PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McHale WTF

Smook A.
05-21-2015, 11:44 PM
YOU HAVE 8 ****ING SECONDS LEFT ON THE ****ING CLOCK AND YOU DON'T USE YOUR TIMEOUT?!?! HOLY SHIT WTF JUST HAPPENED!?!?

AND YEAH I AM SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW. THAT WAS A HORRIBLE DECISION BY MCHALE. ****ING HELL!

Jameerthefear
05-21-2015, 11:46 PM
the funny thing is everyone will blame it on harden when he carried the **** out of the team with his playmaking

dazzer87
05-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Harden fault too, he looked confused and couldve called a timeout too...

Fudge
05-21-2015, 11:47 PM
http://kriv.images.worldnow.com/images/6295447_G.jpg

Smook A.
05-21-2015, 11:49 PM
the funny thing is everyone will blame it on harden when he carried the **** out of the team with his playmaking
Anyone who blames Harden for our loss is a dumb ass. Without him, we wouldn't even have had the opportunity to make the potential game-winner. Yeah, he kinda choked on the last possession, but he played a helluva game. ****ing Warriors man. Too good.

Akrazotile
8 seconds (plenty of time) ball in your best player's hands, defense not set, fastbreak with numbers.

Why would you call timeout and let them get their best defender on Harden while you try and inbound it to him.

You arent getting a better chance with a timeout.

Fastbreak > inbound iso.

navy
James Harden was suppose to attack in a nonset defense. That was Harden's fault unless you are forgetting he can call a timeout as well.

CJ Mustard
05-21-2015, 11:50 PM
A lot of teams don't call timeouts in that situation. The ball is already in your best player's hands in transition, most coaches will take that. Harden just choked. He had a head of steam to the basket, then he pulled back and created space for a jump shot.....then he passed the ball to ****ing Dwight Howard on the 3 point line. That is just all time level choking. Only rivaled by CP3 and the Clippers.

Jameerthefear
05-21-2015, 11:50 PM
when he pulled it back and had nothing a timeout should have been called. period. mchale wasn't there.

Genaro
05-21-2015, 11:51 PM
Not McHale's fault. The chance of scoring on a fastbreak is bigger than against Warriors set defense. But let's blame anyone but Harden

DFish24
05-21-2015, 11:51 PM
Not McHale's fault.

Angel Face
05-21-2015, 11:52 PM
Why would he call a timeout with an open lane for Harden to drive? Harden choked plain and simple.

ukfan22
05-21-2015, 11:52 PM
don't deflect

Harden was great all game but at the end he blew it

gts
05-21-2015, 11:53 PM
when he pulled it back and had nothing a timeout should have been called. period. mchale wasn't there.Harden can call time out, he missed an open cutter to the rim, passed it to Howard behind the 3 pint line :wtf: then turned the ball over... Harden had more than enough chances to do the right thing

YouGotServed
Defense wasn't set but Houston didn't space the court. I'd take Harden in the open court over a set defense any day of the week. That was just good defense by GS and bad offense by Houston.

jzek
He must have thought Larry was still playing and thus wouldn't have needed no silly timeout.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-21-2015, 11:54 PM
I like going without a timeout. Barnes was initially out of the play because he fell after the missed layup, so you had a chance at numbers if your team runs back. The ball is already in your best player's hands and the entire defense was out of sorts. 8 seconds is plenty of time that situation. I'd say odds favored a Houston score all things considered.

That's like saying Phil should have a called a timeout after MJ stripped Malone. You let your best player do what he does and this time Harden didn't come through.

bballnoob1192
05-21-2015, 11:56 PM
no one calls a timeout in those open court 7 seconds left in the game fastbreak. harden just over analyzed the situation. i bet anything if it was 5 seconds left when he started running down the court and he had like 2 secs left on the three point line he woulda chucked it and made it. It was just one of those plays that you wish u could do over.

Smook A.
05-21-2015, 11:58 PM
ugh, Im just so incredibly pissed right now. Harden COULD'VE pulled up for a shot but I really think he was nervous. Wish there was a way to go back in time. He played fantastic tonight... just wish he closed out :(

warriorfan
James Harden was suppose to attack in a nonset defense. That was Harden's fault unless you are forgetting he can call a timeout as well.

This

You don't call a time out when the ball is in your best players hand in transition...that is fuccing madness

bdreason
8 seconds (plenty of time) ball in your best player's hands, defense not set, fastbreak with numbers.

Why would you call timeout and let them get their best defender on Harden while you try and inbound it to him.

Fastbreak > inbound iso.

It wasn't a fastbreak. We had 3 guys back, and two of them were on Harden. At the very least, as soon as McHale saw the pass go back to Howard, he should have called a timeout.

Rake2204
I like going without a timeout. Barnes was initially out of the play because he fell after the missed layup, so you had a chance at numbers if your team runs back. The ball is already in your best player's hands and the entire defense was out of sorts. 8 seconds is plenty of time that situation. I'd say odds favored a Houston score all things considered.

That's like saying Phil should have a called a timeout after MJ stripped Malone. You let your best player do what he does and this time Harden didn't come through.Agreed. I actually thought he could have blasted past Thompson on the right (just as he approached half court). Seemed like a downhill situation where Thompson would have been forced to either make a great block at the bucket (and he could have) or put Harden on the line.

I also thought Harden had a possible stepback look before he opted to pass to Howard.

But to be clear, those are the breaks, it happens. Dude played incredibly otherwise. He's basically responsible for his team even to be in that position to begin with.

Jameerthefear
05-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Harden can call time out, he missed an open cutter to the rim, passed it to Howard behind the 3 pint line :wtf: then turned the ball over... Harden had more than enough chances to do the right thing
Coach has to be there though. Doug Collins agrees to. Said there should have been a timeout called when either Dwight got the ball or when Harden pulled it back

Jameerthefear
This

You don't call a time out when the ball is in your best players hand in transition...that is fuccing madness
Well Doug Collins said he would have so I guess you're wrong

BlackVVaves
when he pulled it back and had nothing a timeout should have been called. period. mchale wasn't there.

So Harden couldn't rely on his own basketball intelligence to call a time at any point in that possession once he crossed half court?

He had a remarkable game. He also choked at the end in the most foolish of ways.

k0kakw0rld
05-22-2015, 12:02 AM
Steve Kerr almost lost the game too. The idiot had 2 timeouts before that Curry turnovers.

Real14
05-22-2015, 12:03 AM
Not Kevin McHale's fault bro.

Rake2204
Listening to McHale, I'm totally with him. He's right, I actually think two Warriors were out of the play and as said previously, his best player was in the open floor going downhill, with an opportunity to get to the rim. Just didn't work out.

warriorfan
Well Doug Collins said he would have so I guess you're wrong

OP said call a time out with 8 seconds left when Harden was still untouched in transition, Collins said they should of taken a time out after he got stopped the initial double team at 5 seconds. Hindsight is 20/20

Smook A.
Not Kevin McHale's fault bro.
He could've called a timeout when Harden wasn't calling one. It is partially his fault, imo.

warriorfan
05-22-2015, 12:04 AM
Listening to McHale, I'm totally with him. He's right, I actually think two Warriors were out of the play and as said previously, his best player was in the open floor going downhill, with an opportunity to get to the rim. Just didn't work out.

Yeah I just heard his answer and that is what a few of us were just saying

KDthunderup
05-22-2015, 12:07 AM
It was a fastbreak and the defense wasn't set, Harden zipped up the court as soon as he got the rebound, you could tell he didn't want the timeout.

Akrazotile
It wasn't a fastbreak. We had 3 guys back, and two of them were on Harden. At the very least, as soon as McHale saw the pass go back to Howard, he should have called a timeout.

Yeah but Rockets players were on the way down the wing, if he had played it smarter he could have sucked both defenders back toward him then hit a streaking rocket.

Instead he hesitantly dribbled into the defenders than pulled back out then passed to Deight Howard beyond the arc, got the ball back and did the same thing over again except this time he turned it over before he could pass it to Dwight again.

Jameerthefear
OP said call a time out with 8 seconds left when Harden was still untouched in transition, Collins said they should of taken a time out after he got stopped the initial double team at 5 seconds. Hindsight is 20/20
No i mean i would have let that play on. Just when the initial break was stopped. Either way it was just good D by GS and Houston just didn't have the spacing on that play. If Terry or Ariza are where Howard was maybe they win the game. Crucial mistake but I don't blame it on Harden. He was doubled from the beginning. Thinking back at it it's not as much on McHale as it was just good defense by GS

Jameerthefear
05-22-2015, 12:08 AM
There are like 3 people I'd even thing about blaming before Harden tbh

YouGotServed
05-22-2015, 12:10 AM
There are like 3 people I'd even thing about blaming before Harden tbh

This man knows what he's talking about. Saved, will rep later.

KNOW1EDGE
05-22-2015, 12:14 AM

Fastbreak > inbound iso.

Exactly.

And if he calls a timeout to set up a play and they lose, OP makes thread calling McHale out for calling a t.o and not letting Harden go do his thing and allowing the defense to set up

Spurs5Rings2014
05-22-2015, 12:27 AM
Almost a 40 point triple double and people wanna blame Harden.

:oldlol:

navy
05-22-2015, 12:30 AM
Almost a 40 point triple double and people wanna blame Harden.

That last play was his fault.

Doesnt mean that he didnt play well. He played great. All time stuff had he pulled it through.

gts
05-22-2015, 12:32 AM
How's Dwight's 3 point shot been this year? :lol He should have pulled the trigger

TheBigVeto
05-22-2015, 12:39 AM
Why would he call a timeout with an open lane for Harden to drive? Harden choked plain and simple.

This. He didn't call timeout because he wanted to see if Harden is clutch.
Now he knows.

Akrazotile
05-22-2015, 12:40 AM
How's Dwight's 3 point shot been this year? :lol He should have pulled the trigger

#ShootD12

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2015, 12:43 AM
Could see why some would want a play called, but I liked the gamble. Harden just had an inexplicably terrible possession.

Real14
05-22-2015, 12:51 AM
Now he knows.

JerrySeinfeld
05-22-2015, 12:59 AM
Now he knows.

:lol

J Shuttlesworth
05-22-2015, 01:22 AM
My take on it...

First of all, I like running in that situation. You run the ball and get the defense scrambled and have the ball in your best players hands. Curry and Klay made a great defensive play to double Harden, and Harden missed his opportunity to take a shot, and the opportunity to pass to Jones with a drive to the rim.

As soon as Dwight had the ball at the 3 point line though, McHale should have called a timeout with maybe 2 seconds left for a catch and shoot. That's about as heart breaking of a loss as you can imagine though.. I think it's worse to lose like that than to lose on a buzzer beater.

I have an immense amount of respect for the Rockets after these last two games, and the series against the Clippers. Great team.

Timmy D for MVP
05-22-2015, 02:00 AM
I would not have called a timeout in that situation.

8 seconds is plenty of time to get up the floor and get a good look. Harden had an angle but didn't like what he saw. I don't even mind pulling it back out, but to pass it to a late trailing player was a panic move and cost them a shot.

I think too many teams automatically call a timeout. With a team as good defensively as GSW I like trying to get a bucket against an unset defense.

Two games in a row they had poor late game execution. That's the type of thing that will keep you from the Finals.

imnew09
05-22-2015, 02:07 AM
a good coach would've called a timeout to draw a good play. Set screens/ find the open man.

Only scenario you wouldn't call a timeout is when you have:
MJ,Kobe,Bird

LiLharvard
05-22-2015, 02:39 AM

just stop just stop, pretending to be a retard whilst on an alt account has gotten old.

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Nah... I dont think this was the issue, cmon Smook... afterwards people would have said, why take a TO?!?!? YOU CAN PUSH IT IN TRANSITION AND GET AN EASY ONE!!!

They had their shot.

Smook just looking for a reason to push blame.. you really thought this was the problem?!

SCREWstonRockets
05-22-2015, 09:10 AM
That was the right call, just bad execution. Harden in a scramble coming down court is a good option

Jon_Koncak
05-22-2015, 09:24 AM
The moment Harden gets the ball there is a Golden state player literally on the floor and another out of bounds!Takin a time out there would be the most stupid thing to do.

Rake2204
05-22-2015, 09:24 AM
I would not have called a timeout in that situation.

8 seconds is plenty of time to get up the floor and get a good look. Harden had an angle but didn't like what he saw. I don't even mind pulling it back out, but to pass it to a late trailing player was a panic move and cost them a shot.

I think too many teams automatically call a timeout. With a team as good defensively as GSW I like trying to get a bucket against an unset defense. I agree with all of that. I'd love to see games end like that more often (not with a botched last shot, but with the game literally coming down to player's running ability to make decisions on the fly).

Harden had some downhill opportunities but instead he got frantic. It happens. In a different situation, it could have been the Warriors defense that got frantic (actually, they kind of were).

I even think that it's possible to say that Harrison Barnes' layup was a little anti-clutch too. It seemed like he attempted that playing knowing and thinking that the game was on the line. Watching how players respond in those moments is most definitely both intriguing and thrilling.

Calling time-outs make sense in many scenarios but I agree it's overdone. How often do time-outs lead to highly difficult fallaway attempts against a set defense? Harden had an opportunity in this case and it just didn't work out.