PDA

View Full Version : Warriors are -10 tomorrow

jayfan
05-18-2015, 12:37 PM
That has to be the largest point spread for game 1 of a Conference Final between a #1 & #2 seed ever.

Perhaps even the largest in a CF regardless of seed.

brantonli
05-18-2015, 12:39 PM
I don't know betting lines, does that mean Warriors are favoured to win by 10?

kennethgriffin
05-18-2015, 12:39 PM
so basically if you bet on the rockets. they only have to lose by less than 10 or win by any amount?

easy money

Fudge
05-18-2015, 12:40 PM
Putting down $500 on this for one of my bookies.

Golden State by 15-20, imo.

jayfan
05-18-2015, 12:43 PM
I don't know betting lines, does that mean Warriors are favoured to win by 10?

Yep

GreatHILL
05-18-2015, 12:44 PM

Golden State by 15-20, imo.

hey wigga how you like this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIJuLQhoUb0

JonatanRey
05-18-2015, 12:45 PM
Warriors must be happy with last night game. They have no piece to stop Curry and Klay when they are both on the floor. Interesting how McHale is gonna try to stop this. Maybe puttin Corey on Curry and Ariza on Klay? From the beggining?

Orlando Magic
05-18-2015, 12:47 PM

No... no you're not.

Fudge
05-18-2015, 12:48 PM

This you, bro? If so, shit's fiyah.

If not, shit wack to me. Negro like a fake ass Curren$y.

UK2K
05-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Anywhere from 8-12 is probably right.

HCA gives automatic -3. So Vegas says GS is about 7 points better.

No problem with that.

GreatHILL
05-18-2015, 12:55 PM
This you, bro? If so, shit's fiyah.

If not, shit wack to me. Negro like a fake ass Curren$y.

if u really from the O-Town then you would knew who joe blow is now i see you fakin like shit.....

livinglegend
05-18-2015, 12:55 PM
How does this work?
If I put 100$ on Rockets, will I win money if GSW wins the game by less than 10 points? And how much do I win?

Orlando Magic
05-18-2015, 01:00 PM
if u really from the O-Town then you would knew who joe blow is now i see you fakin like shit.....

Hey... everything about that poster is a put on. He has a minimum of 10 alt accounts that he posts on and trolls with. It's difficult to tell who he actually roots for but the trend seems to be the Thunder. He's not from Oakland.

TLDR story of his life; it's a white kid living at home with his mom working a minimum wage food service/retail job pretending to be somebody because he has no friends and is insecure about who he is as a person.

Fudge
05-18-2015, 01:01 PM
http://www.8notes.com/images/artists/otown.jpg

???

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Could somebody explain why -10 means Warriors favored by 10? I would think that being favored by 10 means it is +10.

Clifton
05-18-2015, 01:10 PM
There is no way Houston is winning this; or, indeed, not getting blown out at least 3 times. They'll get hot and steal game 2, 3, or 4. But they're not winning game 5 in the Warriors' building.

They're a much inferior team with worse coaching. But beyond that, the matchups are terrible. Howard and Smith are weak-minded players who were able to prevail over weaker-minded players in rounds 1 and 2 because they have chemistry with each other. But Dray and Bogut will get into their heads and break right through that. They're not the ones to conquer Golden State's frontcourt. Thompson and Iguodala can do as good a job as anyone in the league at neutralizing Harden, and the Rockets don't have a strong PG who can take advantage of Curry.

There's just no way. They put on a nice little run but they just don't have it.

GreatHILL
05-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Hey... everything about that poster is a put on. He has a minimum of 10 alt accounts that he posts on and trolls with. It's difficult to tell who he actually roots for but the trend seems to be the Thunder. He's not from Oakland.

TLDR story of his life; it's a white kid living at home with his mom working a minimum wage food service/retail job pretending to be somebody because he has no friends and is insecure about who he is as a person.

thank you for the info, i knew that wigga is fake as fucc.....

livinglegend
05-18-2015, 01:16 PM

:lebronamazed:

Fudge
05-18-2015, 01:23 PM
thank you for the info, i knew that wigga is fake as fucc.....
I'm not into rap and hip-hop, goofball. No shit I wouldn't know who that scrubby, wannabe black rapper is.

:hammerhead:

TylerOO
05-18-2015, 01:32 PM
Could somebody explain why -10 means Warriors favored by 10? I would think that being favored by 10 means it is +10.

At the end of the game you subtract 10 from GS score.

I didn't know so many people on here didn't understand sports gambling.

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 01:33 PM

Ah, ok. I still think it makes more sense the other way. What happens in a tie? Like if Warriors win 110-100.

bballnoob1192
05-18-2015, 01:35 PM

ISH is full of outstanding citizens not gambling addicts. :no:

coin24
05-18-2015, 01:35 PM

Sounds like jameer

TylerOO
05-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Ah, ok. I still think it makes more sense the other way. What happens in a tie? Like if Warriors win 110-100.

Push. Some bookies will have it where nobody wins, sometimes the push goes to the bookie.

ISHGoat
05-18-2015, 01:47 PM
Push. Some bookies will have it where nobody wins, sometimes the push goes to the bookie.

there is no bookie I know that gives you the L on a push LOL, otherwise its like you have -10.5

TylerOO
05-18-2015, 01:59 PM
there is no bookie I know that gives you the L on a push LOL, otherwise its like you have -10.5

I know one bookie that does.

bballnoob1192
05-18-2015, 02:13 PM
arn't most lines .5 to avoid ties?

ISHGoat
05-18-2015, 02:31 PM
I know one bookie that does.

so every -10 is actually a -10.5 and a +9 is actually a +8.5?

Or do you win on a +9 when your team wins by 9 exact, to balance out losing on a -10 when your team wins by 10

dazzer87
05-18-2015, 02:51 PM
so basically if you bet on the rockets. they only have to lose by less than 10 or win by any amount?

easy money
Yeah and then GSW drops 2 3s in the last 30 seconds at the end of the game and cover......:roll:

UK2K
05-18-2015, 03:17 PM

If the game were played, GS would start in a 10 point hole to ensure an even game (GS -10, the game would start Houston 0 Golden State -10). Vegas says that after a game, with those starting points, Houston and GS would tie after regulation.

Thus, GS is favored by 10 points. 3 of those go to whoever has home court. So if it was GS -1, that would mean Vegas is saying Houston is 2pts better than GS.

In this case, GS is -10. -3 for home court. Vegas says GS is 7 points better than Houston, which is about right.

You win whether your team 'covers' or not. If Houston lost by 9, they would win in Vegas.

UK2K
05-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Nothing. Everyone throws away their tickets.

That's why you will likely see .5 (-4.5, +2.5) with smaller bookies. I prefer to bet this way anyway.

Thorpesaurous
05-18-2015, 03:22 PM
I by no means think Houston is gonna win the this series. But I saw +435 for them on the series (which means that if you bet 100 on Houston, you win 435 if they win). That is an enormous number for a conference finals. And I do think they may have something matchup wise after being forced into playing Ariza and Brewer together with Harden since Beverly got hurt. Beverly is a good defender, but the length of the two wings allows Harden to switch on all the screens, and makes the defense just much more versatile.

Like I said, I don't think they'll win, but at better than 4 to 1 they may be worth a shot. And you could Hedge like crazy against a number that big.

ISHGoat
05-18-2015, 03:27 PM
I by no means think Houston is gonna win the this series. But I saw +435 for them on the series (which means that if you bet 100 on Houston, you win 435 if they win). That is an enormous number for a conference finals. And I do think they may have something matchup wise after being forced into playing Ariza and Brewer together with Harden since Beverly got hurt. Beverly is a good defender, but the length of the two wings allows Harden to switch on all the screens, and makes the defense just much more versatile.

Like I said, I don't think they'll win, but at better than 4 to 1 they may be worth a shot. And you could Hedge like crazy against a number that big.

actually i dont think they are a good hedge option, because it is likely they lose both games at GSW and that +435 goes up to like +1435.

Crimsonrain777
05-18-2015, 03:29 PM

wow....:facepalm

UK2K
05-18-2015, 03:54 PM
actually i dont think they are a good hedge option, because it is likely they lose both games at GSW and that +435 goes up to like +1435.

^^ Knows what he's talking about.

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 04:02 PM

What about in Vegas?

jayfan
05-18-2015, 04:08 PM
What about in Vegas?

Push = refund in Vegas.

ZenMaster
05-18-2015, 04:13 PM

Sure, -10 means that you have to deduct 10 points from the Warriors final score in the game.

So you call them a 10 point favorite because a bet on either side of the line will pay back just under 100% of your stake. The line bets pay within 1.80-1.95 on either side. So people who think the Warriors will win with less than 10 will be paid 1.80-1.95 back on their stake and the same for people who bet that they will win by more than 10.

These numbers also show you how betting companies make money on these bets. They will move the line if more people are betting on one side than the other, the goal is to have an equal amount of people betting on each side of the line as it's a 50/50 bet. The profit for the betting companies then come when you pay back an equal amount of people 1.80-1.95 on a bet that is 50/50.

Edit after reading the rest of the thread: Not sure for physical ones, but all online bookies will have a line that is 8,5 - 9,5 - 10,5 etc in order to aviod ties.

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Push = refund in Vegas.

Ok. Cool.

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Sure, -10 means that you have to deduct 10 points from the Warriors final score in the game.

So you call them a 10 point favorite because a bet on either side of the line will pay back just under 100% of your stake. The line bets pay within 1.80-1.95 on either side. So people who think the Warriors will win with less than 10 will be paid 1.80-1.95 back on their stake and the same for people who bet that they will win by more than 10.

These numbers also show you how betting companies make money on these bets. They will move the line if more people are betting on one side than the other, the goal is to have an equal amount of people betting on each side of the line as it's a 50/50 bet. The profit for the betting companies then come when you pay back an equal amount of people 1.80-1.95 on a bet that is 50/50.

And that further helps my understanding. Thanks. Shame rep is gone right now. :cheers:

Thorpesaurous
05-18-2015, 04:57 PM

I'd say they are because if you play one unit on Houston to win the series, you have four chances to play Golden State and get that unit back before you fall into the red.

Or if you want to shoot for a profit either way, you can take GS for two units twice. Although with the spreads that hi you may still come out with a double loser.

Personally I'd play Houston, then hold out till game three or four. If Houston does anything it should pull the line down enough on those Games in Houston to make a hedge against them. And if they do nothing I'd feel more comfortable trying to get my money back on GS in spite of the big game lines based on Houston rolling over.

Ca$H
05-18-2015, 05:02 PM

Bruce Jenner.

oarabbus
05-18-2015, 05:12 PM
So this thread's got me thinking about my first foray into sports betting (aside from a straight bet against a friend or two)... I'm looking at Bovada right now and see their bet types, but where's the series bet at? Is there a way for me to put money on Cavs going to the finals, cuz I'm pretty confident on that

jayfan
05-18-2015, 05:19 PM
So this thread's got me thinking about my first foray into sports betting (aside from a straight bet against a friend or two)... I'm looking at Bovada right now and see their bet types, but where's the series bet at? Is there a way for me to put money on Cavs going to the finals, cuz I'm pretty confident on that

Just looked. The series lines are right there under the game 1 lines.

Cocaine80s
05-18-2015, 05:43 PM

:roll:

oarabbus
05-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Just looked. The series lines are right there under the game 1 lines.

thx dunno how I missed it

TylerOO
05-18-2015, 05:50 PM
so every -10 is actually a -10.5 and a +9 is actually a +8.5?

Or do you win on a +9 when your team wins by 9 exact, to balance out losing on a -10 when your team wins by 10

I personally don't bet through this guy. But you are right, essentially you're getting -10.5 when it's -10. I have a few friends who have no other connections that bet through him. Mostly dudes that don't have much experience bet through him.

Guy is an idiot. I remember during hockey last year he was giving out even money on the teams +1.5 goals, if it went to over time you automatically won obviously. My friends were pounding the underdogs every night until the dumbass bookie realized it shouldn't have been even money :roll:

He's a very amateur bookie.

LiLharvard
05-18-2015, 08:43 PM

dat nikka old as dirt