imnew09
05-23-2015, 09:00 PM
First he leg locked on the Bulls, then crushed into the Hawks leg :wtf: :wtf:

Alamо
05-23-2015, 09:02 PM
It's okay, the Warriors have a Bogut

Fudge
05-23-2015, 09:03 PM
I hope he does the same to the little boy.

RedBlackAttack
05-23-2015, 09:04 PM
He's a very dangerous individual.

Ask Mike Miller...

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/B3FB-CoNqedw_17CvvbKTNzrjMQ=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3353306/millernuts.0.gif

Taller than CP3
05-23-2015, 09:11 PM
First, it was Ric Flair's figure four, now it's Kurt Angle's ankle lock.

Stephen Curry is done.

imnew09
05-24-2015, 09:36 PM
better be careful curry

Straight_Ballin
05-24-2015, 09:38 PM
He was just going for the lose ball. Horford with the flagrant 2. Ejected. Deal with it.

sick_brah07
05-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Delladova is a typical australian basketball player lol what a moron .. i like cleveland but **** this dirty rat

asd
05-24-2015, 09:42 PM
At full speed, I once ran head-first into my buddy's head (he was running at full speed too) going for a loose ball, and the impact knocked us both out. Sh*t happens.

Genaro
05-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Everyone that gets the Cavs in the playoffs has someone hurt. Warriors better take care.

IGOTGAME
At full speed, I once ran head-first into my buddy's head (he was running at full speed too) going for a loose ball, and the impact knocked us both out. Sh*t happens.

then you arent a basketball player...that shit doesn't happen. only happens when you're playing with non-basketball players. There is a certain rhythm you develop as a bball and unwritten rules you follow. Very rarely do people not follow those rules and the majority of the people who don't are usually multi-sport dudess(bball isnt there primary sport or it always wasn't).

Done_And_Done
Dude looks like he hasn't washed his face in months. Just wanna slap that innert look off of him.

TheMilkyBarKid
05-24-2015, 09:45 PM
If he can get under the skin of big boys like taj gibson and horford he should be able to leave curry rocking back and forth in a quiet corner.

L.Kizzle
05-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Seth and and Dell Curry will be close by. Nothing will happen.

asd
05-24-2015, 09:47 PM
then you arent a basketball player...that shit doesn't happen. only happens when you're playing with non-basketball players. There is a certain rhythm you develop as a bball and unwritten rules you follow. Very rarely do people not follow those rules and the majority of the people who don't are usually multi-sport dudess(bball isnt there primary sport or it always wasn't).

On a 50/50 ball, when players of opposing teams want the ball badly enough, that can definitely happen. Get out of here w/that 'sh*t doesn't happen' garbage. It happens all the time.

ISHGoat
05-24-2015, 09:49 PM
it happening twice is suspect, but it looks like in both he is just playing hard and going for the loose ball.

in the horford one, horford was dragging him down

Rake2204
The leg lock on Gibson was clearly illegal on Dellavedova's part. I hesitate to call it dirty because it kind of depends upon one's interpretation of dirty (some suggest dirty means "trying to injure" and I don't think he was). I don't think the leg lock was hurting Gibson, it was just him doing something illegal and not getting caught during the game.

The Korver play was the right basketball play. He lost control of the ball and it was a race to the rock between he and Korver. Whoever hit the deck was going to get the ball. Players can't really say to themselves "Welp, I need to dive to get this ball but if I dive, someone might get in the way so maybe I shouldn't." It was bad luck for Korver but not intentional.

On the Horford play, Dellavedova was being held and dragged down by Horford for the first portion of the play. It looked like Dellavedova didn't fight hitting the floor on this one - he may have even let himself fall, but he wasn't diving at anyone's feet.

Bernkastel
He's practicing the ankle breaking technique.

1~Gibson~1
05-24-2015, 09:51 PM
The leg lock was cheesy :lol.

The Kyle Korver play was simply a utility player hustling for a loose ball.

This play looked like Al Horford and Matthew were both going for the rebound, Delly was then pulled down and had no center of gravity... since he was already falling backwards it only makes sense that he falls close to Horford's leg.

I dont think Horfor deserved anything either. He jumped out of the way and braced for impact.

IGOTGAME
05-24-2015, 09:52 PM
On a 50/50 ball, when players of opposing teams want the ball badly enough, that can definitely happen. Get out of here w/that 'sh*t doesn't happen' garbage. It happens all the time.

guys run head first into each other? No, that shit does not "happen all the time." Its just silly to pretend it does.

btw...for those mad at Delladova, if he didnt hustle like this he prob wpuldn't be in the league. Just saying...let him live

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 09:54 PM
The leg lock on Gibson was clearly illegal on Dellavedova's part. I hesitate to call it dirty because it kind of depends upon one's interpretation of dirty (some suggest dirty means "trying to injure" and I don't think he was). I don't think the leg lock was hurting Gibson, it was just him doing something illegal and not getting caught during the game.

The Korver play was the right basketball play. He lost control of the ball and it was a race to the rock between he and Korver. Whoever hit the deck was going to get the ball. Players can't really say to themselves "Welp, I need to dive to get this ball but if I dive, someone might get in the way so maybe I shouldn't." It was bad luck for Korver but not intentional.

On the Horford play, Dellavedova was being held and dragged down by Horford for the first portion of the play. It looked like Dellavedova didn't fight hitting the floor on this one - he may have even let himself fall, but he wasn't diving at anyone's feet.

I think the fact that we can cite 3 instances, right as he's getting more time on the court, this easily makes it suspect.

I don't think he's dirty or trying to hurt anyone, but he is also trying to be annoyingly physical and that includes diving towards people's legs. I think Horford should have landed the elbow on him. If a guy is going to continuously dive towards my (or my teammates ankles/knees) someone has to send a message, a real message.

RedBlackAttack
Ridiculous.

Delly is an irritant, no doubt. That's what the Gibson thing was. He was just trying to annoy him and it worked. There have been a lot of guys like that in the league over the years.

Delly isn't going to get by on his athletic talent. He needs to outwork everyone and try to get on more talented players' nerves with his effort.

However, the idea that either the Korver play or that Horford play was somehow done with the intent of injuring their knees? Give me a break. He lost control of the ball and dove after it... Korver just happened to be standing there. I don't even think he saw him.

On the one tonight, he was battling a much bigger guy for a loose ball, they got tangled up and he dove to try to keep him from getting the ball.

There was no malicious intent on either of those plays.

I didn't hear these guys debating this much when Love's f#cking arm was yanked out of socket. It was immediately shoved aside as accidental.

Delly falls down a couple times and all of a sudden he's a villain... GTFO.

Lebron23
"Win if you can, lose is you must, but ALWAYS cheat! - Matthew Flair

ISHGoat
05-24-2015, 09:55 PM
I think the fact that we can cite 3 instances, right as he's getting more time on the court, this easily makes it suspect.

I don't think he's dirty or trying to hurt anyone, but he is also trying to be annoyingly physical and that includes diving towards people's legs. I think Horford should have landed the elbow on him. If a guy is going to continuously dive towards my (or my teammates ankles/knees) someone has to send a message, a real message.

hes not really diving for anyones legs, hes going after the ball, and in the first case, diving for it. he got dragged by horford

PickernRoller
05-24-2015, 09:55 PM
They better knock that lil b1tch out with a role player after blowing the Cavs out.

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 09:56 PM
hes not really diving for anyones legs, hes going after the ball, and in the first case, diving for it. he got dragged by horford

So how many more people need to be injured during a basketball play, I'm not disagreeing on that, by him before you consider it's possible he does it on purpose?

Rake2204
05-24-2015, 10:01 PM

I don't think he's dirty or trying to hurt anyone, but he is also trying to be annoyingly physical and that includes diving towards people's legs. I think Horford should have landed the elbow on him. If a guy is going to continuously dive towards my (or my teammates ankles/knees) someone has to send a message, a real message.I respectfully disagree. The Gibson leg lock was illegal and absolutely should not have resulted in the ejection of Gibson. I think that's completely separate from the other two situations, since I found the other two to be circumstantial more than anything else.

I do not think he's trying to dive at people's legs. I carved out a large part of my own insignificant career by diving on any and all loose balls. Many times, it was only me diving. Other times, it was 50/50 balls where the person who dived first (or most willing to give up the body) was the one who was going to end up with the rock. In some cases, the non-diver would be hit too. It was never intentional, it just happened. I can't not dive if it's the right thing to do.

And the Horford play, Dellevadova was being grabbed and pulled to the ground to begin with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmznHPMBwss#t=0m43s

Again, the Gibson play was Dellevadova trying to get away with something. The other two plays were things that just happened through play. I really think Miller's off base here.

So how many more people need to be injured during a basketball play, I'm not disagreeing on that, by him before you consider it's possible he does it on purpose?I think it's similar to closing out on a 3-point shooter. If it turns out a defender is undoubtedly and purposely placing their feet under a shooter, that's one thing. Otherwise, the accidental ankle sprains in those situations is something that's just always going to be a possibility.

How often have diving players resulted in sprained ankles of opponents lately? I don't know, but it's something that will just happen sometimes. But if it ends up being something that someone is clearly trying to do, that's when it becomes a problem. In this case, I see virtually no hint that Dellevadova's non-Gibson plays had any intent.

asd
05-24-2015, 10:02 PM
guys run head first into each other? No, that shit does not "happen all the time."

Collisions, in general.

I was initially mad that he didn't stop going for the ball when he saw that I was going for it, and he was mad at me for the same reason, but when you're competing hard, like in Dellavedova's case, you just want to grab the loose ball and can suffer a lapse in judgment.

kamil
05-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Dellavedova is related to Tonya Harding.

Alamо
05-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Who will Dellavedova take out next?

kamil
05-24-2015, 10:06 PM
Who will Dellavedova take out next?

The entire Warriors starting lineup.

Rondo
05-24-2015, 10:14 PM
And the Horford play, Dellevadova was being grabbed and pulled to the ground to begin with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmznHPMBwss#t=0m43s

You can clearly see him thrust towards Horford's ankle at the end of that replay once Horford has pretty much let go of him.

He's sneaky and successfully so it'd appear.

Rake2204
05-24-2015, 10:18 PM
You can clearly see him thrust towards Horford's ankle at the end of that replay once Horford has pretty much let go of him.

He's sneaky and successfully so it'd appear.I wholeheartedly disagree. I see the thrust you reference. I certainly think it's there. Only, it was at the midsection of Horford after being held and grabbed by him. Horford's body kept moving (and giving away). As a result, Dellevadova hit the deck near where Horford's leg had planted.

If he were thrusting specifically at Horford's ankle, that thrust wouldn't have been upward initially, up near Horford's ribs. He tried to clear Horford out (perhaps a retaliation to the grabbing) then fell to the floor where Horford's leg was chilling.

RedBlackAttack
05-24-2015, 10:21 PM

He's sneaky and successfully so it'd appear.
If anything, he was just trying to shield him from getting the ball. The only reason this is even being debated is because Korver was hurt in Game 2, which to my mind was clearly accidental... so, if you take away the premise that there is some kind of "history" of him trying to hurt people, it doesn't add up.

The Gibson play was something completely different. He was trying to be annoying. That's what he does.

I've been watching this guy play for years unlike a guy like Reggie Miller who just noticed him a couple nights ago, probably. Delly has never been a dirty player.

An irritant? Absolutely. But not dirty.

1~Gibson~1
05-24-2015, 10:23 PM

He's sneaky and successfully so it'd appear.From one angle you can see their arms were tangled up, which would explain why looked attached.

From another angle you could see that Delly lost his footing and was being dragged afterwards.

Not that any of it was intentional, two players just battling for a loose ball.

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 10:23 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree. I see the thrust you reference. I certainly think it's there. Only, it was at the midsection of Horford after being held and grabbed by him. Horford's body kept moving (and giving away). As a result, Dellevadova hit the deck near where Horford's leg had planted.

If he were thrusting specifically at Horford's ankle, that thrust wouldn't have been upward initially, up near Horford's ribs. He tried to clear Horford out (perhaps a retaliation to the grabbing) then fell to the floor where Horford's leg was chilling.

My issue with this view is that it assumes Horford is pulling Delledova anywhere. It looks, to me, that Delly is leaning his entire body into Horford trying to drive him out of the pain (fine). The issue comes when Horford is clearly trying to go OUT AND AROUND him and Dellevadova continues to lean on Horford so much that he starts falling.. And instead of just falling he lunges his body in what I assume is an effort to land in front of Horford to slow him down but again.. At some point you can't keep hitting peoples knees and ankles even during a "basketball play".

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 10:25 PM
From one angle you can see their arms were tangled up, which would explain why looked attached.

From another angle you could see that Delly lost his footing and was being dragged afterwards.

Not that any of it was intentional, two players just battling for a loose ball.

I see none of that.

I see Dellavedova trying to use his entire body to push Horford out, Horford trying to go around the elbow of Dellavedova which caused Dellavedova to fall, and then he dives/lunges towards the feet of Horford. As I said above, I assume in an effort to get in from of Horford.

Fawker
05-24-2015, 10:26 PM
it is a legitimate concern.

Rake2204
05-24-2015, 10:30 PM
My issue with this view is that it assumes Horford is pulling Delledova anywhere. It looks, to me, that Delly is leaning his entire body into Horford trying to drive him out of the pain (fine). The issue comes when Horford is clearly trying to go OUT AND AROUND him and Dellevadova continues to lean on Horford so much that he starts falling.. And instead of just falling he lunges his body in what I assume is an effort to land in front of Horford to slow him down but again.. At some point you can't keep hitting peoples knees and ankles even during a "basketball play".This particular angle (46 seconds or so) shows Horford's left arm and hand grabbing and holding Dellevadova's arm with Horford's right arm not holding, but wrapped over the top of of Dellevadova's arm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmznHPMBwss#t=0m43s

It looked as though Horford more or less led Dellevadova to the floor, before Dellevadova drove his body up into Horford's chest as a last gasp. After that last upward drive, he fell to the floor. If he were diving at legs, that drive would have been downward. He was being held and retaliated to some degree with an attempted upward clear out as he was falling.

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 10:34 PM
This particular angle (46 seconds or so) shows Horford's left arm and hand grabbing and holding Dellevadova's arm with Horford's right arm not holding, but wrapped over the top of of Dellevadova's arm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmznHPMBwss#t=0m43s

It looked as though Horford more or less led Dellevadova to the floor, before Dellevadova drove his body up into Horford's chest as a last gasp. After that last upward drive, he fell to the floor. If he were diving at legs, that drive would have been downward. He was being held and retaliated to some degree with an attempted upward clear out as he was falling.

That's the exact angle that looks to me like Horford is just trying to around Dellevadova. Horford is grabbing his arm but it looks like a ripthrough or swim kind of move to get to the ball. Horford is not moving like a guy trying to go the ground or directly laterally. He seems to be clearly trying to get to the ball.

I don't see Horford controlling Dellevadova's movement at all besides causing him to begin his fall by moving. Delly looks like he expected more resistance from Horford as he initiated contact and when Horford tried to move to the ball caused Delly to begin falling until he lunged at Horford.

That being said, I do want to clear up that I don't think Dellevadova is playing dirty I just think he is playing reckless. It's more accepted in a more contact sport such as football or rugby (hint) but even in those sports there is a kind of "expected standards" that you hold yourself to. I think he is going beyond that standard by ended up by so many guys legs as often as he does.

asd
05-24-2015, 10:35 PM
This particular angle (46 seconds or so) shows Horford's left arm and hand grabbing and holding Dellevadova's arm with Horford's right arm not holding, but wrapped over the top of of Dellevadova's arm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmznHPMBwss#t=0m43s

On top of having Horford dragging him down from above, Demarre Carroll was below him, inadvertently tripping him from below. Dellavedova had no control over his entire body.

Grey Dawn
05-24-2015, 10:37 PM
He smokes penises for sure

Rake2204
05-24-2015, 10:38 PM
That's the exact angle that looks to me like Horford is just trying to around Dellevadova. Horford is grabbing his arm but it looks like a ripthrough or swim kind of move to get to the ball. Horford is not moving like a guy trying to go the ground or directly laterally. He seems to be clearly trying to get to the ball.

I don't see Horford controlling Dellevadova's movement at all besides causing him to begin his fall by moving. Delly looks like he expected more resistance from Horford as he initiated contact and when Horford tried to move to the ball caused Delly to begin falling until he lunged at Horford.I think we're close to the same wavelength. I think there was the thought of a swim there, but I also feel the grab went beyond the typical "I'm just trying to get around you." It was a little bit scrum down there, it seemed, and Dellevadova really did seem to lunge a little but again, it seemed upward and into the body as he was already falling - a fall in part induced by Horford's grab and pull.

One way or another, it was a physical play that just happened more than Dellevadova trying to injure or be dangerous.

plowking
05-24-2015, 10:43 PM
The only illegal play he made was the leg lock.

How else would you guys make the other two plays? I would dive for the ball the same way. What is he supposed to do?

Anyone who thinks the two plays were dirty are idiots. Flat out.

Alamо
05-24-2015, 10:49 PM

How else would you guys make the other two plays? I would dive for the ball the same way. What is he supposed to do?

I guess that's why the refs gave him a tech huh?

plowking
05-24-2015, 10:52 PM
I guess that's why the refs gave him a tech huh?

I think that is why the entire viewing population was shocked.

Can you tell me why he got one? Show me which bit of the play on Delly's part was dirty or worthy of a tech?

I'm not sure if he got one on the Taj play, but he should have. On these two, not even close.

Straight_Ballin
05-24-2015, 10:54 PM

Most on here don't even play basketball so they can't relate to what you are saying.

Rake plays.

plowking
05-24-2015, 11:00 PM
I don't think there was even any talk about the Korver play being dirty before this happened.

It just so happened that it happened back to back games. Horford is dragging him while he is boxing out, he clearly loses his balance, which feels like when someone pulls a chair from under you, so your balance is all off, and then he falls. For some reason Horford decides to drop the elbow on him. :oldlol:

I find it as ridiculous that people think the Horford flag 2 isn't a flag 2. lol...
Dude literally had no other intention but to hurt him, and it was away from the ball. I'm not sure what you guys think warrants a flagrant 2 these days. Non basketball play, away from the ball, and could have seriously hurt Delly. Jon Jones would have been proud of the elbow.

JtotheIzzo
05-24-2015, 11:04 PM
It was a flagrant 2 by Horford and it was also a dirty play by Dellavedova.

He can't keep perpetually falling into people knees aggressively and keep saying it was an accident, that is some Bruce Bowen type shit.

It is obvious from Horford's reaction that the Hawks were clued into this about Dellavedova and when it actually happened Horford got plssed off.

Chalk one up to the Cavs for winning the mental game, but yeah Delly = dirty.

bigt
05-24-2015, 11:05 PM
I don't really know how what happened to Delly here is considered dirty. For starters he straight lost his balance in part thanks to tussling with Horford (who had Delly's arm somewhat locked into him) Delly falls down backwards and suddenly he's trying to injure people by going for the legs? The leg lock on Taj was dirty. The dive that hurt Korver is the exact play coaches love because they're throwing their body to the floor to secure a possession.

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 11:05 PM
I don't think there was even any talk about the Korver play being dirty before this happened.

It just so happened that it happened back to back games. Horford is dragging him while he is boxing out, he clearly loses his balance, which feels like when someone pulls a chair from under you, so your balance is all off, and then he falls. For some reason Horford decides to drop the elbow on him. :oldlol:

I find it as ridiculous that people think the Horford flag 2 isn't a flag 2. lol...
Dude literally had no other intention but to hurt him, and it was away from the ball. I'm not sure what you guys think warrants a flagrant 2 these days. Non basketball play, away from the ball, and could have seriously hurt Delly. Jon Jones would have been proud of the elbow.

I know you play some ball so how can you honestly tell me that one game after your teammate gotten taken out for the rest of the playoffs, with a leg injury, the same guy ends up lunging into your knee that your not pissed? :wtf:

JtotheIzzo
05-24-2015, 11:09 PM
Aussie butthurt is strong in this thread.

Its like this: Going at the knees is dirty, most players avoid it as a professional courtesy. You start doing it a lot, you are threatening people's livelihood, that goes against the code, ergo-facto DIRTY.

plowking
05-24-2015, 11:14 PM
I know you play some ball so how can you honestly tell me that one game after your teammate gotten taken out for the rest of the playoffs, with a leg injury, the same guy ends up lunging into your knee that your not pissed? :wtf:

I haven't played competitive ball in ages, but I see literally no problem with what happened. Not because I'm Aussie, or an apparent Lebron stan according to some on here, or any other reason other than being completely logical about the situation.

Just answer these questions and you'll get your answer.
What would you have done when the ball was loose on that play? Dive on it, right? End of discussion... People act as if this isn't a contact sport where players can collide and hurt themselves.

It is seriously idiotic to think that was deliberate. This forum is going stupid with their biases. People act like you can't fall over or collide with another player. Diving into someones knees? Serious? Delly just got kneed in the head by Teague. I doubt he wants to keep putting his head down where one of the hardest and pointiest parts of the body is to hurt your head. This isn't football where you have a helmet.

plowking
05-24-2015, 11:16 PM
Aussie butthurt is strong in this thread.

Its like this: Going at the knees is dirty, most players avoid it as a professional courtesy. You start doing it a lot, you are threatening people's livelihood, that goes against the code, ergo-facto DIRTY.

Who the f*ck is going at knees? Butt hurt?

No one is butt hurt. Some people are frustrated by idiotic comments. Professional courtesy? What in the hell are you talking about? You aren't allowed to dive for a loose ball now?

JtotheIzzo
05-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Who the f*ck is going at knees? Butt hurt?

No one is butt hurt. Some people are frustrated by idiotic comments. Professional courtesy? What in the hell are you talking about? You aren't allowed to dive for a loose ball now?

back to back roll blocks, dirty, sorry PK, that is how it looks, fool me once...

plowking
05-24-2015, 11:19 PM
back to back roll blocks, dirty, sorry PK, that is how it looks, fool me once...

Was he supposed to give Korver the loose ball as a professional courtesy? :oldlol:

You aren't allowed to dive for loose balls if you've done it before now, since it might be considered dirty. :oldlol:

Fark me this forum. Especially coming from you who actually chips in with decent posts.:oldlol:

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 11:26 PM
I haven't played competitive ball in ages, but I see literally no problem with what happened. Not because I'm Aussie, or an apparent Lebron stan according to some on here, or any other reason other than being completely logical about the situation.

What would you have done when the ball was loose on that play? Dive on it, right? End of discussion... People act as if this isn't a contact sport where players can collide and hurt themselves.

On the Korver play, I do not think it was dirty. I think it was reckless (in the good and bad way) and would have done the same.

On the Horford play, i do not think it was dirty but was without a doubt reckless (in only a bad way) when he made that extra lunge. I would not have done that.

Add the two together, plus the Taj stuff and you have a pattern.

It is seriously idiotic to think that was deliberate. This forum is going stupid with their biases. People act like you can't fall over or collide with another player. Diving into someones knees? Serious? Delly just got kneed in the head by Teague. I doubt he wants to keep putting his head down where one of the hardest and pointiest parts of the body is to hurt your head. This isn't football where you have a helmet.

You are correct, it's not football. And do you know what happens when you keep going for someone knee's in football? You get lit up because no one likes that shit.

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 11:26 PM

On the Korver play, I do not think it was dirty. I think it was reckless (in the good and bad way) and would have done the same.

On the Horford play, i do not think it was dirty but was without a doubt reckless (in only a bad way) when he made that extra lunge. I would not have done that.

Add the two together, plus the Taj stuff and you have a pattern.

You are correct, it's not football. And do you know what happens when you keep going for someone knee's in football? You get lit up because no one likes that shit.

Hittin_Shots
05-24-2015, 11:32 PM
That was not a dirty play, it was a box out with the ball coming straight at them and he both had pulling from horford and his foot clearly hits carols laying on the flooR before falling back..

Hittin_Shots
05-24-2015, 11:37 PM

Well if he lunged this post may make sense..

tomtucker
05-25-2015, 02:21 AM
**** Dellavedova.........little rat faced shit

bobeticus
05-25-2015, 02:35 AM

This.

its not intentional... dude is a hussle player like Rodman in the 90's

bobeticus
05-25-2015, 02:38 AM
it happening twice is suspect, but it looks like in both he is just playing hard and going for the loose ball.

in the horford one, horford was dragging him down

This also.. dude is like Rodman... a mini Worm version of him... diving for loose ball... if your a coach thats all what you want from your player... pure hassle..

bobeticus
05-25-2015, 02:41 AM
The leg lock was cheesy :lol.

The Kyle Korver play was simply a utility player hustling for a loose ball.

This play looked like Al Horford and Matthew were both going for the rebound, Delly was then pulled down and had no center of gravity... since he was already falling backwards it only makes sense that he falls close to Horford's leg.

I dont think Horfor deserved anything either. He jumped out of the way and braced for impact.

Someone with a sound mind...

the trolls are utterly pathetic never played bball in their entire life only in videogames geez... :facepalm

Kvnzhangyay
05-25-2015, 02:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAcFqJZs18
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAcFqJZs18)
Clearly Horford dragged Delly

LBJMVP
05-25-2015, 02:48 AM

alot of people are obviously not reading this comment and watching the replay at the 46 second mark.
he is clearly getting pulled, and then clearly trips ober carroll and falls. there is no intent of him going at the needs.

all this is, fans that hate cleveland overreacting to horford getting ejected. its kind of pathetic really.

bobeticus
05-25-2015, 02:50 AM
If anything, he was just trying to shield him from getting the ball. The only reason this is even being debated is because Korver was hurt in Game 2, which to my mind was clearly accidental... so, if you take away the premise that there is some kind of "history" of him trying to hurt people, it doesn't add up.

The Gibson play was something completely different. He was trying to be annoying. That's what he does.

I've been watching this guy play for years unlike a guy like Reggie Miller who just noticed him a couple nights ago, probably. Delly has never been a dirty player.

nice analysis RBA...

if you want to watch sissy basketball go watch euroleague... pass pass and shoot... pass pass and shoot... :banghead:

RedBlackAttack
Warning, long post coming... (tl;dr)

Listening to Reggie Miller, Chris Webber and Kenny Smith kick dirt all over Delly, to the point where Miller and Webber actually laughed when Delly was (intentionally) kneed in the face in a loose ball situation later in the game, had me thoroughly disgusted. I do not understand what these guys are looking at.

The Korver play is a non-issue, flat-out. Anyone who can actually sit here, watch the whole play (not the tiny snippet they chose to show over and over during the telecast) and tell me that he intentionally dove at Korver's leg? I call them a liar or stupid.

The guy had the ball poked away from him, it was rolling toward the opponent and he dove to try and regain possession. It was a hustle play in a key sequence during a freaking playoff game. The only other option was to watch it roll to the opponent.

While less clear, upon even a semi-close inspection, Delly was being hooked as Horford -- a guy who only outweighs him by 60 pounds -- attempted to either make it look like Delly was fouling him (most likely the case) or just to take Delly out of the play as it looked like the Cavs could have started a fastbreak. Delly lost his footing and made a late attempt to shield Horford from the ball.

Horford came with the elbow because he was frustrated, both by the fact that his team is about to be swept and that this little, unathletic guy has been so effective against them.

The Gibson play is the only one that Delly actually did deserve a "T" but there was nothing dirty about it. Annoying? Sure. But that's one of his roles and he does it well, obviously.

It makes me wonder what Miller, Webber and Smith were attempting to accomplish by mudslinging for literally hours on Delly. I'm not sure if it was simply disappointment that the Hawks aren't able to make a series out of this, being disgruntled that the Hawks' best player was ejected, or a complete misunderstanding of what it really takes for the guys around the world who aren't born with the size and/or athleticism that they were.

Diving for loose balls, scrapping for every inch of the floor and backing down from no one are the reasons Delly is able to make basketball his living.

I thought it was sort of telling that by far the two best basketball players on the panel -- Shaq and Chuck -- sided with Delly completely. Those guys, despite their natural gifts, also were relentless on the floor, backed down from no one and scrapped for every inch. That's why they understood what Dellavedova is trying to do and also probably one of the major reasons why they were legitimately all-time great players, unlike the other three.

I'm also disappointed that the Hawks are taking this route out of the playoffs. Instead of playing as hard as you can (which to their credit they did tonight) and gracefully bowing out when it inevitably came up short, they're choosing to exit stage left whining and crying. The Bulls were easily the second best team in the conference and you didn't hear this kind of stuff from them, because they understand physical basketball.

Watching the Hawks play in this series after what we endured against the Bulls, maybe I shouldn't be surprised that this level of intensity, effort and physicality is foreign to them.

Quite a long rant, but I had to get that off my chest. Delly doesn't deserve the way this narrative is beginning to play out and it was refreshing to see LeBron get his back passionately.

LBJMVP
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAcFqJZs18)
Clearly Horford dragged Delly

this video makes it pretty obvious that there was 0 malicious intent.

people trying to say that was a dirty play should be embarrassed.

Magic 32
05-25-2015, 02:54 AM
Delly doesn't deserve the way this narrative is beginning to play out

Players don't deserve to get injured or ejected.

bobeticus
05-25-2015, 02:57 AM
here's your definition of dirty

enjoy while your at it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm_PW_5Xb98

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 02:58 AM
Players don't deserve to get injured or ejected.
Players get injured every day. It's part of the game. If anyone knows that, it's Cavs fans.

And, you do deserve to be ejected when you intentionally drop an elbow on a defenseless players' head/neck area. Anywhere above the shoulders is an automatic Flagrant-2 and ejection.

The only thing wrong with the way that play was called was (1) the initial Horford grabbing of Delly's arm wasn't called a foul or it would have never gotten to him falling over Carroll and (2) Delly being assessed a technical foul for literally no reason.

bdreason
05-25-2015, 03:00 AM
Didn't look dirty to me.

NumberSix
05-25-2015, 03:03 AM
Al Horford is in fact a dirty player. Forget his elbow. Throwing down the entire weight of your body on the back of a guys neck could literally paralyze a person. I don't care how "frustrated" he was. A play like that is purely an attempt to hurt someone.

bobeticus
05-25-2015, 03:04 AM
Warning, long post coming... (tl;dr)

Listening to Reggie Miller, Chris Webber and Kenny Smith kick dirt all over Delly, to the point where Miller and Webber actually laughed when Delly was (intentionally) kneed in the face in a loose ball situation later in the game, had me thoroughly disgusted. I do not understand what these guys are looking at.

The Korver play is a non-issue, flat-out. Anyone who can actually sit here, watch the whole play (not the tiny snippet they chose to show over and over during the telecast) and tell me that he intentionally dove at Korver's leg? I call them a liar or stupid.

The guy had the ball poked away from him, it was rolling toward the opponent and he dove to try and regain possession. It was a hustle play in a key sequence during a freaking playoff game. The only other option was to watch it roll to the opponent.

While less clear, upon even a semi-close inspection, Delly was being hooked as Horford -- a guy who only outweighs him by 60 pounds -- attempted to either make it look like Delly was fouling him (most likely the case) or just to take Delly out of the play as it looked like the Cavs could have started a fastbreak. Delly lost his footing and made a late attempt to shield Horford from the ball.

Horford came with the elbow because he was frustrated, both by the fact that his team is about to be swept and that this little, unathletic guy has been so effective against them.

The Gibson play is the only one that Delly actually did deserve a "T" but there was nothing dirty about it. Annoying? Sure. But that's one of his roles and he does it well, obviously.

It makes me wonder what Miller, Webber and Smith were attempting to accomplish by mudslinging for literally hours on Delly. I'm not sure if it was simply disappointment that the Hawks aren't able to make a series out of this, being disgruntled that the Hawks' best player was ejected, or a complete misunderstanding of what it really takes for the guys around the world who aren't born with the size and/or athleticism that they were.

Diving for loose balls, scrapping for every inch of the floor and backing down from no one are the reasons Delly is able to make basketball his living.

I thought it was sort of telling that by far the two best basketball players on the panel -- Shaq and Chuck -- sided with Delly completely. Those guys, despite their natural gifts, also were relentless on the floor, backed down from no one and scrapped for every inch. That's why they understood what Dellavedova is trying to do and also probably one of the major reasons why they were legitimately all-time great players, unlike the other three.

I'm also disappointed that the Hawks are taking this route out of the playoffs. Instead of playing as hard as you can (which to their credit they did tonight) and gracefully bowing out when it inevitably came up short, they're choosing to exit stage left whining and crying. The Bulls were easily the second best team in the conference and you didn't hear this kind of stuff from them, because they understand physical basketball.

Watching the Hawks play in this series after what we endured against the Bulls, maybe I shouldn't be surprised that this level of intensity, effort and physicality is foreign to them.

Quite a long rant, but I had to get that off my chest. Delly doesn't deserve the way this narrative is beginning to play out and it was refreshing to see LeBron get his back passionately.

hey RBA... this whiner didn't watch the 90's era... much more of physicality... and i too that SHAQ knows well because he too endured those physicality in playoff.. so end this thread...

so to all Hawkfans, whiners and haters well play gritty basketball come game 4, if the Hawks play tought bb they will win the game...

Magic 32
05-25-2015, 03:12 AM
Players get injured every day. It's part of the game. If anyone knows that, it's Cavs fans.

And, you do deserve to be ejected when you intentionally drop an elbow on a defenseless players' head/neck area. Anywhere above the shoulders is an automatic Flagrant-2 and ejection.

The only thing wrong with the way that play was called was (1) the initial Horford grabbing of Delly's arm wasn't called a foul or it would have never gotten to him falling over Carroll and (2) Delly being assessed a technical foul for literally no reason.

This is the nightmare that Lesoft has create folks.

Cleverness
05-25-2015, 03:25 AM
LeBron made a great point during his post-game interview. He discussed the foul Antic committed while he was in the air in a previous game. That foul was pretty ridiculous and got no attention for being a dirty play because LeBron is still playing well. LeBron takes a lot of fouls while he's in midair and some of them are borderline "dirty" fouls, but the fact that he somehow doesn't injure his ankle/leg/knee/acl/etc on these plays is crazy.

Anyways, Dellavedova in pushing a fine line between being an irritant and a dirty player. Like Kenny Smith said... unwritten rules in bball is 1) no hard fouls when a player is in the air 2) don't roll guys' knees/ankles/feet

Dellavedova and Blake Griffin are two guys who roll around on the floor A LOT, and UNNECESSARILY around guys' legs.
This gives the audience the image of toughness and hard work, but it's really not--it's a bitch move. Doing so helps protect your own legs, but increases the risk that others are injured. The reason why it's tough to call it a dirty play is because when there's a loose ball you have a better chance at getting it the lower you get to the floor... but diving into a guy's legs, like Shaq said, is a 50% chance of injuring someone.

As for leg-locking Taj Gibson, that was gross. If I was a fan of the Cavs, I would be disgusted to root for that shit.

imnew09
05-25-2015, 03:36 AM

RBA be on that Dellaluhah **** all day :facepalm . That play on Gibson was not to be "annoying", it was a dirty move. It was extremely unnecessary and who the fk LEG LOCKS someone while playing basketball? :rolleyes:

Btw, when he dives in for the ball, he spins his body around rolling into opponents legs....

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 03:37 AM
Dellavedova is an unathletic loser, Steph curry is going to come all over this shitty australian kid :lol

theaussieguy
05-25-2015, 03:40 AM
Im very proud of ma man Delly, playin tough, showin these American boys what a contact sport is all about. Its simple, if u can't take the heat, don't take the court. Sit out like the lil bitch you are. Delly wasn't trying to injure anyone, but did he care if he did? Hell no hes out there to win hes not going to prance around some sissy Americns when theres a playoff game on the line. Go hard or go home.

MA MAN

bobeticus
05-25-2015, 03:42 AM
Im very proud of ma man Delly, playin tough, showin these American boys what a contact sport is all about. Its simple, if u can't take the heat, don't take the court. Sit out like the lil bitch you are. Delly wasn't trying to injure anyone, but did he care if he did? Hell no hes out there to win hes not going to prance around some sissy Americns when theres a playoff game on the line. Go hard or Go home.

MA MAN

new NBA Slogan :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :banana:

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 03:43 AM
As for leg-locking Taj Gibson, that was gross. If I was a fan of the Cavs, I would be disgusted to root for that shit.
Pffffft.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/dellovdova-taj.jpg

Oh the humanity.

Cleverness
05-25-2015, 03:43 AM
Im very proud of ma man Delly, playin tough, showin these American boys what a contact sport is all about. Its simple, if u can't take the heat, don't take the court. Sit out like the lil bitch you are. Delly wasn't trying to injure anyone, but did he care if he did? Hell no hes out there to win hes not going to prance around some sissy Americns when theres a playoff game on the line. Go hard or go home.

MA MAN

good troll,

but if serious

rolling around floor and taking out knees is not tough.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 03:44 AM

MA MAN

Delle = unskilled slave :lol

theaussieguy
05-25-2015, 03:50 AM
good troll,

but if serious

rolling around floor and taking out knees is not tough.

that implies he did it on purpose. The sad thing is that thought would never cross most people's mind if reggie didn't open his stupid biased mouth. But as soon as something is said in the media people take it as gospel. Anyone with their own brain can come to their own conclusion that Delly didn't go out of his way to hurt korver. And for people to interpret todays incident as Delly trying to do the same to Horford is laughable. The power of suggestion be strong.

Cleverness
05-25-2015, 03:55 AM
that implies he did it on purpose. The sad thing is that thought would never cross most people's mind if reggie didn't open his stupid biased mouth. But as soon as something is said in the media people take it as gospel. Anyone with their own brain can come to their own conclusion that Delly didn't go out of his way to hurt korver. And for people to interpret todays incident as Delly trying to do the same to Horford is laughable. The power of suggestion be strong.

I honestly believe that he never once tried to injure a player, which is why I don't consider him a dirty player.

But, what he does is BS and risky to other players. Antic didn't want LeBron to get an easy basket, nor do I think he wanted LeBron to tear his ACL/MCL, but what he did was BS imo.

JebronLames
05-25-2015, 04:06 AM
lol stephen a smith's tweet
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/602652558000300032

Eric Cartman
05-25-2015, 04:10 AM
lol stephen a smith's tweet
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/602652558000300032
replies straight rekt him:

http://i59.tinypic.com/bhxb1g.png

ProfessorMurder
05-25-2015, 04:20 AM
Ridiculous.

Delly is an irritant, no doubt. That's what the Gibson thing was. He was just trying to annoy him and it worked. There have been a lot of guys like that in the league over the years.

Delly isn't going to get by on his athletic talent. He needs to outwork everyone and try to get on more talented players' nerves with his effort.

However, the idea that either the Korver play or that Horford play was somehow done with the intent of injuring their knees? Give me a break. He lost control of the ball and dove after it... Korver just happened to be standing there. I don't even think he saw him.

On the one tonight, he was battling a much bigger guy for a loose ball, they got tangled up and he dove to try to keep him from getting the ball.

I didn't hear these guys debating this much when Love's f#cking arm was yanked out of socket. It was immediately shoved aside as accidental.

Jesus Christ. If you're going through such gymnastics for this scrub, why not go work on the JFK assassination or something more relevant?

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 04:29 AM
Jesus Christ. If you're going through such gymnastics for this scrub, why not go work on the JFK assassination or something more relevant?
Uh, what?

Last I checked this was a basketball site and that was the most talked about play during a telecast of an extremely high profile professional basketball game. So, that's probably why I'd choose to discuss the play instead of the JFK assassination in this particular instance. I hope this clears up any confusion.

FPJ
05-25-2015, 04:37 AM
Lol at the Horford apologists. Delly was dragged, Horford just tried to justify his idiotic behavior hoping some morons will fall for it. They fell hard.

talkingconch
05-25-2015, 04:39 AM
The guy is a moron, the leg lock on gibson is blatant proof.

Alamо
05-25-2015, 04:49 AM
I think that is why the entire viewing population was shocked.

Can you tell me why he got one? Show me which bit of the play on Delly's part was dirty or worthy of a tech?

I'm not sure if he got one on the Taj play, but he should have. On these two, not even close.

No I'm pretty sure the viewing population was shocked because Horford got ejected, for this

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Tm5uwwUI--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/cu0aucxsygycvodaodzh.gif

And he didn't get a tech on the Taj play until after the game was already over.

El Gato Negro
05-25-2015, 04:56 AM
No I'm pretty sure the viewing population was shocked because Horford got ejected, for this

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Tm5uwwUI--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/cu0aucxsygycvodaodzh.gif

And he didn't get a tech on the Taj play until after the game was already over.
This is the good angle can't wait to see the rage when he gets suspended https://vine.co/v/eqxzYTD6BtH

NumberSix
05-25-2015, 04:59 AM
replies straight rekt him:

http://i59.tinypic.com/bhxb1g.png
"Is your hairline intentional"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Alamо
05-25-2015, 04:59 AM
This is the good angle can't wait to see the rage when he gets suspended https://vine.co/v/eqxzYTD6BtH

lmao

cltcfn2924
05-25-2015, 08:32 AM
I respectfully disagree. The Gibson leg lock was illegal and absolutely should not have resulted in the ejection of Gibson. I think that's completely separate from the other two situations, since I found the other two to be circumstantial more than anything else.

I do not think he's trying to dive at people's legs. I carved out a large part of my own insignificant career by diving on any and all loose balls. Many times, it was only me diving. Other times, it was 50/50 balls where the person who dived first (or most willing to give up the body) was the one who was going to end up with the rock. In some cases, the non-diver would be hit too. It was never intentional, it just happened. I can't not dive if it's the right thing to do.

Again, the Gibson play was Dellevadova trying to get away with something. The other two plays were things that just happened through play. I really think Miller's off base here.

I think it's similar to closing out on a 3-point shooter. If it turns out a defender is undoubtedly and purposely placing their feet under a shooter, that's one thing. Otherwise, the accidental ankle sprains in those situations is something that's just always going to be a possibility.

How often have diving players resulted in sprained ankles of opponents lately? I don't know, but it's something that will just happen sometimes. But if it ends up being something that someone is clearly trying to do, that's when it becomes a problem. In this case, I see virtually no hint that Dellevadova's non-Gibson plays had any intent.

How do you possibly not see him going for Horfords' legs. Jeez, Horford knew it was coming, the guy has a rep. Unfortunately the NBA has absolutely no idea of how to deal with these guys, so the players have to do it themselves.

IGOTGAME
05-25-2015, 08:39 AM
this is bad for Cleveland especially since they are playing the the Golden boy next series. Delly will get the benefit of nothing and will be in foul trouble every game.

cltcfn2924
05-25-2015, 08:42 AM

So you know more than the players huh?

brownmamba00
05-25-2015, 08:42 AM
he's gonna have a bounty on his head if he keeps this shit up

hope Curry goes off on his bitch ass

Blue&Orange
05-25-2015, 08:43 AM
Ridiculous.

Korver just happened to be standing there. I don't even think he saw him.

Yes ridiculous post indeed. Tip next time you brainwash yourself into thinking something, don't share.

Dude is blind, he didn't saw Gibson, he didn't saw Korver he didn't saw Horford.

theaussieguy
05-25-2015, 08:52 AM
So you know more than the players huh?

I just watched the footage again. I watched the game live yesterday and honestly I couldn't see how people could interpret that. I was using a crappy stream far from HD so I can only blame it on that because I am usually pretty objective about these things, even if I am a bit of a troll.

I just rewatched the incident on youtube. I admit, I was wrong. I can see why people think the way they do now. In fact I am now thinking more than not, that he is indeed a dirty player. This makes me look like a total idiot considering what I have said previously in this thread but watching the replay over and over its pretty apparent that when Delly was already tied up with Horford and as he goes down he pushes up with his legs, clearly not in an attempt to wrestle for the ball but to project himself onto horver's knees. It happens very quickly (around the 2-3 second mark in the below video) but it does look like Kyle Korver all over again.

Dam this kind of disappoints me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQd-x3iVh0I

brownmamba00
05-25-2015, 08:56 AM
if Ron Artest was doin' this shit I wonder what would happen...

2swift4u
05-25-2015, 09:36 AM
I don't think he plays dirty. Otherwise he'd do his stuff off the ball like others do. He simply hustles all the time and players that hustle and jump after every ball are always kind of dangerous for other players. I know players just like him and if they happen to hurt you, you're pissed even if it wasn't intenionally.So I totally get why the Hawks are mad. But this stuff happens. I remember a couple of years ago Asik jumped on Bosh's leg and Bosh was out for a while.

Allstar24
05-25-2015, 09:37 AM
I don't care about any of these teams but it's sad when you don't have the actual talent needed to win games and resort to cheap/dirty plays, taking out the other team's best players, etc. Compare the game 3 wins by the Cavs and Warriors...it's pretty obvious who deserves to win the championship this year. Besides, it would be a travesty to have guys like JR Smith and Della whatever his name is become champions.

ZMonkey11
05-25-2015, 09:44 AM

Lol. No. It's that you don't play hard.

bigballer
05-25-2015, 09:44 AM
The fact that he is a hustler and dirty aren't mutually exclusive terms. He is both.

Anybody who has played organised ball knows that diving for the loose ball head first and putting your body on the line is not always a natural instinct. come playoff time you hope most of the team can sacrifice and leave it all on the floor etc etc.

But when his body after he hits the ground twists/turns and rolls into the players' legs as was the case with Korver, to me that's dirty. It wasn't a natural movement to me.

If a player goes head first into a knee or leg it's a different story, but throwing your whole torso ito the legs is dangerous and not in the spirit of the game.

Rake2204
05-25-2015, 09:56 AM
How do you possibly not see him going for Horfords' legs. Jeez, Horford knew it was coming, the guy has a rep. Unfortunately the NBA has absolutely no idea of how to deal with these guys, so the players have to do it themselves.I really think it's just an "agree to disagree" situation. Dellevadova most certainly responds to being grabbed and held (and to encountering a fallen DeMarre Carroll at his feet) by driving into Horford, but he's clearly driving upward.

I really, really think this is much ado about nothing. Reggie Miller kind of sparked something that shouldn't be sparked, as did Horford. If Horford didn't make a poor decision (or if rules just allowed the officials to deliver a flagrant 1), no one would be super analyzing this random nothing play.

In truth, there were probably 10 other individual dives last game that, when reviewed, we probably could have been asking questions about individual minutiae (what made him do that right then?). But because we're trying to compare his illegal leg lock to correctly diving for a loose ball to being grabbed during a fracas and falling (three entirely different plays), it's now a thing.

Kblaze8855
05-25-2015, 10:02 AM
Hes certainly done more to justify a dirty label than Olynyk who Cavs fans were accusing of everything short of the crucifixion of Jesus....

That said neither strike me as dirty. Just people who play hard.

Though the Gibson thing wasnt playing hard. That was just being an asshole.

IGOTGAME
05-25-2015, 10:04 AM
Lol. No. It's that you don't play hard.

hmm...I've always been an undersized scappy player. Never seen people running head first into each other as a common occurrence. To pretend it is means you played with bums or that you were playing with reckless people.

btw...i dont have a problem with either play. just the post saying its normal to run head first into someone else. that is silly.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Pffffft.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/dellovdova-taj.jpg

Oh the humanity.

:oldlol:

sooo much overreaction over that little shit

1~Gibson~1
05-25-2015, 10:15 AM
I see none of that.

I see Dellavedova trying to use his entire body to push Horford out, Horford trying to go around the elbow of Dellavedova which caused Dellavedova to fall, and then he dives/lunges towards the feet of Horford. As I said above, I assume in an effort to get in from of Horford.I didn't see it unfold that way.

Go back and look at the interview of Delly after the game... What he said happened looks clear on television.

1~Gibson~1
05-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Well if he lunged this post may make sense..He did not "lunge". Earth's massive gravitational force was bringing him down after losing his balance to Horford.

It's simple physics actually.

dabigbaws
05-25-2015, 10:31 AM
lol this dirty **** falls on legs on purpose.. it's obvious

he looks like a rat anyway so this just confirms it

ILLsmak
05-25-2015, 10:46 AM
He's a very dangerous individual.

Ask Mike Miller...

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/B3FB-CoNqedw_17CvvbKTNzrjMQ=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3353306/millernuts.0.gif

Yo for real that shit was on purpose.

I thought the leg lock was nothing. I thought the Korver was maybe on purpose, but now looking at the evidence, it definitely was. That dude legit needs to be suspended or heavily fined.

-Smak

Dro
05-25-2015, 10:53 AM
LoL, nothing dirty about that play against Horford whatsoever...Seen it a million times......

ILLsmak
05-25-2015, 11:00 AM
LoL, nothing dirty about that play against Horford whatsoever...Seen it a million times......

yeah like the game before right lol.

-Smak

IGOTGAME
05-25-2015, 11:08 AM

-Smak

if that is the case shouldnt he have a long list of players that he has injured?

Kblaze8855
05-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Not really. Karl Malone was twice his size and voted the dirtiest player in the NBA by the players in the SI poll. He was widely sen as dirty.

He didnt leave any kinda long list of injured opponents. There are guys he hurt...but not a long list. And he played 18-19 years.

Being dirty doesnt mean you cause major injuries all the time.

We all played dirty players. How often did we tear an ACL because of it?

ILLsmak
05-25-2015, 11:13 AM
if that is the case shouldnt he have a long list of players that he has injured?

2 and counting, let's write them down together. Did you see him smash Miller in the nuts? He did that shit on purpose, too.

The thing about it is with video you can tell how shit goes down by watching it. It's like when Kobe was punching people with his follow thrus.

It was the same roll twice, exactly the same contact point. How can you say that he didn't know it was going to happen?

Or is the argument that it shouldn't matter cuz he has a right to roll like that? I mean, people will be wary of that now... they will not let him do it again probably, or kick him in the back of the head, but he's definitely doing that on purpose. As to whether he was intentionally trying to injure him or just smash into his knees, it's hard to say.

But that's a dangerous play that people shouldn't be doing.

-Smak

Dro
05-25-2015, 11:13 AM

-Smak
I mean, I've seen the Horford replay a million times, nothing dirty about it. Horford was just frustrated they're about to get swept honestly...

I'm talking about this play alone, not a play from another game....

ILLsmak
05-25-2015, 11:16 AM
I mean, I've seen the Horford replay a million times, nothing dirty about it. Horford was just frustrated they're about to get swept honestly...

I'm talking about this play alone, not a play from another game....

No doubt but also keep in mind it's BECAUSE the same play happened before that he was like WTF. Did he get a good hit like he did on Korver... no. But it seemed like he tried to, and that's why he flipped out.

IMO you can't examine anything without context because that makes no sense. Especially not context of the same play that happened just the game before.

He didn't injure Horford but he definitely tried to hit him the same way. Like dude said that's not a natural motion to grab the ball and roll over into someone's knees. You're not trying to break a door down you're trying to get the ball.

-Smak

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 11:31 AM
No doubt but also keep in mind it's BECAUSE the same play happened before that he was like WTF. Did he get a good hit like he did on Korver... no. But it seemed like he tried to, and that's why he flipped out.

IMO you can't examine anything without context because that makes no sense. Especially not context of the same play that happened just the game before.

He didn't injure Horford but he definitely tried to hit him the same way. Like dude said that's not a natural motion to grab the ball and roll over into someone's knees. You're not trying to break a door down you're trying to get the ball.

-Smak
You're an idiot

Horford pulled the chair on him while pulling his arm as players do to eachother in the post.

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 11:32 AM
And it was an active play

He was trying to get up as fast as possible seeming as he's a high energy player

tpols
05-25-2015, 11:40 AM
he needs to get bynum'd tommorow

tpols
05-25-2015, 11:46 AM
And it was an active play

He was trying to get up as fast as possible seeming as he's a high energy player

He got up fast to bring it to the refs attention.. didnt swing back/push or anything. Just got immediately up second it happened and called for the refs. Thats how you know its on purpose.

If a guy swings a 12-6 elbow at your head and almost takes your head off, and you dont respond with anything, that means you saw it coming because well.. you knew what you were doing. Guys dont react like that unless provoked.. he pulled a perfect dennis rodman

asd
05-25-2015, 11:46 AM
hmm...I've always been an undersized scappy player. Never seen people running head first into each other as a common occurrence. To pretend it is means you played with bums or that you were playing with reckless people.

btw...i dont have a problem with either play. just the post saying its normal to run head first into someone else. that is silly.

then you arent a basketball player...that shit doesn't happen. only happens when you're playing with non-basketball players. There is a certain rhythm you develop as a bball and unwritten rules you follow. Very rarely do people not follow those rules and the majority of the people who don't are usually multi-sport dudess(bball isnt there primary sport or it always wasn't)

:oldlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7452FKoI4A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iMiWt4herQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu0bPxEvKTY

Just after you posted that it doesn't happen, I saw two plays alone in yesterday's game involving some player's head colliding with someone else.

1) Delly's head met an ATL player's leg on a dive
2) ATL player's head met JR's shoulder on a reach

I never said that it was 'normal' or a 'common occurrence.' At this point, you're just putting words in my mouth. Jumping to conclusions must be your thing. I'll follow your lead.

'Undersized,' little boy, I guess you've never played in a physical basketball game with adults before. When players play with a lot of heart and hustle, once in a while, reckless things can happen and have happened before. "Sh*t happens."

DukeDelonte13
05-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Ridiculous.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Such bullsh*t.

Reggie Miller can choke down a d*ck and die.

ILLsmak
05-25-2015, 12:00 PM
I'm all for physical play. I like it. I play physical now that I'm older... I understand the need to establish an edge. Pop me in the chest with an elbow/forearm... it's like oh ok. Hit me in the face, it's different.

Throw me on the ground, ok. But try to hit me in the nuts?

There are just different things you shouldn't do in bball and busting someone's ass is not one of them.

To people who say you don't play hard... I dunno, man. There is a huge area where you can hit people. Some might say it's a cheap shot, but the refs are supposed to take care of it. If you get away with it, you get away with it.

All kinds of shit goes on under the basket. People get fouled really hard, too. It hurts like hell when someone karate chops your wrist as you go up inside. Dudes hip check you as you drive and that shit hurts, too.

Been tripped on purpose before... and imo that shit wasn't kosher. Cuz you can really get hurt exploded and someone being like trippp.

Mainly it comes down to are you gonna give someone a bruise or are you going to injure them. Are you going to be 'alpha' or psychopathic. I think Delly is ****ing up.

Edit:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Such bullsh*t.

Reggie Miller can choke down a d*ck and die.

It wasn't the same kind of play. I think he may have done it on purpose, but the play leading up to it wasn't purposeful. It just became that.

Again, when I saw him injure Korver I thought suspect... but I can't be for sure it was on purpose. It was when it happened again. If Kelly had done the same shit the next game and someone pulled their arm out of it (which would be about the same situation) and went ape shit... then yeah I would say that was def a dirty play and call for him to get suspended. BTW he did get suspended even tho it was inconclusive. Will Delly?

-Smak

tpols
05-25-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm all for physical play. I like it. I play physical now that I'm older... I understand the need to establish an edge. Pop me in the chest with an elbow/forearm... it's like oh ok. Hit me in the face, it's different.

Throw me on the ground, ok. But try to hit me in the nuts?

There are just different things you shouldn't do in bball and busting someone's ass is not one of them.

To people who say you don't play hard... I dunno, man. There is a huge area where you can hit people. Some might say it's a cheap shot, but the refs are supposed to take care of it. If you get away with it, you get away with it.

All kinds of shit goes on under the basket. People get fouled really hard, too. It hurts like hell when someone karate chops your wrist as you go up inside. Dudes hip check you as you drive and that shit hurts, too.

Been tripped on purpose before... and imo that shit wasn't kosher. Cuz you can really get hurt exploded and someone being like trippp.

Mainly it comes down to are you gonna give someone a bruise or are you going to injure them. Are you going to be 'alpha' or psychopathic. I think Delly is ****ing up.

-Smak

the only people who dont are cleveland or bron stans..

Comparing it to one time olynyk lol.. Dellys done this shit three times in the past two series, taking dirty falls onto people doing work from the ground. Its actually the perfect guise for injuring someone.. look I was falling indiscriminately!

Thing is hes a former rugby player so he knows exactly how to fall/tackle in a scrum.. and its second nature for him to feel it out. He can do it without looking like hes trying.. but a pattern is a pattern.. the refs even admitted as such after the horford incident which is why he got the T.

kshutts1
05-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Don't have time to read all 9 pages, so I apologize if this has been said yet, but...

Gibson and Horford both deserved to be ejected. You don't hit/kick someone like that. No place in basketball for that.

HOWEVER, it really irks me that Dellavedova didn't get a foul, much less a T, for his obvious antics.

Kick out the ones that overreacted in a poor manner; they deserve it for reacting they way they did. But at least charge Delly with a common foul, at minimum, T at best. Should not be able to do something that... dirty... and goad on these players.

kshutts1
05-25-2015, 12:38 PM

Comparing it to one time olynyk lol.. Dellys done this shit three times in the past two series, taking dirty falls onto people doing work from the ground. Its actually the perfect guise for injuring someone.. look I was falling indiscriminately!

Thing is hes a former rugby player so he knows exactly how to fall/tackle in a scrum.. and its second nature for him to feel it out. He can do it without looking like hes trying.. but a pattern is a pattern.. the refs even admitted as such after the horford incident which is why he got the T.
He did get a T?! Awesome!

I take back my mini rant from my previous post. As long as Delly got a T, then that's that.

Horford and Gibson deserved to be ejected, and Delly deserved a T.

ImKobe
05-25-2015, 12:39 PM
Don't have time to read all 9 pages, so I apologize if this has been said yet, but...

Gibson and Horford both deserved to be ejected. You don't hit/kick someone like that. No place in basketball for that.

HOWEVER, it really irks me that Dellavedova didn't get a foul, much less a T, for his obvious antics.

Kick out the ones that overreacted in a poor manner; they deserve it for reacting they way they did. But at least charge Delly with a common foul, at minimum, T at best. Should not be able to do something that... dirty... and goad on these players.

soft fans like you are the reason the league has turned into a joke in terms of banning hard fouls and not allowing any fights...

Players don't even have the right to react to a dirty play anymore.

tpols
05-25-2015, 12:44 PM
He did get a T?! Awesome!

I take back my mini rant from my previous post. As long as Delly got a T, then that's that.

Horford and Gibson deserved to be ejected, and Delly deserved a T.

yup.. he got a T. Refs were citing a "pattern of dirty/reckless behavior". Hes been at it all playoffs long. If Horford didnt slip his leg out a second sooner, that shit wouldve snapped sideways.. reggie was commenting on it the way he did because he used to do this type of stuff himself, like with starks :lol Even he didnt have the chop blocking experience delly has tho.

Kyrie coming back could be a blessing.. this guy is going to try and hurt steph, and that would collapse GS.

Dro
05-25-2015, 01:00 PM
Ehh, still see no problem with the play. No comment about all the other stuff...

wang4three
05-25-2015, 01:19 PM
This reminds me of when Bruce Bowen was sticking his foot underneath people after they took jump shots and people like Vince Carter and Steve Francis twisted their ankle because of the antics. Spurs fans cried "tight defense" while everyone else was saying it was a dirty move.

Quite frankly, I like Delladova's game. He makes the most of his skills and he's confident. Do I think he's dirty? Hell yes, I do. But that's just part of his game.

navy
05-25-2015, 02:19 PM
Yo for real that shit was on purpose.

I thought the leg lock was nothing. I thought the Korver was maybe on purpose, but now looking at the evidence, it definitely was. That dude legit needs to be suspended or heavily fined.

-Smak
Mike Miller is his teammate....

imnew09
05-25-2015, 02:25 PM

Only way to get Mike Miller's play time minutes

Hey Yo
05-25-2015, 02:38 PM
yup.. he got a T. Refs were citing a "pattern of dirty/reckless behavior". Hes been at it all playoffs long. If Horford didnt slip his leg out a second sooner, that shit wouldve snapped sideways.. reggie was commenting on it the way he did because he used to do this type of stuff himself, like with starks :lol Even he didnt have the chop blocking experience delly has tho.

Kyrie coming back could be a blessing.. this guy is going to try and hurt steph, and that would collapse GS.
If Al wasn't trying to pull Delly to the ground, then none it would have happened.

Dude who posted this walks it through frame by frame.

Hey Yo
05-25-2015, 02:42 PM
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/602856806357061634

:roll:

Rake2204
05-25-2015, 02:59 PM

Thing is hes a former rugby player so he knows exactly how to fall/tackle in a scrum.. and its second nature for him to feel it out. He can do it without looking like hes trying.. but a pattern is a pattern.. the refs even admitted as such after the horford incident which is why he got the T.I'm a Pistons fan and I don't see anything wrong with the Korver play or the Horford play. The Gibson play was clearly illegal but did not have an intent to hurt, just to draw a response (which it did). Gibson should not have been ejected and Dellevadova deserved a technical.

Even with the Gibson play, that does not mean every other event involving Dellevadova must be a part of an evil plan. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with his dive during the Korver incident. The object is to recover and secure the ball. The manner with which he did so was effective; he gathered and protected by turning his body away from the defender.

The only difference between Dellevadova's Korver play and this Rondo one is that the opponent in the Atlanta case was unlucky. Rondo could have just as well made contact with a leg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32MjBkENi3M. In fact, the Rondo play shows exactly why players are taught to hit the deck and dive for a loose ball at all costs.

The Horford play was a random battle. Surely Dellevadova drove Horford outward. He should have been. In addition to trying to move Horford out, he was being grabbed and pulled (with Carroll on the floor below him). Ideally, what would have been the right thing for Dellevadova to do in that case, as he was already being pulled to the ground?

TL;DR: They're three separate plays and three different circumstances. One intentional act doesn't mean every other act is also intentional, particularly when the other two plays in question are movements or situations that happen in games all the time.

chosen_one6
05-25-2015, 03:31 PM
If Al wasn't trying to pull Delly to the ground, then none it would have happened.

Dude who posted this walks it through frame by frame.

People are either blind or biased if they say they can't see Horford pulling Delly down.

clipps
05-25-2015, 04:43 PM

You obviously don't play basketball either. What are these "unwritten rules?"

sportjames23
05-25-2015, 04:45 PM
It's okay, the Warriors have a Bogut

Curry = Iron Man
Klay = Captain America
Draymond = Thor
Bogut = Hulk

24-Inch_Chrome
05-25-2015, 04:53 PM
soft fans like you are the reason the league has turned into a joke in terms of banning hard fouls and not allowing any fights...

Players don't even have the right to react to a dirty play anymore.

Hard fouls do what exactly for the game? How do they impact it positively?

Blue&Orange
05-25-2015, 06:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Hd1tGAt.jpg

two hands on the ball, now watching from the camera behind the basket he never pulls the ball towards his body, which is what everybody does, the ball never moves he just throws his body around the ball and towards Korver legs.

Malicious or not? I have my opinion.

Against Horford the intent was too obvious, no pic needed.

imnew09
05-25-2015, 07:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Hd1tGAt.jpg

two hands on the ball, now watching from the camera behind the basket he never pulls the ball towards his body, which is what everybody does, the ball never moves he just throws his body around the ball and towards Korver legs.

Malicious or not? I have my opinion.

Against Horford the intent was too obvious, no pic needed.

This guy dives in and spins his body towards the opponents leg instead of just diving in and securing the ball :facepalm

plowking
05-25-2015, 07:45 PM
This guy dives in and spins his body towards the opponents leg instead of just diving in and securing the ball :facepalm

Instead of what? Keep going head first and get a knee to the head?

You do realize it is human nature, and instinct to protect the vital parts of your body. There is no thought or calculation that goes into it. You access the situation and make an instinctive movement to secure your vital body parts.

Exact same reason people, even parents swerve to protect their side of the car in a split second car accident instead of the side their kids are on. You can't react and think quickly enough to worry about others in a split second.

EDIT: And to the poster above, you don't put the ball in, when it is your base of balance on the ground. He pulls the ball up towards himself and he goes crashing into the ground hard. If he was sliding on the floor already, it would make sense. He isn't. He is diving on it from above.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Spinning his body towards Korver was part of protecting/securing the ball from him. Korver would have to reach over Delly's body to even get at it, versus not spinning at all. You're so f*cking blind with your hate.

ThickassGlasses
05-25-2015, 07:53 PM
People are either blind or biased if they say they can't see Horford pulling Delly down.

Are you even looking? He is pushing Dellavedova's arm down so he can go around him. Notice Horford trying to move around the arm and TO THE BALL. Dellavedova fell because he put all his weight on Horford who then moved.

The reckless part came on the secondary lunge by Delly directly into Horford's leg. I don't think it was an intent to injure but an attempt to land in front of Horford so he couldn't get to the ball.

Alamо
05-25-2015, 08:06 PM
This reminds me of when Bruce Bowen was sticking his foot underneath people after they took jump shots and people like Vince Carter and Steve Francis twisted their ankle because of the antics. Spurs fans cried "tight defense" while everyone else was saying it was a dirty move.

Quite frankly, I like Delladova's game. He makes the most of his skills and he's confident. Do I think he's dirty? Hell yes, I do. But that's just part of his game.

Bruce Bowen was a known dirty player. We need someone like that again. The spurs are getting too soft, and pudgy.

Cleverness
05-26-2015, 01:49 AM
I just watched the footage again. I watched the game live yesterday and honestly I couldn't see how people could interpret that. I was using a crappy stream far from HD so I can only blame it on that because I am usually pretty objective about these things, even if I am a bit of a troll.

I just rewatched the incident on youtube. I admit, I was wrong. I can see why people think the way they do now. In fact I am now thinking more than not, that he is indeed a dirty player. This makes me look like a total idiot considering what I have said previously in this thread but watching the replay over and over its pretty apparent that when Delly was already tied up with Horford and as he goes down he pushes up with his legs, clearly not in an attempt to wrestle for the ball but to project himself onto horver's knees. It happens very quickly (around the 2-3 second mark in the below video) but it does look like Kyle Korver all over again.

Dam this kind of disappoints me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQd-x3iVh0I

This.:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

just like I said earlier. It's not tough to get low and roll around near guys' knees/ankles. It's straight up bitch move that protects yourself and increases risk to others.

Not really. Karl Malone was twice his size and voted the dirtiest player in the NBA by the players in the SI poll. He was widely sen as dirty.

He didnt leave any kinda long list of injured opponents. There are guys he hurt...but not a long list. And he played 18-19 years.

Being dirty doesnt mean you cause major injuries all the time.

We all played dirty players. How often did we tear an ACL because of it?

Karl Malone was definitely a dirty player, but he didn't injure a lot of ACLs because his dirty plays were above the waist; he threw a lot of elbows... didn't roll around on the floor towards guys' knees/ankles.

FPJ
05-26-2015, 02:13 AM
I will not talk about Delly being dirty because it's clear he's not. What i will address though is how ironic it is that the ones bitching and moaning about this are the ones who bitch and moan about how they miss the tougher NBA era.

I<3NBA
05-26-2015, 03:20 AM
I will not talk about Delly being dirty because it's clear he's not. What i will address though is how ironic it is that the ones bitching and moaning about this are the ones who bitch and moan about how they miss the tougher NBA era.
:yaohappy:

these same posters just bitched and moaned that the NBA is a pussified league when the refs gave a flagrant to Pero Antic for fouling Lebron in the air.

they want tougher fouls (but only against Lebron)

AussieG
05-26-2015, 06:52 AM
Delladova is a typical australian basketball player lol what a moron .. i like cleveland but **** this dirty rat
At the start of a running race, as it started, I once elbowed the guy beside me and gave him a bloody nose. He said no worries, but if that was in USA, he probably would have pulled out a gun and shot me.

Number of Aussie sports players who've been be shot or shoot someone.. none. Number of American sports players who have been shot or shoot someone.. too many to count. Three alone, just on my Grizzlies. :mad:

Aussies usually aren't as soft as others, maybe that's why you think they are dirty basketball players. Marc Gasol is tough like that though (unlike his brother) but still wouldn't call him dirty.

Karl Malone was dirty, had to watch out for that elbow.

AussieG
05-26-2015, 06:56 AM
If what you are saying was true, PG's would never turn the ball over. But they do.. because sometimes they lose control of their body, sometimes they lose control of the ball, or sometimes they are just fatigued. Despite being some of the best athletes in the world.

ILLsmak
05-26-2015, 07:57 AM

haha, yea I know, man.

But he still did it. Why would he have his hands like he's boxing out Miller? Why would he have his hand curled into a fist? Who knows maybe they beef in practice. It's hard to say why it happened, but looking at the evidence, despite that he's his teammate, he just whacked him in the nuts on the DL.

-Smak

HurricaneKid
05-26-2015, 11:43 AM
If you watch the full Taj play you see Taj throwing a ridiculous screen, then BLASTING him from behind as the shot goes up. Delly had perfect rebounding position but was shoved 12 feet. Then Delly, after getting clubbed twice and laying prone on the ground with Taj climbing off him like he just ***ed him, locked his leg. Just to tell Taj he wasn't going to be ****ed without a fight. Suggesting he was the one that did something wrong on that play is akin to victim shaming.

The Korver play was 100% on KK. If the ball is rolling around on the ground in the playoffs and someone dives for it and you are still standing up you deserve to have your legs rolled into. If he dives too there is no injury. His lack of hustle caused the injury.

The Horford play is a foul on Horford who is literally pulling Delly to the ground while another player is on the ground forcing him to completely lose his balance. That Horford, would blow up a guy for landing on him when he was the one that pulled him to the ground is incredible to me. That people are out there blaming Delly for it is INSANE. *** Reggie Miller.

If anything, these plays show the opposition and officials completely disregard Delly. In two of them he was clearly fouled with no call. The KK play was just him diving for a loose ball.

chosen_one6
05-26-2015, 12:07 PM
Are you even looking? He is pushing Dellavedova's arm down so he can go around him. Notice Horford trying to move around the arm and TO THE BALL. Dellavedova fell because he put all his weight on Horford who then moved.

The reckless part came on the secondary lunge by Delly directly into Horford's leg. I don't think it was an intent to injure but an attempt to land in front of Horford so he couldn't get to the ball.

Your username suits you quite well. Although I think you'll need thicker glasses to see Horford literally pulling Delly to the ground. Watch the video again multiple times and then you might be able to understand.

I doubt you will with those blinders on though.

Rake2204
05-26-2015, 12:22 PM
If you watch the full Taj play you see Taj throwing a ridiculous screen, then BLASTING him from behind as the shot goes up. Delly had perfect rebounding position but was shoved 12 feet. Then Delly, after getting clubbed twice and laying prone on the ground with Taj climbing off him like he just ***ed him, locked his leg. Just to tell Taj he wasn't going to be ****ed without a fight. Suggesting he was the one that did something wrong on that play is akin to victim shaming.

The Korver play was 100% on KK. If the ball is rolling around on the ground in the playoffs and someone dives for it and you are still standing up you deserve to have your legs rolled into. If he dives too there is no injury. His lack of hustle caused the injury.

The Horford play is a foul on Horford who is literally pulling Delly to the ground while another player is on the ground forcing him to completely lose his balance. That Horford, would blow up a guy for landing on him when he was the one that pulled him to the ground is incredible to me. That people are out there blaming Delly for it is INSANE. *** Reggie Miller.

If anything, these plays show the opposition and officials completely disregard Delly. In two of them he was clearly fouled with no call. The KK play was just him diving for a loose ball.I actually agree with the vast majority of what you said (though I don't feel officials and opposition disregard Dellevadova).

I was out of the loop when the Gibson play happened and I never watched the full exchange until you just mentioned it (only watched the leg lock before). Never realized Gibson truck-sticked Dellevadova from behind. That said, it doesn't make Dellevadova's leg lock any less illegal. But I guess it provides an explanation and understanding as to why he did it to begin with. Still, the Gibson ejection was wrong and Dellevadova deserved to receive an infraction for his play there.

Otherwise, I think I'm totally with you on the others.

BurningHammer
05-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Every teams need secret enforcers, those 12th man tough guy, in case this kind of dirty players show up.

PP34Deuce
05-26-2015, 02:02 PM
I read about Dellavedova and didn't know he was a pretty good rugby player. That would explain his willingness to take physical contacts from others.

He's a tough guy and seems to mentally get in the heads of people. In the bulls series, Rose almost looked hesitant to drive past him even though he is much more athletic.

dare I say, with PG's quicker and more explosive, a physical PG is probably more needed now than before. He has a mean streak.

I don't believe his intention is to hurt anyone. His intention is to throw you off your game and realize he's not to be taken lightly. He also has great composure and I can see him riling up players like Bruce bowen did.

HurricaneKid
05-26-2015, 03:12 PM
I actually agree with the vast majority of what you said (though I don't feel officials and opposition disregard Dellevadova).

I was out of the loop when the Gibson play happened and I never watched the full exchange until you just mentioned it (only watched the leg lock before). Never realized Gibson truck-sticked Dellevadova from behind. That said, it doesn't make Dellevadova's leg lock any less illegal. But I guess it provides an explanation and understanding as to why he did it to begin with. Still, the Gibson ejection was wrong and Dellevadova deserved to receive an infraction for his play there.

Otherwise, I think I'm totally with you on the others.

Delly's leg lock got him an earned tech. I have no issue with the tech he got. I was more explaining the leg lock and his tech than saying it didn't exist.

Meticode
05-26-2015, 06:47 PM
Another instance of a no-call....

Jeff Teague elbows Delly in the chin when trying to full court press in Game 1: https://vine.co/v/eA9LhvIiWqj

KNOW1EDGE
05-26-2015, 06:50 PM
To answer OPs question; Not dirty at all