PDA

View Full Version : organisations tank no matter what... time to get rid of the lottery.

Orlando Magic
05-19-2015, 09:15 PM
I genuinely feel bad for the Knicks even though it's funny also.

But seriously... the players might not so it but organisations are doing it regardless so why not just get rid of it?

GOBB
05-19-2015, 09:18 PM
I genuinely feel bad for the Knicks even though it's funny also.

But seriously... the players might not so it but organisations are doing it regardless so why not just get rid of it?

What's the problem? Get rid of the lottery yet you offer no solution. Real bright. I see no problem with the draft lottery. End of the day it is a crap shoot so stop crying.

Orlando Magic
05-19-2015, 09:19 PM
What's the problem? Get rid of the lottery yet you offer no solution. Real bright.

Just pick based on record.

Clyde
05-19-2015, 09:22 PM

:roll: no.

tanking would be wayyyyy worse.

keep in mind an 82 game schedule

GOBB
05-19-2015, 09:49 PM

Thats why the lottery was implemented because teams tanked for the top pick. Shit solution.

Eric Cartman
05-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Out of all the teams that could've taken the fall, Knicks are by far the funniest.

They didn't even drop much, just 2 spots.

The lottery was a true delight, given how it represented truly the worst teams at the top, unlike last years bullsh*t with the Cavs.

RedBlackAttack
05-19-2015, 10:22 PM
Out of all the teams that could've taken the fall, Knicks are by far the funniest.

They didn't even drop much, just 2 spots.

The lottery was a true delight, given how it represented truly the worst teams at the top, unlike last years bullsh*t with the Cavs.
You know, as much flack as the Cavs and the NBA got last year when the Cavs won the lottery, that was actually not a case of a team tanking to just get a high pick. That team went from 24 wins the year before to 33 wins last season (+9) which was one of the single best W-L improvement in the league. They were in the playoff picture all the way to the last couple weeks of the season and they tried like hell to get in, making moves to add Luol Deng and Spencer Hawes at the trade deadline.

Coming into the lottery, they had a 1.7% chance of winning it and an 81.3% chance of picking 9th. There were only five teams less likely to land the top spot.

If ever there was a case of the tanking system NOT working, it was last year's draft... at least in terms of who got the top pick.

All of the hate we got was based on how well the organization had done in two of the three previous lotteries. But, it was the exact opposite of tanking to get that pick.

So, if you're OK with the worst teams getting the best picks -- which I am, btw -- then yeah... it sucked. But some people still throw it in the "tanking" category, where it doesn't belong.