PDA

View Full Version : Clippers have blown this series

oh the horror
05-15-2015, 01:25 AM
ALL pressure is now on them and now you go back to Houston with a game 7?

You lose and you'd better move this team out of LA because they'll NEVER achieve a concrete fanbase. The stench of loser franchise just follows this team around.

grantz
05-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Most epic choke I've seen since memphis blew a 20 point lead in the last 2 minutes of the game. Tough lessons for the clips but that's what you get for celebrating in the 3rd.

SpecialQue
05-15-2015, 01:31 AM
Most epic choke I've seen since memphis blew a 20 point lead in the last 2 minutes of the game. Tough lessons for the clips but that's what you get for celebrating in the 3rd.

That was game 1 though. I'd rank this one higher because there was so little time left when the Clippers were up. They COULD have won this game. This is the biggest choke I've ever seen.

konex
05-15-2015, 01:33 AM
I think they'll still win but man, did they make it tough

oh the horror

They did totally looked like they played as though it was over. This team after SO MANY years and all their veterans are so mentally weak.

Watching them pass the ball around like it was a hot potato in the 4th was embarrassing.

Chris Paul pulled a Houdini act once again. Blake was neutralized.

And if their role players are going to contribute zero then you might as well pack it in.

grantz
That was game 1 though. I'd rank this one higher because there was so little time left when the Clippers were up. They COULD have won this game. This is the biggest choke I've ever seen.

You could see the last 6 mins no one wanted the ball. That's loser mentality right there.

oh the horror
05-15-2015, 01:35 AM
And is Doc insane? Look man....Jamal Crawford, Barnes and Reddick are costing you games bro. Why NOT try someone, ANYONE else? Generate magic SOMEWHERE.

oh the horror
05-15-2015, 01:35 AM
You could see the last 6 mins no one wanted the ball. That's loser mentality right there.

You could see the hesitation in their movement. Unreal

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-15-2015, 01:36 AM
And is Doc insane? Look man....Jamal Crawford, Barnes and Reddick are costing you games bro. Why NOT try someone, ANYONE else? Generate magic SOMEWHERE.
Who else is there? Hedo Turkoglu?
Doc Rivers in one season cemented himself as the worst GM ever. A random fan from the strip couldve made a better bench than him

brantonli
05-15-2015, 01:36 AM

But you can't bench all three of them, heck you'll be playing Lester Hudson, Turkoglu, and the Rockets would crush them.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-15-2015, 01:40 AM

Kiss of death. You a cold ass nukka to finish 'em off like that after you failed the first time in RD1.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Clippers are done.

305Baller
05-15-2015, 01:41 AM
ALL pressure is now on them and now you go back to Houston with a game 7?

You lose and you'd better move this team out of LA because they'll NEVER achieve a concrete fanbase. The stench of loser franchise just follows this team around.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/files/2014/01/sonics_logo.jpg

oh the horror
05-15-2015, 01:43 AM
But you can't bench all three of them, heck you'll be playing Lester Hudson, Turkoglu, and the Rockets would crush them.

From where I'm standing it looked like the Rockets crushed them just fine with Doc hanging on to those three guys. They got damn near zero from Jamal and Barnes. At least JJ gave them a sprinkle of something.

coin24
05-15-2015, 02:05 AM

All in on Houston in game 7:cheers:

Genaro
05-15-2015, 02:10 AM
They won't be able to come back mentally from it but Rockets better hope Harden plays well cause I don't think Brewer and Josh will play like this again.

BlakFrankWhite
05-15-2015, 02:17 AM
These nikkas don't deserve to play in LA....move them to some far flung city like seattle

LA's the city for the team with the 16 championships.

spiegel
05-15-2015, 02:18 AM
na the floppers were lucky Houston was not on their game in the first 4 games but the rockets are now confident series over

ApexPredator
05-15-2015, 02:21 AM
How the **** do the Clippers beat the Spurs and then lose a 3-1 lead to the ****ing Rockets? :biggums:

ClipperRevival
05-15-2015, 03:18 AM
Now I know what it feels like give away a huge lead and choke. Like when we came back 26 points down late in the 3rd against Memphis a few years back. This was a classic example of "choke." You could see the fear and hesitation in the Clipper's players. No one wanted the ball. Cp3 and Blake choked up and got caught in the moment.

At least I feel better in knowing that 90-95% of the time, the better team does win in a 7 game series. So if we do lose, we lost for a reason. Call it choking or whatever but in a 7 game series, you have many opportunities to redeem yourself.

DCL
05-15-2015, 06:44 AM
score was 92-79 at the end of third quarter

and they still fu.kin lose

:facepalm

coin24
05-15-2015, 06:51 AM
Up 3-1 only the CP3 second round curse can fu*k that up:lol :lol

All time beta choke today, what a meltdown!!

I<3NBA
05-15-2015, 07:22 AM
there's only a handful of away teams that have won game 7s on the opponent's home court

Optimus Prime
05-15-2015, 07:23 AM
It's the clippers and Chris Paul. Choking is to be expected.

KG215
05-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Eh, the Rockets had the Clippers lead down to single digits (9 points) with nearly 10 minutes to go in the game and had the lead down to 5 by the halfway point of the 4th quarter. Erasing a 19 point lead with 1+ quarters to go isn't unheard of. Now, erasing a 19 point lead and winning by double figures with 1+ quarters to go is pretty rare.

In their comeback against the Grizz in 2012, the Clippers were down 24 with 8 minutes to go in the game (95-71). They closed the game on a 28-3 run and won 99-98. I know the Grizzlies offense over the last 3-4 years has a propensity for having some facepalm-worthy offensive droughts, but to hold them to just 3 points over an 8 minute stretch while erasing a 24 point deficit to win is more impressive in my opinion.

brantonli
05-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Eh, the Rockets had the Clippers lead down to single digits (9 points) with nearly 10 minutes to go in the game and had the lead down to 5 by the halfway point of the 4th quarter. Erasing a 19 point lead with 1+ quarters to go isn't unheard of. Now, erasing a 19 point lead and winning by double figures with 1+ quarters to go is pretty rare.

In their comeback against the Grizz in 2012, the Clippers were down 24 with 8 minutes to go in the game (95-71). They closed the game on a 28-3 run and won 99-98. I know the Grizzlies offense over the last 3-4 years has a propensity for having some facepalm-worthy offensive droughts, but to hold them to just 3 points over an 8 minute stretch while erasing a 24 point deficit to win is more impressive in my opinion.

I don't really remember that game, but I think an elimination game come back is more impressive than a comeback at the start of a series. Lots of people seem to have forgotten the Warriors came back 20 points down against the Pelicans in game 3, mostly because the Warriors were up 2-0 anyway and were certain to beat the Pels. and that was just a few weeks ago

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warriors-erase-20-point-hole-beat-pelicans-123-045529944--nba.html

DCL
05-15-2015, 07:36 AM
houston went on an epic 40-15 run in the final quarter on the opponents' floor

a choke job by the clips that's up there in all-time choke rankings.

senelcoolidge
05-15-2015, 08:42 AM
Doc Rivers made some terrible coaching decisions. He doesn't seem to know how to manage his players minutes. Everyone was tired at the end of the 4th. The Clippers are good at game 7's. They can still win this, but game 6 was an embarrassment. Could be worse, they could be the lakers with no future.

Jon_Koncak
05-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Their role players arent really good.They can get hot for a game or two but are terribly inconsistent.I mean let's be honest,no team will ever win a chip with Reddick and Matt freakin Barnes as their starters on the wings.They basically relly on two and a half players.