PDA

View Full Version : Im baffled how Lebron can take this team to the finals

retaxis
05-21-2015, 05:46 PM
-Injured Kyrie playing poorly since Milwaukee series
- JR smith out two pivotal games against Chicago at their best
- Arguably Cavs 2nd best player in Love (rebounding/scoring) out since first round
- Shumpert injured
- Varejao who is Cavs best centre out since beginning of the season

I really threw the towel in when I heard Love was gone. But if Lebron can take this team to the finals it is something definitely quite amazing in a feat of its own.

MP.Trey
05-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Thank god we're in the East.

qrich
05-21-2015, 05:49 PM
It's the East.

The Pelicans would have had a legit shot of winning the East.

Genaro
Kyrie played for the Bulls against Milwaukee?

Rose'sACL
- Arguably Cavs 2nd best player in Love (rebounding/scoring) out since first round
- Shumpert injured

I really threw the towel in when I heard Love was gone. But if Lebron can take this team to the finals it is something definitely quite amazing in a feat of its own.
celtics, not Milwaukee.

Im Still Ballin
05-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Just watch the Cavs take the Warriors to 7

"It's the east but!!!!!"

****ing idiots

Rose'sACL
It's the East.

no, they wouldn't. they were pretty bad defensively.

kamil
Thank god we're in the East.

This.

retaxis
05-21-2015, 05:51 PM
Might be the East but no one thought the Bulls would fold like that against Lebron again. No one thought Atlanta who won sixty games mind you will pack it in easy.

aj1987
05-21-2015, 05:51 PM
It's the East.

:oldlol:

Not even close. They might make it to the 2nd and win a game or two at the most.

retaxis
05-21-2015, 05:52 PM
I agree its the East but the cavs aren;t playing wizards in the semis or toronto in the CFs. They are still playing the best two other teams in the conference in Atlanta and Chicago.

Lets look at GSW path to the finals shall we?

Pelicans - Warm ups
Memphis - Injured Conley and 1 3pt shooter on the team (no floor spacing)
Houston - Real challenge

Cavs pathway
Boston - warm up (oops lost 2nd most impactful player in love)
Bulls - real challenge
Atlanta - real challenge

Beastmode88
05-21-2015, 05:55 PM
I agree its the East but the cavs aren;t playing wizards in the semis or toronto in the CFs. They are still playing the best two other teams in the conference in Atlanta and Chicago.

Lets look at GSW path to the finals shall we?

Pelicans - Warm ups
Memphis - Injured Conley and 1 3pt shooter on the team (no floor spacing)
Houston - Real challenge

Cavs pathway
Boston - warm up (oops lost 2nd most impactful player in love)
Bulls - real challenge
Atlanta - real challenge

"mvp" quit on his team :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TiagoSimoes
05-21-2015, 05:55 PM
damage control before 2/6

Dragonyeuw
05-21-2015, 05:57 PM
Lebron taking this team to the finals, minus Love, is as much an indictment of the state of the East as it is testament to his greatness.

Real14
05-21-2015, 06:04 PM
damage control before 2/6
end thread:oldlol:

edrick
05-21-2015, 06:05 PM
The ONLY way haters will give Lebron credit for winning, is if he goes out there and plays 1-5. That's just a fact. It doesn't matter that Love and Anderson are out completely, or that Irving is not even remotely 100%.

6 months ago, I bet almost all of the haters who are praising JR right now, were saying he was worthless trash.

HOoopCityJones
05-21-2015, 06:06 PM
Just watch the Cavs take the Warriors to 7

"It's the east but!!!!!"

****ing idiots

Again, it's not just about the West Teams being better, it's about the road to the Finals. The West beats each others brains in every year in route to a Finals , while East Teams generally coast to the finals with maybe one outta three Teams that actually makes it a series.

For instance, if Houston fights tooth and nail and actually manages to get past GSW, can you honestly say The Cavs and Rockets path to the Finals were equal in degree of difficulty? :coleman:

Young X
05-21-2015, 06:09 PM
East.

A team doesn't have to play well to get to the conference finals or finals in the east, it's been like this for years. The Cavs, Hawks, Wizards, and Bulls all played mediocre basketball in the playoffs so far. Any of those teams would lose in the 1st round out west.

It's a shame that a team like the Spurs lost in the 1st round when they would easily be in the finals if they switched conferences.

Smoke117
05-21-2015, 06:11 PM
It doesn't really matter...if the Cavs make it to the finals, we'll just have to hear 2/6, 2/6 over and over from these idiots (a couple have already started in here) even though they have zero chance vs the warriors.

DMAVS41
05-21-2015, 06:55 PM
- Shumpert injured

2 reasons:

1. Lebron is one of the 10 or so best players ever

2. He plays in a joke conference in which he can play like ass for the majority of a 2nd round series and still win

Not hard. Baffled? Nah...

RoundMoundOfReb
05-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Pelicans MIGHT make the second round. But not really. Wiz (healthy), Hawks, Bulls, Cavs are all better than the pelicans.

DMAVS41
05-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Again, it's not just about the West Teams being better, it's about the road to the Finals. The West beats each others brains in every year in route to a Finals , while East Teams generally coast to the finals with maybe one outta three Teams that actually makes it a series.

For instance, if Houston fights tooth and nail and actually manages to get past GSW, can you honestly say The Cavs and Rockets path to the Finals were equal in degree of difficulty? :coleman:

This.

Why are you morons so stupid? Jesus...there is usually 1 great East team.

The Cavs beating the Warriors or the Hawks beating the Warriors doesn't prove anything. I'd be shocked, but it wouldn't make the shitty Bulls or Wizards or Raptors...etc. any better.

The East is shit.

The fact that people deny this...just shows how biased people really are.

DMAVS41
05-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Pelicans MIGHT make the second round. But not really. Wiz (healthy), Hawks, Bulls, Cavs are all better than the pelicans.

I think the Pelicans are a toss up to beat the Bulls/Wizards on that list. Definitely don't think they could beat the Cavs or Hawks...

raprap
05-21-2015, 07:00 PM
When will people give the Cavs credit? It seems like everybody wants to blame the east being pathetic rather than giving these hobbled Cavs credit.

SexSymbol
05-21-2015, 07:11 PM
- Shumpert injured

Shump and Kyrie aren't really injured no more, Kyrie wasn't injured in last two games in Bulls series.
Love being out is a blessing in disguise, they now can actually put somebody who can defend the post to play.
Varejao isn't the cavs best center when they have mozgov.

DMAVS41
05-21-2015, 07:13 PM
[/LIST]
When will people give the Cavs credit? It seems like everybody wants to blame the east being pathetic rather than giving these hobbled Cavs credit.

Why can't it be both?

Why can't we just agree to be rational and logical?

The East sucks...and it's impressive that the Cavs are playing this well without Love and with a banged up Kyrie.

It's not hard...

Indian guy
05-21-2015, 07:16 PM
The West beats each others brains in every year in route to a Finals , while East Teams generally coast to the finals with maybe one outta three Teams that actually makes it a series.

This is factually incorrect. In the last 9 postseasons(06-current), or since LeBron started making the playoffs, the finalists from the EC lost more games(9 more) through the first 3 rounds than their West counterpart did. This myth that the top EC team simply gets a free path towards the Finals needs to end. There's no evidence to support it. Since this thread, like all threads about the EC, is about LeBron, let me also say that his 2 rings came during seasons when he was MOST likely to lose during the Eastern playoffs. He lost 10 games in '12 and '13 through the first 3 rounds. The 2 seasons he didn't win? Only 7.

HOoopCityJones
05-21-2015, 07:25 PM
This is factually incorrect. In the last 9 postseasons(06-current), or since LeBron started making the playoffs, the finalist from the EC lost more games(9 more) through the first 3 rounds than their West counterpart did. This myth that the top EC team simply gets a free path towards the Finals needs to end. There's no evidence to support it.

Let's look at the Top Teams out East the last few years shall we?

Hawks
Pacers
Bulls
Heat (I think)
Cavs

How many of those Teams outside of The Heat were honestly the Top Team in their conference, let's be real here.

You guys love to always bark about how sauce Bron's 08-10 Teams are, ok well they were the best Team out East in the regular season of those years, picked as the favorite every year despite The Celtics and Lakers strength and they choked every time til he left for Miami.

Bulls- pretender

Pacers - Pretender

Hawks- Pending

:confusedshrug:

livinglegend
05-21-2015, 07:28 PM

Hawks
Pacers
Bulls
Heat (I think)
Cavs

How many of those Teams outside of The Heat were honestly the Top Team in their conference, let's be real here.

You guys love to always bark about how sauce Bron's 08-10 Teams are, ok well they were the best Team out East in the regular season of those years, picked as the favorite every year despite The Celtics and Lakers strength and they choked every time til he left for Miami.

Bulls- pretender

Pacers - Pretender

Hawks- Pending

You just changed the topic.
This is not what Indianguy was talking about.
He proved you wrong with facts.
OWN the lost. Dont post meaningless off-topic crap.

Indian guy
05-21-2015, 07:32 PM

Hawks
Pacers
Bulls
Heat (I think)
Cavs

Bulls- pretender

Pacers - Pretender

Hawks- Pending

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I was responding to your [false] claim that Western finalists' path towards the Finals was more difficult than their Eastern counterpart because of more quality teams being in the West. How they supposedly "beat each other up" while the top dog in East enjoys lopsided series'. But the numbers don't support this at all. The EC finalist struggles just as much during their first round series', if not more so, than their WC counterpart.

HOoopCityJones
05-21-2015, 07:35 PM
You just changed the topic.
This is not what Indianguy was talking about.
He proved you wrong with facts.
OWN the lost. Dont post meaningless off-topic crap.

I didn't change the subject, you've been acting asshurt in here since the thread started , move on.

Everyone wants to act like Last year's Pacers were the best Team out East? GTFOutta here. :biggums:

How about The Hawks?

Or The Bulls that one year Noah was talking mad shit.

Every year these overachieving Teams are the best Teams out east, as Indian's "history" shows, they rarely if ever are what people thought they were.

raprap
05-21-2015, 07:36 PM
[/LIST]

Why can't it be both?

Why can't we just agree to be rational and logical?

The East sucks...and it's impressive that the Cavs are playing this well without Love and with a banged up Kyrie.

It's not hard...
That's my point tho.. I always see posters here bitchin how the east sucks. They seem to forget to give credit to these Cavs.

HOoopCityJones
05-21-2015, 07:38 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about here. I was responding to your [false] claim that Western finalists' path towards the Finals was more difficult than their Eastern counterpart because of more quality teams being in the West. How they supposedly "beat each other up" while the top dog in East enjoys lopsided series'. But the numbers don't support this at all. The EC finalist struggles just as much during their first round series', if not more so, than their WC counterpart.

And I replied to you. If you don't like what was said just say it, but it's the truth. Half the time the Top Team out East during the regular season spends the entire playoffs busting at the seams. Then they lose to Teams they were "supposedly" better than all year. We saw it last year and it's happening again.

It was the same for Lebron's 60 win Cavs Teams before he started the Great Collusion of the east.

plowking
05-21-2015, 07:45 PM

Hawks
Pacers
Bulls
Heat (I think)
Cavs

Bulls- pretender

Pacers - Pretender

Hawks- Pending

What you're saying is, no matter what the outcome of wins in the regular season, you always expect Bron to come out on top? Basically, you think he is that good? But the rest of the teams are pretenders if they lose to him?

sd3035
05-21-2015, 07:46 PM
Pelicans would have easily won the east

HOoopCityJones
05-21-2015, 07:50 PM
What you're saying is, no matter what the outcome of wins in the regular season, you always expect Bron to come out on top? Basically, you think he is that good? But the rest of the teams are pretenders if they lose to him?

The same has happened to Lebron led Teams though. 08, 09, 10.

The one year he made The Finals in 07 The East was probably the weakest it's ever been. But yea, I do think Lebron is a great player, definitely Top 10.

FLDFSU
05-21-2015, 07:52 PM

Especially when 1/2 of these posters said that Lebron is cancer that makes his team and teammates worse...

So by their own admission, this Cleveland team is worse than last year's 33 win team and therefore what the Cavs are doing is practically a miracle.

HOoopCityJones
05-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Especially when 1/2 of these posters said that Lebron is cancer that makes his team and teammates worse...

So by their own admission, this Cleveland team is worse than last year's 33 win team and therefore what the Cavs are doing is practically a miracle.

Miracle put into context, his third best player is out and Kyrie is hobbled. It's very impressive what they've done so far , but here's the question burning the back of everyone's minds. Do they have the same fortunes out West? Most people would say no.

FLDFSU
05-21-2015, 08:17 PM
Miracle put into context, his third best player is out and Kyrie is hobbled. It's very impressive what they've done so far , but here's the question burning the back of everyone's minds. Do they have the same fortunes out West? Most people would say no.

Then if and when the Cavs make it to the Finals...the reward the West gets is to stream roll the Cavs to a title...

I still have yet to get someone to explain to me why there is all this crying about the Western conference teams.

If you are the Clippers your reward for defeating the Spurs, Rockets, and Warriors is you get to stream roll who ever comes out of the East. Same with any other western conference team.

Same with the NFC vs. AFC in the NFL. The NFC is thought to be the hard conference to make it through...well guess what Seattle, your reward for defeating the superior NFC is you get to beat up on the weaker AFC representative.

I am pretty sure (I think this was the story with the Heat) the Cavs would much rather lose in the first round if they thought they could not beat the Western conference representative.

So this notion about the East representative being eliminated in the first round of a Western conference tournament is largely moot (which I think is complete BS but it doesn't even matter). Whoever comes out of the much superior Western conference gets to cakewalk themselves to an easy ring because the Eastern conference representative wouldn't have even made past the first round of the Western conference bracket.