Im Still Ballin
05-19-2015, 04:39 PM
Dynasty.

ISHGoat
05-19-2015, 04:40 PM
great responses lol

bigkingsfan
05-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Horribly defensive teams don't go all the way.

ImKobe
05-19-2015, 04:42 PM
DMC is a ball-stopper and not the defender that Jordan is.

I think he wouldn't fit there with Blake, there's not enough ball to go around between 3 players that need the ball in their hand to be effective and their defense would be worse off, Kings were bottom 3 in defense this season.

DeAndre OTOH is a better rebounder, rim protector and he'll get you 10 or so easy points a game, isn't a ball-stopper in the post and when he scores, it's a bonus.

Their front court isn't the reason they lost the series, they lost because the shooters didn't show up and their perimeter defense didn't hold up at all, too many wide open 3s.

I'd see it if you traded Jordan for Cousins and Blake for a guy like Ariza + a stretch 4. Clippers were missing that spot-up 3 pt shooter they could consistently rely on on both ends of the court. Barnes and Redick aren't good enough for starter's minutes on a contender.

Jordan had a +/- of 12.1 for the series. He was only a negative in one out of 7 games, in Game 6 he was a -2 when they lost by 12, Game 7 he was a +3 when they lost by 13.

oarabbus
05-19-2015, 04:44 PM

I think he wouldn't fit there with Blake, there's not enough ball to go around between 3 players that need the ball in their hand to be effective and their defense would be worse off, Kings were bottom 3 in defense this season.

DeAndre OTOH is a better rebounder, rim protector and he'll get you 10 or so easy points a game, isn't a ball-stopper in the post and when he scores, it's a bonus.

Their front court isn't the reason they lost the series, they lost because the shooters didn't show up and their perimeter defense didn't hold up at all, too many wide open 3s.

I'd see it if you traded Jordan for Cousins and Blake for a guy like Ariza + a stretch 4. Clippers were missing that spot-up 3 pt shooter they could consistently rely on on both ends of the court. Barnes and Redick aren't good enough for starter's minutes on a contender.

Reddick shoots almost 44% from 3

AboutBuckets
05-19-2015, 04:48 PM

What were his numbers from the Rockets series though? When he's cold in a series it doesn't punish defenders for helping onto Blake/CP3

scm5
05-19-2015, 04:50 PM

BG actually hits a lot of mid-range jumpers and I think would be great to pair with DMC down low since he's pretty good at penetration and is a damn decent playmaker.

I think CP3 would have to take a different role with the team if they had BG and DMC and try to play more like Curry.

Curry, Redick, Barnes, BG, DMC would be a hell of a team though. I think that's a team that could actually just win on offense alone.

hawksdogsbraves
05-19-2015, 04:56 PM

Jordan had a +/- of 12.1 for the series. He was only a negative in one out of 7 games, in Game 6 he was a -2 when they lost by 12, Game 7 he was a +3 when they lost by 13.

The main reason they lost IMO is because Doc the GM did an awful job of building out the bench and the starters got worn out.

Having a coach be your GM when you're an elite team going after a title doesn't work. It's ok if you're a rebuilding team and the coach can focus on some more front office responsibilities, but I don't think it's a very functional way to run a team when you're so focused on winning games.

Bud had the same problem having to GM during Ferry's absence, we desperately needed an extra big or wing at the deadline and just couldn't find one, even after clearing out some cap space by trading Payne.

ImKobe
05-19-2015, 04:57 PM

4-13 Game 6 with 3-9 from 3, 124 DRTG, worst among every rotation player
4-12 Game 7 with 2-9 from 3, 62 ORTG, tied for 2nd worst DRTG among starters

Shooters didn't show up in must win games and CP3 & Blake alone weren't going to get the job done against a hot Houston team.

We're gonna keep hearing from the media how CP3, Blake and Doc choked and screwed up, yet you look at their numbers and compare them to the supporting cast in these 3 straight losses, and here's what you get

CP3
26/5/10 with 2.7 TO on 51/35/94 shooting

Griffin
28/12/3 on 58% shooting with 3 TO

Those guys alone are giving you a combined 54 points, 13 assists a game with a nice assist-TO ratio and high FG%

Supporting cast didn't show up, period. They cut it to 3 against the Rockets and what happened, Harden got to the rim and dunked it, Josh Smith rained threes and Redick was bricking wide open 3s in the 4th when they were making defensive stops on the other end... Paul and Griffin didn't get locked down in this series, their supporting cast let them down.