PDA

View Full Version : Spurs planning on building a contender next season and Duncan is coming back...

toxicxr6
05-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Just reading articles and apparently Duncan and Manu are going to sign for another season... Also Spurs will offer Leonard max and apparently are looking to offer max to get any of LMA/mark gasol or brook Lopez

If Spurs can do this and maybe have a few other small roster tweeks can you see them being a serious threat again! I sure can

Duncan going for another season :rockon:

Proctor
05-18-2015, 08:35 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The plus side is they will be a serious threat even without the tweaks :rockon:

rmt
05-18-2015, 08:41 PM
What about Danny Green? Does that mean he's gone? I think that's a mistake. The perimeter defense is more important than a big man. SAS' big man rotation i s pretty good with TD/Splitter/Diaw/Baynes. I'd rather they not go after Alridge/Gasol (which is a pipe dream anyways) if it means losing Green.

They'll be worse with only Leonard as a good defender on the perimeter. Geez - Parker, Belli, Mills, Manu - they'll get killed.

toxicxr6
05-18-2015, 08:48 PM
What about Danny Green? Does that mean he's gone? I think that's a mistake. The perimeter defense is more important than a big man. SAS' big man rotation i s pretty good with TD/Splitter/Diaw/Baynes. I'd rather they not go after Alridge/Gasol (which is a pipe dream anyways) if it means losing Green.

They'll be worse with only Leonard as a good defender on the perimeter. Geez - Parker, Belli, Mills, Manu - they'll get killed.

In what I was reading there was no mention of what green is doing which probably isn't a great sign.. But I do think that if the Spurs sign a very good big.. That will open the door for them to possibly trade splitter for another 3andD player.. And I think they would happy to do that.... My gut feeling is that they might make a push for batum.. If the Blazers lose LMA they will need another big and it seems batum is on the trading block anyways.. Spurs could offer splitter which could be tempting to the Blazers. Batum I think could be very good on the Spurs as well

Meticode
05-18-2015, 08:52 PM
If there is a chance to get Gasol or LMA, I definately go with Gasol. He's a better defender, a decent mid-range jumper, just as good in the post, and most importantly, he's a way better passer for that type of offense to be ran. If it's possible to get him, get him...

Gasol/Splitter
Duncan/Diaw
Leonard/Belinelli
Green/Ginobili
Parker/Mills

They can give it one more good run with Duncan and Parker, I think.

toxicxr6
05-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Also I think the extra rest this year will benefit them.. Especially Parker would seemed to be banged up all season.. Also I think mills will improve a lot with a full pre season as well

BuffaloBill
05-18-2015, 08:58 PM
If there is a chance to get Gasol or LMA, I definately go with Gasol. He's a better defender, a decent mid-range jumper, just as good in the post, and most importantly, he's a way better passer for that type of offense to be ran. If it's possible to get him, get him...

Gasol/Splitter
Duncan/Diaw
Leonard/Belinelli
Green/Ginobili
Parker/Mills

They won't be able to keep all those guys and get Gasol/LMA

rmt
05-18-2015, 08:59 PM

Gasol/Splitter
Duncan/Diaw
Leonard/Belinelli
Green/Ginobili
Parker/Mills

Don't think they can sign a Gasol/LMA, give Leonard the max and afford Green too. Green would be gone unless Duncan and Manu are playing for veteran's minimum. That cursed $15million/year to Parker!!!

BuffaloBill
05-18-2015, 09:00 PM
Don't think they can sign a Gasol/LMA, give Leonard the max and afford Green too. Green would be gone unless Duncan and Manu are playing for veteran's minimum. That cursed $15million/year to Parker!!!

It burns my soul knowing that we will be giving parker 15 million in 2018. That doesn't even sound right. Highway robbery.