PDA

View Full Version : It doesn't matter what GSW does....

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 12:23 AM
Cleveland will kill them in the Finals , I know it looks like Golden State's year , but this is lowkey the 2012 Playoffs all over again. Thunder killin the entire West all post season, literally beat the three Teams who owned the West since the early 00's, Lakers, Spurs, Mavs , then got completely dismantled in The Finals by a more experienced Heat squad.

Of course this is all just my opinion , but whats stopping the Cavs superior experience from kicking in when it counts? It might not seem like it now , but the Vet leadership presence on that Team could push them over the Top, even apart from LBJ.

JR, Marion, Miller even Perkins whack ass have all played in big games before, it's less so about what they can do and more about knowledge of certain situations imo. Then again Houston is completely shitting on my theory since they have more rotation players who have been to The Finals outta any other Team in the playoffs. Still the way The Cavs are playing under Lebron's guidance , I would not be surprised.

JerrySeinfeld
05-22-2015, 12:25 AM
lol this ain't 2012 all over again because the Warriors don't start two guys as inept offensively as Sefolosha and Perkins, and it also ain't 2012 because the officiating, no matter how slanted people will say it is in favor of LBJ, isn't even half as bad as it was for all of the 2012 playoffs.

the reason we got to see flop after flop after flop by Miami in the postseason that year? The refs kept calling it as if they were actually that dumb and not just biased.

KG215
05-22-2015, 12:29 AM
The 2012 Heat were better than this hobbling, Love-less version of the Cavs.

dazzer87
05-22-2015, 12:31 AM
OP comparing this Cavs team to the Heat.......:facepalm

bballnoob1192
Cleveland will kill them in the Finals , I know it looks like Golden State's year , but this is lowkey the 2012 Playoffs all over again. Thunder killin the entire West all post season, literally beat the three Teams who owned the West since the early 00's, Lakers, Spurs, Mavs , then got completely dismantled in The Finals by a more experienced Heat squad.

Of course this is all just my opinion , but whats stopping the Cavs superior experience from kicking in when it counts? It might not seem like it now , but the Vet leadership presence on that Team could push them over the Top, even apart from LBJ.

JR, Marion, Miller even Perkins whack ass have all played in big games before, it's less so about what they can do and more about knowledge of certain situations imo. Then again Houston is completely shitting on my theory since they have more rotation players who have been to The Finals outta any other Team in the playoffs. Still the way The Cavs are playing under Lebron's guidance , I would not be surprised.
:facepalm
first off warriors 2015 might be better than 2012 thunders. second off 2012 heat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015 cavs.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
I could see that happening, but only because the Warriors will beat themselves up in this Conference Finals (injuries, fatigue, etc). GS are definitely better coached though, and in my opinion, a less flawed team all things considered.

Anyway, I fully expect this series with Houston to go 6-7 games; home court being a huge advantage.

Magic 32
05-22-2015, 12:32 AM
So May.

Spurs m8
05-22-2015, 12:34 AM
So many self important dickheads with shit opinions tbh

Mr Feeny
05-22-2015, 12:35 AM

Do you know ANYTHING about basketball?

Mr Feeny
05-22-2015, 12:36 AM

This.

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 12:36 AM
The 2012 Heat were better than this hobbling, Love-less version of the Cavs.

I never said the Cavs were better , I said this feels like a similar situation.

Collie
05-22-2015, 12:38 AM
You have it reversed. The Warriors are the 2012 Heat.

livinglegend
05-22-2015, 12:39 AM

This.

Mr Feeny
05-22-2015, 12:41 AM
I never said the Cavs were better , I said this feels like a similar situation.Yeah but you're not factoring in the team's components. They don't have the perimeter defense that the 2012 Heat did. They don't have Love to spread the floor. Lebron isn't close to the 2012 Lebron James. Miami's role players were all big time players. There's no Chalmers there to score 25 points in a close in a pivotal game 4 when Lebron is hampered.

Most importantly, they can't trap and rotate. They're playing a jump shooting juggernaut. They can't afford to just let their center leave his man. If Kerr plays Green, this should be over in 4. Who can the Cavs guard?

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 12:43 AM
Do you know ANYTHING about basketball?

Oh the irony.

Bro you've never made a decent contribution here before in your life, you're a bullshit alt. Like Ive told you many times, talk to me without a fake account, Pu$$y.

Funny part you're the main fa99ot here who'll try to talk big shit if The Cavs win the title. go suck some d!ck like you're good at, bitch.

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 12:44 AM
Yeah but you're not factoring in the team's components. They don't have the perimeter defense that the 2012 Heat did. They don't have Love to spread the floor. Lebron isn't close to the 2012 Lebron James. Miami's role players were all big time players. There's no Chalmers there to score 25 points in a close in a pivotal game 4 when Lebron is hampered.

Most importantly, they can't trap and rotate. They're playing a jump shooting juggernaut. They can't afford to just let their center leave his man. If Kerr plays Green, this should be over in 4. Who can the Cavs guard?

The content of this thread is about EXPERIENCE where GSW lacks it. Or do you not know how to read?

This is a fuccing legit concern and half the people talking their shit are the main ones are gonna try to stroke LBJ off post June.

Mr Feeny
05-22-2015, 12:48 AM
The content of this thread is about EXPERIENCE where GSW lacks it. Or do you not know how to read?

This is a fuccing legit concern and half the people talking their shit are the main ones are gonna try to stroke LBJ off post June.

Riiiiggghttttt. Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving, and Iman Shumpert all have solid title winning experience:applause:
Enough to offset an enormous discrepancy in talent:applause:

When you're getting called an idiot in your own thread by multiple people, it tells you how dumb your thread is. Hold this L, I have to have my tea..

dazzer87
05-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Riiiiggghttttt. Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving, and Iman Shumpert all have solid title winning experience:applause:

When you're getting called an idiot in your own thread by multiple people, it tells you how dumb your thread is. Hold this L, I have to have my tea..
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 12:50 AM

*sigh* Didn't mention any of those guys. :confusedshrug:

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 12:52 AM

Tea is for pu$$ies , so it suits you. :lol

Like I said Lebron stans just doing damage control just in case, half of you ho's waiting in the wind.

Crose
05-22-2015, 12:56 AM
lol this ain't 2012 all over again because the Warriors don't start two guys as inept offensively as Sefolosha and Perkins, and it also ain't 2012 because the officiating, no matter how slanted people will say it is in favor of LBJ, isn't even half as bad as it was for all of the 2012 playoffs.

the reason we got to see flop after flop after flop by Miami in the postseason that year? The refs kept calling it as if they were actually that dumb and not just biased.wow interesting how a heat fan would say this

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10418505&postcount=8

you are russwest0 admit it

Collie
05-22-2015, 12:58 AM

Aside from Lebron, the other Cleveland players barely have playoff experience. And I'm talking about the guys who actually play, not end of bench guys like Marion (who has played a massive total of 3 games) or Perkins.

Let's take a look at their most played guys experience in the playoffs before this season (excluding Lebron):

Irving: 0 playoff games
Thompson: 0 playoff games
Mozgov: 7 playoff games
Shumpert: 13 playoff games
J.R. Smith 51 playoff games

Aside from JR Smith, basically all inexperienced.

For GS (excluding Curry):

Klay: 19 games
Green: 19 games
Barnes: 19 games
Bogut: 17 games
Iguodala: 48 games
Livingston: 24 games

We're not talking 07 Spurs vs Cavs here. Unless you think Shawn Marion and Perkins are suddenly gonna become 10 years younger soon.

tpols
05-22-2015, 01:00 AM
2 things...

Scottie brooks versus kerr.. kerr knows what it takes to win a championship.. the pace, the perserverence, the never letting up. After KD shit on bran and the heat game 1, I feel like they got cocky and crumbled so bad When the heat bounced back.

And steph having nobody to guard him with kyrie hurt.. KD had to face lebron and batter at peak defensive form. Whose curry facing ? Delladovas beaver ass rofl.. GS also has a big frontcourts advantage but tristan thompson always scares me.

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 01:00 AM
Aside from Lebron, the other Cleveland players barely have playoff experience. And I'm talking about the guys who actually play, not end of bench guys like Marion (who has played a massive total of 3 games) or Perkins.

Let's take a look at their most played guys experience in the playoffs before this season (excluding Lebron):

We're not talking 07 Spurs vs Cavs here.

Only two names with Zero there bro :wtf:

How far you willing to reach? Put up Marion, Jones and Miller's games, which is mostly who the original post is referring to, you already put JR.

tpols
05-22-2015, 01:07 AM

We're not talking 07 Spurs vs Cavs here. Unless you think Shawn Marion and Perkins are suddenly gonna become 10 years younger soon.

What does it matter if guys like green and klay have 19 games? That's literally nothing.. like 1 run or so.. it doesn't make them vets or anything.

For comparison.. compare playoff experience with true vet teams the Spurs last year or 2011 mavs.. that's 100s of games of experience.. that's when it shows. Not after 19 pre prime games.. klay and green are still babies and Curry really is too.

It's all about kerr providing that veteran knowledge and leadership that OKC coach could never do

Legends66NBA7
05-22-2015, 01:14 AM
More posts comparing the current Warriors with the 12 Thunder. Just because there's a similarity, doesn't mean history will repeat for things already mentioned.

-Golden State plays better defense than OKC.
-Golden State is deeper than OKC. Can throw different players on offense and defense
-While OKC has better ISO scorers and players, Golden State has better passing, 3 point shooting and Kerr's coaching is better too. I think that's a better strategy than overdoing ISO plays.
-12 Heat were a better team (players and veterans) than the current Cavs; 12 LeBron is on much a higher level than current LeBron.

I can't really see how the Cavs are going to win the series at the moment... certainly not the way the Heat against the Thunder.

Mr Feeny
05-22-2015, 01:27 AM
More posts comparing the current Warriors with the 12 Thunder. Just because there's a similarity, doesn't mean history will repeat for things already mentioned.

-Golden State plays better defense than OKC.
-Golden State is deeper than OKC. Can throw different players on offense and defense
-While OKC has better ISO scorers and players, Golden State has better passing, 3 point shooting and Kerr's coaching is better too. I think that's a better strategy than overdoing ISO plays.
-12 Heat were a better team (players and veterans) than the current Cavs; 12 LeBron is on much a higher level than current LeBron.

I can't really see how the Cavs are going to win the series at the moment... certainly not the way the Heat against the Thunder.

Unfortunately, OP has only been watching basketball for the past couple of years and has no idea what he's talking about. The 2012 Thunder and current warriors have nothing in common. Nor do the 2012 Heat and current Cavs.

J Shuttlesworth
05-22-2015, 01:32 AM
Not even close. Love is out, and Kyrie is maybe 30% of his normal self. If those guys were 100% healthy, they would have a legit shot to beat the Warriors, but it would still be close.

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 01:38 AM
Unfortunately, OP has only been watching basketball for the past couple of years and has no idea what he's talking about. The 2012 Thunder and current warriors have nothing in common. Nor do the 2012 Heat and current Cavs.

Bruh, Ive legit been watching basketball longer than your simple ass. :roll:

Go to sleep AW.

Spurs m8
05-22-2015, 01:43 AM
OP is a massive punish, lrn2bbll

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 01:45 AM
Why some of you getting so ass hurt , half of you want the Cavs to win deep down anyway.

Cocaine80s
05-22-2015, 01:46 AM
Why some of you getting so ass hurt , half of you want the Cavs to win deep down anyway.
Cavs are getting really underrated here

They will beat the Warriors in 6

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 01:56 AM
Not even close. Love is out, and Kyrie is maybe 30% of his normal self. If those guys were 100% healthy, they would have a legit shot to beat the Warriors, but it would still be close.

Yea, you guys have been saying this since The Bulls series and it still hasn't meant shit. :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
05-22-2015, 01:57 AM
Yea, you guys have been saying this since The Bulls series and it still hasn't mean shit. :confusedshrug:
You can't really be comparing the Bulls or Hawks to the Warriors.

You're really making this comparison after dogging on the east for being so shitty?

tpols
05-22-2015, 01:58 AM

You're really making this comparison after dogging on the east for being so shitty?

Wait.. so, the west is better by that much ?

HOoopCityJones
05-22-2015, 02:01 AM

It's not about the East vs West comparisons , it's about how good The Cavs have looked despite being hobbled.

If this was about East vs West I would've addressed it in the Op, we've had enough of those threads for one week imo.

It's really just experience and when it kicks in could that be the difference maker for The Cavs.

J Shuttlesworth
05-22-2015, 02:06 AM
It's not about the East vs West comparisons , it's about how good The Cavs have looked despite being hobbled.

If this was about East vs West I would've addressed it in the Op, we've had enough of those threads for one week imo.

It's really just experience and when it kicks in could that be the difference maker for The Cavs.
They beat the Bulls more because the Bulls are just garbage and self-imploded. They won 1 game in Atlanta with JR going off. JR can't drop that regularly.

Actually, I think the Cavs have a starting 5 that can compete with the Warriors starting 5, but it's the depth that will get the Cavs in the end. We're talking about guys like Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, James Jones opposed to guys like Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, Iggy, etc.

Then again, I hope you're right for obvious reasons :lol

Cocaine80s
05-22-2015, 02:08 AM
They beat the Bulls more because the Bulls are just garbage and self-imploded. They won 1 game in Atlanta with JR going off. JR can't drop that regularly.

Actually, I think the Cavs have a starting 5 that can compete with the Warriors starting 5, but it's the depth that will get the Cavs in the end. We're talking about guys like Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, James Jones opposed to guys like Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, Iggy, etc.

Then again, I hope you're right for obvious reasons :lol
Barnes starts though

also youre forgetting JR & Delly.

This will be a close series imo

JebronLames
05-22-2015, 02:10 AM
Warriors destroy cavs because 2012 Lebron >>> 2015 LeRondo/LeCan'tfinishattherim/LeCan'thandletheball

Relinquish
05-22-2015, 02:19 AM

the reason we got to see flop after flop after flop by Miami in the postseason that year? The refs kept calling it as if they were actually that dumb and not just biased.

The reason we got to see OKC in the finals that year? The refs.