PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who balls should try playing like harden

ISHGoat
05-20-2015, 09:12 PM
I couldnt guard a guy that just did stepbacks and layups and the other team couldnt guard my drives without fouling when I just drive into traffic and hold the ball super low, it was like a free layup, foul, open teammate every time

TheReal Kendall
05-20-2015, 09:14 PM
So you that nikka in the gym calling foul every play

warriorfan
05-20-2015, 09:16 PM
If you played like Harden in a pick up game you would get thrown off the court

L.Kizzle
05-20-2015, 09:20 PM
You'd get stomped out playing like Harden on the streets on a pick up game at a gym.

ISHGoat
05-20-2015, 09:26 PM
You guys are just focusing on the negative, stop hating. If you play in a rec league, theres 3 pointers which is just a good shot if you can hit them. Stepbacks are really hard to guard, because you can always get a consistent semi contested one off. Driving with your arms low is just downright genius because its hard to slap out and easy to draw tacky fouls and try to complete the play for free.

kennethgriffin
05-20-2015, 09:27 PM
how does one play like harden in a pickup game with no free throws?

and the type of ticky tack stuff called in the nba wouldnt even get you the ball back in pickup basketball

so the other players would stop passing you the ball after the 4th or 5th time you try a rip through move and get stuffed or miss horribly

ISHGoat
05-20-2015, 09:28 PM
how does one play like harden in a pickup game with no free throws?

and the type of ticky tack stuff called in the nba wouldnt even get you the ball back in pickup basketball

so the other players would stop passing you the ball after the 4th or 5th time you try a rip through move and get stuffed or miss horribly

obviously you dont do this every time, it depends on circumstance. sometimes the low rip through move is just the best way to get the ball through two defenders. if you mix it up with jump stop high rip through move and eurosteps, it would be impossible to stop your drives if you are remotely athletic.

noob cake
05-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Let's not act as if what Harden does is easy. If it was, then every SG in the league would be a max player dropping 27 PPG/7 APG.

And you are fool if you think Harden needs free throws in a pickup game. One of the best slashers in the NBA would get a free layup on every drive.

HylianNightmare
05-20-2015, 11:07 PM
I played with a guy who did nothing but iso James harden step backs,it was the most irritating shit in the world.

ISHGoat
05-20-2015, 11:12 PM
I played with a guy who did nothing but iso James harden step backs,it was the most irritating shit in the world.

I did too, and when he gets you off balance because you go to contest, he just runs right by you for an easy layup.

If you can make opponents respect your step back, you will get easy layups. Its a killer combo

RRR3
05-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Sometimes I flopped on defense when me and my friends played basketball back in Oregon. It was just to troll and make people laugh though and we never called shooting fouls. :lol

TylerOO
05-20-2015, 11:16 PM
You couldn't cover a bed with a blanket.

But, yes I do play like Harden. 3's and layups. Mid range jumper is a lost art, but I can still also dominate with that as well.

Taller than CP3
05-20-2015, 11:21 PM
If I were a billionaire, I'd have a basketball court set up with Motion Sensors of my favorite Basketball players displaying lifelike holograms.......for example. I'd play a clip of MJ's shot over Bryan Russell....and MJ's hologram would be right in front of me and I'd try my best to guard him. Or A.I.'s shot in the corner over Tyron Lue.

TylerOO
05-20-2015, 11:22 PM
If I were a billionaire, I'd have a basketball court set up with Motion Sensors of my favorite Basketball players displaying lifelike holograms.......for example. I'd play a clip of MJ's shot over Bryan Russell in his final game....and MJ's hologram would be right in front of me and I'd try my best to guard him. Or A.I.'s shot in the corner over Tyron Lue.

http://images.rapgenius.com/3a4f55bbb1de2a2a38efc4c170e14110.480x246x1.jpg

Taller than CP3
05-21-2015, 12:01 AM
You couldn't cover a bed with a blanket.

But, yes I do play like Harden. 3's and layups. Mid range jumper is a lost art, but I can still also dominate with that as well.

http://images.rapgenius.com/3a4f55bbb1de2a2a38efc4c170e14110.480x246x1.jpg

warriorfan
05-21-2015, 12:10 AM
If I were a billionaire, I'd have a basketball court set up with Motion Sensors of my favorite Basketball players displaying lifelike holograms.......for example. I'd play a clip of MJ's shot over Bryan Russell....and MJ's hologram would be right in front of me and I'd try my best to guard him. Or A.I.'s shot in the corner over Tyron Lue.

:confusedshrug:

imdaman99
05-21-2015, 12:15 AM
LOL I don't think I've ever met someone in real life who likes Harden. "He's good, he knows how to get to the line but I can't stand his flopping" That's about as close as anyone in NYC will come to complimenting him :oldlol:

gts
05-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Re: Anyone who balls should try playing like harden

I tried but i hurt my neck snapping my head back

bdreason
05-21-2015, 02:42 AM
I've played with plenty of brothas who just drive the lane and call foul every time. You don't want to be that guy.

SugarHill
05-21-2015, 02:44 AM
when you say foul, you just get the ball back right? you out there hitting freethrows in pickup?

Horde of Temujin
05-21-2015, 03:04 AM
If you played like Harden where I play ball at you would be laughed off the court at best, or get beat down at worst