:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

L.Kizzle
05-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Prince, Madonna, Paul Mccartney.
For reals? Will watch!!

gts
05-20-2015, 10:12 PM
I loved Kimmel's statement last night

he told the viewers tomorrow we'll be airing a repeat of the Kimmel show, don't watch us watch Letterman's last show instead

Classy of Kimmel and ABC to take that road

bballnoob1192
05-20-2015, 10:17 PM
I loved Kimmel's statement last night

he told the viewers tomorrow we'll be airing a repeat of the Kimmel show, don't watch us watch Letterman's last show instead

Classy of Kimmel and ABC to take that road
I'd rather watch a Kimmel Rerun.

gts
05-20-2015, 10:21 PM
I'd rather watch a Kimmel Rerun.You're in luck, there will be one for you to watch tonight!

9erempiree
05-20-2015, 11:50 PM
Letterman sucks anyways. He was good when he was young.

DeuceWallaces
05-21-2015, 12:01 AM
Never found him funny.

Leno > Letterman

Of course a dumbass like you would say that.

Patrick Chewing
05-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Of course a dumbass like you would say that.

LOL this nikka got nothing better to do than to go on his Compaq Presario computer and insult people from the confines of his grandmother's basement.

Rent free.

DeuceWallaces
05-21-2015, 12:07 AM
What the hell are you talking about?

L.Kizzle
05-21-2015, 12:08 AM
Chris Rock!

L.Kizzle
05-21-2015, 12:11 AM
The hell is up with Jim Carey. Julia Dryfus still looks good.

HitandRun Reggie
05-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Never found him funny.

Leno > Letterman

Letterman invited Leno as a guest on the last show and Leno turned him down.:oldlol:

Poor David, first he gets rejected for the Tonight Show time slot when Leno took over, then he gets pounded into the dirt by Leno's ratings, now this. :facepalm

He probably deserves it, I had a teacher who attended college with Letterman at Ball State, and she remembered being a huge d!ck.

BasedTom
05-21-2015, 12:17 AM
why did they make this a clipshow?

L.Kizzle
05-21-2015, 12:20 AM
why did they make this a clipshow?
Steve Martin Jerry Seinfeld Tina Fey and Bill Murray were just on.

BasedTom
05-21-2015, 12:23 AM
Steve Martin Jerry Seinfeld Tina Fey and Bill Murray were just on.
Yeah I know, but I don't remember there ever being this many commercials. +with the clips, that's just less content

KevinNYC
05-21-2015, 12:45 AM
This is making me feel old.

Lots of great tributes going around. Grantland reprinted an old article from before Letterman started his Late Night show but after his morning show was cancelled. Pretty interesting seeming someone write about Letterman before he was really known.

Conan O'Brien had a article where he said no single person changed comedy more than Letterman. He called him a genuine revolution. And it was true, there was nobody with that attitude before him and that attitude has become the dominant view throughout many forms of TV and Comedy.

KevinNYC
05-21-2015, 12:51 AM
Conan gave another tribute on his show tonight.
http://teamcoco.com/video/goodbye-dave

And then urged people to switch channels to Letterman
http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-tells-viewers-to-turn-on-david-letterman

BurningHammer
05-21-2015, 01:08 AM
Letterman's shows have been consistently dumb, which I get the point. It is consistent from the beginning with NBC til the end that ended up infected everybody coming after him so kudos to Dave.

BurningHammer
05-21-2015, 01:11 AM
Yeah I know, but I don't remember there ever being this many commercials. +with the clips, that's just less content
The final show almost guarantees big ratings. So take the money while they can.

Also, the Colbert Late Show will still be produced by Letterman's company, correct?

HelterSkelter
05-21-2015, 01:18 AM
Letterman invited Leno as a guest on the last show and Leno turned him down.:oldlol:

Poor David, first he gets rejected for the Tonight Show time slot when Leno took over, then he gets pounded into the dirt by Leno's ratings, now this. :facepalm

He probably deserves it, I had a teacher who attended college with Letterman at Ball State, and she remembered being a huge d!ck.

Leno invited Letterman in his last show too... and he got turned down as well :confusedshrug:

gts
05-21-2015, 01:36 AM
The final show almost guarantees big ratings. So take the money while they can.

Also, the Colbert Late Show will still be produced by Letterman's company, correct?

Yeah World Wide Pants will still do that one and the show afterwards

DeuceWallaces
05-21-2015, 01:49 AM
Letterman's shows have been consistently dumb, which I get the point. It is consistent from the beginning with NBC til the end that ended up infected everybody coming after him so kudos to Dave.

Is English your first language? You come off sounding like a retard in English.

The Iron Sheik
05-21-2015, 02:17 PM
LOL this nikka got nothing better to do than to go on his Compaq Presario computer and insult people from the confines of his grandmother's basement.

Rent free.

on a side note, white boys saying "nikka" on the internet is one of the lamest things ever

KevinNYC
05-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Isn't letterman accused of sexually harassing like 78 women
No.

It seems that he had consenual affairs with women he worked with and one them was going out with another guy who worked at CBS. He found her diary and then tried to blackmail Letterman with the details and he was convicted for it.

L.Kizzle
05-21-2015, 02:56 PM
No.

It seems that he had consenual affairs with women he worked with and one them was going out with another guy who worked at CBS. He found her diary and then tried to blackmail Letterman with the details and he was convicted for it.
What about Johnny Carson and some child?

AintNoSunshine
05-22-2015, 04:41 AM
No

gigantes
05-22-2015, 11:14 AM
Never found him funny.

Leno > Letterman
ah, don't worry about it.

bland humor didn't win the ratings wars for nothing.

gigantes
05-22-2015, 11:22 AM
dunno if you letterman appreciators saw this, but i found this to be a pretty fascinating look in to the joke-writing process... including internal politics of the show:
http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/23-lost-laughs-of-letterman.html

actually i forget if this is the same article where some of them talk about being professional joke writers who fax in jokes all season long and maybe one gets used every two weeks or so and they make $50 for it. a labor of love and the thrill of seeing a famous person doing your joke on TV...

gts
05-22-2015, 01:45 PM
dunno if you letterman appreciators saw this, but i found this to be a pretty fascinating look in to the joke-writing process... including internal politics of the show:
http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/23-lost-laughs-of-letterman.html

actually i forget if this is the same article where some of them talk about being professional joke writers who fax in jokes all season long and maybe one gets used every two weeks or so and they make $50 for it. a labor of love and the thrill of seeing a famous person doing your joke on TV...

This is a great read.. long but really good stuff.. have to come back and finish it up after a meeting but i'm cracking up heading into it...

thanks

gigantes
05-22-2015, 01:57 PM
quite welcome bro and glad you liked.

i imagined that this was a forum that wasn't dominated by 13yr olds and it became very easy to share. :cheers:

Lebron23
05-22-2015, 01:59 PM
I became a Letterman fans when I was 11 yrs.old back in 1998. I remember he had a quintuple bypass operation back in 2000, but he fully recovered. All I can say that during his peak/prime he was one of the best late night hosts.