05-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Rose was never that good even in 2011. He is the worst MVP of all time. He is a fake media created "superstar"

Bulls fans all have BABR syndrome...it stands for blame anyone but Rose. Everyone will be blamed for the team and Rose's failure especially the front court which is and has been the best part of the team since the beginning and the main reason they were so good in 2011.

LAZERUSS
05-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Rose was never that good even in 2011. He is the worst MVP of all time. He is a fake media created "superstar"

Bulls fans all have BABR syndrome...it stands for blame anyone but Rose. Everyone will be blamed for the team and Rose's failure especially the front court which is and has been the best part of the team since the beginning and the main reason they were so good in 2011.

Hmmm... 93% of the voters were wrong that year, then?

Pointguard
05-16-2015, 12:11 PM
Name me a player that hasn't choked? Outside of Jordan all the others have done it at much older ages. And yes I challenge you to find me two other players that haven't had that bad series. What great players played three HOFers (one top ten GOAT, another all time great at SG which Rose held as good as anybody in the playoffs) in their prime at 22 years of age and was expected to kill them. He did win a game against them.

-Refused to return because of "muscle memory
Its 2015, and if you don't know how many times the doctors missed their diagnosis with Rose you just will never know. What's up with your muscle memory? You don't read. It was well beyond muscle memory but that was definitely a part of it.

-Prioritized graduations/meetings due to soreness.
1 year later and look who hasn't got the news. Yeah, after the doctors misdiagnose you 4 times and were active with the fifth, and each time Rose was letting them know, its actually smart to tend to family matters he will remember the rest of his life. I like that guy.

What's not to like about the guy?
He could be a misinformed hater that spends his time writing about him. But that's just my take.

Quickening
05-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Hmmm... 93% of the voters were wrong that year, then?
Yes

Pointguard
05-16-2015, 12:51 PM

What world do you live in. Lebron/Wade/Dirk in their prime. KG/Duncan/Durant/Kobe still having great years. All ranked in a ton of peoples top 30 GOAT ever. Rose wins it without contest or with more than 90% of the first place votes. Worse MVP is an incredibly stupid concept to begin with. Right now, we can't say for sure that one great that played this year is still having great years - not one - I do think Lebron/Durant will bounce back. Harden had more first place votes than anybody not named Rose in 2011. But Curry's distinction deserves to be respected.

I would love to hear the response of the worse smartest posters on this.

Pointguard
05-16-2015, 12:53 PM
Yes
Can you explain yourself?

Lensanity
05-16-2015, 12:55 PM
He failed the ACT 3 times and had to pay someone in a different state to take the SAT for him so Bulls fans find him very relatable and they therefore like him a lot.

Beastmode88
05-16-2015, 12:59 PM
rookie of the year, most points scored by a rookie in playoff debut, 7 game series against the first seed and defending champs celtics with many clutch moments. all star 2nd year player. 27 points and 7 assists in the PO against the first seed cavs in 2010. Youngest MVP in league history, with best record in the league. 2 easy first round passes. Thats in his first 3 seasons in the nba.:roll: Hes a great player, and still is. just because he got injured doesnt mean your assumption about him from the beginning is right now. :facepalm

The argument that he isnt great because he hasnt won a championship yet is stupid. anyone that has watched him play can tell hes a great player. hes played in 4 post seasons. Jordan played in about 9 before he won a championship.

You also forgot how he only scored 4 pts in the 2nd half in a close out game. Half the time he was riding a stationary bike. :facepalm

Pointguard
05-16-2015, 01:09 PM
You also forgot how he only scored 4 pts in the 2nd half in a close out game. Half the time he was riding a stationary bike. :facepalm
:lol Why do you think he was riding the stationary bike.

AirFederer
05-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Sixt man caliber player :(

livinglegend
05-16-2015, 01:34 PM

Celtics without Garnett, and Ben Gordon was the most clutch Bulls player in that series.

imdaman99
05-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Hometown favorite. My cuz in Chicago texts me how Thibs is to blame and he will run AD into the ground once he lands with the Pelicans. Rose should not be the guy, with his health you can't make him your franchise player exclusively anymore. They should trade for Melo so it can be 1A and 1B. Send your offers this way, I speak for Phil :pimp:

T_L_P
05-16-2015, 02:19 PM
I get why they love him so much...hometown kid, won an MVP, perceived to have as much as heart as anyone in the league.

But they go too far. Some of them have the gall to call him their best player still, when Butler is leagues ahead of him now.

Pointguard
05-16-2015, 02:35 PM
I get why they love him so much...hometown kid, won an MVP, perceived to have as much as heart as anyone in the league.

But they go too far. Some of them have the gall to call him their best player still, when Butler is leagues ahead of him now.
You were one of the posters that was saying Gasol was earlier in the year. I love Butler's game but he depends on Rose to step his game up and that's obvious as day save a game or two. And if Rose had his wind, both would have a lot more better games. Its not the other way around. Butler chance to step up is when Rose and Gasol are not healthy, which he did do once, but they lost that game. Playing good is great. Carrying a win is better. Please, don't pretend like you know the game better than Bulls' fans. You simply don't.

DMAVS41
05-16-2015, 02:44 PM
You were one of the posters that was saying Gasol was earlier in the year. I love Butler's game but he depends on Rose to step his game up and that's obvious as day save a game or two. And if Rose had his wind, both would have a lot more better games. Its not the other way around. Butler chance to step up is when Rose and Gasol are not healthy, which he did do once, but they lost that game. Playing good is great. Carrying a win is better. Please, don't pretend like you know the game better than Bulls' fans. You simply don't.

Butler was clearly a better player than Rose was this year...claiming otherwise is just silly...even for you.

Bigsmoke
05-16-2015, 02:57 PM
He destroyed my high school basketball team.

We both graduates in 07

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2015, 03:34 PM

Isn't lack of heart the biggest criticism of Rose? Ya know with the sitting out playoff series and the admitting to being more worried about leg pain in 20 years than winning a ring?

T_L_P
05-16-2015, 03:37 PM
Isn't lack of heart the biggest criticism of Rose? Ya know with the sitting out playoff series and the admitting to being more worried about leg pain in 20 years than winning a ring?

That's what I mean. I think Rose does lack the heart of the true greats (the "I don't want to be sore" stuff made me cringe). But you wouldn't believe how many people buy-in to those "Return" ads.

Mr. Jabbar
05-16-2015, 03:38 PM
He had the courage to overcome his muscle memory setback

:oldlol:

Pointguard
05-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Butler was clearly a better player than Rose was this year...claiming otherwise is just silly...even for you.
I remember when I first came on you use to be battling five or six Kobe fans and handling them very well. Now you are just a silly goon that tracks Rose threads with pathetic attacks that enjoys being embarrassed week after week. You fell off hard. But hey, keep posting, maybe in a year you realize what dignity is again, tho I doubt you will approach it.

ThickassGlasses
05-16-2015, 04:36 PM
I remember when I first came on you use to be battling five or six Kobe fans and handling them very well. Now you are just a silly goon that tracks Rose threads with pathetic attacks that enjoys being embarrassed week after week. You fell off hard. But hey, keep posting, maybe in a year you realize what dignity is again, tho I doubt you will approach it.

He's right. :confusedshrug:

Butler was much better than Rose in every stage of this season.

NumberSix
05-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Wait. You actually don't think Butler is Chicago's best player?

You see how Butler defended LeBron? You think Rose could have done that? He could even do that to Delly.

Pointguard
05-16-2015, 04:40 PM
:lol
Seriously. Its 2015 and you don't even know about google or just can't read. Rose's knees should have never been played on, perhaps the whole entire three years. The doctors didn't catch 5 injuries when they should have. You seen him play 5 months after sitting out those playoffs and still lack the intelligence to see that he shouldn't have been playing even 5 months later.

Rose said he didn't want to be unable to walk in 20 years. Please tell me you aren't that dumb to not want that. You aren't married now, nor do you have kids, but you will grow up one day.

Pointguard
05-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Wait. You actually don't think Butler is Chicago's best player?

You see how Butler defended LeBron? You think Rose could have done that? He could even do that to Delly.
Butler was great on Lebron. But Lebron beat us. And then there are guys that win playoff games and guys who are growing into that. Butler is growing into that. Nothing wrong with that. But no, better in the playoffs is when the team gets wins off the player. Butler plays well when Rose plays well for the most part. He can't step in for Rose just yet.

Optimus Prime
05-16-2015, 05:59 PM
He's from Chicago.

He's "humble" (he's really not).

That's about it.