PDA

View Full Version : Greatest what if in NBA history: Celtics win 2007 draft lotto

the_troof
05-15-2015, 04:01 PM
So much changes if Boston wins the lotto and picks Durant like Ainge claims they would

Garnett/Allen careers are changed forever
Seattle/OKC remains irrelevant
Kobe probably wins 3 straight rings with gasol or potentially KG
LeBitch never leaves Cleveland for the first time after he wins 2010 EC, so no Heat, no superteam era
The Celtics get their next superstar in KD and potentially trade the Truth, who becomes more of an Antoine Walker figure than the beloved Celtic legend he was
etc
So many things change if the NBA doesn't rig the 2007 lotto against the Celts
:blah:

Genaro
05-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Celtics would probably choose Oden. If he remains IP no title for them

the_troof
05-15-2015, 04:04 PM
Celtics would probably choose Oden. If he remains IP no title for them
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21114751/wyc-ainge-wanted-durant-over-oden
maybe an easy thing to say in hindsight but i remember hearing at the time Danny wanted KD

ImKobe
05-15-2015, 04:08 PM
So, they'd end up with Jefferson, Rondo, KD, Tony Allen, Pierce.

I know they gave up the pick for KG, but maybe include Pierce and add on another team to still land KG?

Tony Allen, KG, Rondo and later on KD defensively would be amazing. Probably make 3 straight Finals from 2010-2012.

T_L_P
05-15-2015, 04:14 PM

I know they gave up the pick for KG, but maybe include Pierce and add on another team to still land KG?

Tony Allen, KG, Rondo and later on KD defensively would be amazing. Probably make 3 straight Finals from 2010-2012.

I know this a prime Garnett we're talking about, but I'm not entirely convinced that the Celtics would have traded away a prime Pierce for him (though obviously it'd have been a good deal for them).

That team would have been great though.

the_troof
05-15-2015, 05:38 PM

They gave up Jefferson for KG, the pick for Ray