PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers can Reconstruct a Championship Caliber team this Offseason

BallsOut
05-20-2015, 12:30 AM
If the Lakers can sign Free agents Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic and pick Karl Towns or Jahil Okafor with the #2 pick, they could put together a roster like:

PG: Goran Dragic (10) | Jordan Clarkson (800k)
SG: Kobe Bryant (25) | Nick Young (5.2) | Wayne Ellington (1)
SF: Jimmy Butler (16.6) | Ryan Kelly (1.7)
PF: Julius Randle (3.1) | Ed Davis (1.1)
C: Jahil Okafor (5) | Jordan Hill (9) | Tarid Black (1)

This team would run some sort of triangle offense with Towns or Okafor playing the Pau Gasol role, Randle playing the Lamar Odom role and possibly the toughest 1-2-3 backcourt in the league. That would be a solid bench too..

J Shuttlesworth
05-20-2015, 12:30 AM
Why would Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic leave?

BallsOut
05-20-2015, 12:32 AM

Because they're free agents and they can?

kennethgriffin
05-20-2015, 12:35 AM
and in the end kobes greed saved the day

if he takes a paycut the lakers dont get any of randle/clarkson/okafor/towns

Genaro
05-20-2015, 12:36 AM
Why my fellows Laker fans are in such a hurry for a contender? It will take a year or two.
First of all there's something called cap space, Lakers will have about 25 M without Hill's contract.
Second Dragic would cost more than 10M
Third, Bulls will prob cover anything for Butler since he's a RFA. Even if they don't, his salary starts at 16M.

el gringos
05-20-2015, 12:39 AM
Dragic for 10 is funny.

Knicks might be better

Russell
Carroll (7)
Carmelo
Millsap (9)
Kanter (6)

BallsOut
05-20-2015, 12:46 AM
Why my fellows Laker fans are in such a hurry for a contender? It will take a year or two.
First of all there's something called cap space, Lakers will have about 25 M without Hill's contract.
Second Dragic would cost more than 10M
Third, Bulls will prob cover anything for Butler since he's a RFA. Even if they don't, his salary starts at 16M.

The salary cap for 2015-16 is projected to be at 67 million. Thanks for Jimmy Butler's starting salary at 16M though. I assumed it was 20 for some reason.

HOoopCityJones
05-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Our bigs need to develop first.

Rooster
05-20-2015, 01:18 AM
Our bigs need to develop first.

Yes, if that number 2 pick and Randle shows promises then we could be a major player in free agency next year with Kobe contract is out of the book. We should be careful on overpaying players this year because I want to see what we have in Clarkson and I want the Lakers have a chance to sign 2 marquee players next year. Even when Shaq came into town with a 50 win team, it took years to win in all so I know it's a process.

Swaggin916
05-20-2015, 01:34 AM
Yes, if that number 2 pick and Randle shows promises then we could be a major player in free agency next year with Kobe contract is out of the book. We should be careful on overpaying players this year because I want to see what we have in Clarkson and I want the Lakers have a chance to sign 2 marquee players next year. Even when Shaq came into town with a 50 win team, it took years to win in all so I know it's a process.

Yea there is no rush at all. If we signed nobody we would get an idea of what everyone can be and let some identity develop and then bring in guys to fit what we already have.

Showtime2001
05-20-2015, 01:36 AM
They can but it'll take some time for Randle / #2 pick to develop.

Angel Face
05-20-2015, 01:50 AM
Jimmy ain't going to LA. Enjoy your lottery next year.

boldarblood
05-20-2015, 02:07 AM
Jimmy ain't going to LA. Enjoy your lottery next year.

If they actually get a 1st - 3rd next year I really don't see anything negative about that. Randle, Clarkson, Black, this year #2, next year 1-3. Nothing wrong with that lol.

imnew09
05-20-2015, 02:09 AM
future is bright ahead of us :bowdown: :bowdown:

KNOW1EDGE
05-20-2015, 02:17 AM
Lol

Good to have our dumbf_ck laker fans crawling back out from their holes! :cheers:

Done_And_Done
05-20-2015, 02:18 AM
Because they're free agents and they can?

Buckets is a RFA and nobody expects Chicago to do anything but match whatever offer is launched his way...

Legends66NBA7
05-20-2015, 02:19 AM
Christ....

Have some realistic expectations.

Big Cheese
05-20-2015, 02:22 AM
randle and jahill protecting the paint ?

dat defense :eek:

Legends66NBA7
05-20-2015, 02:34 AM
randle and jahill protecting the paint ?

dat defense :eek:

Okafor just needs a good defensive minded head coach. Defense is about coaching and experience if you aren't already naturally good at it.

oh the horror
05-20-2015, 02:40 AM
I don't think some of you understand rookie development and how difficult it is to build a contender.

You don't go from being one of the worst teams in the league to one off season and suddenly you're contending. That's generally not how it works.

It'll take the Lakers several years. They're moving in a positive direction. They need to be careful of tacking on shitty contracts to appease some idiot fans and Kobe.

HOoopCityJones
05-20-2015, 02:43 AM
I don't think some of you understand rookie development and how difficult it is to build a contender.

You don't go from being one of the worst teams in the league to one off season and suddenly you're contending. That's generally not how it works.

It'll take the Lakers several years. They're moving in a positive direction. They need to be careful of tacking on shitty contracts to appease some idiot fans and Kobe.

which means no Rondo!!!!

oh the horror
05-20-2015, 02:45 AM
which means no Rondo!!!!

I hate that move. I'd be upset if that happened. Bad BAD signing.

fiddy
05-20-2015, 03:14 AM
Buckets is a RFA and nobody expects Chicago to do anything but match whatever offer is launched his way...
the Bulls are cheap, they are not matching max or near max offers

BallsOut
05-24-2015, 12:39 AM
which means no Rondo!!!!

Rondo is a bad fit for the Lakers. He can't shoot 3s. If he could, he'd be perfect. A upgraded version of Derek Fisher IF he could shoot 3s.

Otherwise I would rather have Goran Dragic at the starting PG on a 1 year deal ideally so Lakers can still pursue Westbrook next year.

kamil
05-24-2015, 12:41 AM

Because Lakers fans are delusional and entitled.

MMM
05-24-2015, 12:54 AM
That team still looks closer to a non playoff team than a contender.

lovethetriangle
05-24-2015, 05:33 AM
Because Lakers fans are delusional and entitled.

That's what they told us when we said we wanted Howard and Nash while still keeping Gasol.

Granted, the move didn't work out, but you said we were delusional then (and on many other occasions) and you know the rest.

Players still want to be Lakers and they will continue to do for the rest of your life (most especially after Kobe retires), whether you like it or not.

KingLeBronJames
05-24-2015, 05:45 AM
Cause Dragic said he's interested in the Lakers and Jimmy Butler hate Derrick Rose.

BallsOut
05-24-2015, 01:40 PM
That team still looks closer to a non playoff team than a contender.

Explain.

1~Gibson~1
05-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Because they're free agents and they can?....but they're in the East.

KNOW1EDGE
05-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Explain.

Their roster.

Dave3
05-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Jordan Clarkson is a very promising rookie and you want to take away his starting spot? No team starting 2 rookies (Randle is a rookie for all intents and purposes) is going to be a contending team, especially 2 rookie big men.

The funny thing, is despite your expectations being incredibly unrealistic, they're actually not very good for the Lakers at all. It's much better to try and build a young team around Clarkson, Randle, and Okafor/KAT, than it is to rush and build a mediocre team for a championship run.

Dragic for 10 is funny.

Knicks might be better

Russell
Carroll (7)
Carmelo
Millsap (9)
Kanter (6)

Post of the year :oldlol: :oldlol: :bowdown:

YouGotServed
05-24-2015, 01:55 PM
These lottery kids are out of control.

Mods.

Optimus Prime
05-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Lakers made a huge step forward by landing that #2 pick, so this summer will be pivotal. But championship caliber team? Not for a while, and definitely not next season.

Clarkson is promising, Randle is essentially a rookie and Towns/Okafor will be a rookie.

We're not getting Dragic for 10. Bulls will match everything for Butler because he's all they have.

I really like signing Rondo as long as the deal is right. Either a one year rental to see how he does or a smaller contract. Dallas really destroyed his market value this off season, so I trust that Mitch will make the right move and not overpay.

Kobe, despite being older and injured, can still play at a very high level when he does play. I can't see him retiring if he's still able to play like a star.

:kobe:

IGOTGAME
05-24-2015, 02:13 PM
I dont understand the fascination with rebuilding so quickly. Take your time and get another top draft pick. Wait for the right big moves.

As for a small move, trading Clarkson could be good for the right price.

Lamar Odumbb
05-24-2015, 02:22 PM
Its possible but highly improbable. Lakers need to build a team that will last 9-10 plus years contending like the 80's and 2000-2010 Lakers , current Spurs, and 60's Celtics.

They could sell their soul like they did signing Artest and ditching Ariza to win 1 title vs the Celtics but in reality it cost the Lakers multiple future rings because Ariza, Kobe, Pau, and Odom were long and athletic which is what the NBA is today.

Quickening
05-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Not with Kobe taking up 25 mill and being a turnstyle on defence