PDA

View Full Version : Is Kevin Love all but gone with the emergence of Tristan Thompson?

Fudge
05-20-2015, 08:12 PM
TT is a ****ing stud. A star in the making.

What's your take on this, Cavs fans?

Do you guys think the Love era is officially over?

Who would you guys prefer to have going forward, with both of them being FA's this summer?

Marchesk
05-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Good thing Bran traded Wiggins.

Lebron23
05-20-2015, 08:17 PM
I still pick Kevin Love. Thompson is a good off the bench player.

Eric Cartman
05-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Thompson will resign with the Cavs.

Love will sign a max contract with the Pistons.

Tmuston Beltics
05-20-2015, 08:22 PM
1 season Love era. If he decides to leave, what can the Cavs do?

Straight_Ballin
05-20-2015, 08:23 PM
The cavs never needed love and the front office is too stupid to realize that there's a thing called injuries. You keep wiggins and know that either he or kyrie could get injured, but this way if one of them does you are still a contender for years to come.

FireMcFailPlease
05-20-2015, 08:24 PM
it was a good trade at the time, win win for both teams.

Wolves are making out to be bandits if Cleveland goes ring less and Love bails like a b*tch after this year. Minnesota already hates Love...Cleveland would flat out destroy Love if he ever returns in a different jersey.

RRR3
05-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Nah. TT is an elite rebounder and plays within his role but Love is also an elite rebounder and a guy who can give you 20+ PPG (25+ on a bad team as we've seen). Plus his shooting is very valuable.

Genaro
05-20-2015, 08:31 PM
I think both are staying. Love won't find a better contending/ max salary situation and TT is great for this team, unless the Cavs decide to be cheap (don't believe that) they'll pay him.

Mikaiel
05-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Do you guys think the Love era is officially over?

The Love era ? Really ? He barely started getting comfortable in his role ...

Fudge
05-20-2015, 09:16 PM
The Love era ? Really ? He barely started getting comfortable in his role ...
Stfu. Answer my question, Miguel.

Mikaiel
05-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Stfu. Answer my question, Miguel.

Your question is stupid.

There is no such thing as a "Love era".

There's a LeBron era. There's a Daugherty/Price era.

Hell, there's even a World B. Free era or a Big Z era.

But no such thing as a Love era.

Fudge
05-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Miguel, you're making this complicated, my dear.

Is Love all but gone or not?

Meticode
05-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Is Kevin Love all but gone with the emergence of Tristan Thompson?
No. Thompson will come off the bench next season as long as Love doesn't opt-out. He's definitely stepped his game up since sliding into the starting role, but he's not a long-time starter. He's a high-energy guy that comes off the bench, provides above average defense, a high motor and is a monster on the offensive glass.

If anything what will likely happen is towards the end of games they'll have Thompson and Love out there together. It happened a lot during the regular season. Love should be starting PF next season for the Cavs, and seeing how well this team did without him for most of the playoffs, if he wants to win ASAP, it'd be smart of him to come back.

Akrazotile
05-20-2015, 09:48 PM
If you could guarantee Thompson would either maintain this level or improve, I think itd be reasonable to take him over Love.

One thing I worry about guys whose game is predicated on energy/athleticism is how well will they age, and how well will they maintain their motor once they get a fat pay day. I dont know much about Thompson personally and whether his character suggests he'll keep grinding or regress when he gets paid, but its somethin to be mindful of. Love obviously has a game that will age pretty well, altho tbh Id rather have what Thompson brings right now. Just as long as he can keep it up goin forward. As meticode mentioned, this play wont necessarily translate to a full season as a starter, especially with a payday.