PDA

View Full Version : So The Stacked West Now Gets The Top Two Picks

qrich
05-19-2015, 08:54 PM
In what is perceived to be a 3-man draft.

Next year will be a bigger blood bath.

bballnoob1192
05-19-2015, 08:56 PM
and wiggins thanks to the cavs. we got the future of the NBA on lockdown lol. AD, Wiggins top 2 this year. west stays winning east got lebron for a couple more years. lmfao

el gringos
05-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Remember when the afc would "never win a Super Bowl"

Things move in cycles. If you're out of college go to "your bar" and it will be a different kind of people there.

Towns will take a while. Okafor will be as good as he will get right away but isn't a franchise player.

Knicks are trying to get good right away. They need to draft Russell or WCS. Possibly mudiay or porzingis. All they have to do is pick the right 1 out of 3 left

Alamо
05-20-2015, 01:46 PM
east is gonna suck forever

ShawkFactory
05-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Huh? This is one of the deepest drafts in years.

GOBB
05-20-2015, 01:58 PM
In what is perceived to be a 4-man draft.

Fixed for accuracy

Nick Young
05-20-2015, 01:58 PM
The East is a joke and always will be. People have been saying "it moves in cycles".

It's been 15+ straight years of the east being shit now. And West is only getting stronger:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

GOBB
05-20-2015, 02:01 PM
The East is a joke and always will be. People have been saying "it moves in cycles".

It's been 15+ straight years of the east being shit now. And West is only getting stronger:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Since 1999, Spurs, Lakers, Heat and Mavs are the teams that collected NBA titles. You're so focused on how tough a conference is that you fail to realize only one team wins the title. And 2 franchies Spurs/Lakers have pretty much dominated that since 1999. Its 2015. Do the f*cking math you simpleton. If the West was so strong, you would see an assorted mix of West teams winning since 99. Again 1999 bro.

longtime lurker
05-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Silver needs to go ahead and get rid of the conferences. Problem solved. No more cake walks in the East and no more top lottery picks migrating West.

Taller than CP3
05-20-2015, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Durant uses Lebron's excuse and says he's coming home to the Wiz just to get out of the West.

Ca$H
05-20-2015, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Durant uses Lebron's excuse and says he's coming home to the Wiz just to get out of the West.

It's a smart move. Maybe LMA and Gasol can collude and join an East team with cap space.

GOBB
05-20-2015, 02:05 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the new coach OKC hired stinks and Durant chooses to go elsewhere. Everything doesn't have to revolve around Lebron dude.

LA_Showtime
05-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Three team draft.

Knicks get 4th pick.

:roll:

Typical.

Taller than CP3
05-20-2015, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the new coach OKC hired stinks and Durant chooses to go elsewhere. Everything doesn't have to revolve around Lebron dude.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were saltier than Lebron's french fries.

FreezingTsmoove
05-20-2015, 02:17 PM

Not true at all. WCS, Towns, The PG's, and Okafor all have all star potential. Winslow, and Stanley Johnson look like young Jimmy Butler, and Kawhi Leonard. Not too sure about the Euro's.

Legends66NBA7
05-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Since 1999, Spurs, Lakers, Heat and Mavs are the teams that collected NBA titles. You're so focused on how tough a conference is that you fail to realize only one team wins the title. And 2 franchies Spurs/Lakers have pretty much dominated that since 1999. Its 2015. Do the f*cking math you simpleton. If the West was so strong, you would see an assorted mix of West teams winning since 99. Again 1999 bro.

Celtics and Pistons too.

I agree, that the NBA title is far harder to win than most realize. Stretch it back to when the 3 point line was introduced and only 9 NBA teams have won the title. If Houston wins the chip this year, it will remain the same.

HurricaneKid
05-20-2015, 02:19 PM
3 man draft?!? I've never heard anyone anywhere say that as Russell and Mudiaye are pretty much neck and neck. And I think Winslow could easily be the best of the lot.

GOBB
05-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Celtics and Pistons too.

I agree, that the NBA title is far harder to win than most realize. Stretch it back to when the 3 point line was introduced and only 9 NBA teams have won the title. If Houston wins the chip this year, it will remain the same.

Thanks for correction and agreed. :cheers:

GOBB
05-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if you were saltier than Lebron's french fries.

What sense does that make? Salty is knowing the arena your Clippers play in? It's not your home its the Lakers and you just rent it. :roll:

FireMcFailPlease
05-20-2015, 02:27 PM
whats your point? You have to win close to 50 games a season to make the playoffs vs stiffer competition in the west.

If you win 37, youre in the east race vs weaker competition. the east has a contender, maybe 2...the west is stacked with 4 and one of them was so injured riddled it didn't make the playoffs without their 2 mvp candidates most of the year

GOBB
05-20-2015, 02:47 PM
whats your point? You have to win close to 50 games a season to make the playoffs vs stiffer competition in the west.

If you win 37, youre in the east race vs weaker competition. the east has a contender, maybe 2...the west is stacked with 4 and one of them was so injured riddled it didn't make the playoffs without their 2 mvp candidates most of the year

Now that Minnesota won the lottery maybe your franchise can be apart of the mighty mighty west instead of living in the lottery for over a f*cking decade.

Stacked with 4 contenders in the West? If you say so.

GSW vs Atlanta Hawks
GSw vs Wash Wizards
GSW vs Chicago
Houston vs Atlanta Hawks
Houston vs Wash Wizards
Houston vs Chicago

I don't look at these East vs West matchups and say to myself West wins every one. Listening to you dweebs Houston/GSW wins each series

jimmy77x
05-20-2015, 02:50 PM
3 man draft?!? I've never heard anyone anywhere say that as Russell and Mudiaye are pretty much neck and neck. And I think Winslow could easily be the best of the lot.

Its suddenly a " 3 man draft" because the knicks have the 4th pick and they are universally hated for some reason. Never seen the media reacting to a 4th pick as a bad thing, as if there have never been any superstars drafted after 3 :lol

GOBB
05-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Its suddenly a " 3 man draft" because the knicks have the 4th pick and they are universally hated for some reason. Never seen the media reacting to a 4th pick as a bad thing, as if there have never been any superstars drafted after 3 :lol

Your team lost the 2nd most games in the NBA and you pick 4th. :roll:

Keep spinning how big of a disappointment that is. You blame media but there are NYK fans on video upset, boooo'ing all over social media after getting 4.

Guess you didnt want one of the big men. Dont worry Phil may trade the pick now that its the 4th.

jimmy77x
05-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Your team lost the 2nd most games in the NBA and you pick 4th. :roll:

Keep spinning how big of a disappointment that is. You blame media but there are NYK fans on video upset, boooo'ing all over social media after getting 4.

Guess you didnt want one of the big men. Dont worry Phil may trade the pick now that its the 4th.

Becuase people dont know basketball and will listen to whatever bspn tells them. Okafor and towns have been overhyped so the future will tell all, but the 1-4 prospects are all up in the air. No one knows how these guys will translate to the nba. Lets stop pretending the 4th pick is the end of the world because its the knicks and its the cool thing to hate them :lol

GOBB
05-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Becuase people dont know basketball and will listen to whatever bspn tells them. Okafor and towns have been overhyped so the future will tell all, but the 1-4 prospects are all up in the air. No one knows how these guys will translate to the nba. Lets stop pretending the 4th pick is the end of the world because its the knicks and its the cool thing to hate them :lol

Bspn? :roll:

This is how NYK do damage control? Hilarious I can't stop laughing. Whatever makes you feel better. I bet if you guys picked 5th you toss Winslow name out there as a 5 man race, not the end of the world. Your NYK stink. Enjoy :pimp:

Eric Cartman
05-20-2015, 03:20 PM
Last year the East got the top 4 picks. This year, both Minny and Lakers lost 60 games, it's fair for them to get the top 2 picks, they didn't throw a blatant tank like the filthy Sixers and Knicks did.

But, free agents should consider moving out East for a better chance of winning, but that doesn't guarantee anything, look at Melo.

jimmy77x
05-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Bspn? :roll:

This is how NYK do damage control? Hilarious I can't stop laughing. Whatever makes you feel better. I bet if you guys picked 5th you toss Winslow name out there as a 5 man race, not the end of the world. Your NYK stink. Enjoy :pimp:

Pretty hilarious coming from a fan of a team in tank mode year after year with Zero results :lol In no better position than the knicks, enjoy year after year in the lottery.

livinglegend
05-20-2015, 03:38 PM
Is this today's official ''Let's bitch about the conference disparity'' thread?

sd3035
05-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Conference disparity threads are always full of butthurt Lebaldo stans crying

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bobeticus
05-21-2015, 02:02 AM
if those Superstars in the West dont wanna have a though competition and wanna have easy path to Finals.. why not play East?
simple as that. :confusedshrug:

francesco totti
05-21-2015, 04:03 AM
Last 11 years.
west won 6 titles, east won 5

3 miami, 1 detroit, 1 boston
3 spurs 2 lakers 1 dallas

francesco totti
05-21-2015, 04:03 AM
Both Boston/Detroit lost a 7 game series in the final as well.

Bigsmoke
05-21-2015, 04:07 AM

Can u really hate on the Twolve for winning it?

They been bad for a long time and never had a 1 round pick before.

Optimus Prime
05-21-2015, 07:58 AM
"It's a cycle"

East has been terrible for 15 years. :facepalm

That will all change when Durant goes to DC however. :cheers:

Haymaker
05-21-2015, 08:02 AM
Huh? This is one of the deepest drafts in years.

That could only be seen in hindsight.

PickernRoller
05-21-2015, 08:06 AM

What kind of shit post is this?

Duncan, Robinson, Popovich.

Shaq, Kobe, Phil.

All-time greats on the Top 10, both in player lists and in coaching. And you wonder why the franchises keep winning.... but hey I am a smartass, therefore, by illogical logic, West = weak.

FireMcFailPlease
05-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Now that Minnesota won the lottery maybe your franchise can be apart of the mighty mighty west instead of living in the lottery for over a f*cking decade.

Stacked with 4 contenders in the West? If you say so.

GSW vs Atlanta Hawks
GSw vs Wash Wizards
GSW vs Chicago
Houston vs Atlanta Hawks
Houston vs Wash Wizards
Houston vs Chicago

I don't look at these East vs West matchups and say to myself West wins every one. Listening to you dweebs Houston/GSW wins each series
Yea. I mean Philly has really made a name for itself since 2000.:roll:

At least when you try to smack talk somebody elses team, make sure your team isn't just as bad. or worse. I wouldn't trade my teams roster for yours, so I'll :roll: even harder at that weak attempt.

anyways, again. You need to win 50 games in the west to make the playoffs.

GSW, Houston, OKC, SA are all legit title conteders...Memphis and Clippers are a notch below.

Healthy Cleveland and a healthy, i mean healthy chicago team are legit. Hawks are a notch below.

WTF are you you even trying to defend the pathetic east for?

ILLsmak
05-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Remember when the afc would "never win a Super Bowl"

Things move in cycles. If you're out of college go to "your bar" and it will be a different kind of people there.

Towns will take a while. Okafor will be as good as he will get right away but isn't a franchise player.

Knicks are trying to get good right away. They need to draft Russell or WCS. Possibly mudiay or porzingis. All they have to do is pick the right 1 out of 3 left

why are you so anti-okafor? It makes no sense. Franchise player is hard to be because... there are like two in the NBA right now. Even someone like AD is still on the cusp.

Will he be an all star... I think so. Franchise players are just hard to be anymore. That's like the type of guy you put around scrubs and gets you to the playoffs. Can a team win a ring with Okafor as a number 1 option? I believe they could. They'd just need other talent.

Even a Franchise guy like KD still needs a lot of talent around him. Infact, it could be argued there aren't franchise championship winning players anymore because of the way the game works, you can generally stop someone.

-Smak

ISHGoat
05-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Yea. I mean Philly has really made a name for itself since 2000.:roll:

At least when you try to smack talk somebody elses team, make sure your team isn't just as bad. or worse. I wouldn't trade my teams roster for yours, so I'll :roll: even harder at that weak attempt.

anyways, again. You need to win 50 games in the west to make the playoffs.

GSW, Houston, OKC, SA are all legit title conteders...Memphis and Clippers are a notch below.

Healthy Cleveland and a healthy, i mean healthy chicago team are legit. Hawks are a notch below.

WTF are you you even trying to defend the pathetic east for?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mjl.gif

ISHGoat
05-21-2015, 10:16 AM
why are you so anti-okafor? It makes no sense. Franchise player is hard to be because... there are like two in the NBA right now. Even someone like AD is still on the cusp.

Will he be an all star... I think so. Franchise players are just hard to be anymore. That's like the type of guy you put around scrubs and gets you to the playoffs. Can a team win a ring with Okafor as a number 1 option? I believe they could. They'd just need other talent.

Even a Franchise guy like KD still needs a lot of talent around him. Infact, it could be argued there aren't franchise championship winning players anymore because of the way the game works, you can generally stop someone.

-Smak

Lebron is taking the knicks to the finals

kamil
05-21-2015, 10:20 AM
east got lebron for a couple more years. lmfao

If it's not LeBrons* voodoo and injuries that plague his opponents, it's having pathetic competition.

This dude has asterisk written all over his career.