PDA

View Full Version : You know the haters are ****ing shook when

ISHGoat
05-23-2015, 11:48 AM
they resort to discrediting an entire conference to discredit the play of one man.

if he wins this year, theyre going to discredit this whole season and era too :roll:

BigBoss
05-23-2015, 11:50 AM
Cavs would be the 7th seed in the West

SpecialQue
05-23-2015, 11:53 AM

:applause:

MellowYellow
05-23-2015, 11:53 AM
If they pull off a miracle and beat the warriors there will be no excuses, but nothing we have seen suggests they would even win one game against them.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Is he NOT playing in a dogsh!t conference though? :confusedshrug:

Akrazotile
05-23-2015, 12:06 PM

Hawks would be the 2nd.

ISHGoat
05-23-2015, 12:08 PM
Is he NOT playing in a dogsh!t conference though? :confusedshrug:

yes his conference is relatively week, but with the way its being portrayed by haters on this board youd think it was nba vs dleaguers or college kids or something. you guys act like lebron isnt single handedly DOMINATING an entire nba conference

no matter how weak a conference is, when you can be SO MUCH head and shoulders above everyone else, maybe its not that everyone else is weak, its just that lebron is amazing

rzp
05-23-2015, 12:18 PM
If they pull off a miracle and beat the warriors there will be no excuses, but nothing we have seen suggests they would even win one game against them.

O rly? completly embarrassing a 60-win team, that plays GSW similiar style, doesn't suggest they can't win a single fking game against them??

lmao, keep hoping dude.

Fudge
05-23-2015, 12:19 PM
O rly? completly embarrassing a 60-win team, that plays GSW similiar style, doesn't suggest they can't win a single fking game against them??

lmao, keep hoping dude.
What?

UK2K
05-23-2015, 12:24 PM
Probably worse, they'd be playing a WC schedule.

Think they would drop a few more games playing in the SW division? I do. 8th seed at best.

UK2K
05-23-2015, 12:25 PM
I would have been shocked had the Cavs NOT made the finals, even after losing Love.

Once there though, it's a crap shoot. This 2/5 stuff with Lebron is old.

FPJ
05-23-2015, 12:26 PM

Here's something that will blow your basketball knowledge, teams don't play every regular season game like it's their last.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-23-2015, 12:44 PM
yes his conference is relatively week, but with the way its being portrayed by haters on this board youd think it was nba vs dleaguers or college kids or something. you guys act like lebron isnt single handedly DOMINATING an entire nba conference

no matter how weak a conference is, when you can be SO MUCH head and shoulders above everyone else, maybe its not that everyone else is weak, its just that lebron is amazing
This is the problem though. Your ilk continues to regurgitate a narrative that just isn't true. I mean, how is LeBron "single handily dominating" while shooting a career low percentage; a percentage that is below league average?

No matter how bad they were in NY, Shumpert and Smith have been playing out of their minds. And how about Thompson/Delly? They've been great role players this entire postseason run. Fact of the matter is the Cavs have everything you need when looking for championship pedigree (defense/rebounding/shooting), and this despite missing their 2nd and 3rd best players.

Yeah I give LeBron credit for being the driving force, but I also recognize his teammates play amid the bleak eastern conference.

The Finals should give us more perspective - on everything, in my opinion.

1~Gibson~1
05-23-2015, 12:51 PM
If Cavs played in the Western Conference they'd probably finish 3rd or 4th this years after the slow start.

But at the end of the day, this:

For a Western Conference team to win the trophy, they'd have to beat FOUR 50+ wins team.

For an Eastern Conference team to win the trophy, they'd have to beat only THREE 50+ wins team.

We already know that the West > East, but dont over exaggerate the situation. As it stands, the best teams in the East were basically given a first round bye. After that, it was up for grabs between ATL/Chicago/Washington/CLE.

inclinerator
05-23-2015, 12:56 PM
why move the cavs to the west, if lebron joins a west team they would be stacked af

Magic 32
05-23-2015, 12:59 PM
But at the end of the day, this:

At the end of the day you have to play 3 or 4 quality teams in the west, all of them presenting different challenges and matchups to overcome.

In the east you play 3 flawed teams and move on.

ISHGoat
05-23-2015, 01:03 PM
At the end of the day you have to play 3 or 4 quality teams in the west, all of them presenting different challenges and matchups to overcome.

In the east you play 3 flawed teams and move on.

yes cos the playing the pelicans, and then the grizzlies with 2 starters injured, and then a dwight howard (who kobe stans love to shit on) led team with 2 starters out playing 42 year old jason terry big minutes is such a big challenge right?

Magic 32
05-23-2015, 01:04 PM
yes cos the playing the pelicans, and then the grizzlies with 2 starters injured, and then a dwight howard (who kobe stans love to shit on) led team with 2 starters out playing 42 year old jason terry big minutes is such a big challenge right?

Quality teams.

http://i.imgur.com/ZaDdx2c.gif

Fudge
05-23-2015, 01:05 PM
This is the problem though. Your ilk continues to regurgitate a narrative that just isn't true. I mean, how is LeBron "single handily dominating" while shooting a career low percentage; a percentage that is below league average?

No matter how bad they were in NY, Shumpert and Smith have been playing out of their minds. And how about Thompson/Delly? They've been great role players this entire postseason run. Fact of the matter is the Cavs have everything you need when looking for championship pedigree (defense/rebounding/shooting), and this despite missing their 2nd and 3rd best players.

Yeah I give LeBron credit for being the driving force, but I also recognize his teammates play amid the bleak eastern conference.

Damn, kid straight up dodged you and your post. :oldlol:

ISHGoat
05-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Quality teams.

http://i.imgur.com/ZaDdx2c.gif

rockets are a fuking joke. they choked both games away badly. plus, the only reason rockets are in the wcf is because the clippers are also a joke and choked even more badly in the second round. west is a cake walk this year. real finals is this ECF

1~Gibson~1
05-23-2015, 01:07 PM

In the east you play 3 flawed teams and move on.Other than Golden State, every team out west have flaws also.

Since the East is being criticized so much, check this out:
In the East, teams play ball with fewer possessions which causes each team to have to be more efficient. I dont see that in the West (other than GS). Teams run up and down the court, throwing up crazy shots, turning it over alot, post players cant shoot free throws.

If you ask me, the West is kinda overrated. Better than the East for sure, but overrated. They all play reckless/out of control, and most of their point totals are overrated because of the fast-pace.

So at the end of the day, they score a lot of points, and points win you games. But you have to play defense if you want to win the ship. Which is why i believe these Eastern teams are just as legit as the West.

ISHGoat
05-23-2015, 01:08 PM

yes, the finals will give us more perspective when lebron wins his 3rd fmvp.

isnt it funny that all 5 or whatever of their role players are stepping up when playing next to lebron in the playoffs?

delly
smith
shumpert
thompson
mozgov
jones

these are all guys on their rookie contract or earning like 3m a year. they woud win like 15 games. in the Least.

so youre saying its just a fluke all of these bench players are stepping up at the same time, and they just so happen to play lebron? I guess lebron has nothing to do with ENTIRE team playing out of their mind right?

Magic 32
05-23-2015, 01:12 PM
rockets are a fuking joke. they choked both games away badly. plus, the only reason rockets are in the wcf is because the clippers are also a joke and choked even more badly in the second round. west is a cake walk this year. real finals is this ECF

6 out of 8 WC playoff teams could have beaten the Cavs.

1 team will beat the Cavs.

Indian guy
05-23-2015, 01:14 PM
The level of fear LeBron invokes in his detractors is unprecedented. Never have so many fanbases been so shook by 1 player.

ISHGoat
6 out of 8 WC playoff teams could have beaten the Cavs.

1 team will beat the Cavs.

haters resort to conjecture :hammerhead:

sportjames23

I can see them getting a win vs GS. Maybe even two if GS gets complacent. But more likely, GS would stomp them in 4 or 5 games.

Alamо
05-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Lebron is pretty much the only top 10 player in the east. He's playing against a bunch of kids.

PJR
05-23-2015, 01:24 PM
It's pretty hilarious how the East being weak is only a point of contention when discussing LeBron James.

No one ever harped on this shit when we were talking about teams like 2004 Pistons or the 2008 Celtics, it's only a topic when we're talking about LeBron. I wonder why?

50 win Bulls, and 60 win Hawks, are now "overrated" and "flawed" now because they're not presenting a big enough of a hurdle for LeBron.

If this LeBron led team goes on to somehow beat the Warriors, there is not a single thing you could take away from it. Not a single thing.

Now that LeBron no longer plays for the Heat, I kind of hope he loses, but it would be quite entertaining to see all the Kobe stan gooks die slow deaths inside, along with the rest of the irrational haters of James. :oldlol:

Magic 32
05-23-2015, 01:24 PM
haters resort to conjecture :hammerhead:

2/6 is all the information I need.

Magic 32
05-23-2015, 01:27 PM
No one ever harped on this shit when we were talking about teams like 2004 Pistons or the 2008 Celtics

2 of the 3 great teams in the east this century.

The rest have been trash.

PJR
05-23-2015, 01:30 PM
2 of the 3 great teams in the east this century.

The rest have been trash.

They too had the advantage of playing in the "Weak East"...so why isn't that brought up 24/7? :confusedshrug:

Stay consistent, clowns.

Magic 32
05-23-2015, 01:32 PM
They too had the advantage of playing in the "Weak East"...so why isn't that brought up 24/7? :confusedshrug:

Stay consistent, clowns.

Because none if their players is hailed as GOAT.

3ball
05-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Lebron's Isolations in Game 2

Today's spacing allows Lebron to face only 1 defender on strongside - weakside floor-spreaders lure the rest away!!!

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/60edafbed8d187680e60fbc7ad5e81de.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/5f6d4329b3bcca4b79bf694fe56dfe1e.gif

Same as Game 1.. Only 1 defender on strongside:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-22-2015/WAhpK1.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-22-2015/4KTtgX.gif

In GIF below from Game 2, spacing & defensive 3 seconds keeps weakside defenders out of paint, so Lebron gets wide open layup - but in previous eras, there was no spacing and paint-camping was legal, so there would've been SEVERAL defenders waiting in paint:

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/4905e3abfe54fefbacda35389f5a7579.gif

Today's spacing provides more space & time on isos than before:

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/25bde9c0143a7aedc6ab86aceb16500f.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/d5a0b197808393565f7b2c84e18fb361.gif

It's clear as day - today's spacing and existence of weakside floor-spreaders lures defenders away from the strongside and enables players to face LESS defenders on the strongside than previous eras..

In addition to the porous strongside defense caused by weakside floor-spreaders, the spacing provides more time and room for players to operate.. It also combines with the bans on paint-camping and hand-checking to "open up the game" for perimeter players, as the league intended (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/04/09/stujackson/index.html).

Hizack
06-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Win or lose, the LEastern conference has to be discredited.