PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs would not be contenders without LeBron, but he IS NOT carrying them.

aburre21
05-23-2015, 02:24 AM
You can't be considered to be carrying your team shooting such an abysmal percentage from the field. He's like 7 for 50 from three and he can't buy a jumpshot this post season. He has not been great by any stretch of the imagination and the other players (Tristan, Jr) have been a huge reason why the Cavs have one, sometimes even being a bigger reason than Lebron himself.

Go back and look at Bron from 2009. That's carrying a team. That's being great and playing lights out. It's a shame he had no bigs that could defend and in turn made Dwight look like Shaq in his prime in the ECF

J Shuttlesworth
05-23-2015, 02:30 AM
Assisted or scored on 60 points. LeBron helps put his teammates in situations to get wide open buckets. I think he assisted on 8 or 9 three pointers tonight

SpaceJammeR
05-23-2015, 02:33 AM
Yes he is. Leading the team in scoring, rebound and assist. And being the team leader while his 2nd and 3rd option is out or injured is carrying the team. Because of lebrons versatility they can win games without love or irving.

Rose'sACL
05-23-2015, 02:43 AM
are you saying that lebron's biggest weapon all these years was his 3 point shooting ?
are you saying the best finisher at the rim of all time is not impacting games without 3 pointers?

inclinerator
05-23-2015, 02:44 AM
he makes everyone better just with his presence

bobeticus
05-23-2015, 02:46 AM
Assisted or scored on 60 points. LeBron helps put his teammates in situations to get wide open buckets. I think he assisted on 8 or 9 three pointers tonight

This.

Thread backfired...

\thread

tmacattack33
05-23-2015, 02:46 AM
You can't be considered to be carrying your team shooting such an abysmal percentage from the field. He's like 7 for 50 from three and he can't buy a jumpshot this post season. He has not been great by any stretch of the imagination and the other players (Tristan, Jr) have been a huge reason why the Cavs have one, sometimes even being a bigger reason than Lebron himself.

Go back and look at Bron from 2009. That's carrying a team. That's being great and playing lights out. It's a shame he had no bigs that could defend and in turn made Dwight look like Shaq in his prime in the ECF

You must be talking about the Bulls series...because yes, Lebron wasn't great in that series.

But he's been ballin' vs Atlanta and you're gonna have to deal with it.

aburre21
05-23-2015, 02:58 AM
You must be talking about the Bulls series...because yes, Lebron wasn't great in that series.

But he's been ballin' vs Atlanta and you're gonna have to deal with it.
:biggums: I'm a LeBron fan :lol

I want nothing more than to see him get hot, start hitting his jumper, and go on an all time great scoring run and win a ring...but me being a fan doesn't cloud my judgment. He has not been close to great. He's been painful to watch sometimes honestly. Turnovers, holding/pounding the ball, looking pitiful in iso situations, bricking jumper after jumper. I expect better but its ok if you don't.

Relinquish
05-23-2015, 03:36 AM
:biggums: I'm a LeBron fan :lol

I want nothing more than to see him get hot, start hitting his jumper, and go on an all time great scoring run and win a ring...but me being a fan doesn't cloud my judgment. He has not been close to great. He's been painful to watch sometimes honestly. Turnovers, holding/pounding the ball, looking pitiful in iso situations, bricking jumper after jumper. I expect better but its ok if you don't.

What do you expect? Perfect games EVERY game? I'll never understand why people hold Lebron to impossible standards. :biggums:

Spurs5Rings2014
05-23-2015, 11:25 AM
What do you expect? Perfect games EVERY game? I'll never understand why people hold Lebron to impossible standards. :biggums:

How about holding him to shooting better than 7 for 50 from down town.

:oldlol:

Bran stans, doe.

Rose'sACL
05-23-2015, 11:29 AM
No one is holding him down. His shot isn't falling down. He is just too versatile so he scores by other ways like playing in the post or driving to the rim. He is also rebounding really well plus his assist almost always result in a 3.

MellowYellow
05-23-2015, 11:45 AM

your players have to be good to knock down those shots.... if he was passing it to himself his team woulda got bounced by the hobbled no offense bulls.

BigBoss
05-23-2015, 11:52 AM

Why is this impressive? He has the ball most of the time. The guy who passes to LeBron would have good stats for the hockey assist.

Fire Colangelo
05-23-2015, 11:55 AM
your players have to be good to knock down those shots.... if he was passing it to himself his team woulda got bounced by the hobbled no offense bulls.

Pretty sure NBA scrubs can hit their open shots, especially perimeter players

MellowYellow
05-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Pretty sure NBA scrubs can hit their open shots, especially perimeter players

nope, shump and JR couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in an empty gym before they got to cleveland.

HurricaneKid
05-23-2015, 12:24 PM

JR was 3/8 and was a -4 last night. He was the opposite of impactful. Add in that he was roasted defensively on a number of occasions and I'd comfortably say was a net negative on the night.

What people don't get about how LBJ changes the defense is just how much attention he gets from the help defenders and how much that helps guys like Shump, TT, etc. Thompson's man often has to step up to cut off LBJ leaving room for TT to get outstanding position, etc. Thompson is a great offensive rebounder on his own, but having LBJ has helped his cause.

LeBron has done it ALL offensively. While some of his individual stats have slowed, notably in the Chi series, the team's offense has not suffered at all. Despite losing KLove and Kyrie (he hasn't been anything like his normal self all playoffs) with LeBron at the helm Cle has had an ORTG for the playoffs (facing 3 good defenses) of 111.0. Thats actually a fair amount better than Curry's 108.1.

3ball
05-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Lebron simply has REALLY GOOD PLAYERS at every position - almost ALL of them acquired via trades.

Kyrie is a really good player.

Mosgov is a really good player.

JR Smith is a really good player (although his stats are down from previous yrs)

Shumpert is a really good player.

Tristan Thompson is a really good player.

Compare to the GOAT - MJ could only dream of having TWO solid bigs in Mosgov and Thompson.. and don't try to tell me Kerr and BJ Armstrong are as good as Shumpert and JR Smith

FPJ
05-23-2015, 12:27 PM
The Cavs would not be contenders without LeBron, but he IS NOT carrying them.

Would you bet your life on it?

Lebron simply has REALLY GOOD PLAYERS at every position - almost ALL of them acquired via trades.

JR Smith is a really good player (although his stats are down from previous yrs)

Compare to the GOAT - MJ never had this many really good players - He could only dream of having TWO solid bigs in Mosgov and Thompson.. and don't try to tell me Kerr and BJ Armstrong are as good as Shumpert and JR Smith

Are you one of those idiotic Lebron stans that create an alt to say dumb things about him so other people give him props?

HurricaneKid
05-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Why is this impressive? He has the ball most of the time. The guy who passes to LeBron would have good stats for the hockey assist.

How about this:

Over the course of the playoffs LeBron, with Shumpert, Delly, etc around him (doing EVERYTHING as you say) has led the Cavs to a 111.0 ORTG. While Steph has led the Warriors (with that insane supporting cast) to an ORTG of 108.1.

edrick
05-23-2015, 12:34 PM

Compare to the GOAT - MJ could only dream of having TWO solid bigs in Mosgov and Thompson.. and don't try to tell me Kerr and BJ Armstrong are as good as Shumpert and JR Smith

You honestly just put Mosgov, JR, Shump, and TT in the same group as Kyrie? :facepalm :roll:

News flash, anyone playing in the NBA is a good player, you dumb ****s. There are different NBA talent levels though, stop ignoring it.

3ball
05-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Would you bet your life on it?

Lebron IS carrying them, but not nearly as much as other players before him (MJ, Dirk, Shaq), plus Lebron has REALLY GOOD PLAYERS at every position..

Better than MJ's Bulls - MJ only had 1 good big on his team (either Grant or Rodman) - he never had TWO solid bigs in Mosgov and Thompson..

and don't try to tell me Kerr and BJ Armstrong are as good as Shumpert and JR Smith.. :rolleyes:

Also, Lebron plays in an era where players like him (athletic wings) have a greater built-in advantage than previous era wings - today's spacing, plus the bans on paint-camping and hand-checking have "opened up the game" for today's perimeter player, as the league intended (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/04/09/stujackson/index.html).

HurricaneKid
05-23-2015, 12:46 PM

Kyrie hasn't been right in 4 weeks. And the others are not good players, they are ADEQUATE players.

You want to take a look at the ESPN list of the top 500 players before the season started and see where these guys were ranked before they teamed up with LeBron?

Duderonomy
05-23-2015, 01:06 PM
He is a big part of their success for sure but the 3pt shooting % will have to level out eventually. I like that the hawks aren't changing their offense when the Cavs get hot. Horford has the ability to turn up I think the Hawks will split in Cleveland. Cavs in 6 most likely.

J Shuttlesworth
05-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Because it's his driving/playmaking that draws the defenders away from the perimeter shooters. The moment he gets to the paint, defenders sag off the shooters because LeBron is like a 70% scorer in the paint. It's not exactly rocket science. The attention he demands will get his teammates open, and he'll make the smart play