PDA

View Full Version : Someone plz explain this to me..

sbw19
05-19-2015, 07:57 AM
Player FT% 1st season / Career
Dwight / 67.1 / 57.3 (+9.8)
Shaq / 59.2 / 52.7 (+6.5)
Wilt / 58.2 / 51.1 (+7.1)

:confusedshrug:

CeltsGarlic
05-19-2015, 08:01 AM
got bulkier

Harison
05-19-2015, 08:01 AM
Rondo dominates here as well:

1st season 64,7% FT
Last 3 seasons: 39,7%, 33,3% and 45% FT.

Superstar PG :bowdown:

sbw19
05-19-2015, 08:05 AM
Rondo dominates here as wellHe's no Biedrins but that's just turrible.

warriorfan
05-19-2015, 08:05 AM
Dwight's problem with free throws is mainly mental. At 19 years old he probably didn't think about it as much and didn't have huge expectations weighed on him, less to worry about and like I said at 19 years old you don't really worry about anything too much.

The other guys I don't know. Probably something similar. Another thing is those guys took less free throw attempts in their younger years so their poor shooting had less of a chance to be exposed. If you suck at free throws you have a better chance of shooting a higher clip on 10 shots rather than if you shot 100.

As their careers progressed they might of got sick of the whole fuccing thing. Sometimes trying so hard can make you actually worse at a task.

sbw19
05-19-2015, 08:10 AM
got bulkierTo me Wilt seemed to lack the technique, Shaq just couldn't grip the ball for whatever reason. Howard's form looks, ok. And I remember reading he makes like 80%+ in practice. Just weird. Still, doesn't explain 1st season anomaly.

Eric Cartman
05-19-2015, 08:13 AM
No one knows wtf they're talking about here, not even me.

This will remain a fantastic mistery for eternity.

sbw19
05-19-2015, 08:16 AM
Dwight's problem with free throws is mainly mental. At 19 ....Agree with 1st and last points, in some footage Wilt shot them like he just didn't care. # of FTs might've affected Dwight's 1st season, but apparently not Wilt/Shaq.

warriorfan
05-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Agree with 1st and last points, in some footage Wilt shot them like he just didn't care. # of FTs might've affected Dwight's 1st season, but apparently not Wilt/Shaq.

That could have been the case. Wilt dominated so badly in all other aspects of the game it is possible the whole free throw thing seemed trivial to him. Like a millionaire who sees a quarter in the gutter. He just says fucc it, I'm rich enough I don't need to go grab that.

In the modern era where there is a lot more scrutiny in all aspects of players game (especially ones of the magnitude of wilt) this probably wouldn't of flown as much and he would of responded to the criticism with more care.

Dr Hawk
05-19-2015, 08:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IQVlLaK.jpg

82% during practice

The way Wilt used to throw the free throws, it seemed like he didn't care

Done_And_Done
05-19-2015, 10:36 AM
Dwight's problem with free throws is mainly mental. At 19 years old he probably didn't think about it as much and didn't have huge expectations weighed on him, less to worry about and like I said at 19 years old you don't really worry about anything too much.

The other guys I don't know. Probably something similar. Another thing is those guys took less free throw attempts in their younger years so their poor shooting had less of a chance to be exposed. If you suck at free throws you have a better chance of shooting a higher clip on 10 shots rather than if you shot 100.

As their careers progressed they might of got sick of the whole fuccing thing. Sometimes trying so hard can make you actually worse at a task.

Good post

Prometheus
05-19-2015, 10:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IQVlLaK.jpg

82% during practice

The way Wilt used to throw the free throws, it seemed like he didn't care

God damn, this makes Howard look SO pathetic. I've never seen something that exposes someone's beta this hard. He can shoot 82% in practice but when the bright lights come on, he sucks? What a f*cking loser. I feel like I'm going to be sick.

04mzwach
05-19-2015, 11:14 AM
God damn, this makes Howard look SO pathetic. I've never seen something that exposes someone's beta this hard. He can shoot 82% in practice but when the bright lights come on, he sucks? What a f*cking loser. I feel like I'm going to be sick.
It could be that he's better when he shoots them back to back to back to back also if that's what's going on.

FreezingTsmoove
05-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Yall do realize how tired, and how much energy Dwight uses up in a game, how hard he gets hacked in the wrists, body, forearm when he gets a shooting foul

kamil
05-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Yall do realize how tired, and how much energy Dwight uses up in a game, how hard he gets hacked in the wrists, body, forearm when he gets a shooting foul

Please stop with the excuses.

ImKobe
05-19-2015, 12:12 PM
less attempted FTs in their rookie years than later, means they weren't getting as many touches. Howard is a respectable FT shooter in practice, because there you aren't worn down by the physicality when you are going to the line vs getting hammered in the game and shooting them while gasping for air.

ApexPredator
05-19-2015, 12:15 PM
less attempted FTs in their rookie years than later, means they weren't getting as many touches. Howard is a respectable FT shooter in practice, because there you aren't worn down by the physicality when you are going to the line vs getting hammered in the game and shooting them while gasping for air.

That makes sense.

Eric Cartman
05-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Yeah guys, do you realize? :confusedshrug:

lol grow a pair fakkit

Xsatyr
05-19-2015, 01:36 PM
This difference between practice and in-game has been discussed before. The main thing is repetition. In practice they shoot many free-throws back to back and develop a rhythm which you can't do during a game. Not to mention fatigue and added pressure.

ILLsmak
05-19-2015, 01:37 PM

That's also the lowest percent on team. And yeah no do overs. It should be like in the middle of practice just stop like ok shoot one ft... then later ok shoot two, cuz it's not like you just sit there and shoot 100.

Dudes should do mad cario and that shit in football where they smash into you with padded blocks. Then shoot.

Or have you carry a crate from one end to the other then shoot. Its true if you are in there pushing people around it's harder if you're not a natural. Its stupid to assume these guys get better w practice because as shown they are getting worse.

-Smak

inclinerator
05-19-2015, 01:43 PM
That's also the lowest percent on team. And yeah no do overs. It should be like in the middle of practice just stop like ok shoot one ft... then later ok shoot two, cuz it's not like you just sit there and shoot 100.

Dudes should do mad cario and that shit in football where they smash into you with padded blocks. Then shoot.

Or have you carry a crate from one end to the other then shoot. Its true if you are in there pushing people around it's harder if you're not a natural. Its stupid to assume these guys get better w practice because as shown they are getting worse.

-Smak
they do, everything has already been thought of

oarabbus
05-19-2015, 04:33 PM

Lmao the most bitchmade excuse of all time.

Maybe he should be less of a shit ft shooter and he can avoid being hacked, conserving that precious energy. It's not like he's an athletic freak or anything.

scm5
05-19-2015, 04:54 PM
This difference between practice and in-game has been discussed before. The main thing is repetition. In practice they shoot many free-throws back to back and develop a rhythm which you can't do during a game. Not to mention fatigue and added pressure.

Exactly right :cheers: