PDA

View Full Version : Lakers got the next Jordan. Clarkson named All Rookie first team

imnew09
05-18-2015, 04:44 PM
Source (http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/140518clarkson_allrookie?cid=FB)

Fken Bright future head of us Lakers Nation!

Jordan
Randle
Kobe
Free Agent
Free Agent

Top 5 pick of the draft :bowdown: :bowdown:

Ca$H
05-18-2015, 04:54 PM
In 38 games as a starter, the 22-year-old averaged a team-leading 15.8 points per game on 45.8% shooting to go with 5.0 assists, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.05 steals.

Great numbers for a rookie.

outbreak
05-18-2015, 05:03 PM
In 38 games as a starter, the 22-year-old averaged a team-leading 15.8 points per game on 45.8% shooting to go with 5.0 assists, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.05 steals.

Very good. Plus he averaged like 1.2 turn overs a game or something. Compared to MCW who averaged 3.5 and shot under 40% and some people thought he was a star :facepalm

oarabbus
05-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Very good. Plus he averaged like 1.2 turn overs a game or something. Compared to MCW who averaged 3.5 and shot under 40% and some people thought he was a star :facepalm

MCW also had better averages to go with the terrible shooting and TOs.

Basically neither of them are anything special. Just nice numbers due to playing on a shit team.

Smook A.
05-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Next Jordan :lol

I see more of a Monta Ellis in him

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Step 1: Talk about bright future
Step 2: Mention Kobe
Step 3: ??????
Step 4: Lottery for years

Mr. Jabbar
05-18-2015, 05:20 PM
thats a big dick franchise to rebuild that fast, **** thats glorious :applause: :applause: :applause:

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 05:21 PM

The numbers are fine, but they don't indicate anything special overly special either.

HOoopCityJones
05-18-2015, 05:27 PM
The numbers are fine, but they don't indicate anything special overly special either.

Nah, you're just a hatin ass ni99a whose Team is hanging by a thread of relevance before the next decade of irrelevance. Lakers potential got you ni99as shook.:roll:

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Nah, you're just a hatin ass ni99a whose Team is hanging by a thread of relevance before the next decade of irrelevance. Lakers potential got you ni99as shook.:roll:

My God. The delusion in L.A. is worse than I thought.

Eric Cartman
05-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Next Jordan :lol

I see more of a Monta Ellis in him

Got negged 3 times for making that comparison.

Still, I'd take Monta Ellis in a heartbeat given the mess we're in.

Optimus Prime
05-18-2015, 06:04 PM
So he got the green light to do whatever he wanted on a terrible Lakers team...

We still have a ~20% chance of getting screwed out of our lotto pick.

We haven't seen Randle play any meaningful NBA minutes.

We have some cap space, but not enough to attract two marquee free agents unless we do S&T.

To get any significant cap space, we basically have to renounce our entire roster outside of Kobe, Nick Young and a few young guys.

"Bright future"...

:facepalm

outbreak
05-18-2015, 06:06 PM

Basically neither of them are anything special. Just nice numbers due to playing on a shit team.
:coleman:

He averaged 1 point, 1 assist and 1 rebound more.

Dr Seuss
05-18-2015, 06:31 PM
the numbers, good or bad, are not what lakers care about when it comes to JC's rookie season. it was the experience gathered, the noticeable improvement made in all aspects of the game(shooting, play making, defense), and the lack of ego that came with all of it.

hes a great player to have who was disregarded by pretty much every team prior to the lakers 2nd rd pick. if he continues to develop at this pace, the lakers have cemented 1 of their backcourt pieces for the forseeable future. suck a dick, haters

TheMilkyBarKid
05-18-2015, 06:33 PM

That's what my general thoughts were although admittedly I have barely watched the Lakers. But is he really better than Marcus Smart, who has a far greater impact than stats suggest?

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 06:37 PM

This.

gts
05-18-2015, 06:38 PM
That's what my general thoughts were although admittedly I have barely watched the Lakers. But is he really better than Marcus Smart, who has a far greater impact than stats suggest?

Clarkson is going to be real good if he wants to be good.... He's got tons of talent, good hops and he's real smart bball wise

there's a reason he's on the first team after only playing half a season basically

imnew09
05-18-2015, 08:30 PM
the numbers, good or bad, are not what lakers care about when it comes to JC's rookie season. it was the experience gathered, the noticeable improvement made in all aspects of the game(shooting, play making, defense), and the lack of ego that came with all of it.

hes a great player to have who was disregarded by pretty much every team prior to the lakers 2nd rd pick. if he continues to develop at this pace, the lakers have cemented 1 of their backcourt pieces for the forseeable future. suck a dick, haters

Damn bruh . On fken point too bad haters are too blind to see this.:cheers:

Prime_Shaq
05-18-2015, 10:53 PM
Jordan actually won ROY

veilside23
05-19-2015, 12:54 AM
Clarkson is going to be real good if he wants to be good.... He's got tons of talent, good hops and he's real smart bball wise

there's a reason he's on the first team after only playing half a season basically

This ... i see clarkson as a PG version of brandoy roy. kinda like he doesnt really have to force things a lot of times, clarkson has that smooth kinda game in him. I think he is also an underrated defender.

sadly clarkson even though with filipino roots may not be able to play for his home country and join gilas for fiba.

as for the lakers I am happy because he was given a chance and he made sure that it will secure his future.

First All Rookie team :bowdown:

ImKobe
05-19-2015, 06:51 AM

Jordan started off as a shooting guard and has elite scoring skills for a rookie guard and Steve Nash mentored him and taught him how to play point, his form is really good on his shots, he is more athletic than most guards in the league, he can dunk it on you. He's a legit 6-4 so he is not an undersized shooting guard like IT.

Also decent defensively, doesn't gamble too much, doesn't get embarrassed like Lillard or Irving would. Dropped 30/4/7 with 3 blocks and only 3 TOs on 64% shooting against Russ at OKC, had 25 and 6 assists on 67% shooting @ Memphis vs Conley, 20/6/4 with 3 steals @ Cleveland vs Irving, 26 & 6 against Rondo.

He was very consistent for a rook and averaged 20/5/7 with 1.6 steals and only 2.5 turnovers on 49/32/81 shooting his last 10 games.

Sportal
05-19-2015, 07:09 AM
Who would the Lakers(fans) like if they don't get #1 or #2?

Eric Cartman
05-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Who would the Lakers(fans) like if they don't get #1 or #2?

1. Towns
2. Mudiay
3. Winslow

Guys like Okafor, Russell, Hezonja, Stein seem prime bust candidates.

senelcoolidge
05-19-2015, 07:39 AM
My God. The delusion in L.A. is worse than I thought.

Welcome to laker fans. Delusional as they get. They think everyone want to sign with them for the minimum. Stay sucking lakers.

dunksby
05-19-2015, 07:48 AM
EL SEGUNDO – Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson has been named to the NBA’s All-Rookie First Team, it was announced today. Clarkson is the 11th Laker to be named to the first team, joining Eddie Jones, Vlade Divac, Byron Scott, James Worthy, Magic Johnson, Norm Nixon, Brian Winters, Jim Price, Dick Garrett, and Bill Hewitt, in addition to 1958-59 Rookie of the Year Elgin Baylor.
Good company :applause:

Taller than CP3
05-19-2015, 09:09 AM
Jordan Clarkson is about to become bigger than Manny Pacquiao in the Philippines.