PDA

View Full Version : The weak east doesn't matter

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Fact

If Lebron beats the best from the west in the NBA finals

Then the weak eastern conference doesn't matter

If you are making hypotheticals about western teams having much more success in the east, then because Lebron beat the best from the west, you can say the exact same shit for the Cavs in the western conference.

See what the problem is here about assuming something based on team records?

Lebron beat the best from the west 2 years in a row. And he did it with an ailing Dwyane Wade and an injured to non existant Chris Bosh

Genaro
05-22-2015, 05:06 PM
It matters when the West champion has to beat 2 or 3 teams with 50 wins while the East champion has to beat 1 or 2. Both teams go to the same place but the path is harder

J Shuttlesworth
05-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Fact:

in 2012, the Celtics took the Heat to 7 games. The Thunder lost in 5 games WITH HCA

In 2013, the Spurs took the Heat to 7 games, just like the Pacers did.. and the almighty WCF only took 6 games for the Spurs to close out OKC

Weak west

J Shuttlesworth
05-22-2015, 05:08 PM
It matters when the West champion has to beat 2 or 3 teams with 50 wins while the East champion has to beat 1 or 2. Both teams go to the same place but the path is harder
Warriors played two 50 win teams

The Cavs are facing a 50 win team, and a 60 win team.

WEAK WEST

raprap
05-22-2015, 05:11 PM

WEAK WEST
:eek:

Never knew the west is this weak! Thanks shuttles!

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Oh because regular season records are the be all end all of measuring the difficulty of a teams path to the NBA finals?

2012 Thunder? Sweep, 4-1, 4-2

2012 Heat? 4-1, 4-2, 4-3

Heat beats Thunder 4-1

2013 Spurs? Sweep, 4-2, Sweep

2013 Heat? Sweep, 4-1, 4-3

Heat beats Spurs 4-3

J Shuttlesworth
05-22-2015, 05:12 PM
:eek:

Never knew the west is this weak! Thanks shuttles!
These cats don't know how hard life is in the WILD WILD EAST :cheers:

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Why is it that these so called colossus west teams are being swept? Is it because the best from the west it THAT good? Then I ask... How did the best from the measly east beat them? Twice? And yet, the best from the east had a harder road to the finals?

So if Miami beat OKC and SAS in the finals... Who both smoked the west with ease... Then best hypothesis is that Miami would too.... Right?

Genaro
05-22-2015, 05:15 PM

WEAK WEST
Warriors and Cavs are already in the Finals? This year is a exception BTW. Usually there's just two 50 win teams in the East.

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Oh but if you think that hypothesis to too much a stretch then I'd say the exact same about saying the west teams would dominate in the east playoffs

J Shuttlesworth
Warriors and Cavs are already in the Finals? This year is a exception BTW. Usually there's just two 50 win teams in the East.
Virtually. 2-0 Warriors and the Cavs already have HCA back

Indian guy
In LeBron's 9 postseasons(06-14), the EC finalists have actually lost more games through the first 3 rounds than the West. So spare us the "tougher path" crap. For LeBron's 2 rings, the first 3 rounds round in 2012 were also tougher than the Finals. And the '13 Spurs proved to be no tougher than the '13 Pacers. Both teams took Miami to 7 games.

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Are we really going to delude ourselves into saying that any of Golden State's rounds so far have been as tough as the Cavs series with the Bulls? Don't be fooled. The Cavs were down 2-1 and behind 15 points late in the third quarter of game 4... That series could have easily been an easy Chicago win

livinglegend
05-22-2015, 05:19 PM

Then, the weakest conference of all-time this year crap should stop.
By your logic, Cavs are having a very tough road to the finals.
They are facing 50 and 60 wins teams with injured 2nd and 3rd options.
This should be one of the toughest road to the finals ever...by your logic.

Genaro
05-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Oh because regular season records are the be all end all of measuring the difficulty of a teams path to the NBA finals?

2012 Thunder? Sweep, 4-1, 4-2

2012 Heat? 4-1, 4-2, 4-3

Heat beats Thunder 4-1

2013 Spurs? Sweep, 4-2, Sweep

2013 Heat? Sweep, 4-1, 4-3

Heat beats Spurs 4-3
Heat were without Bosh or with him injured in 2012. They don't lose that many games if he's healthy.

Spurs who were a great and dominating team (Heat barely beat them in 13) got Lakers without Kobe, Nash and Blake (There were DL players starting FFS) and got Memphis instead of the Thunder because Westbrook was out, so their path was easier that it would be under normal circumstances.

BlakFrankWhite
05-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Lol.

Even the crippled Thunder would beat half the teams of the east.

Spurs,Grizzlies,Clippers would go on a raping spree in the east(name me one team that could beat them?)

Genaro
05-22-2015, 05:24 PM
Then, the weakest conference of all-time this year crap should stop.
By your logic, Cavs are having a very tough road to the finals.
They are facing 50 and 60 wins teams with injured 2nd and 3rd options.
This should be one of the toughest road to the finals ever...by your logic.
Do you really think that Bulls is a better team that the Grizzlies or the Hawks is better than the Rockets?
Winning 50 in the West and in the East have a different weight.

livinglegend
05-22-2015, 05:24 PM
Heat were without Bosh or with him injured in 2012. They don't lose that many games if he's healthy.

Spurs who were a great and dominating team (Heat barely beat them in 13) got Lakers without Kobe, Nash and Blake (There were DL players starting FFS) and got Memphis instead of the Thunder because Westbrook was out, so their path was easier that it would be under normal circumstances.

Good job for admitting that Heat didn't benefit from playing in EC in 2012 in 2013.

livinglegend
05-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Do you really think that Bulls is a better team that the Grizzlies or the Hawks is better than the Rockets?
Winning 50 in the West and in the East have a different weight.

How about 60?
Isn't it great that Cavs are competing against a 60 wins team without their 2nd and 3rd option?

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 05:25 PM

... But it's the Deep as **** west right? The conference that is 8 deep right? 50 win teams!

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2015, 05:27 PM
You're right. The Eastern Conference is an irrelevant wasteland compared to the West.

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 05:30 PM
You guys are missing the point

You dummys are the same guys that try and pull the "It only matters if you win in the finals" while also saying "They had an easy as **** path to the east so that ring has an asterix"

If it is all about winning in the finals then that nullifies the path there

Even though difficulty through the conference playoff rounds IS NOT BASED ON TEAM RECORD. I will repeat that. IT IS NOT BASED ON TEAM RECORD. It is based on the results in the series. Same as the west. Heat got taken to 7 games multiple times during their 2peat. Majority of which occured IN THE EASTERN PLAYOFFS. They even backdoor SWEPT the best from the west in 2012...

GOBB
05-22-2015, 05:30 PM
GSW vs Wizards
GSW vs Cavs
GSW vs Bulls
GSW vs Hawks

Rockets vs Wizards
Rockets vs Cavs
Rockets vs Bulls
Rockets vs Hawks

7 game series, who do you have winning?

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 05:31 PM
GSW vs Wizards
GSW vs Cavs
GSW vs Bulls
GSW vs Hawks

Rockets vs Wizards
Rockets vs Cavs
Rockets vs Bulls
Rockets vs Hawks

Cavs beat Rockets and that's all that matters

livinglegend
05-22-2015, 05:32 PM
GSW vs Wizards
GSW vs Cavs
GSW vs Bulls
GSW vs Hawks

Rockets vs Wizards
Rockets vs Cavs
Rockets vs Bulls
Rockets vs Hawks

livinglegend
05-22-2015, 05:33 PM
You guys are missing the point

You dummys are the same guys that try and pull the "It only matters if you win in the finals" while also saying "They had an easy as **** path to the east so that ring has an asterix"

If it is all about winning in the finals then that nullifies the path there

Even though difficulty through the conference playoff rounds IS NOT BASED ON TEAM RECORD. I will repeat that. IT IS NOT BASED ON TEAM RECORD. It is based on the results in the series. Same as the west. Heat got taken to 7 games multiple times during their 2peat. Majority of which occured IN THE EASTERN PLAYOFFS. They even backdoor SWEPT the best from the west in 2012...

I have been saying this the last 2 years.
Nobody gets it.

J Shuttlesworth
05-22-2015, 05:35 PM

Rockets are without 2 starters and are in the WCF

#WEAKWEST
#WILDWILDEAST

BlakFrankWhite
05-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Still answered my question guys

Which team from the east could beat spurs,grizz or clippers

GOBB
05-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Cavs beat Rockets and that's all that matters

Get off Bron d!ck, spit out his balls. And just answer the question. Is it that hard?

livinglegend
05-22-2015, 05:37 PM
The reality of this forum is that most wants to talk about hypothetical situations because they know they can't be proven wrong.
They never talk about actual facts.
When they talk actual facts, they get owned, just like I owned Hoopsjones (whatever his name is) in the other thread.

livinglegend
05-22-2015, 05:38 PM
Still answered my question guys

Which team from the east could beat spurs,grizz or clippers

Useless hypothetical question.

all 8 east playoffs teams would beat them.
Prove me wrong!

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 05:39 PM
The bottom line is this

If GSW smokes the Cavs in the finals

The weak east wont matter

because GSW smoked the west too

And it's all about winning in the finals right?

Surely those colossus west teams could have beaten GSW right? Oh wait. The best from the west ALREADY had their shot at them. And they lost. And for San Antonio... They lost to a BETTER Clippers team, who lost to a BETTER Rockets team, who will most likely lose to a BETTER Warriors team. It's not that the Spurs didn't get a chance to face GSW... the fact is they LOST to a team that LOST to a team that will LOSE to GSW... If you stretch to say that these great west teams will do so good in the east then I can say what I just said about the spurs. It is an equal stretch of a hypothesis that is ACTUALLY based on playoff results to an extent... Not just reg season team records...

But if the Cavs beat GSW

Then they beat the team that beat the team that beat the team that beat San Antonio. They beat the best from the west. So THEORETICALLY the Cavs would beat ALL the west teams. Right? It is as much a stretch as saying the west teams would do better in the east.

SourSamCassell
05-22-2015, 05:41 PM
The bottom line is this

Surely those colossus west teams could have beaten GSW right? Oh wait. The best from the west ALREADY had their shot at them. And they lost. And for San Antonio... They lost to a BETTER Clippers team, who lost to a BETTER Rockets team, who will most likely lose to a BETTER Warriors team. It's not that the Spurs didn't get a chance to face GSW... the fact is they LOST to a team that LOST to a team that will LOSE to GSW... If you stretch to say that these great west teams will do so good in the east then I can say what I just said about the spurs. It is an equal stretch of a hypothesis that is ACTUALLY based on playoff results to an extent... Not just reg season team records...

But if the Cavs beat GSW

Then they beat the team that beat the team that beat the team that beat San Antonio. They beat the best from the west. So THEORETICALLY the Cavs would beat ALL the west teams. Right? It is as much a stretch as saying the west teams would do better in the east.
:eek: :applause:

Ether.

GOBB
05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
The bottom line is this

But if the Cavs beat GSW

I agree here.

raprap
05-22-2015, 05:46 PM
The bottom line is this

But if the Cavs beat GSW

:applause:

J Shuttlesworth
05-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Lol.

Even the crippled Thunder would beat half the teams of the east.

Spurs,Grizzlies,Clippers would go on a raping spree in the east(name me one team that could beat them?)
I'm sorry, I don't speak Western Conference. Please come again in Beastern conference.

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry, I don't speak Western Conference. Please come again in Beastern conference.
:roll:

BlakFrankWhite
05-23-2015, 12:30 AM

:oldlol:

Ok,good one

Magic 32
05-23-2015, 12:33 AM

Don't steal our jokes.

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2015, 03:46 AM
It's not your joke you ****ing moron it's YGS'

warriorfan
05-23-2015, 03:52 AM
It's not your joke you ****ing moron it's YGS'

excuse me professor of ISH

what a fa g :lol

Leroy Jetson
05-23-2015, 09:18 AM
You people are delusional. I hope you realize that every single team in the Southwest conference made the playoffs, meaning they had to beat each of those teams 4 times, they also had to face the warriors, clippers and blazers 3 times. The rockets, spurs and grizzlies still had a better record than the Cavs. The Spurs and Clippers had a tougher first round opponent than the Cavs will face until they meet the warriors. And don't try to say Atlanta is better, they dropped two games to the nets and two to the wizards with an injured wall most of the series. Any playoff team in the west sweeps the nets no problem. If the east is so strong why did they have like 3 players making the all nba teams?

Bernkastel
05-23-2015, 10:50 AM
The bottom line is this

But if the Cavs beat GSW

I can't wait for the West babies' tears when the East smokes them this year. :applause:

Akrazotile
05-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Bottom line is Bran > Kobe and it aint even close.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-23-2015, 11:04 AM
You people are delusional. I hope you realize that every single team in the Southwest conference made the playoffs, meaning they had to beat each of those teams 4 times, they also had to face the warriors, clippers and blazers 3 times. The rockets, spurs and grizzlies still had a better record than the Cavs. The Spurs and Clippers had a tougher first round opponent than the Cavs will face until they meet the warriors. And don't try to say Atlanta is better, they dropped two games to the nets and two to the wizards with an injured wall most of the series. Any playoff team in the west sweeps the nets no problem. If the east is so strong why did they have like 3 players making the all nba teams?

:applause:

Das it mane. Kill these fools with facts. Where DMAVS at? Let's bring up the Least's record vs the Best. Let's bring up how teams with losing records make the play offs in the Least while 50 wins in the Best isn't even safe. And that's WITH playing against far more Best teams during the regular season. If the conferences are equal, how about every team face each other same number of times? No more Best teams facing each other more? How about dat, bwois?

:no:

Beastmode88
05-23-2015, 11:16 AM
Bottom line is Bran > Kobe and it aint even close.

kobe was beating duncan in his prime.. lebron barely beat a 37 year old duncan in 13 and got smoked by a 38 year old duncan. :biggums:

tomtucker
05-23-2015, 11:38 AM
exactly

comerb
05-23-2015, 11:57 AM
The west really wasn't that good this year. The Spurs had a down year and OKC was a total nonfactor. The Clippers and the Warriors where the only two good teams, and the Clippers choked their asses off and lost to a relatively mediocre houston team.

Having said that, the East has been putrid. There simply isn't any competition for an injured Cavs team. The Bulls were pathetic and the Hawks are laying down.

tpols
05-23-2015, 11:59 AM
But if the Cavs beat GSW

Uh.. no, because matchups and rest. Cavs are going to get to rest kyrie, an all nba caliber player for TWO WHOLE weeks potentially, to get him ready for the Finals.

What if the cavs had to go 6/7 games in the first round against Houston or spurs.. then another 6/7 against memphis or clippers, than another 6/7 against Golden State?

Kyrie would be in a fking wheelchair right now.

Not only that but say the cavs have a..

55% chance of losing to golden state
45% chance of losing to the rockets
40% chance losing to the spurs

(and those are generous figures)

That means through those three rounds they have a 15% chance of making it out alive. Compared to a 45% chance of beating just one of those teams one time.

Do you not see how drastically it lowers their title chances? All it takes is ONE of the western elites to get hot and its over.

Jon_Koncak
05-23-2015, 12:18 PM
Just abolish conferences and have every team play against each other 3 times.Enough with the crappy east.What purpose do conferences and divisions serve,seriously?We're in 2015,teams move on luxurious lear jets.The travel excuse wont cut it anymore.

ILLsmak
05-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Sad we can never discuss bball cuz both sides are trolling to the level of stupidity.

Pm me for real bball discussion.

-Smak

ILLsmak
05-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Not only that but say the cavs have a..

55% chance of losing to golden state
45% chance of losing to the rockets
40% chance losing to the spurs

(and those are generous figures)

That means through those three rounds they have a 15% chance of making it out alive. Compared to a 45% chance of beating just one of those teams one time.

Do you not see how drastically it lowers their title chances? All it takes is ONE of the western elites to get hot and its over.

That's a sloppy stat cuz its not a dice roll. The winning and momentum would change the percentage. No way its as low as 15. They def have a low chance of beating gsw. The other teams its a toss up. But the thing about east is they are facing teams that apparently cannot win vs them.

Id put their chance of beating gsw at like 25%. It'd be a dirk vs mia lvl ring.

-Smak

kamil
05-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Are we really going to delude ourselves into saying that any of Golden State's rounds so far have been as tough as the Cavs series with the Bulls? Don't be fooled. The Cavs were down 2-1 and behind 15 points late in the third quarter of game 4... That series could have easily been an easy Chicago win

Bulls were overrated.

1~Gibson~1
05-23-2015, 12:46 PM
For a Western Conference team to win the trophy, they'd have to beat FOUR 50+ wins team.

For an Eastern Conference team to win the trophy, they'd have to beat only THREE 50+ wins team.

We already know that the West > East, but dont over exaggerate the situation. As it stands, the best teams in the East were basically given a first round bye. After that, it was up for grabs between ATL/Chicago/Washington/CLE.

1~Gibson~1
05-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Bulls were overrated.If you get beat by a lebron james led team or if you beat a lebron james led team, you should expect for the word "overrated" to be used.

tpols
05-23-2015, 01:00 PM
That's a sloppy stat cuz its not a dice roll. The winning and momentum would change the percentage. No way its as low as 15. They def have a low chance of beating gsw. The other teams its a toss up. But the thing about east is they are facing teams that apparently cannot win vs them.

Id put their chance of beating gsw at like 25%. It'd be a dirk vs mia lvl ring.

-Smak

Well.. I just looked at the seedings. They'd play

@Hou
@spurs/clippers
@GS

So you think they have a 25% chance of beating GS? But what are your percentages on beating Houston and the Spurs? Those are some nightmare matchups. They would not be favored in any of those series..

Vs

Celtics 90% chance of winning
Bulls 50% but after pau injury, 70%
Hawks 80%

Their odds are just drastically greater out east. It really is like a dice roll though. If they can continuously beat teams that they arent favored against, thats a low level occurence. Thats like the dirk ring you mentioned. But Dirk had to go through the west. Lebron went through the east.

Dirks odds were something like

Blazers 60% chance to win..
Lakers 45%
OKC 55% (with their built momentum)
MIA 40%

Lebrons current odds are

Celtics 90%
Bulls 50% (pau/love injury cancel out + thomspon raping to make up diff)
Hawks 75%
GS 40%

If you compare the bolds Dirk's team never got to face such low level competition. They played very similar to current cavs actually.. tough defense and shooting. But Dirk had a quality opponent for every round. His odds were much much lower thans Lebrons.

2011 Mavs might sweep to the Finals in the 2015 east.

Dro
05-23-2015, 01:10 PM
At the same time, since the West has to beat "tougher" teams, it could be argued that they are more battle tested, more playoff tested when they get to the Finals so that should be an advantage for them, correct? You can't have it both ways..I agree with the OP, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. If the Cavs beat the best in the West, it doesn't matter. Just because the West may play better teams doesn't mean they are "more worn down". I hate that stupid, vague, catch phrase.

How are they more worn down? Are they playing harder? No. Are they playing longer games? No, its still 48 minutes. The fact is that a team has to play hard whether are playing the Nets or the Warriors. Please stop with the excuses, constantly trying to tear down another man's accomplishments. Again, stop acting like GIRLS. Man up and just give a player/team their due.

PJR
05-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Why is the East being weak only a point of contention when it comes to discussing LeBron James? :oldlol:

Magic 32
05-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Why is the East being weak only a point of contention when it comes to discussing LeBron James? :oldlol:

Because his fans thinks that beating this wasteland of garbage qualify him as as the GOAT.