PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting the Melo signing- What if Bulls had got him?

poido123
05-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Championship?

Would of had a healthy rose and butler, and thibs would be forced to give mirotic his minutes if no Gasol.

We desperately needed Melos scoring, he could of been enough IMO

Thoughts?

PsychoBe
05-18-2015, 08:05 PM
melo dodged a bullet :roll: :roll: :roll:

niko
05-18-2015, 08:07 PM
I thought pre playoffs that the Bulls dodged a huge bullet because they looked so complete. But the Bulls were the same as always, no scoring, no one who could manufacture points for the most part 1 on 1. Considering how Bulter plays (not really off the PG) him and Melo could have coexisted.

Jameerthefear
05-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Poido showing his face for the first time since that ass whipping :roll:

nathanjizzle
05-18-2015, 08:09 PM
I thought pre playoffs that the Bulls dodged a huge bullet because they looked so complete. But the Bulls were the same as always, no scoring, no one who could manufacture points for the most part 1 on 1. Considering how Bulter plays (not really off the PG) him and Melo could have coexisted.

melo is an iso player if anything. its easy to say what if we had so and so and restart the series and say hypothetically we would win. hypothetically we should have won anyway but we didnt, there was no fire there, and to say melo could have lit the bulls isnt reality when he hasnt done it on his own teams. no pau but melo, we still would have lost with noah playing like garbage. our defense is garbage, we switched and doubled on everything and that always gave the cavs an opportunity on offense. it was pretty bad, i havent yelled at the screen like that since 2003. thibs should be fired and ive always felt that thibs was a great coach, but you cant be dumb enough to tell your players to double team delenenova

oarabbus
Championship?

Would of had a healthy rose and butler, and thibs would be forced to give mirotic his minutes if no Gasol.

Thoughts?

Bulls would have gotten bent over in the finals, but - they would have made the finals.

JohnMax
It'd be Iverson/Melo Denver Nuggets all over again

LiLharvard
05-18-2015, 08:37 PM
melo is an iso player if anything. its easy to say what if we had so and so and restart the series and say hypothetically we would win. hypothetically we should have won anyway but we didnt, there was no fire there, and to say melo could have lit the bulls isnt reality when he hasnt done it on his own teams. no pau but melo, we still would have lost with noah playing like garbage. our defense is garbage, we switched and doubled on everything and that always gave the cavs an opportunity on offense. it was pretty bad, i havent yelled at the screen like that since 2003. thibs should be fired and ive always felt that thibs was a great coach, but you cant be dumb enough to tell your players to double team delenenova

terrible post :bowdown:

Rose'sACL
05-18-2015, 08:51 PM
Melo is under-appreciated by the fans. put him on the bulls instead of rose and bulls would have beaten the cavs .
i liked rose a lot these playoffs but melo would have had a way bigger impact.

niko
05-18-2015, 09:01 PM
You lost because you couldn't score, not because you had defensive issues. The defense has to be perfect because you can't score with anyone.

Legends66NBA7
05-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Championship?

Thoughts?

I don't think Gasol is possible if the team has Melo. They probably don't win since Melo is presumably injured. Melo hasn't been a good playoff performer thus far, I don't think he puts them over the top.

Heavincent
05-18-2015, 10:37 PM
They still lose to the Cavs.

Kvnzhangyay
05-18-2015, 10:43 PM
No way Bulls would have Pau then

poido123
05-18-2015, 10:53 PM
You lost because you couldn't score, not because you had defensive issues. The defense has to be perfect because you can't score with anyone.

That's precisely it, which is I think Melo could of been the difference.

Sure, we wouldn't have Gasol but Melo is far more dynamic and offers strengths in areas of need for the bulls ie another outside threat, another guy who can create and penetrate.

He would alot

FireMcFailPlease
05-18-2015, 10:56 PM
No way Bulls would have Pau then
and no way jimmy butler develops to the player he did with melo chucking 23 a game

plowking
05-18-2015, 10:58 PM
A line up of:

Noah, Mirotic, Melo, Butler and Rose is pretty nice. Having Taj coming off the bench, with Brooks and what not.

Still, replace Pau up there as well, and you guys literally have no excuse as to how you didn't get to the ECF this time around. Far more talented than the Cavs, far more deep, and just a better team. Yet you got beaten by two guys who have been overdribbling all season, and a bunch of shooters.

Your team, as tough as they act, are all mental midgets. When the game gets tight, they'd rather jack up a 3, then move the ball inside and try and get a better shot that might result in some physical contact.

icewill36
05-18-2015, 11:41 PM
A line up of:

Noah, Mirotic, Melo, Butler and Rose is pretty nice. Having Taj coming off the bench, with Brooks and what not.

Still, replace Pau up there as well, and you guys literally have no excuse as to how you didn't get to the ECF this time around. Far more talented than the Cavs, far more deep, and just a better team. Yet you got beaten by two guys who have been overdribbling all season, and a bunch of shooters.

Your team, as tough as they act, are all mental midgets. When the game gets tight, they'd rather jack up a 3, then move the ball inside and try and get a better shot that might result in some physical contact.

agree

i think the lineup with melo would have more difficult to defend though. melo at the 3 and mirotic as a stretch 4. they would be built more like cavs, and probably wouldnt have all those droughts on offense the way they would be able to keep floor spacing.

melo fukked up but i cant hate a man getting his money.

J Shuttlesworth
05-18-2015, 11:59 PM
One ball to share between Butler, Melo, and Rose sounds tough.

FLDFSU
05-19-2015, 12:01 AM
That is collusion. Per ISH, players are not allowed to team up like this during free agency.

Rose, Noah, Gasol, and Anthony would be cheating. Therefore their rings would not count.

CarlosBoozer
05-19-2015, 05:08 AM
They need a good offensive coach for that to work, I can smell too much isos between Rose/Butler/Melo

Nuff Said
05-19-2015, 09:02 AM
People seem to forget that Melo is out for the season and therefore would not have helped Bulls this post season.