PDA

View Full Version : How can Lebron ever be compared to Kobe and Jordan if he had to leave a team twice?

PWB15
05-17-2015, 01:58 PM
to reach the Finals?

Jordan and Kobe never left the team they started playing with and was about to reach the Finals multiple times. Lebron on the other hand had to leave Cleveland to join another star in Miami to get to the Finals three years in a row and then bailed again once that team lost in the Finals. So how the hell can he be compared to Kobe or Jordan when he never stayed put and needed to join another team to have a chance in making the Finals. Kobe stayed with the Lakers after losing the 2004 Finals and 2008 Finals while Lebron left Miami because they lost the Finals?

The man can never be compared to Kobe and definitely not Jordan

Dro
05-17-2015, 02:01 PM
to reach the Finals?

Jordan and Kobe never left the team they started playing with and was about to reach the Finals multiple times. Lebron on the other hand had to leave Cleveland to join another star in Miami to get to the Finals three years in a row and then bailed again once that team lost in the Finals. So how the hell can he be compared to Kobe or Jordan when he never stayed put and needed to join another team to have a chance in making the Finals. Kobe stayed with the Lakers after losing the 2004 Finals and 2008 Finals while Lebron left Miami because they lost the Finals?

The man can never be compared to Kobe and definitely not Jordan
Are you forgetting the hissy fit Kobe threw to try to get traded?

Anyway, I don't like what Lebron did but its not THAT big of a deal to me. And he didn't HAVE to leave, he chose to for a better shot at a ring. At the end of the day, thats what the players want, championships and Ill never fully fault a guy for doing what he feels gives him the best chance. He didn't do anything illegal or anything the NBA is against obviously or it would not be allowed.

Lebron cannot be compared to MJ, nobody can. But I definitely think he's a better player than Kobe and will be ranked higher all time....

Kvnzhangyay
05-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Are you forgetting the hissy fit Kobe threw to try to get traded?

Anyway, I don't like what Lebron did but its not THAT big of a deal to me. And he didn't HAVE to leave, he chose to for a better shot at a ring. At the end of the day, thats what the players want, championships and Ill never fully fault a guy for doing what he feels gives him the best change. I didn't do anything illegal or anything the NBA is against obviously or it would not be allowed.

Lebron cannot be compared to MJ, nobody can. But I definitely think he's a better player than Kobe and will be ranked higher all time....

this lol

mj > bron > kobe

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2015, 02:09 PM
James will never equal Jordan's legacy but this isn't the reason why. He in fact did make the Finals in his first stint with the Cavs and since the decline of the Celtics' big three he could have lead almost every EC team to the Finals.

As for James vs. Bryant? Bryant was the greater competitor but James has him beat in individual accolades (4 MVP awards) and will eclipse every statistical milestone Bryant has earned except for 35 ppg and the 81-point game. I don't think James will match Bryant's number of Championships but he also never got a teammate on prime Shaq's level. James will probably surpass Bryant's career by the time he's 35 and eyeing retirement.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-17-2015, 02:23 PM
This year is HUGE for LeBron's career. If he cannot add another championship/finals MVP to his resume, and continues to play average on a loaded team, it won't be favorable to his legacy. I mean, at his absolute peak was he a better player than Kobe? Sure.

His career resume isn't better yet though. Kobe was instrumental in 3 titles (2 of them where he put up #1 option numbers), and won another 2 while being THE driving force. That's pretty damn impressive.

LBJ 23
05-17-2015, 02:30 PM
This year is HUGE for LeBron's career. If he cannot add another championship/finals MVP to his resume, and continues to play average on a loaded team, it won't be favorable to his legacy.

Are you putting this year and loaded team in the same breath? If so, you're no better than posters who were saying that Lebron in 13' and 14' played with a top 3 player and top 5 PF.

If not, ignore my post....

livinglegend
05-17-2015, 02:31 PM
This year is HUGE for LeBron's career. If he cannot add another championship/finals MVP to his resume, and continues to play average on a loaded team, it won't be favorable to his legacy. I mean, at his absolute peak was he a better player than Kobe? Sure.

His career resume isn't better yet though. Kobe was instrumental in 3 titles (2 of them where he put up #1 option numbers), and won another 2 while being THE driving force. That's pretty damn impressive.

AGENDA EXPOSED.

2swift4u
05-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Who cares if a player has played for multiple teams or for only one team. If a player plays for a different team every season but wins it every year he's still the best player. Not saying Lebron's legacy will ever be Jordan-like but him leaving a team twice is certainly not the reason for that.

edrick
05-17-2015, 04:17 PM

You're funny. An injured Love and a hobbled Kyrie = loaded? Even at full stength, the teams in the West are loaded, so stfu with this nonsense.

TheBigVeto
05-17-2015, 07:36 PM
this lol

mj > bron > kobe

This is correct.

SouBeachTalents
05-17-2015, 07:41 PM
It helps to have Pippen/Phil & Shaq/Phil instead of Mo Williams/Mike Brown as your second option & coach. And once Kobe got to experience having mediocre teammates he demanded a trade after just 3 seasons

J Shuttlesworth
05-17-2015, 07:44 PM
What? LeBron made the finals before he went to Miami

k0kakw0rld
05-17-2015, 07:48 PM
It does not matter what team he is on. He will always be the man. Alpha as fvck.

Raymone
05-17-2015, 07:55 PM
What? LeBron made the finals before he went to Miami

How games did he win again? Seems so long ago.

sd3035
05-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Kuniva has these Lebaldo stans on strings :roll: :roll:

http://laborunionreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/puppets-on-a-string.jpg

kennethgriffin
05-17-2015, 07:59 PM
lebron is a historically great quitter

3 times before his 30th birthday

quit in 2010 on a 60 win team

quit in 2011 cause wade was in line for finals mvp

then quit on a team that went to 4 straight nba finals

amazing

SouBeachTalents
05-17-2015, 08:00 PM
lebron is a historically great quitter

3 times before his 30th birthday

quit in 2010 on a 60 win team

quit in 2011 cause wade was in line for finals mvp

then quit on a team that went to 4 straight nba finals

amazing

How'd these teams do after he left?

Big Cheese
05-17-2015, 08:02 PM
easier to stay and trust an organization with championship pedigree and allowed you to play with a GOAT level big man in his prime in shaq and GOAT level coach in Phil jackson over a dysfunctional organization that gave you guys like larry hughes, mo williams, and allowed mike brown to remain as the coach for 5 years.

kennethgriffin
05-17-2015, 08:07 PM
How'd these teams do after he left?

their leader quit on them and ran away... tossing them asside like yesterdays garbage

they obviously felt like used toilet paper and lost all hope to win a title

90% of what makes a good team is

a) chemistry
b) effort
c) leadership
d) motivation

its what separates the good teams from the bad ones.

every team has talent.

when lebron left he ruined both teams chemistry.. they both lost their effort/belief in themselves. they both lost their leader. they both lost their motivation

that played more into the collapse of the cavs and heat

that and the cavs were an offense 100% built around lebron and geared for penitrate/kick offense

then he left and nobody was there to fill in

with the heat they just had some bad luck in terms of bosh's health. others aging

and they didnt just lose lebron. they also lost the guy that won them the 2013 nba finals