PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd goes IN on Derrick Rose

J Shuttlesworth
05-15-2015, 04:50 PM
"Want to know what Chicago is? It's tough, it's windy, it's tough, the 85 Bears, it's steakhouses, the airshow, frigid lake michigan, gangsters, Mike Ditka, Beer, tighroping without a safety net. That's Chicago.

You know what Chicago is NOT? A 131 pound brittle, meek point guard, and he only weighs that cause of all the metal and titanium due to all the surgeries"
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12893404
:lebronamazed:

#THEREKTURN

Eric Cartman
05-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Classless :coleman:

Solefade
05-15-2015, 05:01 PM
love colin and dan lebatard..realest nikkas @espn

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2015, 05:05 PM
All these ESPN dudes are garbage.

I don't get why people post any of their crap as if it has many more merit than anyone on here.

JerrySeinfeld
05-15-2015, 05:08 PM

I don't get why people post any of their crap as if it has many more merit than anyone on here.

This

ThickassGlasses
05-15-2015, 05:09 PM

Did you click it because it said "Rose" or because it said "Colin Cowherd"?

Doesn't matter what he knows, all that matters is that people listen/read.

bigkingsfan
05-15-2015, 05:10 PM
They actually put Tupac in a commercial with this bitch ass.

NumberSix
05-15-2015, 05:14 PM
I've been saying it for years. Derrick Rose is a Brandon Jennings level player. Not remotely a "superstar".

Last night in an elimination game with Kyrie Irving out and LeBron playing like trash, Derrick Rose had 2 points in the last 3 quarters and got lit up by an undrafted back up.

Just think what this board would look like if LeBron, Kobe, or any player who matters did that in an elimination game like that.

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Did you click it because it said "Rose" or because it said "Colin Cowherd"?

Doesn't matter what he knows, all that matters is that people listen/read.

I more read it because of the first comment above me.

Ramza
05-15-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry but..... :roll:

ImKobe
05-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Meh, Rose came back from his injury and averaged 20/5/7 on medicore efficiency, not bad considering his regular season..

It's funny how Rose and Thibs get all the hate, but we all ignore how Pau goes from being a 19/12 big in the regular season to a 14/9 big in the Playoffs.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Cowherd is probably the worst of the ESPN goons tbh. Seems to be wrong 95% of the time and clings like hell to that 5% to validate his existence.

gts
05-15-2015, 05:51 PM
people still listen to Cowherd?

kentatm
05-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Cowherd is probably the worst of the ESPN goons tbh. Seems to be wrong 95% of the time and clings like hell to that 5% to validate his existence.

he's the sports equivalent of a right wing radio talk show host

oarabbus
05-15-2015, 05:53 PM
What an asshole, D Rose played really well.

Meticode
05-15-2015, 05:54 PM
Meh, Rose came back from his injury and averaged 20/5/7 on medicore efficiency, not bad considering his regular season..

It's funny how Rose and Thibs get all the hate, but we all ignore how Pau goes from being a 19/12 big in the regular season to a 14/9 big in the Playoffs.
It doesn't matter what you average in the playoffs, what matters is how you play in important moments. Rose folded like a lawn chair.

Solefade
05-15-2015, 06:00 PM
basketball isn't a little man's game in general not d. rose's fault..it's kind of interesting how no one ever lists PG's in their top 10 of all time (with the exception of magic but he's not a small dude)

Solefade
05-15-2015, 06:00 PM

i disagree, colin cowherd is one of the smartest and most honest dudes on ESPN

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2015, 06:05 PM
basketball isn't a little man's game in general not d. rose's fault..it's kind of interesting how no one ever lists PG's in their top 10 of all time (with the exception of magic but he's not a small dude)

Today is catered towards smaller players. The MVP is a small dude. Westbrook was doing some absurd numbers this yesr too. Could argue Paul should have gotten MVP a couple of times.

But I do agree they need a lot of help to win. It can be done, it's just tough. All-time, big men will always dominate those lists.

secund2nun
05-15-2015, 06:09 PM
Basketball is still and always will be a big man's game despite media propaganda.

ImKobe
05-15-2015, 06:11 PM
It doesn't matter what you average in the playoffs, what matters is how you play in important moments. Rose folded like a lawn chair.

he hit a damn game-winner in the series while Pau's soft ass averaged 12 & 6 for the series, went from being hyped as the best big man in the game in the regular season to a role player in the biggest Playoff series.

If Rose missed Game 5 with a hamstring injury, how many people would have clowned him for being soft for not trying to play through it?

Rose wasn't the most efficient guy in that series, but he took the most shots and as far as playmaking goes, had over 3 times as many assists as turnovers..

It's ridiculous to blame Rose and say the Bulls folded because he was soft when you had other guys playing worse ball than he did..He was the one with the knee injuries and shoulder issues and he played the 2nd most minutes.

People should blame themselves for expecting him to look like his 2011 self against the Cavs' defense, though he did give them two great 30-point games with one ending in a game-winner and 2nd ending in a Lebron game-winner..it is what it is. He gave them two great games and he was solid in Game 1, rest of the team didn't step up when they needed to. You can blame him for his Game 5, but it's not like it was a must win, you can live with that loss. He arguably was the best player in Game 6 on the Bulls, and he had a medicore game :confusedshrug:

warriorfan
05-15-2015, 06:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12893404
:lebronamazed:

#THEREKTURN

If Derrick Rose weighs 130 pounds then this guy must weigh 75.

http://www.yourradioplace.com/images/Colin-Cowherd.jpg

Cowherd sucks. He tries to be a white Stephen A Smith with his trolling except he is no where near as good as it. His radio show is called "the herd" which has negative connotations about his listeners even though his listeners are too retarded to realize. If you are Colin Cowherd or listen to his radio station you are a huge tool that doesn't know shit about sports.

DMAVS41
05-15-2015, 06:15 PM

45% TS is not mediocre...it's abysmal for a superstar scoring guard.

Glad to see someone in the media telling it like it is...

Cocaine80s
05-15-2015, 06:16 PM
he hit a damn game-winner in the series while Pau's soft ass averaged 12 & 6 for the series, went from being hyped as the best big man in the game in the regular season to a role player in the biggest Playoff series.

If Rose missed Game 5 with a hamstring injury, how many people would have clowned him for being soft for not trying to play through it?

Rose wasn't the most efficient guy in that series, but he took the most shots and as far as playmaking goes, had over 3 times as many assists as turnovers..

It's ridiculous to blame Rose and say the Bulls folded because he was soft when you had other guys playing worse ball than he did..He was the one with the knee injuries and shoulder issues and he played the 2nd most minutes.

People should blame themselves for expecting him to look like his 2011 self against the Cavs' defense, though he did give them two great 30-point games with one ending in a game-winner and 2nd ending in a Lebron game-winner..it is what it is. He gave them two great games and he was solid in Game 1, rest of the team didn't step up when they needed to. You can blame him for his Game 5, but it's not like it was a must win, you can live with that loss. He arguably was the best player in Game 6 on the Bulls, and he had a medicore game :confusedshrug:
The best player on the bulls should have more than 14 points without Kyrie in the game. Also he wouldn't get his shit pushed in by a back up point guard.

daily
05-15-2015, 06:18 PM
i disagree, colin cowherd is one of the smartest and most honest dudes on ESPN
No he's not. He's a shock jock. He'll take a stand one day and 7 days later take the very opposite position on the same topic. He argues counter to which ever way the wind blows just to generate interest

If you take him serious you're a fool because Cowherd doesn't, he openly confesses to taking contrarian stands because that's what keeps people listening

Legends66NBA7
05-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Isn't that the guy from Sportsnation or whatever ?

How's this guy going to talk about gangsters and how hard it is in Chicago ? Just stick to the facts on Rose and leave the hyperbole at the door. Report news, not garbage.

Solefade
05-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Today is catered towards smaller players. The MVP is a small dude. Westbrook was doing some absurd numbers this yesr too. Could argue Paul should have gotten MVP a couple of times.

But I do agree they need a lot of help to win. It can be done, it's just tough. All-time, big men will always dominate those lists.

I think it's catered towards smaller players because there's more talented small players than talented big guys...but 10/10 times you take the talented big guy over talented small guy....

curry is a very unique talent though, we'll see how far he takes his team, but if you list today's best 3 players, who would you list? I know my top 3 would for sure be LBJ, KD, AD..i think your best player always need to be a big man

warriorfan
05-15-2015, 06:22 PM
The best player on the bulls should have more than 14 points without Kyrie in the game. Also he wouldn't get his shit pushed in by a back up point guard.

:hammerhead:

Why the fucc are people still expecting things out of Derrick Rose? This just in, after his first knee surgery he was obviously never going to be the same. And if you realized that he never had a strong outside shot and his entire game was built around his explosive athleticism then you could tell his career as a major impact player was pretty much over. Derrick Rose with out top level athleticism and explosiveness is just an average point guard in the league.

Solefade
05-15-2015, 06:22 PM
No he's not. He's a shock jock. He'll take a stand one day and 7 days later take the very opposite position on the same topic. He argues counter to which ever way the wind blows just to generate interest

If you take him serious you're a fool because Cowherd doesn't, he openly confesses to taking contrarian stands because that's what keeps people listening

yes sometimes he takes the contrarian stances just to take the contrarian stance, but if you listen to what he says a lot of it makes sense and if he's wrong he definitely owns up to it. who at ESPN would you put over colin? i put him and dan lebatard at the top

NumberSix
05-15-2015, 06:25 PM

He's not a superstar. That's kinda the point.

He's a good player. He's not a bum or a scrub or anything. Dude is good. He's just not an elite player like people try to make him out to be.

He's doesn't belong in the conversation with the LeBrons, the Durants, Kobes, Westbrooks, etc... That's not an insult. The vast majority of players don't. He's more in the John Wall range.

daily
05-15-2015, 06:26 PM
yes sometimes he takes the contrarian stances just to take the contrarian stance, but if you listen to what he says a lot of it makes sense and if he's wrong he definitely owns up to it. who at ESPN would you put over colin? i put him and dan lebatard at the topESPN Radio? I only listen to the local guys in LA. Early morning I'll listen to Dan Patrick, he and his guys have a good thing going or I'll listen to regular news radio before I listen to Cowherd.

Don't watch ESPN TV unless it's a sporting event or to catch the scores

Solefade
05-15-2015, 06:27 PM
people hand out the superstar title very loosely, honestly to me theres only 3 or 4 superstars in the league to me

Solefade
05-15-2015, 06:29 PM
ESPN Radio? I only listen to the local guys in LA. Early morning I'll listen to Dan Patrick or regular news radio before I listen to Cowherd.

yes ESPN radio, i like dan patrick..in general i like the guys that give me fresh, thought provoking takes (as long as it makes sense..not like skip bayless)...i hate the dudes like mike golic who take the easy and popular take on sports

ImKobe
05-15-2015, 06:31 PM

he hasn't been a superstar since his ACL tear..

His overall scoring efficiency looks abysmal largerly due to Game 5, but he showed up in 3 games out of 6 for the series, no one else on the team really had any games that would have saved the Bulls when Rose wasn't playing that well.

It's a team sport. One guy has a bad game and their teammates are supposed to show up. Lebron was pretty terrible in Game 4 while Rose looked dominant, somehow he was still in position to even attempt a game-winning shot when he was 9-29 with 8 TOs prior to that buzzer-beater...

BasedTom
05-15-2015, 06:32 PM
He's not a superstar. That's kinda the point.

He's a good player. He's not a bum or a scrub or anything. Dude is good. He's just not an elite player like people try to make him out to be.

He's doesn't belong in the conversation with the LeBrons, the Durants, Kobes, Westbrooks, etc... That's not an insult. The vast majority of players don't. He's more in the John Wall range.
If we're talking 2015, then John Wall can impact the game far more than Rose can now

97 bulls
05-15-2015, 06:54 PM

But thats because he got hurt. He was playing well before that.

Optimus Prime
05-15-2015, 06:57 PM
The Worst MVP in NBA History just got badly outplayed and completely embarrassed by Matthew Dellavedova.

He deserves nothing but ridicule.

:kobe:

DMAVS41
05-15-2015, 07:17 PM
he hasn't been a superstar since his ACL tear..

His overall scoring efficiency looks abysmal largerly due to Game 5, but he showed up in 3 games out of 6 for the series, no one else on the team really had any games that would have saved the Bulls when Rose wasn't playing that well.

It's a team sport. One guy has a bad game and their teammates are supposed to show up. Lebron was pretty terrible in Game 4 while Rose looked dominant, somehow he was still in position to even attempt a game-winning shot when he was 9-29 with 8 TOs prior to that buzzer-beater...

45% TS isn't winning shit if you are the best player or 2nd best player on your team as a scorer

doesn't matter the team tbh...the level of play just isn't good enough to beat real teams

until Rose gets that fixed...he won't beat real teams in the playoffs

it's been a huge problem his entire playoff career

to date, rose hasn't beat a real team in the playoffs...he's beaten 3 sorry teams that wouldn't even sniff the playoffs in the West those years.

scoring efficiency for a scoring guard is huge...especially as Rose isn't a great game manager, overall defender, playmaker, and makes virtually no impact off the ball.

if he doesn't score well and efficiently...he's just not worth much

now, that doesn't mean he needs to be curry efficient on offense, but sub 50% TS just won't get it done

i haven't looked, but I'd bet there has never been a scoring guard shoot sub 50%TS and have a 103 or worse ortg that has led his team to the title in the modern era. unfortunately for Rose and his moronic fans...that is what he's been to date in his career in the most important games of his career

he can get better and healthier, but until that happens...there is just no reason to pretend he's anything more than an inefficient and inconsistent player that shoots way too much

IGOTGAME
05-15-2015, 07:39 PM

He hasn't been that since the injury. Real tough roasting an injured guy. But hey, this is the dude that said Wall will never be successful bc his dad died when he was a child. He is scum and the fact E SPN employs him is a disgrace.

chazzy
05-15-2015, 07:41 PM
Did anyone even have expectations for him after his knee surgery midseason? I certainly didn't. I was surprised to see him even have a few superstar-like games here and there.. he shouldn't be ridiculed like it's 2011 or something

Solefade
05-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Did anyone even have expectations for him after his knee surgery midseason? I certainly didn't. I was surprised to see him even have a few superstar-like games here and there.. he shouldn't be ridiculed like it's 2011 or something

pretty sure the majority of people were picking bulls to win after kevin love went down and kyrie got hurt and a majority of that is because d.rose was healthy

Bless Mathews
05-15-2015, 07:56 PM

Uhhhhh. Maybe journalism degrees.

Witnessing 1000 times sporting events in person and interviewing / covering athletes first hand.

Go do it.

It's easy right?

They make GREAT money and have great percs of the job.

Oh wait.

You'd rather flip burgers for minimum wage and poast behind a fake name on the imaginary world of a Internet message board.

Hater.

:facepalm

DMAVS41
05-15-2015, 08:19 PM
He hasn't been that since the injury. Real tough roasting an injured guy. But hey, this is the dude that said Wall will never be successful bc his dad died when he was a child. He is scum and the fact E SPN employs him is a disgrace.

Well, he speaks the truth here.

WesWelkerACL
05-15-2015, 08:36 PM
Colin Cowherd is a clown. Great video of him ranting about Greg Oden> Kevin Durant; shows everything you need to know about Cowherd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LulSsTbflGU

Hey Yo
05-15-2015, 08:38 PM
ESPN Radio? I only listen to the local guys in LA. Early morning I'll listen to Dan Patrick, he and his guys have a good thing going or I'll listen to regular news radio before I listen to Cowherd.

The bad thing about listening to local sports guys is that they usually stay clear of ridiculing local athletes. They usually tell ya what you want to hear.

I wanna hear objectiveness and calling guys out when they deserve it, not excuses.

L8krH8tr
05-15-2015, 08:40 PM
I hate this guy and that Michelle Beadle biitch.

Hey Yo
05-15-2015, 08:41 PM
He also said Wall didn't act professional and doesn't look to take the game serious. But that was a few years ago

He admitted he was wrong since then.

Eric Cartman
05-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Colin Cowherd is a clown. Great video of him ranting about Greg Oden> Kevin Durant; shows everything you need to know about Cowherd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LulSsTbflGU

Everyone knows he's a moron, but this is a true gem.

chips93
05-15-2015, 08:56 PM
i remember him ranting about how mark sanchez was a franchise qb, because of his 'character' and 'leadership' and how he'd take him over aaron rogers, who just put up nice fantasy numbers :rolleyes:

JohnFreeman
05-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Fvck ESPN.

warriorfan
05-15-2015, 09:02 PM
I've heard him try to argue that Matt Ryan is just as good as Aaron Rogers. :lol

Hey Yo
05-15-2015, 09:07 PM
i remember him ranting about how mark sanchez was a franchise qb, because of his 'character' and 'leadership' and how he'd take him over aaron rogers, who just put up nice fantasy numbers :rolleyes:
Mel Kiper jr. was right about 6 of the 32 players drafted in the first round this year as far as who was going where.

Yet he's considered an expert....:rolleyes: