PDA

View Full Version : Would Millsap turn down a 15-16 mill deal with raps

barkleynash
05-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Personally, I think this would be a great signing. 3 year deal. 15 to 16 mill per. A bit of an overpay, but he would be very good partnered with Val. Sign Cory Joseph with remaining money.

Lawson, Joseph Free agent minimum contract point guard.
Derozen, Ross
Chandler, JJ, Bruno/ Daniels
Millsap, Patterson Lyles
Val, Bebe Hayes

Draft Trey Lyles

How bout Vaz and Lowry for Chandler and Ty Lawson . Raps might have to chuck in their own first rounder next year. (not the knicks/Nuggets
Pick) to get the deal done.

I like that second unit quite a bit. Ross and Patterson as shooters, JJ and Bebe as defenders and Joseph to make the unit go on both ends.

Starters become a bit more versatile with the addition of 2 excellent two way forwards. Millsap will make Val better and provide a much better offensive game than Amir did.

If Bruno or Daniels show great promise you trade Ross to open up a spot for one of those guys to fill in. Derozen stays at the two a lot more in this scenario. Raps become a much better passing team in this scenario. Lawson moves the ball and pushes the ball a lot better than lowry. Millsap is coming from a system where the ball and players move a great deal. Casey would have a lot more weapons IMO and a team better suited to his style of coaching. A more consertative defence with guys like chandler, joseph and JJ and Lawson very capable of keeping players in front of them. An emergence of Bebe would be very nice, as they need a mobile defender shot blocker rebounder to help compensate for Val, who should be more of a stay at home defender. I think that second unit could play scramble defence. Just not with Val.

thoughts?

warriorfan
05-18-2015, 07:19 PM
depends on how much he wants a ring

ApexPredator
05-18-2015, 07:23 PM
depends on how much he wants a ring

Are you suggesting he is leaving the Hawks for less money?

lilteapot
05-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Yes, because the Raptors are a horrible franchise.

Fallen Angel
05-18-2015, 07:43 PM
How much is it to relocate outside the country, how much do they tax incomes, how much is it to find a home in the Toronto area?

How many players sign near max contracts to go TO Toronto? I'll answer that, 0.

oarabbus
05-18-2015, 07:44 PM
Are you suggesting he is leaving the Hawks for less money?

I think he's suggesting the Raps isn't the team to go if you want a ring

barkleynash
05-18-2015, 10:12 PM
If the raps overpay for Millsap's services, maybe he takes the money and runs. IF they give him 16 million, that's probably a couple million more than he will get anywhere else.
He could maybe help Toronto turn the corner. Who knows.

avonbarksdale
05-18-2015, 11:06 PM
id be fired up. we have like $13M coming off in expirings of guys who suck

boozehound
05-18-2015, 11:21 PM
he would be better on the pistons

ISHGoat
05-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Terrible move. Op is Brian colangelo.

SoCalMike
05-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Also note that with taxes in Canada, $16M is really not $16M... you have to factor that in.

:pimp:

hawksdogsbraves
05-18-2015, 11:34 PM
If you're the Raps do you really want to do this? That core isn't winning shit with or without Millsap, I'd probably want to blow it up more than I'd want to add a fringe all star.

FreezingTsmoove
05-18-2015, 11:45 PM
Hell no the taxes in Canada alone will rape his contract. Theres a reason no big names sign in Toronto and the #1 reason is taxes.

Legends66NBA7
05-19-2015, 01:55 AM
Eh, I don't think were getting any major free agent. Not holding my breath for Millsap, Aldridge, or whoever. Pretty tough situation for this Toronto team but I don't think they blow anything up and start over.

Terrible move. Op is Brian colangelo.

Millsap isn't Jason Kapono or Hedo Turkuglo or broken down Jermaine O'Neal. Colangelo also kept Bargnani around for far too long.

NugzFan
05-19-2015, 04:13 AM
Personally, I think this would be a great signing. 3 year deal. 15 to 16 mill per. A bit of an overpay, but he would be very good partnered with Val. Sign Cory Joseph with remaining money.

How bout Vaz and Lowry for Chandler and Ty Lawson . Raps might have to chuck in their own first rounder next year. (not the knicks/Nuggets
Pick) to get the deal done.

Make it the ny pick

gasolina
05-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Woudn't the current exchange rate more than make up for the taxes? It's 80cents to the canadian dollar now.

Whoever goes to Toronto better hope the OPEC keep their vice grip on oil prices until their contract runs out.