PDA

View Full Version : Deandre Jordan and Chris Paul had a falling out over his FT shooting

iamgine
05-18-2015, 11:19 PM
All season, a growing schism has emerged between DeAndre Jordan and Chris Paul, and that it could contribute to Jordan's decision to stay or go.

Paul's well-known edginess and drive grind on Jordan's nerves for much of the season. Contributing to the problem was Paul's view that Jordan lacked the appropriate commitment to working on his free-throw game, including not working enough with the Clippers shooting coach on that issue.

"Things aren't good there," a league source familiar with the inner-workings of the Clippers organization said.

I can imagine DJ's perspective. Who's this tiny little dude who keeps yapping away at me. :lol

inclinerator
05-18-2015, 11:26 PM
chris paul is the best 5'11 player

guy
05-18-2015, 11:27 PM
Well hard to blame CP3 too. Literally the worst free throw shooter ever getting big minutes and thinks he deserves 20 million/year?

outbreak
05-18-2015, 11:28 PM
DJ should get on Paul about his flopping

plowking
05-18-2015, 11:30 PM
DJ should get on Paul about his flopping

Why? It never lost them games unlike DJ's free throw shooting.

Another note, funny how people always said that these guys work with the coaches, but some simply aren't destined to be great shooters. Well, this article puts that shit to rest. He clearly doesn't care enough. He is happy getting by without it. Can't blame him, since he will get paid either way, but it shows that some players don't practice enough or care enough.

Spurs m8
05-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Wonder how much DJ hates Pop for exposing him and potentially costing him money or a deal he wants.

outbreak
05-18-2015, 11:37 PM

Another note, funny how people always said that these guys work with the coaches, but some simply aren't destined to be great shooters. Well, this article puts that shit to rest. He clearly doesn't care enough. He is happy getting by without it. Can't blame him, since he will get paid either way, but it shows that some players don't practice enough or care enough.

The key word here is "some". When this has been bought up we reference shaq and dwight who have had numerous staff/team mates etc talk about how they do well in practice but can't hit them in game.

I was joking about the flopping, CP3 has every right to chew out a guy if he's not working hard at fixing a crucial part of his game

RoseCity07
05-18-2015, 11:38 PM
What is your source?

Eric Cartman
05-18-2015, 11:39 PM
Join the Lakers Deandre, wouldn't even need to relocate at all.

Well give you your max contract, handsome.

SmackOrH.A.K
05-18-2015, 11:41 PM
What is your source?
Can you post the link to the quote

Mr. Jabbar
people always said that these guys work with the coaches, but some simply aren't destined to be great shooters. Well, this article puts that shit to rest.

this

LAZERUSS
I watch DJ and Dwight shooting FTs, and it just amazes me that Jordan shoots as poorly as he does. He actually has decent form, while Howard is all over the place.

FreezingTsmoove
05-18-2015, 11:42 PM

Exactly. I used to think DJ put in too much work in his conditioning and weight training which led him to be a piss poor ft shooter but it was his work ethic all along

Prime_Shaq
05-18-2015, 11:43 PM
At least Shaq won with poor FT shooting :lol

chocolatethunder
05-18-2015, 11:44 PM
Can you post the link to the quote
I thin it was this

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/deandre-jordan-los-angeles-clippers-free-agency-chris-paul-rift-051815

Eric Cartman
05-18-2015, 11:44 PM
This is the link: http://www.businessinsider.com/report-deandre-jordan-chris-paul-feuding-2015-5

J Shuttlesworth
05-19-2015, 12:09 AM
I can't blame CP3 for being mad if DJ isn't putting in the work to get his free throws better