PDA

View Full Version : Just something I noticed: Carroll being out may end up being a blessing for Atlanta

tmacattack33
05-21-2015, 12:24 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but I noticed tonight that Bazemore played Lebron better than anyone else did, and I think he will do a good job on Lebron for the rest of the series if Caroll is out. Carroll was getting owned by Lebron.

And by the way, this dude Bazemore won what is basically the DPOY in college bball. The following year, Anthony Davis won this same award, so it's legit.

And obviously Atlanta will lose a lot offensively, but I'm just talking about defense here.

navy
05-21-2015, 12:27 AM
I dont remember a single Bazlemore possession. It's blatantly obvious that the Hawks should have been doubling Lebron anyways. Im not sure why Bud thought that Caroll was gonna stop him in the post or why he kept letting the players switch. Now he will be forced to. Just make sure you help off a big or someone like Delly.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-21-2015, 12:27 AM
Right, the Hawks will be better without their leading scorer this postseason.

LeBron fans are a special bunch. Truly and unconditionally

imdaman99
05-21-2015, 12:33 AM
Lebron fans always trying to disguise they love the easy way out :roll:

Give it a rest you insecure bunch. "Blessing for Atlanta" :lol

JebronLames
05-21-2015, 12:36 AM
Yeah, Carroll is surprisingly weak.

inclinerator
05-21-2015, 12:39 AM
i saw the same but lebron was probably just trying not to pick up even more fouls

KG215
05-21-2015, 12:39 AM
Excellent point OP. Never mind the fact Carroll was leading Atlanta in scoring in the playoffs, this really could be a blessing in disguise. Now all the Hawks need to do is find some magical spell or potion that can allow Bazemore to play 45-48 minutes without getting tired and they're set, because without Carroll they're down to about 1 or 1.5 defenders (I'm still not sure about Millsap) that are even somewhat capable of defending and slowing down LeBron.

lilteapot
05-21-2015, 12:40 AM
Excellent point OP. Never mind the fact Carroll was leading Atlanta in scoring in the playoffs, this really could be a blessing in disguise. Now all the Hawks need to do is find some magical spell or potion that can allow Bazemore to play 45-48 minutes without getting tired and they're set, because without Carroll they're down to about 1 or 1.5 defenders (I'm still not sure about Millsap) that are even somewhat capable of defending and slowing down LeBron.
:applause:

Cocaine80s
05-21-2015, 12:41 AM
I dont even remember Bazemore defending Lebron.

All i remember is that dunk on Thompson and block on JR

RedBlackAttack
05-21-2015, 12:51 AM
LeBron would have Bazemore ready to quit basketball if he had to defend him for 35-40 minutes. The Carroll injury a "blessing"? :facepalm

Total lack of understand of the game, tbh.

chazzy
05-21-2015, 12:55 AM
OP consistently proves how little he knows every time he clicks the "new thread" button

Hotlantadude81
05-21-2015, 01:03 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but I noticed tonight that Bazemore played Lebron better than anyone else did, and I think he will do a good job on Lebron for the rest of the series if Caroll is out. Carroll was getting owned by Lebron.

And by the way, this dude Bazemore won what is basically the DPOY in college bball. The following year, Anthony Davis won this same award, so it's legit.

And obviously Atlanta will lose a lot offensively, but I'm just talking about defense here.

The Hawks can't score as it is.

They're shooting about 43% a team in the post season. They're not that good of a team and they're going to lose this series. They should have just put the Cavs in the finals from the start and be done with it. The Hawks are not a major threat in the first place. Just a minor speed bump like they always are.

ImKobe
05-21-2015, 02:15 AM
Hawks are playing without two of their best players, especially on the defensive side in Carroll and Sefolosha

But somehow this is a blessing in disguise, right?

People need to concede the fact that Hawks don't have a player that's close to superstar level and that they're just a good, balanced team that's good enough to win a lot of games in the regular season, where teams don't have the chance to game plan and adjust against them like the Cavs can in the post-season.

They don't have a Jimmy Butler or a Kawhi Leonard to put on Lebron, they don't have a legitimate go-to scorer that could carry them with the game on the line. Teague is a good point guard, but he's not a great scorer. Korver is a spot-up shooter who's shot like crap all Playoffs. Millsap and Horford are all-star caliber big men, but they aren't on the level of a Dwight Howard or a Marc Gasol.

Overall, Cavs have the two best players in the series and they have a bunch of shooters that have been hot when the team has needed them the most. Cavs probably lose Game 1 if J.R Smith doesn't go off the way he did. Will Korver have a game like that against Cleveland? I doubt it.

Series is going 6 games max, Cleveland will go up 3 - 1 after 4 games and then we'll see if Atlanta can win Game 5 and extend the series, and I doubt they will push it to 7 @ Cleveland.

This seems a lot like the Bulls series to me. They can keep the games close and they can surely hang with Cleveland, but they won't put up enough points at the end of the day.

bigkingsfan
05-21-2015, 02:16 AM
Cavs had no time to prepare for Bazemore, something tells me he'll be a scrub in game two.