PDA

View Full Version : Are the Warriors a dynasty in the making?

TheReal Kendall
05-21-2015, 05:29 PM
I think everyone would agree that they are the clear cut favorites to win it all this year.

They have it all in a great coach, bench, and the right mix of players. Seems like everyone gets along well on the Warriors.

So how many rings do you think they can win going forward? ( I know they haven't won the 1st ring yet but it feels like it's inevitable.)

I think they could win at least 4-5 rings with the way the league is changing.

Im Still Ballin
05-21-2015, 05:30 PM
No

Alvin G leaves

Spurs get Aldridge

KD returns and gets OKC back up and running

Ca$H
05-21-2015, 05:31 PM
I think everyone would agree that they are the clear cut favorites to win it all this year.

They have it all in a great coach, bench, and the right mix of players. Seems like everyone gets along well on the Warriors.

So how many rings do you think they can win going forward? ( I know they haven't won the 1st ring yet but it feels like it's inevitable.)

The salary cap increase might change the landscape of the league. 2016 and 2017 offseasons will be interesting.

Im Still Ballin
05-21-2015, 05:32 PM
People were saying this dynasty shit for Oklahoma back in 2012

Amazing how it all turned out

There will be a 30 for 30 on them... Thunderstruck; Lightning never strikes the same place twice

Gotterdammerung
05-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Well. First they have to win one. Then two. Then three. Then let's talk.

:kobe:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Draymond, Klay and Steph are making 15 mill combined this season.............nikkas gon get paid. They are by far the most stacked and deep team in the league that wont stay longterm

rmt
05-21-2015, 07:52 PM

I think you should wait until they at least win one before you start talking dynasty. As a Spur fan, I can tell you that you never know what's gonna happen - from .4 to Manu's foul to being 28 seconds away from winning - just to have your heart ripped out. Gotta take the good with the bad and fortunately for the Spurs - that's 5 championships although you'll find lots who say that's not a dynasty. Enjoy! Go Warriors!!!

jimmy77x
05-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Can people just stfu and stop jumping the fukin gun already and let the warriors win one before all this talk.

warriorfan
05-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Draymond, Klay and Steph are making 15 mill combined this season.............nikkas gon get paid. They are by far the most stacked and deep team in the league that wont stay longterm

2015/2016 is going to be a tight squeeze with the last year of David Lee's contract on the books coming in at 15.5 million. Then Draymond needs to get paid and Klay's new big contract comes on the books as well. They are gonna have to probably let Speights go to start, there's 4 million. Then letting go of Netovic and Barbosa frees up another 2 million. Even if the cap raises in '15-16, the Warriors are looking at heavy luxary tax.

2016/2017 is going to be amazing after toughing out the situation of '15-'16. David Lee's 15.5 million finally comes off the books and the cap is projected to be at 80 million.

In 2016/2017 GS is going to be the most attractive destination for free agents and the warriors will be able to pay easily. If Kevin Durant bounces back well from the foot injury there is a very good chance he winds up in Golden State.

bdreason
05-21-2015, 08:19 PM
We have a good, young core. Talking about a "dynasty" is ridiculous. I think a healthy Thunder would be favorites next year, and who knows how many all-stars LeBron can recruit in the off-season. :oldlol:

Akrazotile
05-21-2015, 08:27 PM
No.

Cavs are.

Spurs m8
05-21-2015, 08:28 PM
lol you're dreaming OP.

First of all, no Draymond next year will have an impact of sorts.

Also, when Spurs get LeMarcus and resign Kawhi, you're not even gonna win a ring next season haha
Or the next few hahah

A new dynasty is taking over in SA

niko
05-21-2015, 08:42 PM
Why do people think Aldridge wants to go to SA? Part of his issue is he's butthurt over not being considered the face of Portland. He's going to go be third fiddle to Duncan and Kawhi in SA?

bobeticus
05-21-2015, 08:53 PM

Draymond is a piece of galvanize sheet just noise no substance.. klay is second fiddle not worthy of max... Curry is the man in GSW... worth of max... Curry with that Melo salary mentality... 125mil/4 yrs. contract :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

WorldWarriors
05-21-2015, 08:56 PM
LOL Please stop this nonsense. Only 4 Dynasties in the history of the NBA. Celtics, Lakers, Bulls and most recently San Antonio.

bobeticus
05-21-2015, 09:00 PM
LOL Please stop this nonsense. Only 3 Dynasties in the history of the NBA. Celtics, Lakers and most recently San Antonio.

Bulls??? :confusedshrug:
if not for retirement 90's will be Bulls Era

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-21-2015, 09:01 PM
if not for retirement 90's will be Bulls Era
And Spurs arent a dynasty never repeated

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Draymond is a piece of galvanize sheet just noise no substance.. klay is second fiddle not worthy of max... Curry is the man in GSW... worth of max... Curry with that Melo salary mentality... 125mil/4 yrs. contract :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Draymond is their best 2way player. If GS doesnt pay him someone else will. Have u seen the players who got the max? Klay is a top 20 player and 2nd best SG he will get the max

secund2nun
05-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Curry will end up with zero rings in his career unless he latches onto a generational talent like Lebron or the soon to be alpha predator of the NBA in Anthony Davis or wins one as a role player later in his career.

bdreason
05-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Klay already gets the MAX, which will look like a bargain in a couple years.

Steph is probably the best contract in the NBA, and he's locked up for two more years.

Draygod isn't going anywhere, because I doubt anyone offers him a MAX in RFA, and I believe he wants to stay with GSW.

D. Lee will probably get traded as a $15m expirer before next years trade deadline.

Our only bad contract is Iggy, who is overpaid for what he's currently bringing to the team... but at least he brings it defensively.

warriorfan
05-21-2015, 09:10 PM

Steph is probably the best contract in the NBA, and he's locked up for two more years.

Draygod isn't going anywhere, because I doubt anyone offers him a MAX in RFA, and I believe he wants to stay with GSW.

D. Lee will probably get traded as a $15m expirer before next years trade deadline.

Our only bad contract is Iggy, who is overpaid for what he's currently bringing to the team... but at least he brings it defensively.

He's making fair money, he is a high impact player.

Derka
05-21-2015, 09:19 PM
I may be talking crazy here...but maybe they win a title before we start with the dynasty talk?

TheReal Kendall
05-21-2015, 09:23 PM
I know it all depends on if they win this year but like I said I feel like they are the clear cut favorites to win it all.

With injuries and the weak East it just seems like it's the Warriors time.

P.s I'm not a Warriors fan. I just feel like they have the perfect mix for this Era.

shootingcomets
05-21-2015, 09:29 PM

Dreymond is not worth the max but some random team will give him the max for RFA

seriously, Hayward, Parsons, Eric Gordon, Asik, Hibbert, J Smith all got 15mil a year and you dont think Dreymond is at least on par or better than most of them?

Leftimage
05-21-2015, 09:36 PM
Warriors won't be able to pay all the fellas they've grown, that's one of the sucky things with free agency and all. TBH I think current Cavs have dynastic potential (e.g:. 3-4 chips over the years leading up to Bron's retirement).

ESPECIALLY if Lebron decides to take less money down the road, which is quite likely given how wealthy he is and how he has already professed wanting to retire in Cleveland. Speaking of taking less, I think a lot of players out there would take less to play on a finals-bound (every year) team like the current Cavs.

PWB15
05-21-2015, 09:40 PM
LOL Please stop this nonsense. Only 3 Dynasties in the history of the NBA. Celtics, Lakers and most recently San Antonio.

The spurs never had a dynasty:facepalm

bdreason
05-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Warriors won't be able to pay all the fellas they've grown, that's one of the sucky things with free agency and all. TBH I think current Cavs have dynastic potential (e.g:. 3-4 chips over the years leading up to Bron's retirement).

ESPECIALLY if Lebron decides to take less money down the road, which is quite likely given how wealthy he is and how he has already professed wanting to retire in Cleveland. Speaking of taking less, I think a lot of players out there would take less to play on a finals-bound (every year) team like the current Cavs.

Only guy we won't be able to pay is Speights.

Curry, Klay, Bogut, Barnes, Livingston and Iggy are all locked up for at least 2 more years... and we're going to give D. Lee's 15m to Draygod.

shootingcomets
05-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Only guy we won't be able to pay is Speights.

Curry, Klay, Bogut, Barnes, Livingston and Iggy are all locked up for at least 2 more years... and we're going to give D. Lee's 15m to Draygod.

good god... you cant just "give" someone's salary to someone else. You gotta trade Lee and that's a bloody shittty contract, who's gona take that contract? Who are you getting back? Better start calling the Knicks :lol

bdreason
05-21-2015, 09:51 PM
good god... you cant just "give" someone's salary to someone else. You gotta trade Lee and that's a bloody shittty contract, who's gona take that contract? Who are you getting back? Better start calling the Knicks :lol

Lee is a solid player, and a veteran, who will also be a 15m expirer next season. He won't be hard to trade.

And we have Draygod's bird rights, so we can pay him whatever we want, and go over the cap to keep him.

SilkkTheShocker
05-21-2015, 10:55 PM
They won't even win one title.

Cone
05-21-2015, 10:58 PM
They won't even win one title.

No way they lose this year. Their only legit challenger is the Cavs, and they're losing 2 of their top 3 players (love out, kyrie playing on serious injuries)

WorldWarriors
05-24-2015, 01:25 AM
if not for retirement 90's will be Bulls Era Oh shit. Forgot about them. My bad.