PDA

View Full Version : What about a roster like this for the Bulls next season?

Upgrayedd
05-19-2015, 12:08 AM
First, I'd like to try and trade Noah and Taj Gibson and get rid of Hinrich, Dunleavy. I would LOVE to try and get Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge. But I don't know if that will happen. What about keeping Noah and trading Taj and Dunleavy and getting rid of Hinrich and going after some free agents? I was thinking about Jeff Green to put in the starting lineup at at the 3. I was thinking Jamal Crawford or Arron Afflalo to come in off the bench at the 2 and bring back Asik to come off the bench.

Starting lineup:

C: Noah
PF: Gasol
SF: Jeff Green
SG: Butler
PG: Rose

Bench:

C: Asik
PF: Mirotic
SF: Snell/McDermott
SG: Crawford or Afflalo
PG: Brooks

Legit contender?

outbreak
05-19-2015, 12:12 AM
There was an article a week or so back theorizing an Orlando deal for Gibson involving Harris to get the Bulls another scorer. You can't trade coaches and players tough and Orlando is rumoured to have a hard on for thibs and is willing to move picks to get him.

LAZERUSS
05-19-2015, 12:14 AM
First, I'd like to try and trade Noah and Taj Gibson and get rid of Hinrich, Dunleavy. I would LOVE to try and get Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge. But I don't know if that will happen. What about keeping Noah and trading Taj and Dunleavy and getting rid of Hinrich and going after some free agents? I was thinking about Jeff Green to put in the starting lineup at at the 3. I was thinking Jamal Crawford or Arron Afflalo to come in off the bench at the 2 and bring back Asik to come off the bench.

Starting lineup:

Bench:

Legit contender?

If healthy they would challenge for a title.

Cocaine80s
05-19-2015, 12:15 AM
Coach: Scott Brooks/Mark Jackson

Heavincent
05-19-2015, 12:18 AM
That's not a contender. Awful spacing, aging front court, etc.

Regardless, I'm sure they'll be listed top 5 in the preseason power rankings for whatever reason. I don't understand the obsession with this team.

el gringos
05-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Cool, no salary cap. Knicks will also be tough

Russell
Carroll
Carmelo
Aldridge
Gasol

Upgrayedd
05-19-2015, 12:21 AM
From what I've heard I like Fred Hoiberg. I was listening to the radio last week and they were describing Hoiberg as a Steve Kerr type coach who would come in and really connect with the players. I would love to have Steve Kerr. But oh well. If Hoiberg can come in and do what Kerr did to Golden State this season, that would be awesome. Especially because Rose and Butler if Rose can stay healthy would be as good as Curry and Thompson in Golden State.

Heavincent
05-19-2015, 12:22 AM
Especially because Rose and Butler if Rose can stay healthy would be as good as Curry and Thompson in Golden State.

LOL stop. Just stop.

Butler vs Thompson is whatever (Thompson is slightly better), but Rose isn't in the same stratosphere as Curry.

97 bulls
05-19-2015, 12:24 AM
On paper they look good. But no more C level players. We need a stud. The Bulls need to do something big.

Cousins for Noah and Gibson

Jameerthefear
05-19-2015, 12:25 AM
There was an article a week or so back theorizing an Orlando deal for Gibson involving Harris to get the Bulls another scorer. You can't trade coaches and players tough and Orlando is rumoured to have a hard on for thibs and is willing to move picks to get him.
the magic can't trade harris

Jameerthefear
05-19-2015, 12:26 AM
On paper they look good. But no more C level players. We need a stud. The Bulls need to do something big.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Upgrayedd
05-19-2015, 12:27 AM
That's not a contender. Awful spacing, aging front court, etc.

Regardless, I'm sure they'll be listed top 5 in the preseason power rankings for whatever reason. I don't understand the obsession with this team.

Gasol was unbelievable this season. And with a new coach that will probably rest him a lot more than Thibs did he can come back and have another great season. Noah was injured but if he can get healthy this summer he can come back and Noah and Gasol can be awesome together. Then you have Asik and Mirotic off the bench.

This team would have everything. Great passing with Rose, Gasol, and Noah. Scoring with Rose, Butler, Gasol, Green, Crawford or Afflalo, McDermott/Snell, and Brooks. Rebounding with Gasol, Noah, and Asik.

Jameerthefear
05-19-2015, 12:28 AM
even that hypothetical team that has no way of existing (they are giving butler the max so how are they going to fit asik, green, and crawford?) isn't a real contender.

lilteapot

Starting lineup:

Bench:

Legit contender?

You have like no floor spacing on that team and the rebounding would be awful, and crawford will chuck them out of games.

Upgrayedd
LOL stop. Just stop.

Butler vs Thompson is whatever (Thompson is slightly better), but Rose isn't in the same stratosphere as Curry.

Don't be ridiculous. Butler is every bit as good as Thompson. And Rose has shown when healthy he's still one of the best point guards in the league and absolutely up there with Westbrook and Curry.

Upgrayedd
05-19-2015, 12:33 AM

Like I said I would love to see the Bulls get Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge but I don't think it's going to happen.

There are a lot of other free agents though that the Bulls could easily get and the Bulls have players that other teams might want. Jeff Green replacing Dunleavy would be awesome. Bringing in Crawford or Afflalo to come in and score off the bench would be awesome.

I think this team can contend with some good moves and if Rose and Noah can stay healthy. They don't need to start completely over. They need a starting 3 and more offense off the bench.

Heavincent
05-19-2015, 12:33 AM
Don't be ridiculous. Butler is every bit as good as Thompson. And Rose has shown when healthy he's still one of the best point guards in the league and absolutely up there with Westbrook and Curry.

Curry these last two years was better than Rose has ever been in his life. As it stands now, it's obviously not even a comparison.

Rose hasn't been in the top 5 PG discussion since 2012.

Jameerthefear
05-19-2015, 12:36 AM
Like I said I would love to see the Bulls get Marc Gasol or LaMarcus Aldridge but I don't think it's going to happen.

There are a lot of other free agents though that the Bulls could easily get and the Bulls have players that other teams might want. Jeff Green replacing Dunleavy would be awesome. Bringing in Crawford or Afflalo to come in and score off the bench would be awesome.

I think this team can contend with some good moves and if Rose and Noah can stay healthy. They don't need to start completely over. They need a starting 3 and more offense off the bench.
Serious question... how in the world does this work money wise? They are going to be over when Butler gets the max,

Upgrayedd
05-19-2015, 12:36 AM
Curry these last two years was better than Rose has ever been in his life. As it stands now, it's obviously not even a comparison.

Rose hasn't been in the top 5 PG discussion since 2012.

Oh stop it. Rose was easily better than Curry before all the injuries. MVP Rose was all alone at the top of the list of best point guards before was injured. Westbrook, Curry, Chris Paul didn't even come close. MVP Rose was on LeBron James level.

TylerOO
05-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Wouldn't beat LeBron

outbreak
05-19-2015, 12:40 AM
the magic can't trade harris
sign and trade. the article was talking about rumours the bulls want to move gibson to free up minutes for mirotic and use gibsons salary on a scorer (which harris would be)

Upgrayedd
05-19-2015, 12:41 AM
It works by making the right trades. Bulls have Taj Gibson who a lot of teams would love to have. Clippers could do a sign-and-trade for Taj and send the Bulls Jamal Crawford. Think about how awesome the Clippers would be with Taj coming off the bench. Or the Grizzlies could do a sign-and-trade and trade Jeff Green. Same thing with Afflalo. I'm sure the Blazers would love to have Taj especially if they end up losing LaMarcus Aldridge in free agency.

Bulls could potentially try and trade Noah as well. There's also Dunleavy. The Bulls have a few players they can trade and sign some free agents.

Jameerthefear
05-19-2015, 12:45 AM
sign and trade. the article was talking about rumours the bulls want to move gibson to free up minutes for mirotic and use gibsons salary on a scorer (which harris would be)
there's a certain provision i heard about that i can't remember ill try to find it

Jameerthefear
05-19-2015, 12:48 AM
It works by making the right trades. Bulls have Taj Gibson who a lot of teams would love to have. Clippers could do a sign-and-trade for Taj and send the Bulls Jamal Crawford. Think about how awesome the Clippers would be with Taj coming off the bench. Or the Grizzlies could do a sign-and-trade and trade Jeff Green. Same thing with Afflalo. I'm sure the Blazers would love to have Taj especially if they end up losing LaMarcus Aldridge in free agency.

Bulls could potentially try and trade Noah as well. There's also Dunleavy. The Bulls have a few players they can trade and sign some free agents.
i doubt clips value gibson that much at 8.5m/yr
jeff green maybe. but he sucks so
afflalo i could see but no one wants the bulls trash
and then asik idk what u offer NO

outbreak
05-19-2015, 12:55 AM
there's a certain provision i heard about that i can't remember ill try to find it
I know that you can't trade a player and a coach, and if we are trading picks for thibs then we couldn't do this deal as well. It's all speculation though just based on Orlando maybe moving Harris (if we have winslow) and Bulls wanting to move Gibson

Heavincent
05-19-2015, 01:01 AM
Oh stop it. Rose was easily better than Curry before all the injuries. MVP Rose was all alone at the top of the list of best point guards before was injured. Westbrook, Curry, Chris Paul didn't even come close. MVP Rose was on LeBron James level.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

D-FENS
05-19-2015, 01:02 AM
Some simple fixes for the Bulls:

Trade:
Taj Gibson & Etwaun Moore
for
Tobias Harris & Evan Fournier

Draft:
Justin Anderson at 22

Personnel:
Move Gasol to a 6th man role

CT: Noah/ Gasol
PF: Mirotic/ Harris
SF: Dunleavy/ Snell/ McDermott
SG: Butler/ Fournier/ Anderson
PG: Rose/ Brooks

outbreak
05-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Wow so that means Dwight Howard (who we all know should have been MVP that year) was above Lebron James level? :eek:

outbreak
05-19-2015, 01:07 AM

Trade:
for

Draft:
Justin Anderson at 22

Personnel:

Swap Fournier for Ben Gordon and I think that's the same speculation I'd seen. I imagine you'd start Harris at the 3 though.

veilside23
05-19-2015, 01:13 AM
should have drafted lavine over mcdermott :) just saying, dude is nowhere to be found. I hope he gets some burn in his 2nd year.

But i really dont think LMA will make a great impact for this team. honestly id rather trade gibson for a player like greg monroe if detriot is willing to part ways with monroe. Just hope that both noah and rose stay healthy .. I think they would be better with that.

a line up of

rose
butler
dunleavy/snell
monroe/mirotic
noah/ gasol

el gringos
05-19-2015, 01:18 AM

So your explain the Crawford pickup but forget about explaining the 25-30 million dollars in free agents between asik, green, and afflalo?

If your or any team gets a player in a sign and trade like Tobias Harris other players can't be traded with him. No getting Harris and Fournier together in any trade.

Genaro
05-19-2015, 01:27 AM
People on this site never heard of cap space.

I<3NBA
05-19-2015, 01:35 AM
What about alvin gentry coaching this same team? Then instead of keeping Rose, trade him to Memphis for Mike Conley and picks.

oarabbus
05-19-2015, 02:01 AM

Lol @ Butler and Rose being as good as the Splash Bros

Maybe MVP Rose and Jimmy, if he takes HGH all day this offseason

coin24
05-19-2015, 02:51 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I wouldn't trade cousins for the whole Bulls roster:lol

That scenario is shit OP. They still have no scorers, every playoffs same story, no offense.
They need a new coach and some players who can actually score

L.A. Jazz
05-19-2015, 03:21 AM
The Bulls have more problems than just der names. Rose is a big Name, but he is not a superstarplayer anymore. Noah was good, but his Body is done. Pau is old and not the same he was during 08-10 with the Lakers. So you can Change the personel eround them, but they arent good enough anymore to lead them to a Championship.

Upgrayedd
05-19-2015, 06:37 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I wouldn't trade cousins for the whole Bulls roster:lol

That scenario is shit OP. They still have no scorers, every playoffs same story, no offense.
They need a new coach and some players who can actually score

No offense? Rose, Butler, Gasol, Jeff Green, Crawford or Afflalo, McDermott, Mirotic?? How much more offense do you need?

ImKobe
05-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Trade Rose for Kobe, unretire Jordan's number 23 and he will waive the no-trade clause. Kobe leads the Bulls and Gasol to another title.

Jameerthefear
05-19-2015, 07:21 AM

Trade:
for

Draft:
Justin Anderson at 22

Personnel:

Orlando tells you to f*ck off.

dannywpt
05-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Uhm, what makes that team a contender compared to this years roster?

kamil
05-19-2015, 12:45 PM

....yeah, we've heard that before. Even still, Bulls moderately healthy couldnt take out a crippled Cavs team.

#pipedream

kshutts1
05-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Sigh. Bulls are fine. They'll have a different coach, guaranteed. But the roster is mostly fine. If anything, I'd like to see Gasol and Hinrich packaged for a backup PG.

This trade is not "fair value", but Gasol and Hinrich for Langston Galloway and a pick. If NYK has any picks other than this year, we'll take that one. Otherwise it would have to be multiple seconds.

Trade opens up more space for Mirotic, while providing a solid backup PG that has tons of room to grow.

Again, not fair value for the Bulls... but Gasol is the piece that should go, IMO. Can't think of many other scenarios in which the team would be willing to take him on for anything of value.

livinglegend
05-19-2015, 01:00 PM

Starting lineup:

Bench:

Legit contender?

This team is not getting past a healthy cavs team.

Nash
05-19-2015, 01:02 PM
whatever, they'll lose to lebron again. No Kevin Love, no healthy Irving, no JR and they still lose.
we all know the story and that team OP suggested is basically marginally better than this years.

HurricaneKid
05-19-2015, 01:35 PM
C: Noah 13.4M
PF: Gasol 7.5M
SF: Jeff Green 9.2M PLAYER OPTION
SG: Butler (RFA - MAX starting at ~16.8M)
PG: Rose 20.1M

Bench:

C: Asik (Made 15M this year)
PF: Mirotic (5.5M)
SF: Snell/McDermott (1.5/2.4)
SG: Crawford or Afflalo (WAT?/7.8M player option)

Legit contender?

This is the worst kind of post.

In order for any of this to work Reinsdorf has to say "Sure, I've never wanted to go into the tax before. I even broke up the MJ era squad because I'm a cheapskate but go ahead and I'll pay whatever tax.".

Then, Jeff Green has to turn down a 9.2M player option so he can sign a league min contract. Because Chi is already over the cap. THEN, Afflalo has to say "Wow! I want to take a 90% reduction in pay too!" and opt out of his 7.8M option for next year and sign for the league min as well. Then Asik, who made 15M last year and HATED his time in Chi has to spurn 8M+ offers so he can sign for the league min, because again, thats all the Bulls can offer.

And STILL it doesn't work because Crawford is under contract to LAC. So I guess they might trade him for Taj even though they would then have 2 NBA calabur players in the backcourt.

Learn a FEW basics about the salary cap and then figure out a way to get ONE of these guys.