PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Goudelock and Jan Vesely lead team in the Euroleague Final 4

Eric Cartman
05-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Just found out about this, weak ass league, how the f*ck does that even happen? :coleman:

2 NBA rejects about to take their team to a championship :biggums:

Lebron23
05-15-2015, 03:31 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ThickassGlasses
05-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Honestly I'm shocked Goudelock isn't on an NBA team.

Maybe he thinks he wouldn't get any time so he went to become the next Anthony Parker? But the kid has talent.

ImKobe
05-15-2015, 03:46 PM

Maybe he thinks he wouldn't get any time so he went to become the next Anthony Parker? But the kid has talent.

Great offensive talent, but he can't play defense at an NBA level to get consistent minutes and he's a little too undersized to play his true position (SG) and lacks playmaking and defense to play point.

He did put up 20 on the Spurs in the 2013 Playoffs though :bowdown:

ralph_i_el
05-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Goldielocks could play decent minutes on a bunch of NBA teams. Wizards would take him in a heartbeat.

Eric Cartman
05-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Jan Vesely carrying his team (13 points at halftime on 100% shooting) but down big against Gustavo Ayon (Euroleague Wilt) :(

outbreak
05-15-2015, 03:56 PM
I watched a bit before i remembered the combines in. Gustavo ayon was playing too lol

Trollsmasher
05-15-2015, 04:00 PM
V-Span with 11 4th quarter points in the comeback win for Olympiakos:bowdown:

Looks like Ves is the only who showed up for Fenerbahce

iznogood
05-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Gustavo Ayon owned Anthony Davis in FIBA WC 2014, had 25 and 8.

Lensanity
05-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Jan Vesely :lol

What a ****ing pathetic loser

Rooster
05-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Gustavo Ayon owned Anthony Davis in FIBA WC 2014, had 25 and 8.

That does not change that he's a scrub.:rolleyes:

iznogood
05-15-2015, 04:22 PM
That does not change that he's a scrub.:rolleyes:
He is a decent player.

Rooster
05-15-2015, 04:25 PM
He is a decent player.

In the minor league. Hmmm yes:oldlol:

R.I.P.
05-15-2015, 04:37 PM
In the minor league. Hmmm yes:oldlol:

He

ThickassGlasses
05-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Great offensive talent, but he can't play defense at an NBA level to get consistent minutes and he's a little too undersized to play his true position (SG) and lacks playmaking and defense to play point.

You described a very common type of player in the NBA but I assume it's a money thing keeping him over there.

Rooster
05-15-2015, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]He

Rooster
05-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Just found out about this, weak ass league, how the f*ck does that even happen? :coleman:

2 NBA rejects about to take their team to a championship :biggums:

NBA rejects studding today but it was not enough because the other team has more of them rejects.

Goudeluck with 26 points on 65% FG and grabbed 6 Rebs and 4 dimes.:applause:

Vesely had 20 points on 75% FGA with 6rebs and tens of altered shots:bowdown:

Ayon led the winner with 18 points on 72% FG 7 Rebs 6 dimes and
3 mofo steals:wtf:

Scrubs be like:coleman:

Eric Cartman
05-15-2015, 05:22 PM
46 points between them while the MVP goes the 2011 Lebron route :coleman:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2r46is8.png

JimmyMcAdocious
05-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Bogdanovic's brother, I assume?

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 05:48 PM

He scored 30 points this year against the Spurs.

Goudelock is a really explosive scorer and he's very athletic. He could play on every single team in the NBA as a 6th man instant offense guy.

The problem with him is that he does absolutely nothing other than score. His only basketball talent is scoring.

He won't last long in any team in any league, probably due to that, but nonetheless, he can play in any team, because someone always needs instant offense.

It's just that he's going to wear his welcome out very fast.

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 05:49 PM

STOP DOING DRUGS

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]He

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 05:53 PM

Stop with the Anthony Parker joke already. He was not even the best player on his own team in Europe (Sarunas Jasikevicius was without any doubt the best player on his team and not Parker). It's a stupid joke, because it does not even make any sense.

HylianNightmare
05-15-2015, 06:19 PM
That's where ayon ended up lmao

Eric Cartman
05-15-2015, 06:21 PM
STOP DOING DRUGS

What can you comment on Bjelica?

ThickassGlasses
05-15-2015, 06:21 PM

Goudelock is a really explosive scorer and he's very athletic. He could play on every single team in the NBA as a 6th man instant offense guy.

The problem with him is that he does absolutely nothing other than score. His only basketball talent is scoring.

He won't last long in any team in any league, probably due to that, but nonetheless, he can play in any team, because someone always needs instant offense.

He wouldn't make the 6th man of any playoff team, honestly, while he's balling out in Europe two years in a row...

outbreak
05-15-2015, 06:29 PM

:biggums:

While I think he's better than some people rate him please stop with this bull shit:facepalm

You should be more realistic and say you think he could find a role on most NBA teams.

outbreak
05-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Stop with the Anthony Parker joke already. He was not even the best player on his own team in Europe (Sarunas Jasikevicius was without any doubt the best player on his team and not Parker). It's a stupid joke, because it does not even make any sense.
How can you not be the best player on your team yet be the best player of all time?

Eric Cartman
05-15-2015, 06:31 PM
How can you not be the best player on your team yet be the best player of all time?

Haters gonna hate:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GaxYT56Bpb8/T1R4dERJYRI/AAAAAAAADMQ/4dBb6RDj6Jc/s800/AP%2520statue.jpg

Trollsmasher
05-15-2015, 06:32 PM
46 points between them while the MVP goes the 2011 Lebron route :coleman:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2r46is8.png
Vesely 8/10 FTs:biggums:

morbius
05-15-2015, 06:58 PM

No relation. But do keep your mind on him, I think he might do well in NBA, Phoenix drafted him.

Fenerbahce did very poorly. This team was built to win the title, but it's always hard beating Spanish team in Spain. I expect Real to win again in the finals, but Olympiacos is well known for their bursts of inspiration when they are completely unstoppable, you can never count them out.

Optimus Prime
05-15-2015, 07:05 PM
http://img.rsport.ru/images/58340/13/583401312.jpg

http://www.euroleague.net/rs/24097/58f38790-0695-47e7-996f-82678566478f/006/filename/58f.jpg

Euroleague: We Feel Scrubby!

Oly BC
05-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Vesely 8/10 FTs:biggums:
He started the season shooting 30% but improved a lot since then.
Obradovic must have some good staff with him.

Done_And_Done
05-15-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm still curious about that hundreds of millions comment you made earlier EL...

outbreak
05-15-2015, 09:14 PM
I'm still curious about that hundreds of millions comment you made earlier EL...
what did he say

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 11:36 PM
:biggums:

While I think he's better than some people rate him please stop with this bull shit:facepalm

You should be more realistic and say you think he could find a role on most NBA teams.

You need to learn how to read and stop twisting every single post I write.

I said he could be a 6th man instant scoring offense player on every single team in the NBA and that he would not last very long on any team in any league.

if you can't grasp the meaning of either of those remarks, then STFU.

And stop twisting my words, and if you can't do that, then GTFO.

Regardless, he is a very explosive scorer and he can play in any NBA team easily, even as a starter. His problem, as I said, it's that he does nothing but score. He's a lazy as hell player if I ever saw one.

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 11:39 PM
What can you comment on Bjelica?

Very good skills for his size. He can handle it at 6-10, he is a decent shooter also at that size. He's a good rebounder (probably his best ability).

This forum is obsessed with Mirotic for some bizarre reason (I have absolutely no freaking idea why), well, as a comparison, he's much better than Mirotic is.

All in all though, he's very overrated though, as far as how NBA, US sports media, and NBA fans talk about him, which is all the typical bullshit.

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 11:41 PM
He wouldn't make the 6th man of any playoff team, honestly, while he's balling out in Europe two years in a row...

He could start and be a 6th man on plenty of NBA playoff teams, and if he is "balling out in Europe", then he sure the hell could "ball out" in the NBA. His game is way more suited for the NBA than it is for Euroleague and that is for damn sure.

He does not fit to Euroleague even one bit. He honestly does not even belong in Euroleague. You are trolling.

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 11:44 PM
http://img.rsport.ru/images/58340/13/583401312.jpg

http://www.euroleague.net/rs/24097/58f38790-0695-47e7-996f-82678566478f/006/filename/58f.jpg

Euroleague: We Feel Scrubby!

Nice how you posted a picture of Parker holding up awards from a different league than the Euroleague....

fandarko
05-15-2015, 11:46 PM
Easily a NBA starter:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Are you saying VSpan was easily a NBA starter:oldlol:

Teodosic is a better player than Rubio and Rubio is a starter.

In the NBA, he would have a field day with his passing wizzardry and shooting as a 6/6 PG.

But he earns too much money in Moscow (read: *****) and he doesn't like to play defense, so he stays there.

fandarko
05-15-2015, 11:48 PM
NBA rejects studding today but it was not enough because the other team has more of them rejects.

Goudeluck with 26 points on 65% FG and grabbed 6 Rebs and 4 dimes.:applause:

Vesely had 20 points on 75% FGA with 6rebs and tens of altered shots:bowdown:

Ayon led the winner with 18 points on 72% FG 7 Rebs 6 dimes and
3 mofo steals:wtf:

Scrubs be like:coleman:

Goudelock scored most of his points when the game was completely out of reach. Great player though, although being a tweener for the NBA.

Real plays small ball and Vesely was able to be effective. No way he would have accumulated these stats against CSKA.

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 11:49 PM
Teodosic is a better player than Rubio and Rubio is a starter.

In the NBA, he would have a field day with his passing wizzardry and shooting as a 6/6 PG.

But he earns too much money in Moscow (read: *****) and he doesn't like to play defense, so he stays there.

Are there any decent point guards in Euroleague that are not better than Rubio?

Euroleague
05-15-2015, 11:51 PM
Goudelock scored most of his points when the game was completely out of reach. Great player though, although being a tweener for the NBA.

Real plays small ball and Vesely was able to be effective. No way he would have accumulated these stats against CSKA.

I am pretty sure that Goudelock is just a midget shooting guard in every league and not a tweener. I don't know of him to have any point guard skills at all, or to have any defense skills at all, thus he can't be a tweener.

He's a midget shooting guard in both Euroleague and NBA, and not a tweener.

fandarko
05-15-2015, 11:54 PM
Very good skills for his size. He can handle it at 6-10, he is a decent shooter also at that size. He's a good rebounder (probably his best ability).

This forum is obsessed with Mirotic for some bizarre reason (I have absolutely no freaking idea why), well, as a comparison, he's much better than Mirotic is.

All in all though, he's very overrated though, as far as how NBA, US sports media, and NBA fans talk about him, which is all the typical bullshit.

The guy is actually 6-11 in shoes and plays point forward.

In the NBA he would be a tweener without position - can't guard threes and is not strong enough to guard fours.

Also, he is not aggressive enough to make an offensive impact (reminds me of Diaw in that respect).

He is excellent in some respects for his team's brand of basketball (high IQ, versatile, mismatch in offense), but in the NBA he would not be an impact player because he doesn't have a distinct skill setting him apart (Mirotic is the same height but a better shooter and he plays more aggressive).

fandarko
05-15-2015, 11:56 PM
Are there any decent point guards in Euroleague that are not better than Rubio?

Rubio with a J would have been an all star, pity.

But his inneffectiveness in the Euroleague illustrates well the difference between basketball played under FIBA rules and that under NBA rules.

Done_And_Done
05-15-2015, 11:57 PM
what did he say

That the Euroleague final four attracts hundreds of millions of viewers. Seemed like an exaggeration to me.

fandarko
05-15-2015, 11:58 PM
Easily a NBA starter:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Are you saying VSpan was easily a NBA starter:oldlol:

Utah Jazz coach seems to think so about Teodosic.

Please write down the last thing he says about him in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHO0OBtYNkk

outbreak
05-16-2015, 12:03 AM
That the Euroleague final four attracts hundreds of millions of viewers. Seemed like an exaggeration to me.
Can't seem to find overall figures but it seems a couple years back the most in one country was 5mil in spain, others seem to be around 1-2 mil. No where near hundreds of millions but all up probably gets 20 or so mil.

fandarko
05-16-2015, 12:04 AM

I agree.

Parker was excellent in the particular role created for him in Maccabi, nothing more.

A very good US player in that particular season, like hundreds of others.

The MVP thing is a joke.

He was basically a more consistent and disciplined Sony Weems.

It's about opportunity.

It's easier to get an opportunity in the Euroleague because as a US player they sign you to play, so you play and you get better.

Chandler Parsons averaged 10 points for a scrub tier 3 French team during the lockout.

He proceeded to average 15 points in the NBA.

By the reasoning of some on this forum, that would mean that the French league is superior to the NBA.

Euroleague
05-16-2015, 12:14 AM
Can't seem to find overall figures but it seems a couple years back the most in one country was 5mil in spain, others seem to be around 1-2 mil. No where near hundreds of millions but all up probably gets 20 or so mil.

Spain and Greece have 10 million each for all 4 games. The tournament airs in over 200 countries, and that includes China.

You are reaching.

Let it go.

outbreak
05-16-2015, 12:16 AM
Spain and Greece have 10 million each for all 4 games. The tournament airs in over 200 countries, and that includes China.

You are reaching.

Let it go.
Oh you are using ALL four games? I thought you meant average or something. The article I saw talked about it breaking a record for most people in a country watching in one final four game a couple years back. Which listed spain breaking the record with 5 million watching the game.

outbreak
05-16-2015, 12:20 AM
Can't find the article I had before but here's a few years back on the euroleague official page about breaking records then. 2 mil all up in spain and 1 mil in greece.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/71714/final-four-attracts-record-tv-audiences

I can't see the viewership jumping 9 million in 4 years (the other article had 5 mil in spain being a new record). It doesn't show the whole world though but I imagine the countries the two teams in that final were from would be the top viewers? Especially considering they broke records...

Euroleague
05-16-2015, 12:21 AM
I agree.

Parker was excellent in the particular role created for him in Maccabi, nothing more.

The MVP thing is a joke.

It's about opportunity.

It's easier to get an opportunity in the Euroleague because as a US player they sign you to play, so you play and you get better.

Chandler Parsons averaged 10 points for a scrub tier 3 French team during the lockout.

By the reasoning of some on this forum, that would mean that the French league is superior to the NBA.

I already explained to these morons here over and over that the Euroleague awards are voted on by the fans online and anyone can vote as many times as they want.

And that the award that is just voted by the media is the all Europe award. And that Parker never won that award, and that Jasikevicius won it both the times that Parker got MVP from the fans.

So officially, Jasikevicius was voted the best player in Europe, and Parker never was. Parker was just voted MVP in the online fan poll, which is notorious for being rigged by fans of certain teams and always the American voters.

But these clowns here just ignore these facts over and over and over and keep posting the same bullshit.

It's even proved right here that it is true though,

http://www.maccabi.co.il/News.asp?id=458&lang=en#sthash.zNv7YCX2.tIskfoZI.dpbs

Saras – European Player of the Year

Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv point guard Sarunas Jasikevicius is European Player of the Year.

Saras has also been elected in the All-Europe 1st Team, the All Europeans 1st Team (including NBA players) and as the European Point Guard of the Year. All these honors are due to the three titles he won with Maccabi (Euroleague, Premier League & National Cup) as well as the fourth place with Lithuania in the Olympic Games in Athens.

Anthony Parker was also elected into the All-Europe 1st Team.

http://www.maccabi.co.il/News.asp?id=635&lang=en#sthash.FkEr8Tzm.dpbs

Three Maccabi players in the All Europe Team

Parker, Vujcic & Jasikevicius, voted also 2005 European Player of the Year

Sarunas Jasikevicius has been voted the 2005 European Player of the Year. He is a member of the All Europe Team together with two more Maccabi players Anthony Parker & Nikola Vujcic.

The media and journalist vote only (like how it is in the NBA) never said Parker was the best player in Europe, nor even on his own team for that matter. That was the fans voting online on the internet (as many times as they wanted to) that said that.

But these clowns here on ISH keep pushing this "Anthony Parker was the Jordan of Euroleague" and "Anthony Parker is the Euroleague GOAT" bullshit endlessly.

Rooster
05-16-2015, 12:22 AM
I agree.

The MVP thing is a joke.

It's about opportunity.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Every grown man in Euroleague is a role player .:roll:

The young prospects like Parsons go to NBA and get better:applause:

The rejects like Langdon go to Euroleague and get recycled:oldlol:

But it makes sense for towel wavers like VSpan and Saras to go back to minor league and make more money and create a minor league legacy :applause:

Rooster
05-16-2015, 12:25 AM
Utah Jazz coach seems to think so about Teodosic.

Please write down the last thing he says about him in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHO0OBtYNkk

Like I said Teodosic need to to NBA player and prove it.:rolleyes:

If he's easily better than Rubio then he should be making max proving his game against the best of the best:rockon:

Rooster
05-16-2015, 12:35 AM

Goudeluck :oldlol:

Great Player:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Seems to me that Euros can not differentiate the great player from a scrub:rolleyes:

No wonder you guys call Michael Jordan Farmar:bowdown: :oldlol:

Euroleague
05-16-2015, 12:35 AM
Oh you are using ALL four games? I thought you meant average or something. The article I saw talked about it breaking a record for most people in a country watching in one final four game a couple years back. Which listed spain breaking the record with 5 million watching the game.

I happen to know for a fact that when Real and Barca played each other last year that at least 10 million people watched the game in Spain. I have heard as high as 12-20 million viewers just for that game.

You are only quoting single stations. You have to understand those clubs have their deals, ACB has its deal, Euroleague has its deal, final four has its deal, etc. It's multi platform. It's not like in NBA where just one channel has it.

The viewership in Greece is tabbed at 10 million for the last several final fours.

And I am not even getting into basketball crazy areas like former Yugo countries, which are way more into the event than they are in Spain for example.

CSKA is like a national tradition almost for Russia in sport being at final four in basketball and they are not a basketball country and don't care much, but they do follow that event and tune in. They have a huge TV audience for that.

Last year Maccabi was there, so huge audience all around the world.

Fener is there this year........they have something like a 25 million rabid fan base.

It's a much bigger tournament than you are pretending. Just the Spanish basketball cup is actually quite a big tournament and deal. Even the Spanish basketball cup has some ridiculously huge amount of TV viewers.

And it is like a drop in the bucket to Euroleague final four. It really is amazing how outside of Europe the level of hate is so strong for Euroleague that basketball fans and NBA fans just say anything they can to demean it.

Euroleague
05-16-2015, 12:39 AM
Like I said Teodosic need to to NBA player and prove it.:rolleyes:

If he's easily better than Rubio then he should be making max proving his game against the best of the best:rockon:

You are a freaking joke. Just about every rotation point guard in Euroleague is better than Rubio.

Rooster
05-16-2015, 12:42 AM

5 million viewers for WNBA like:facepalm :facepalm

I am glad that our American NBA rejects have a backup plan just in case if their pro career does not pan out.:rockon:

Still could make millions in minor league and be called GREAT:wtf: player.:oldlol:

Euroleague
05-16-2015, 12:44 AM
Goudeluck :oldlol:

Great Player:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Seems to me that Euros can not differentiate the great player from a scrub:rolleyes:

No wonder you guys call Michael Jordan Farmar:bowdown: :oldlol:

Farmar does not play in Euroleague idiot. He plays in Turkish League. And he is called EAR Jordan.

EAR Jordan.

EAR Jordan.

Because of his ridiculous EARS.

The SAME nickname he has when he was in the NBA, before he ever played a second in Europe.

Back to IGNORE LIST FOR YOU.

morbius
05-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Fenerbahce did very poorly. This team was built to win the title, but it's always hard beating Spanish team in Spain. I expect Real to win again in the finals, but Olympiacos is well known for their bursts of inspiration when they are completely unstoppable, you can never count them out.

As expected, Real won. Olympiacos put up a decent effort throughout three quarters, but were a bit unlucky with calls and couldn't hit their free-throws to save their lives. In the last quarter the wheels finally came off as Real started hitting more shots.

Complete disappearing act by Spanoulis. The guy looked completely washed up out there, perhaps he was injured. He couldn't beat anyone off the dribble and was missing shots by a mile, going 0/4 for three and 1/4 from the line, with game high 4 TOs. Towards the end he was simply standing in the corner, spacing the floor. Coach should really have taken him out.

MP.Trey
05-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Euroleague excuses in 3...2...1...

Choke
05-17-2015, 05:32 PM
There is huge lack of resources in Euroleague compared to NBA, so we cant compare it. Hell, some colleges have better equipment, arenas and sponsors than Euroleague teams. In Europe is just soccer so popular, that it takes most of media attention. Good thing is, that in Turkey and Russia they are spending huge amounts in the last years for basketball, and so it is getting better a little bit. Especially Turkey is playing an important role last years. Turkish airlines are already main sponsor, but for bigger success, they should make Euroleague closer to audiences and more like NBA. But the sad truth is, that more and more teams are dealing with financial problems.