PDA

View Full Version : Why were the Hawks guarding LeBron so closely?

JerrySeinfeld
05-21-2015, 04:42 AM
Did they not watch the Bulls series where he couldn't hit an open jumper to save his life or better yet has the coaching staff not been informed of the gameplan from the Spurs in the past?

You back off of Bron and give him time to hesitate and shoot.

Get up on him closely every possession and you are asking to be swept. There's no shame in playing defense smarter, instead of harder.

Genaro
05-21-2015, 04:49 AM
Agree. And you can see that all those missed jumpers affected his confidence, he's not trying a lot of them anymore. Just one 3 pointer today.
His shot chart:
http://puu.sh/hV5xf/86f39823a6.jpg

Im Still Ballin
05-21-2015, 04:56 AM
He just goes into the post then and we saw what he did to Atlanta today from the low block,

Now their main Lebron defender is injured

They will either have to play a small guard

Or slow Millsap

Even if Millsap backs off like he should of

Millsap isn't Jimmy Butler and if you give Lebron a running head of steam to the hoop, it's going to not end well for Atlanta

BlakFrankWhite
05-21-2015, 04:57 AM
playoffs are boring.

JerrySeinfeld
05-21-2015, 04:58 AM
playoffs are boring.

agreed.

Cocaine80s
05-21-2015, 05:02 AM
Obviously because Lebron is a lights out shooter.

One of the most complete players on offense ive ever seen

JerrySeinfeld
05-21-2015, 05:04 AM
Obviously because Lebron is a lights out shooter.

One of the most complete players on offense ive ever seen

you're boring.

Im Still Ballin
05-21-2015, 05:06 AM
playoffs are boring.
Missing Westbrook and Durant is a shame as they are two top 5 players and have been the top dogs of the WCF for 3 or so years now. It felt strange not seeing them in among it. Hope Durant comes back strong. Lebron doesn't look MVP motivated anymore.. more conservative in the regular season... And I don't want this dude with a child body running around jacking up 3's being the MVP. Any version of KD or Lebron from the last 3 years are a noticeable notch above anyone including Curry this year. Easily. Before this year it was Lebron and KD... then everyone else.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-21-2015, 05:28 AM
LeBron is a momentum player not a quick player (Doesn't have great first step - anymore at least) - you can't give him a cushion to get a head of steam so he can just bull-in-china-shop his way to a layup....at least that's what i think the logic must be

JerrySeinfeld
05-21-2015, 05:33 AM
Also, I don't think it's so much that LeBron is boring rather than the fact that he's not really exciting ENOUGH for me to care at this point.

Once I stopped putting any stock into ESPN LeBron really became boring because the story lines that have people "rooting for him to fail" or succeed or whatever don't exist in my world and mean nothing to me. I don't fall into media hype over clearly pretender teams out East, so I basically expect what we are witnessing now, and have expected it for the past 4 years. Another LeBron cakewalk to the Finals.