PDA

View Full Version : The Reason Kevin Mchale Didnt Call A Timeout

JerrySeinfeld
05-22-2015, 12:29 AM
Was in the hopes that his superstar could do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKJUzN81-iY

JerrySeinfeld
05-22-2015, 12:36 AM
notice there is no play in place, nothing setup, just Durant dribbling the ball down the floor with the mentality that he is going to take the shot and live with the results.

Harden looked scared on that final possession, passing out to Howard on the 3pt line... :facepalm TAKE THE SHOT NIGGUH!

navy
05-22-2015, 12:38 AM
Didnt Durant lose that series in 5 and choke away every fourth quarter after that one?

FKAri
05-22-2015, 12:41 AM
Didnt Durant lose that series in 5 and choke away every fourth quarter after that one?

OP right now:

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/awkward.gif

JerrySeinfeld
05-22-2015, 12:42 AM

Lmao, what does that have to do with Kevin McHale?

redboy
05-22-2015, 12:45 AM
When you don't call time out, defenses don't have a chance to set up. Considering that Harden has made a bunch of tough shots in the series on Klay, not calling time out wasn't a bad decision. I doubt anybody would criticize McHale if he did take a time out there, but in basketball, sometimes you just let a hot player do their thing.

k0kakw0rld
05-22-2015, 12:47 AM
Two choke artists and ex teammates. What a stack Western conference :oldlol: Full of chokers :applause:

Bobcats2013
05-22-2015, 12:50 AM
I love how Klay when he saw Harden pass it to Dwight was like "nikka please" and kept on defending Harden. didn't even look at Dwight.

bballnoob1192
05-22-2015, 01:11 AM
Two choke artists and ex teammates. What a stack Western conference :oldlol: Full of chokers :applause:
http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/lebronkawhi.gif

Springsteen
05-22-2015, 02:35 AM
I remember that game fondly, a truly great game winner. :applause:

Too bad Tony Allen was rent free in Durant's head that series.

JerrySeinfeld
05-22-2015, 02:38 AM
I remember that game fondly, a truly great game winner. :applause:

Too bad Tony Allen was rent free in Durant's head that series.

lol I don't even think it was just Allen that series, but the whole Grizzlies team.

Brooks on the fly improvisation without Westbrook was hilarious.

He just had Durant running point from the top of the key, getting triple teamed and firing up jumpers while Fisher, Sefolosha, Perkins did nothing

fragokota
05-22-2015, 04:25 AM
lol I don't even think it was just Allen that series, but the whole Grizzlies team.

Brooks on the fly improvisation without Westbrook was hilarious.

He just had Durant running point from the top of the key, getting triple teamed and firing up jumpers while Fisher, Sefolosha, Perkins did nothing

KD choked big time in this series. He even said that Allen's D got into his head. Wtf are you talking about?

JerrySeinfeld
05-22-2015, 04:34 AM
KD choked big time in this series. He even said that Allen's D got into his head. Wtf are you talking about?

IDK man I thought he said Allen's d got into his head this last series, but nonetheless I'd think Allen would be a tough cover regardless, even moreso with no Westbrook and with Ibaka an even lesser threat than he is today

I don't even know how OKC managed to win one game that series. It took Durant putting up 35/15/6 and somehow playing good defense on Gasol to win that one game but after that you saw how big of a team mismatch it was. All the Grizzlies had to do was triple Durant and beg anyone else on the floor to beat them.

Asukal
05-22-2015, 04:35 AM
http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/lebronkawhi.gif

Most epic leshook moment! :applause:

no pun intended
05-22-2015, 04:38 AM
I miss Durant.

JerrySeinfeld
05-22-2015, 04:43 AM
I miss Durant.

he has so many moments like the one in the OP that don't show up on these arbirtary leESPN "clutch" stats, it's crazy.

The year he made the finals he had 3 unofficial game winners (just not buzzer beaters) in the playoffs alone and started that same year off with a ridiculous buzzer beater vs the mavericks who won the finals the year prior.

and then you have moments like whatever game it was last year where OKC was down like 8 points left with a minute in OT and then Durant goes full Durant

I mainly just miss having a superstar as real as Durant while also being unique. Curry is cool but he doesn't seem as unique as Durant because Durant is basically Curry in a 7 footers body with the wingspan of a ****ing pterodactyl