PDA

View Full Version : Picks 5-10 in the draft

el gringos
05-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Everyone seems so sure that the top 4 are locked in. So that's not worth talking about. But picks 5-10 sure are. Who do you rank in those spots? Which players and teams match best?

Porzingis
WCS
Winslow
Mario
Booker
Johnson
Turner

Who else belongs in the discussion? What teams could trade in or out?

outbreak
05-23-2015, 03:27 PM
Hezonja porzingis winslow cauley stein are the candidates for the 5th i imagine

noob cake
05-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Hezonja, Stanley Johnson, Trey Lyles

Booker is mos likely not a top 10 pick.

The JKidd Kid
05-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Magic- Porzingis
Kings- WCS
Nuggets- Winslow
Detroit- Hezonja
Charlotte- johnson
Heat- Turner

Taller than CP3
05-23-2015, 05:17 PM
Are they any good? Can the Cavs get them?

el gringos
05-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Are they any good? Can the Cavs get them?
They can't trade love at the draft can they?

el gringos
05-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Hezonja porzingis winslow cauley stein are the candidates for the 5th i imagine
I think you're right, and that it's such a difficult group to compare. IMO 2 of the safest picks in the draft are WCS and Winslow, because they fit almost anywhere and immediately become a very good role player. Then you have porzingis and Mario who are tough to judge with coming from a different background but seeming to have more superstar potential.

I always am interested in the draft, this years draft seems more interesting than most IMO. I really like 8 or 10 players at the top and some others down the way

outbreak
05-23-2015, 05:36 PM
I think you're right, and that it's such a difficult group to compare. IMO 2 of the safest picks in the draft are WCS and Winslow, because they fit almost anywhere and immediately become a very good role player. Then you have porzingis and Mario who are tough to judge with coming from a different background but seeming to have more superstar potential.

I always am interested in the draft, this years draft seems more interesting than most IMO. I really like 8 or 10 players at the top and some others down the way

agree wouldn't be surprised if one of those guys becomes one of the top players in this draft it's just hard to tell who

el gringos
05-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Magic- Porzingis
Kings- WCS
Nuggets- Winslow
Detroit- Hezonja
Charlotte- johnson
Heat- Turner
Had somebody tell me that porzingis and WCS shouldn't even be in the conversation about what the Knicks should do at 4. My argument is that if like you're predicting that they are 2 of the next guys off the board then they should absolutely be considered. I hope okafor is taken at 2 and that both pg's are a level above the rest of the draft, but I'm just not sure the gap is so huge that you don't even consider the next group

el gringos
05-23-2015, 05:42 PM
agree wouldn't be surprised if one of those guys becomes one of the top players in this draft it's just hard to tell who
The magic have a huge luxury here. They pick first (after the group of 4 "locks") and they aren't starving for a young guy to be a huge contributer. Of course they need to hit on their pick just like any other team but they could take a guy that needs a bit of time more than the Knicks or lakers in their current situation

My other question is are there any teams 5-10 needing a guard bad enough to trade up w the lakers, sixers, or Knicks?

el gringos
05-23-2015, 06:00 PM
I should have put Looney in there. If private workouts make teams believe that he is an nba 3 then he jumps right up.

SG
1- Winslow
2- Mario
3- booker
4- Johnson
5- oubre

SF
1-looney
2- dekker

True SF is as usual hard to find. Dekker is a possible top 10 pick, also fits almost every 11-14 team

Eric Cartman
05-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Magic-Winslow
Kings- WCS
Nuggets- Hezonja
Detroit- Porzingis
Charlotte- Kaminsky
Heat- Lyles

el gringos
05-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Magic-Winslow
Kings- WCS
Nuggets- Hezonja
Detroit- Porzingis
Charlotte- Kaminsky
Heat- Lyles
Could definitly see a team falling in love w kaminsky or lyles.

Everyone seems to see Winslow, porzingis, Mario, and WCS "in a tier"?

So.........?
Towns
-----
Okafor
-------
Mudiay
Russell
---------
WCS
Porzingis
Mario
Winslow
---------
Turner
Johnson
Oubre
Booker
Kaminsky
Dekker
Lyles
Looney

Good draft. ESP if upshaw or Dakari Johnson turn out, or if any of the next wave of pg's do

JimmyMcAdocious
05-23-2015, 06:24 PM
I don't think a lot of the secondary guys (outside top 4) will be that good, imo, but I see a lot of solid rotational players all the way to the end of the first round.

Eric Cartman
05-23-2015, 06:44 PM
I don't think a lot of the secondary guys (outside top 4) will be that good, imo, but I see a lot of solid rotational players all the way to the end of the first round.

It's almost a sure thing that there will be an all star after the top 4 picks, probably more, look at every draft ever.

Who knows maybe Sam Dekker turns out to be the superstar of the draft or some crazy shit like that son.

MellowYellow
05-23-2015, 07:02 PM
5- hezonja
6- winslow
7- wcs
8- mudiay
9-stan the man
10- Kaminsky

Eric Cartman
05-23-2015, 07:04 PM
5- hezonja
6- winslow
7- wcs
8- mudiay
9-stan the man
10- Kaminsky
Who do the Knicks pick?

Also, Kings would be stupid to not pick WCS.

MellowYellow
05-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Who do the Knicks pick?

1 KAT
2 Porzingis/Okafor
3 Russel
4 Porzingis/Okafor

MellowYellow
05-23-2015, 07:15 PM
Who do the Knicks pick?

They already have DMC?

Eric Cartman
05-23-2015, 07:19 PM
Okafor is a lock for the #2, we won't consider anyone else.

Knicks on the other hand, you never know what those crazy pricks will do, maybe pick Porzingis (doesn't look awfully impressive) cause Mudiay is a bad triangle fit?

Still, it's possible Russell will be available when the Knicks pick if Sixers pick Mudiay.

MellowYellow
05-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Okafor is a lock for the #2, we won't consider anyone else.

Knicks on the other hand, you never know what those crazy pricks will do, maybe pick Porzingis (doesn't look awfully impressive) cause Mudiay is a bad triangle fit?

Still, it's possible Russell will be available when the Knicks pick if Sixers pick Mudiay.
Porzingis looks sick, unlimited range and can shoot off the dribble. He screams Dirk clone to me.

Eric Cartman
05-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Porzingis looks sick, unlimited range and can shoot off the dribble.
link or gtfo

MellowYellow
05-23-2015, 07:23 PM
link or gtfo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWOjHoJ-U6A

Eric Cartman
05-23-2015, 07:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWOjHoJ-U6A

Doesn't rebound, play defense, no post game and soft as charming

Bargnani 2.0

Eric Cartman
05-23-2015, 07:43 PM
Not even saying Bargnani as disrespect, look at Bargs very similar highlights coming out:

https://youtu.be/KzqJyADNaJI

Fit is very important with Porzingis, with the teams picking in the top 10, I'd say Detroit or Miami would be dope as f*ck.

Both have defensive/rebounding bigs and need some floor spacing. Hell prime healthy Bargnani would be awesome on the Pistons/Heat.

T_L_P
05-23-2015, 07:44 PM
Doesn't rebound, play defense, no post game and soft as charming

Isn't this the Lakers in a nutshell?

el gringos
05-23-2015, 07:45 PM
1 KAT
2 Porzingis/Okafor
3 Russel
4 Porzingis/Okafor
Love it. Porzingis should definitely be an option for ny. Decide if mudiay is a future all nba talent, or go for porzingis is my thoughts. WCS third option at 4

Eric Cartman
05-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Isn't this the Lakers in a nutshell?
Not the 15-16 version :banana:

JimmyMcAdocious
05-23-2015, 07:55 PM
It's almost a sure thing that there will be an all star after the top 4 picks, probably more, look at every draft ever.

Who knows maybe Sam Dekker turns out to be the superstar of the draft or some crazy shit like that son.

Well sure, like probably every draft. But that 5-14 doesn't look that much better than the guys in the teens and there's some really high upside/very safe 20-30 picks.

el gringos
05-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Well sure, like probably every draft. But that 5-14 doesn't look that much better than the guys in the teens and there's some really high upside/very safe 20-30 picks.
Like who? I don't see it. I think it's a good top 15 and then a really weak rest of the draft. There doesn't seem to be much international talent outside the top couple. I like Andrew Harrison and Norman Powell, and think there's big potential in Dakari and upshaw but not sure who else. Who you thinking ?

Dr. Cheesesteak
05-23-2015, 10:56 PM
They already have DMC?
And I think Porzingis would complement DMC better.

Plus new VPoBO Vlade will be making the pick. I'm guessing he goes w/ a foreigner.

Either way, Kings need a good complementary big for Cousins. The problem w/ JT is he's just DMC-light. Cousins can beast it down low, or play the pick-n-roll/pop. Whatever big is paired w/ him needs to be another beast down low while Cousins plays mid-range, or a stretch 4.

WCS and Porzingis are the only 2 options Kings should even consider, here. Maybe Lyles or Turner at PF? I think Dekker is a dark horse for the Kings to reach on, given Karl's play style...

el gringos
05-23-2015, 11:48 PM
I think Dekker is a dark horse for the Kings to reach on, given Karl's play style...
Not that crazy of a thought. A kings fan would hope they'd trade back for that pick but that's not ever as easy as it sounds.