PDA

View Full Version : How is Dwight any different from DeAndre Jordan?

Braincells
05-22-2015, 06:04 AM
Both have no post game and are complete liabilities on the freethrow line. The series would be over if Dwight had some semblance of an offensive repertoire. How sad is it that the 21 year old rookie Clint Capela is the better offensive prospect.

SyRyanYang
05-22-2015, 06:07 AM
Jordan has ZERO post game, literally. 99% of his points come from lobs and put backs.

As bad as Dwight is, he can score in the post, against average defenders at least.

His quickness allows him to get past bigger/slower defenders. He also has a decent touch around the rim.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-22-2015, 06:17 AM
Dwight can score 1-on-1 in the post most of the time. He sucks at reacting to double teams...he's also a better FT shooter and has better touch around the basket...Jordan is a better athlete, though (and that's saying something)

Fallen Angel
05-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Dwight can defend the post.

Collie
05-22-2015, 06:47 AM
Dwight is an effective post scorer, it just looks ugly. You could give him the ball and expect him to create his shot down low with reasonable success.

outbreak
05-22-2015, 07:13 AM
Dwight is an effective post scorer, it just looks ugly. You could give him the ball and expect him to create his shot down low with reasonable success.
I think he is effective in the post these days mainly due to positioning, either way he's reliable enough to run plays for where as djs offense is put backs

JellyBean
05-22-2015, 07:31 AM
Deandre competes harder than Dwight. All of the skills Dwight possesses, he is getting out worked an out played.

Prime_Shaq
05-22-2015, 07:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGjdKQPz9uo

Eric Cartman
05-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Current version of Howard is better than Deandre, let alone prime Dwight.

To answer the question: more skilled/talented.

Jameerthefear
05-22-2015, 08:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGjdKQPz9uo
well yeah i mean
pretty much any version of orlando dwight is miles ahead of deandre
but currently there isn't that much of a difference between them. deandre is more athletic.

Jameerthefear
05-22-2015, 08:58 AM
dwight isn't an effective post scorer at all. not high enough % and turns it over too much. idk why people say that. he hasn't been since he has left.
there was a reason when dwight was in orlando everyone in the NBA doubled him as soon as he got the ball in the post. now his post game is ineffective

rezznor
05-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Dwight's still Playing

spiegel
05-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Dwights good for a oooopp here and there and a pick and roll but god help an offense using him as a post threat

Fallen Angel
05-22-2015, 09:59 AM
I wanna see Deandre as the main offensive option like how Dwight was for us against Portland last year.

I wanna see Deandre shut down a player. Jordan got his shit pushed in by 40 year old Tim Duncan while Dwight neutralized prime Blake Griffin in Game 6.

yeaaaman
05-22-2015, 12:37 PM
well yeah i mean
pretty much any version of orlando dwight is miles ahead of deandre
but currently there isn't that much of a difference between them. deandre is more athletic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zM_CzaMCbo

When have you ever seen DJ make 1 of these moves?

Jameerthefear
05-22-2015, 12:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zM_CzaMCbo

When have you ever seen DJ make 1 of these moves?
that's cool but dwight doesn't do that consistently anymore. he's not a good post player and not someone you really want to dump it down to anymore. he hasn't been since he was in orlando.

yeaaaman
05-22-2015, 01:02 PM
that's cool but dwight doesn't do that consistently anymore. he's not a good post player and not someone you really want to dump it down to anymore. he hasn't been since he was in orlando.

Doing that even sometimes separates him from DJ by leaps and bounds.

Jameerthefear
05-22-2015, 01:05 PM
Doing that even sometimes separates him from DJ by leaps and bounds.
not really

Kblaze8855
05-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Dwight has used used more moves in individual games than I've seen out of Deandres entire career.....

outbreak
05-22-2015, 04:46 PM
I know what you are saying but when he gets position he is still effective. He isn't dominant like in orlando though where even without position he would score

oarabbus
05-22-2015, 06:29 PM
Dwight's still Playing

This :lol Deandre has Blake AND Cp3. Howard only has Harden

YouGotServed
05-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Braincells stay losing while I stay losing brain cells.

OP so dumb he lowers the iq of the room.

bobeticus
05-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Jordan has ZERO post game, literally. 99% of his points come from lobs and put backs.

As bad as Dwight is, he can score in the post, against average defenders at least.

His quickness allows him to get past bigger/slower defenders. He also has a decent touch around the rim.

Dwight at his best is a great lowpost player... he didn't bring the magic all the way to the Finals if he wasn't that good, he was just hobbled by injuries and that thing in Lakers put down his game low...