PDA

View Full Version : Can a coaching change take the Bulls to the next level like it did the Warriors?

navy
05-16-2015, 02:28 AM
Thibs and Mark Jackson are very similar. Set the defensive tone and helped bring their franchises back into solid teams. However both overachieved initially and when the time came to get it done both can be seen also holding the team back with terrible offense and questionable coaching tactics.

So what would a Kerr like coaching change bring to the Bulls?

Legends66NBA7
05-16-2015, 02:42 AM
Depends on the roster coming back. Honestly, I don't see them going to another level as they currently stand. It's too flawed and too many injuries to make it work.

shootingcomets
05-16-2015, 03:00 AM
They are not going anywhere with Rose as their #1 after all the injuries he's had. I don't think any coach can save them

Heavincent
05-16-2015, 03:05 AM
Bulls definitely don't have as much talent. I looked at the Warriors in 2013-14 and wondered why they didn't win more games.

Bulls don't really have overwhelming talent...it's a decent roster. Nothing more.

BasedTom
05-16-2015, 03:10 AM
Rose is done. And tbh, he was never as good as chicongolese fans like to think. The Bulce have had a lot of great talent come in and out of their city, under the idea that it didn't matter, when Rose comes back at 100% they'll surely win no matter what. If the Bulls didn't trade away guys like Korver, Nate, Asik then they might be a serious contender and built around team play and depth instead of a pair of dead knees and fraud SAT results.

BasedTom
05-16-2015, 03:13 AM
The same way that there are blessings in disguise, Rose's fraudulent MVP was a curse in disguise. It wholly fooled Bulls fans into thinking that Dairy Crows is a generational player, one who could impact the game the same way as the legends and all time greats.

coin24
05-16-2015, 03:14 AM
Basedtom has a point.. They needed to retain Nate, korver etc and sign some more offensive threats. Plus a half decent offensive minded assistant coach..
Going forward I think this group has reached its ceiling..

Maybe time to blow it up and try again..

It doesn't help the Bulls FO are cheap bastards

navy
05-16-2015, 03:14 AM
They are not going anywhere with Rose as their #1 after all the injuries he's had. I don't think any coach can save them
They got Steph Curry on a baby contract from his ankle injuries. :confusedshrug:

BasedTom
05-16-2015, 03:18 AM
They got Steph Curry on a baby contract from his ankle injuries. :confusedshrug:
when has steph talk about muscle memory or life after basketball?

ImKobe
05-16-2015, 03:18 AM
Bulls ain't talented enough to be much better than they were this season.

Pau is soft as hell, Rose is done as far as being a top 5 PG, bench is pretty shytty, Noah doesn't produce enough offensively.

Letting go of Korver and Nate was stupid as hell tbh and Rose's contract obviously limits their options.

Kirk is the worst PG in the league to me, but he got 20 minutes in Game 6 and was like a -30 lol.

bballnoob1192
05-16-2015, 03:24 AM
they need to leave the conference honestly that way they don't have to play lebron. LOL. Lebron owns your soul bull fans.

Heavincent
05-16-2015, 03:28 AM
they need to leave the conference honestly that way they don't have to play lebron. LOL. Lebron owns your soul bull fans.

So they can miss the playoffs instead?

Spurs5Rings2014
05-16-2015, 03:30 AM

Seattle?

bballnoob1192
05-16-2015, 03:33 AM
Seattle?
maybe. and then make memphis a gddamn east coast team. they play like an east coast team. they are in Tennessee. and that would help with the balance a little.

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2015, 04:40 AM
They absolutely can get to the next level with a good hire, but I honestly don't think there's a coach out there good enough to do it. I have no idea who they'll even look at, maybe Alvin Gentry? He's not going to unlock anything...

They have Noah and Rose who will be much improved once they get healthy, plus Butler at 25 years old who is just entering his prime. Limitless potential for this squad.

BasedTom
05-16-2015, 04:42 AM
They absolutely can get to the next level with a good hire, but I honestly don't think there's a coach out there good enough to do it. I have no idea who they'll even look at, maybe Alvin Gentry? He's not going to unlock anything...

They have Noah and Rose who will be much improved once they get healthy, plus Butler at 25 years old who is just entering his prime. Limitless potential for this squad.
zer0 way yr ahnestky belueve whagt you just post

iamgine
05-16-2015, 04:43 AM
What's going on with Joakim Noah? We know he's limited offensive player but I thought he's a DPOY level defensive anchor.

BasedTom
05-16-2015, 04:45 AM
What's going on with Joakim Noah? We know he's limited offensive player but I thought he's a DPOY level defensive anchor.
doggs dont live long but ist not longer 2011 man

KembaWalker
05-16-2015, 04:45 AM

Completely worn down

hawksdogsbraves
05-16-2015, 04:46 AM
zer0 way yr ahnestky belueve whagt you just post

I an't lie I'm extremely drunk right now i have no idea if I honestly belive what I just posted or not

shootingcomets
05-16-2015, 07:33 AM

If Steph won MVP first, then got the ankle injuries he would have got a massive contract which would have weakened their bench.

Funny enough in Steph's case, his injury might have helped them get a championship. He also doesnt rely on athleticism as much so his injury in the past doesnt seem as hurtful.

Warriors kinda hit the perfect storm this year but after this they need to pay Dreymond and he's not going to be cheap. It's quite possible they they'll lose some bench guys since they are at 78mil for next year already before even paying Drey

Blue&Orange
05-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Bulls post season it's always the same, injured, tired, no offense, and this year no defense also.

JellyBean
05-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Oh yeah. It could take them to either level, becoming a stud team or a dud team. Whoever the next coach is, they will just have to find that right balance between being a jerk and being a cool coach.

warriorfan
05-16-2015, 08:03 AM
If Steph won MVP first, then got the ankle injuries he would have got a massive contract which would have weakened their bench.

Funny enough in Steph's case, his injury might have helped them get a championship. He also doesnt rely on athleticism as much so his injury in the past doesnt seem as hurtful.

Warriors kinda hit the perfect storm this year but after this they need to pay Dreymond and he's not going to be cheap. It's quite possible they they'll lose some bench guys since they are at 78mil for next year already before even paying Drey

On the flip side they can replace whoever op's out with ring chasers on the cheap.

Phenith
05-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Maybe if they get the right pieces...
- Rose is a walking injury concern and his back-ups are Hinrich and Brooks.
- Noah is now on the wrong side of 30 and is inconsistent, with no other center on the team as a back up this is a problem, Gibson/Mirotic fill in nice, but won't be good as full time centers.
- Gasol is like 35 and Mirotic looks like he will be a decent replacement going forward, bright spot #1.
- Dunleavy is inconsistent and old while Snell is young and could become a decent 3 and D guy, but his ceiling is pretty low.
- Butler is your biggest bright spot, but he isn't a 1st option, he would be great as a 3rd option and pretty good as a 2nd option... but yet again, the depth in the back court is forcing Rose/Butler to play way too many minutes.

I'd like to see what McDermott can do if he gets some burn, Thibs basically wasted his entire rookie year.

They are going to need a decent big man and PG in free agency if they want to progress, and losing Thibs defensive intensity is a big question mark, he was effective from day one with this team.

Priority 1 should be to sign a combo guard that can play 30+ minutes a night at a high level playing both back court positions. Then they need to worry about their aging front court(Gibson is 29 too, Mirotic is their only young big as a 23 year old rookie).

Meticode
05-16-2015, 09:21 AM
I think the Bulls can go to the next level if they get a good hire. Coach Thibs was running players into the ground with heavy minutes over the years, and there's no problem being defensive minded first, but the Bulls lost games because nothing was ran on offense that was efficient except pick-n-roll.