PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry's Impact is Bigger Than His Numbers Show

branslowski
05-15-2015, 08:37 PM
I mean watching him play this season aswell as these playoffs shows the importance of Curry to his team to a point where his stats don't truely show it. I mean 24ppg 7ast 4reb 48%fg 44%3pt is fine but his play on the court is far greater.

I mean the way he scares opponents with his off ball ability is second to none. All eyes are on him which leads to one of his teamates sliding to the basket for easy layups and open 3pt shots. Seriously the amount of hockey assist he gets is amazing. He is everything to the Warriors offense and is rightfully a true MVP.

He makes everyone 10 times better and I want everyone to closely watch his impact tonight. He's the most skilled player in the NBA and IMO a Top 3 player in the NBA easily. I'm honestly tired of reading "Curry's MVP is weak" Or "Well, they had to give it to somebody"...Really?? SMFH.:no:

CJ Mustard
05-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Harden's play has definitely validated his MVP somewhat, but there isn't a GM in the league including the Warriors who thinks he's more valuable than Anthony Davis. A healthy Westbrook and Lebron probably get the nod over him too. That makes him 4th in the league at best.

branslowski
05-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Harden's play has definitely validated his MVP somewhat, but there isn't a GM in the league including the Warriors who thinks he's more valuable than Anthony Davis. A healthy Westbrook and Lebron probably get the nod over him too. That makes him 4th in the league at best.

Only players in the NBA who you can say is above Curry is LeBron (not by much though) and Healthy KD. WestBrook is my dawg but he only puts those numbers up because KD was hurt and OKC had no one else who could score. Curry actually made players better.

Kblaze8855
05-15-2015, 08:47 PM
There are an awful lot of people be they fans, gms, or whatever that wouldnt take Westbrook over Curry.

CJ Mustard
05-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Only players in the NBA who you can say is above Curry is LeBron (not by much though) and Healthy KD. WestBrook is my dawg but he only puts those numbers up because KD was hurt and OKC had no one else who could score. Curry actually made players better.
Anthony Davis is definitely the better player. 32/11/3 on 54% in his first Playoff appearance with no help on his team. Was better statistically in the regular season too. Put a somewhat decent team around him, and the Pels would've won 55 games and he'd be the consensus MVP.

CJ Mustard
05-15-2015, 08:51 PM
There are an awful lot of people be they fans, gms, or whatever that wouldnt take Westbrook over Curry.
They'd regret it. Westbrook is the better all around player and it isn't even particularly close.

warriorfan
05-15-2015, 09:00 PM
They'd regret it. Westbrook is the better all around player and it isn't even particularly close.

:biggums:

branslowski
05-15-2015, 09:51 PM

:facepalm

Just watching the game, Curry gets it to Barnes on the move who then passes it to Bogut for the easy dunk. Hockey assist.:applause:

Lensanity
05-15-2015, 09:58 PM
He is easily more valuable than Anthony Davis right now. He demands more attention from defenses than anyone in the NBA.

branslowski
05-15-2015, 10:10 PM
He is easily more valuable than Anthony Davis right now. He demands more attention from defenses than anyone in the NBA.

This. I mean it's almost like CJ Mustard ain't watchin this game. But what do you expect from a Bucks fan? Team aint been relevant since Ray Allen had a flat top.

livinglegend
05-15-2015, 10:16 PM
OP makes a great point.
Curry's off-ball game is as deadly as Kyle Korver. Defenders can never leave him alone.
He needs to have attention on him all the time because he is such a great shooter and he has such a quick release.
All the attention he gets opens more opportunities for his teammates to score.

Milbuck
05-15-2015, 10:44 PM
This. I mean it's almost like CJ Mustard ain't watchin this game. But what do you expect from a Bucks fan? Team aint been relevant since Ray Allen had a flat top.
:whatever:

ILLsmak
05-15-2015, 10:45 PM

you know how deadly a healthy OKC team would be with Curry?

-Smak

CJ Mustard
05-15-2015, 10:48 PM
Don't act like we forgot when you were a Laker fan. What happened? Jumped off that bandwagon real mother****ing quick.

k0kakw0rld
05-15-2015, 10:54 PM
:biggums:

Jacks3
05-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Every superstar has big impact outside the box-score.

branslowski
05-16-2015, 12:09 AM
Don't act like we forgot when you were a Laker fan. What happened? Jumped off that bandwagon real mother****ing quick.

How am I jumping a bandwagon by talking about a top player in the league?:oldlol:

Cleverness
05-16-2015, 04:12 AM
I mean watching him play this season aswell as these playoffs shows the importance of Curry to his team to a point where his stats don't truely show it. I mean 24ppg 7ast 4reb 48%fg 44%3pt is fine but his play on the court is far greater.

I mean the way he scares opponents with his off ball ability is second to none. All eyes are on him which leads to one of his teamates sliding to the basket for easy layups and open 3pt shots. Seriously the amount of hockey assist he gets is amazing. He is everything to the Warriors offense and is rightfully a true MVP.

He makes everyone 10 times better and I want everyone to closely watch his impact tonight. He's the most skilled player in the NBA and IMO a Top 3 player in the NBA easily. I'm honestly tired of reading "Curry's MVP is weak" Or "Well, they had to give it to somebody"...Really?? SMFH.:no:

http://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif

Exactly, which is why it shows how ignorant people are when they compare him to 2011 Derrick Rose, especially numbers wise. Chicago's offense was lead by Derrick Rose's iso ball/driving to the basket. Warriors' offense is lead by Stephen Curry with a deadly shot, excellent ball handling skills and passing ability, creating opportunity for everyone else on the floor; Klay Thompson has mentioned this in about 68 post-game interviews this year.

Curry is 10x smarter than Westbrook, but Westbrook is more aggressive and emotional (screams a little bit more too). Curry is a championship leader who will be great for a long time.

imdaman99
05-16-2015, 05:07 AM
I would take Westbrook easily because he has proven it in the playoffs but Curry is doing his thing this season/playoffs. Curry doesn't even guard opposing above average PGs. He has Klay Thompson do his dirty work because his coach does not want him wearing down on the other end :roll:

I was hoping we got to see Westbrook vs Curry in the 1st round because WB would have shitted on him, even though GS still would have won. It's called playing on a smartly coached team. Is there anyone in OKC capable of a hockey assist? They all need to be spoonfed their baskets.

ThickassGlasses
05-16-2015, 08:54 AM

You have to ignore poor CJ.

He's got a chub going for Anthony Davis despite not watching anything but box scores and ESPN highlights of the games. He is going to tell you Davis killed GSW in his first playoff series every despite getting the majority of his stats (that he'll cite repeatedly) in the most literal definition of "empty".

He will then tell you how the Pelican's are a horrible team despite the fact that they have a better team than over half the league. They aren't great but Evans, Gordon, Holiday (when healthy), and Asik are all solid starters (Evans is good) and that's ignoring Pondexter and Anderson off the bench.

You will then provide evidence supporting your claim and debunking any of his nonsense, and he'll respond with his equivalent of the second grade "Nuh-uh, you're stupid!!!!2111!"