View Full Version : '15 Curry vs '14 Durant

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 07:42 PM
2014 Durant Playoff Stats Per 100 Possessions

35.9 ppg / 4.8 ast / 10.8 rb / 1.2 stl / 1.2 blk / 4.6 TO on 46% FG and 57% TS%

2015 Curry Playoff Stats Per 100 Possessions

40.4 ppg / 8.9 ast / 6.7 rb / 2.4 stl / .2 blk / 5.3 on 47% FG and 63% TS%

Offensively

'15 Curry is scoring at a higher volume and more efficiently.

KD has a USG% of 31.2 where Curry has a USG% of 32.7. So that means they handle the ball the same amount while Curry is able to score more points while being more efficient while being the superior play maker as Curry is assisting 32.2% of his team's baskets while Durant only assists half the amount at 18.3%. Then factoring in assist to turn over ratio, Durant has almost twice the turnovers to assists as Curry does.

So they both dominate the ball the same. Except Curry gives you superior volume scoring, efficiency, and playmaking. He is just a better offensive player in every aspect.

Defensively

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/2014.html

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com...RAPM_2015.html

Durant
+0.3 Defensively in 2014
+0.9 Defensively in 2015

Curry
+0.7 Defensively in 2014
+0.8 Defensively in 2015

So according to the defensive metrics, Curry and Durant have the exact same impact on the ball defensively. Like I said before if your point guard is giving you this type of defensive impact that is fine, if your SMALL FORWARD is giving you this type of defensive impact then you are in trouble defensively. It's better to have an offensive stud in the back court and a defensive stud on the wing. It's just a better way to build a team. It's the reason why GS has Elite Offense AND Elite Defense.

Your team is going to be better defensively with Steph Curry at the point and a defensive minded Small Forward compared to if you had Durant at SF with a defensive minded point guard. Not to mention Steph Curry's team is going to be better at offense too. If you aren't bringing studly defense at the wing then you are hurting your team. Good defenses need elite wing defenders.

Fudge
05-24-2015, 07:44 PM
Give me Kevin Durant.

Dave3
05-24-2015, 07:48 PM
You got ignored in the Curry thread. Then you responded to your own post begging for attention, and still no one gave you any, so you start a whole new thread trying to get a response to the same thing you tried before twice. How desperate for attention are you exactly?

IGOTGAME
05-24-2015, 07:49 PM
Good analysis. I go with Curry. Durant couldnt lead a team like Golden State to the Finals.

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Durant is comfortably a better player than Curry.

IGOTGAME
05-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Durant is comfortably a better player than Curry.

LOL by what metric.

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 07:51 PM
You got ignored in the Curry thread. Then you responded to your own post begging for attention, and still no one gave you any, so you start a whole new thread trying to get a response to the same thing you tried before twice. How desperate for attention are you exactly?

Desperate for attention? This isn't about me, it's about discussing Steph Curry vs Kevin Durant. There were a lot of people who claimed it was absurd to compare Curry and Durant and they weren't refuting their claims with actual evidence or reasoning so I decided we could bring the discussion in here and hopefully some knowledgeable fans could contribute.

Thank you for reading all of my posts however. Hopefully some day you will be able to contribute to them as well. Until then keep reading and keep learning. ;)

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 07:52 PM
LOL by what metric.

:lol Wait... you're being serious?

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 07:54 PM
KD stans are shook, no one can even make a legit response. :oldlol:

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Hard to take this thread's topic seriously when OP is the biggest Curry fanboy on the board.

2014 Durant > 2015 Curry. I don't even have to explain.

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Hard to take this thread's topic seriously when OP is the biggest Curry fanboy on the board.

2014 Durant > 2015 Curry. I don't even have to explain.

More like it's hard to take the topic seriously because it involves basketball concepts that go way over your head. Stick to making stupid "LOLOL 2/6!!!" posts. You don't know shit about basketball.

Fudge
05-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Hahaha, LRF! LRF!

Kevin Durant is the best player in the world. Never compare that frontrunning little boy to Kevin ever again. EVER!

Cocaine80s
05-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Its obvious Curry is better than Durant

Thats why Lebron beating Curry in the finals makes him top 5 all time

PsychoBe
05-24-2015, 08:01 PM
kd > curry it doesn't have to be said.

more game winners, finals appearance, won the mvp and scoring title in the same year, etc.

if kd was fully healthy the entire year curry would not have won mvp this year. in fact, kd dropped 30 on the warriors.....in the first half alone. :oldlol:

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 08:01 PM
2014 Durant put up 32/7/6 on 50/39/87. Leading his team to 59-23 while his only other competent offensive option is out for a large part of the season. Put up a month of 36/6/6, literally carrying his team night in night out.

Curry gets to put in garbage games and his team still blows out the other team. Curry is a very good player, but he has a superior team with a competent coach. This is not a comparison regardless what happens this season. Curry is just the best player on easily the best team in the league.

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:02 PM
More like it's hard to take the topic seriously because it involves basketball concepts that go way over your head. Stick to making stupid "LOLOL 2/6!!!" posts. You don't know shit about basketball.
Funny thing is... I've never made a "2/6" post, so you just made yourself look like a fool. Also, if you really believe that current Curry is better than 2014 Durant, then you need serious help.

sd3035
05-24-2015, 08:03 PM
easily the two best players in the game at the moment if Durant recovers from his foot ailment

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:04 PM
2014 Durant put up 32/7/6 on 50/39/87. Leading his team to 59-23 while his only other competent offensive option is out for a large part of the season. Put up a month of 36/6/6, literally carrying his team night in night out.

Curry gets to put in garbage games and his team still blows out the other team. Curry is a very good player, but he has a superior team with a competent coach. This is not a comparison regardless what happens this season. Curry is just the best player on easily the best team in the league.

No one cares about padding stats vs garbage teams in the regular season. This is about playoff basketball, you know, when it actually matters.

Fudge
05-24-2015, 08:05 PM
kd > curry it doesn't have to be said.

more game winners, finals appearance, won the mvp and scoring title in the same year, etc.

if kd was fully healthy the entire year curry would not have won mvp this year. in fact, kd dropped 30 on the warriors.....in the first half alone. :oldlol:
:oldlol: :applause:

Toyed with them. Unfortunately, I brought that injury upon KD in the first place. :( So, Curry stans should be thanking ME for his gifted MVP. ****ing scrubs.

TiagoSimoes
healthy grizzlies, clippers and champions spurs vs pelicans injured grizz and rockets(lel).

and regarding to curry being a better scorer:kobe: :whatever:

:durantunimpressed:

warriorfan
Funny thing is... I've never made a "2/6" post, so you just made yourself look like a fool. Also, if you really believe that current Curry is better than 2014 Durant, then you need serious help.

You are make a great counter-argument for Durant.

:yaohappy:

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:07 PM
You are make a great counter-argument for Durant.

:yaohappy:
This is where reading skills come in. Read my first post in your thread. I CLEARLY stated that I didn't need to explain why last year's Durant is a better player than this year's Curry.

Fudge
05-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Played a healthy Grizzlies team in the first round, Clippers in the 2nd, then Spurs in the WCF

Warriors get the Pelicans (lmfao), a brutally beaten down Grizz team, and a team that shouldn't have made the WCF in Houston. :oldlol:

Damn, the luxury... Wish OKC had it that easy every year. Damn. Shit. ****.

Cocaine80s
05-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Lol all Durant did was statpad in the regular season last year. Dude got shat on hard by the Spurs and probably wouldve lost to Memphis & LAC if not for the refs.

Curry is clearly the better playoff performer and its not even close imo

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Played a healthy Grizzlies team in the first round, Clippers in the 2nd, then Spurs in the WCF

Warriors get the Pelicans (lmfao), a brutally beaten down Grizz team, and a team that shouldn't have made the WCF in Houston. :oldlol:

Don't forget that Houston also had 2 starters out for the playoffs. Patrick Beverley and D-Mo.

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 08:09 PM
No one cares about padding stats vs garbage teams in the regular season. This is about playoff basketball, you know, when it actually matters.

Durant put up 30/9/4 in what is considered to be a 'subpar' postseason for him.

Curry putting up 30/5/7 and everyone's going nuts because his team is dominating. :lol

Durant's postseason career: 29/8/4 on 46/34/84.

Curry's postseason career (in 2 less attempts): 26/4/8 on 45/42/86.

Durant > Curry in the regular season, the playoffs, and any other damn place. Doesn't matter if Curry wins a chip or not.

Fudge
05-24-2015, 08:10 PM

Curry putting up 30/5/7 and everyone's going nuts because his team is dominating. :lol

Durant > Curry in the regular season, the playoffs, and any other damn place. Doesn't matter if Curry wins a chip or not.
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

SaltyMeatballs
Lol all Durant did was statpad in the regular season last year. Dude got shat on hard by the Spurs and probably wouldve lost to Memphis & LAC if not for the refs.

Curry is clearly the better playoff performer and its not even close imo
:roll: :roll: :roll:

SaltyMeatballs

:applause:

warriorfan
This is where reading skills come in. Read my first post in your thread. I CLEARLY stated that I didn't need to explain why last year's Durant is a better player than this year's Curry.

Have you ever thought of going into Law? You would be great.

"Now for my closing argument, I don't need a closing argument. Why? Because I said so!!"

:roll:

Fudge
Don't forget that Houston also had 2 starters out for the playoffs. Patrick Beverley and D-Mo.
Good point. Golden State is having the luckiest run for a first seed in NBA playoff history, PERIOD.

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:11 PM
You little bastards who think Curry > Durant are ****ing delusional.

IGOTGAME
05-24-2015, 08:12 PM

Nobody cares

Steph Curry with the shot. get on board.

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:12 PM
Anyone wanna provide statistical evidence that shows that '14 Durant is a better playoff performer than '15 Curry?

Im Still Ballin
05-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Here are the truths;

Kevin Durant is EASILY the better player

Steven Curry has EASILY the better team, therefore he is the best player on the best team

Now chose any team in the league

Lets say Phoenix

Put Durant on Phoenix and they make the playoffs

Put Curry on Phoenix and they don't

It's clear who the better player is

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Anyone wanna provide statistical evidence that shows that '14 Durant is a better playoff performer than '15 Curry?

I just did, can't you read? He was also easily better over the 82 preceding games too.

TiagoSimoes
05-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Have you ever thought of going into Law? You would be great.

"Now for my closing argument, I don't need a closing argument. Why? Because I said so!!"

trolls like you dont deserve proper answers or arguments. we just assume ur retarded and wouldnt understand them anyways.

r0drig0lac
05-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Durant did against better competition

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Here are the truths;

Kevin Durant is EASILY the better player

Steven Curry has EASILY the better team, therefore he is the best player on the best team

Now chose any team in the league

Lets say Phoenix

Put Durant on Phoenix and they make the playoffs

Put Curry on Phoenix and they don't

It's clear who the better player is

:biggums:

You don't know shit about basketball. Stick to soccer and cricket :lol

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:18 PM
trolls like you dont deserve proper answers or arguments. we just assume ur retarded and wouldnt understand them anyways.

I'm a retarded troll yet I was the only one in this thread who has provided mountains of statistical and analytical evidence to support my side of the argument.

Ok

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Good point. Golden State is having the luckiest run for a first seed in NBA playoff history, PERIOD.
Easily.

Literally EVERYTHING came together for GS this year, injuries ravaging every other WC team, GS dealing with mostly minor injuries (unless you count David Lee) an unexpected All-NBA caliber year from Draymond Green as a result of Lee's injury. Speights also got injured, but it looks like the injury BARELY hurt the Warriors.

1st round: Faced a super young, raw Pelicans team. Could've faced the Thunder had Durant and Ibaka not gotten injured. If they did face a healthy Thunder team, it would've been over for the Warriors imo.

2nd round: Mike Conley was out for game 1. Then Tony Allen was out for game 5 and the 2nd half for game 6. If both of them didn't get hurt, I guarantee you this series would've gone to 7 games. Grizzlies would've possibly won.

WCF: Two of Houston's starters are out. Games 1 & 2 could've been different if they (Bev & D-Mo) were here.

Finals: (Looks like its gonna be the Cavs) Love is out. Kyrie is injured.

In short, the Warriors are having everything going their way.

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 08:20 PM
I'm a retarded troll yet I was the only one in this thread who has provided mountains of statistical and analytical evidence to support my side of the argument.

Ok

Yes you're a retarded troll who also is incapable of reading my simple posts. Stay avoiding them like the plague though, my work here is done. :cheers:

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:21 PM

Ok
You didn't need to put those stats out. The dumbass, illiterate little fanboys like you think Curry > Durant. The people who actually know basketball are the ones who know Durant > Curry. Stop making yourself look stupid. Curry is NOT better than Durant.

PickernRoller
05-24-2015, 08:21 PM
Curry> Fraudant.

Much respect for Westbrook who has to put up with a Beta.

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:22 PM
Hey warriorfan, your asking for proof, but you avoided K Xerxes' post. Little bitch.

Curry putting up 30/5/7 and everyone's going nuts because his team is dominating.

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:22 PM
You didn't need to put those stats out. The dumbass, illiterate little fanboys like you think Curry > Durant. The people who actually know basketball are the ones who know Durant > Curry. Stop making yourself look stupid. Curry is NOT better than Durant.

Shooting: Curry
Passing: Curry
Playmaking: Curry
Defense: Curry
Rebounding: Slight edge to Durant

Care to explain?

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:24 PM

Care to explain?
Overall offense: Durant
Rebounding: Durant
Defense: Durant

red1
kd is easily better than curry

warriorfan
Hey warriorfan, your asking for proof, but you avoided K Xerxes' post. Little bitch.

Xerxes was trying to pile in career playoff totals when the subject is about '14 Durant vs '15 Curry. Not relevant to the discussion. We are talking about Prime vs Prime playoff performances.

JohnFreeman
I hate Durant, but he is better than Curry.

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Xerxes was trying to pile in career playoff totals when the subject is about '14 Durant vs '15 Curry. Not relevant to the discussion. We are talking about Prime vs Prime playoff performances.
Didn't read. Durant > Curry.

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Overall offense: Durant
Rebounding: Durant
Defense: Durant

Care to expound on how Durant is a better offensive player when Curry scores more while being more efficient while creating more offense with a better assist to turnover ratio?

Care to expound on how Durant is a better defensive player? In case you missed my first post. According to defensive metrics they have the exact same impact on the defensive end while Curry is a PG and Durant is a SF. Like I said before if you get this type of impact on defense from your SF you are in trouble. That is why OKC has never had a top ranked defense.

Alamо
05-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Everyone seems to agree Durant > Curry

But does that mean Curry is the 3rd best player or what? Is their anyone really better than Curry other than Durant and Lebron?

What about Westbrook vs Curry?

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 08:28 PM

The stats are close enough. Look at the previous 82 game sample too and it's not a question. And regular season isn't 'meaningless'. It's not as important as the playoffs, but Durant was easily better, under the pressure of having to play without a competent second option, while Curry had his team mate capable of dropping 37 points in a quarter and a 50 point game. DPOY candidate, with another DPOY level player anchoring, and a stacked bench. No comparison.

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 08:29 PM
Everyone seems to agree Durant > Curry

But does that mean Curry is the 3rd best player or what? Is their anyone really better than Curry other than Durant and Lebron?

What about Westbrook vs Curry?

Davis is a better player than Curry IMO. Westbrook is arguable. Though I think Curry can justifiably be argued as 3rd, but not top 2.

SaltyMeatballs
05-24-2015, 08:29 PM
Care to expound on how Durant is a better offensive player when Curry scores more while being more efficient while creating more offense with a lesser assist to turnover ratio?

Care to expound on how Durant is a better defensive player? In case you missed my first post. According to defensive metrics they have the exact same impact on the defensive end while Curry is a PG and Durant is a SF. Like I said before if you get this type of impact on defense from your SF you are in trouble. That is why OKC has never had a top ranked defense.
WTF are you talking about? Durant is EASILY a better scorer than Curry.

And if they have the same impact on defense according to those defensive metric stats, then why are you saying Curry is the better defensive player? Talk about a hardcore fanboy. :oldlol:

SexSymbol
05-24-2015, 08:31 PM
Curry is getting underrated just because he's a small player.
He's currently the best player in the league.

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:32 PM
The stats are close enough. Look at the previous 82 game sample too and it's not a question. And regular season isn't 'meaningless'. It's not as important as the playoffs, but Durant was easily better, under the pressure of having to play without a competent second option, while Curry had his team mate capable of dropping 37 points in a quarter and a 50 point game. DPOY candidate, with another DPOY level player anchoring, and a stacked bench. No comparison.

Considering Curry has raised his playoff ppg by 6 points while maintaining his greater than Durant level efficiency I think that shows that Steph was mailing it in during the regular season. This shows if Curry HAD to shoot more in the regular season he has no problem elevating his points per game to Durant's level, in less minutes played to boot.

TiagoSimoes
Care to expound on how Durant is a better offensive player when Curry scores more while being more efficient while creating more offense with a better assist to turnover ratio?

That is why OKC has never had a top ranked defense.

okc has been one of the best defensive teams in the last seasons u fkn idiot, actually our defense as been better than our offence in some. and KD is one of our best defenders, even season it was felt when KD wasnt playing. and this is why ppl dont take u seriously. and lol at curry being at durant's level on offense. gtfo with that weak trolling

PickernRoller

Care to explain?

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/I+was+about+to+write+down+something+similar+about+ bad+_2202ca75470304ff347209073b44cb2c.png

As far as MVP years are concerned.

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 08:33 PM
Considering Curry has raised his playoff ppg by 6 points while maintaining his greater than Durant level efficiency I think that shows that Steph was mailing it in during the regular season. This shows if Curry HAD to shoot more in the regular season he has no problem elevating his points per game to Durant's level, in less minutes played to boot.

I don't do hypotheticals. Curry was able to lay eggs periodically but his team still blew out the other team. Durant was not afforded that luxury and had to pile 30+ points night in night out.

Im Still Ballin
05-24-2015, 08:34 PM
warrior "little guy" fan obviously does not grasp the concept called 'logic'

You're what's wrong with basketball today. Little short geeky stat nerds punching numbers into their calculators. Real basketball minds are all about what they can SEE. Not numbers on paper.

Stop being a little wimpy nerd and watch games. Everyone knows you box-score watch and then sit here and pretend you watched the games, or that you're actually a basketball fan. No. the only reason why you're here is to instigate conflict. Everyone needs a bit of drama in their lives. Most leave it to reality, not online like you.

TiagoSimoes
05-24-2015, 08:34 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/I+was+about+to+write+down+something+similar+about+ bad+_2202ca75470304ff347209073b44cb2c.png

As far as this season and post-season is concerned.

so now we are comparing durant's 2015? my god

Legends66NBA7
05-24-2015, 08:37 PM
Wonder where Curry will rank amongst PG's all-time if he keeps these averages up and wins the title.

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:37 PM
WTF are you talking about? Durant is EASILY a better scorer than Curry.

And if they have the same impact on defense according to those defensive metric stats, then why are you saying Curry is the better defensive player? Talk about a hardcore fanboy. :oldlol:

Once again how is Durant EASILY a better scorer than Curry? All of the stats on the first page show how Curry's playoff scoring in '15 has been superior to Durant's in literally every aspect.

And now it seems like we have gone over your head once again when we are talking on the defensive side. Once again if your Small Forward is playing the same level of defense as your Point Guard then you are in trouble.

It's fairly known knowledge that your Small Forward is supposed to impact the defensive side MORE than your point guard. If your wing defender is average you are going to be roasted on defense and it's impossible to have a top ranked defense. How many top ranked defenses in the past have started mediocre defending Small Forwards? KD is a flawed player to build around because he has to occupy either your SF or PF position and he doesn't have strong defense so your PF or SF are always going to be undermatched which leads to poor team defensive performances.

These are a little more advanced concepts when compared to reading box scores but I hope you can follow.

TiagoSimoes
05-24-2015, 08:39 PM
okc has been an elite defensive team since 2013 stop spewing that bs.

ur like lebron and kobe stans, making other fans talking about these great players instead of enjoying them.

Budadiiii
05-24-2015, 08:39 PM
This fat Mexican loser is still spouting the same boring shit

My ****ing god do you suck... At life.

This phrase gets thrown around a lot but in this instance it's more than necessary; please kill yourself.

You're a shitty troll just as much as you're a shitty worthless boring person. Yes, YES... You suck. You will always suck. So end it now so everyone here on Ish doesn't have to suffer through your suckage too.

Do the right thing for once in your pitiful life you ****ing ugly disease

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:42 PM
I don't do hypotheticals. Curry was able to lay eggs periodically but his team still blew out the other team. Durant was not afforded that luxury and had to pile 30+ points night in night out.

Curry didn't lay eggs. Curry played 32 minutes a game during the regular season because he was so efficient that he blew out the team in 3 quarters or less. He is still doing it in the playoffs. He dropped his 40 points last game by scoring 2 points in the first quarter and 3 points in the 4th quarter. He got to sit because he torched them so badly the game was over in the 4th quarter. A normal occurrence for Curry.

I know you are very desperate to drag garbage regular season stats into this because Curry was able to elevate his game in the playoffs while Durant wasn't but c'mon man.

Im Still Ballin
05-24-2015, 08:42 PM

This phrase gets thrown around a lot but in this instance it's more than necessary; please kill yourself.

You're a shitty troll just as much as you're a shitty worthless boring person. Yes, YES... You suck. You will always suck. So end it now so everyone here on Ish doesn't have to suffer through your suckage too.

:eek:

little cholo got SAUCED HARD.

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 08:46 PM

we saw your pic bro, you are a small and ugly puzzy, you have multiple forum accounts which probably total close to 100,000 posts and you still don't know shit about basketball. just stop wasting your time

K Xerxes
05-24-2015, 08:56 PM

Curry didn't lay eggs. Curry played 32 minutes a game during the regular season because he was so efficient that he blew out the team in 3 quarters or less. He is still doing it in the playoffs. He dropped his 40 points last game by scoring 2 points in the first quarter and 3 points in the 4th quarter. He got to sit because he torched them so badly the game was over in the 4th quarter. A normal occurrence for Curry.

I know you are very desperate to drag garbage regular season stats into this because Curry was able to elevate his game in the playoffs while Durant wasn't but c'mon man.

Just looked at his game log. Seen games where he put up 8, 15, 16, 12, 13, 10 and 9 points. Most on poor efficiency. All of those in wins. Most of them with double digit wins. And you have the gall to say that he's a better player than Kevin Durant. If Durant put up those types of games last year, OKC wouldn't be in the playoffs. :lol

Budadiiii
05-24-2015, 08:57 PM
we saw your pic bro, you are a small and ugly puzzy, you have multiple forum accounts which probably total close to 100,000 posts and you still don't know shit about basketball. just stop wasting your time
I know more about negro ball than you do about yourself

You still haven't figured out that you're as worthless as a dull hook in deep waters

You serve no purpose here. None. But you continue to type as if you actually do have posts that are worthy.

But the sad reality is that you are just as invisible and pointless on here as you are in real life

Your anonymity doesn't give you a hall pass to be a meaningful voice. It doesn't give you some sort of power that makes you interesting or important.

You suck with anonymity just like you suck without it.

avonbarksdale
05-24-2015, 08:58 PM
durant is obviously better

Spurs m8
05-24-2015, 09:00 PM

lol this kind of behaviour is classic.
OP must be a shit to hang around with IRL hahah
LISTEN TO ME, LISTEN TO ME!!!

Wade's Rings
05-24-2015, 09:01 PM
Easily.

Literally EVERYTHING came together for GS this year, injuries ravaging every other WC team, GS dealing with mostly minor injuries (unless you count David Lee) an unexpected All-NBA caliber year from Draymond Green as a result of Lee's injury. Speights also got injured, but it looks like the injury BARELY hurt the Warriors.

1st round: Faced a super young, raw Pelicans team. Could've faced the Thunder had Durant and Ibaka not gotten injured. If they did face a healthy Thunder team, it would've been over for the Warriors imo.

2nd round: Mike Conley was out for game 1. Then Tony Allen was out for game 5 and the 2nd half for game 6. If both of them didn't get hurt, I guarantee you this series would've gone to 7 games. Grizzlies would've possibly won.

WCF: Two of Houston's starters are out. Games 1 & 2 could've been different if they (Bev & D-Mo) were here.

Finals: (Looks like its gonna be the Cavs) Love is out. Kyrie is injured.

In short, the Warriors are having everything going their way.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 09:02 PM
Just looked at his game log. Seen games where he put up 8, 15, 16, 12, 13, 10 and 9 points. Most on poor efficiency. All of those in wins. Most of them with double digit wins. And you have the gall to say that he's a better player than Kevin Durant. If Durant put up those types of games last year, OKC wouldn't be in the playoffs. :lol

Steph Curry 8 points w/ double digit win vs UTH (terrible team)
Steph Curry 10 points w/ double digit win vs SAC (terrible team)
Steph Curry 13 points w/ double digit win vs PHI (terrible team)

Why the hell do you keep bringing up regular season games vs the most terrible teams in the league?

Once again regular season games vs Jazz, Kings, and 76ers do not matter

What matters more, playoff performance or regular season performances vs dumpster tanking teams that you will beat regardless?

Micku
05-24-2015, 09:09 PM
2014 Durant Playoff Stats Per 100 Possessions

35.9 ppg / 4.8 ast / 10.8 rb / 1.2 stl / 1.2 blk / 4.6 TO on 46% FG and 57% TS%

2015 Curry Playoff Stats Per 100 Possessions

40.4 ppg / 8.9 ast / 6.7 rb / 2.4 stl / .2 blk / 5.3 on 47% FG and 63% TS%

Offensively

'15 Curry is scoring at a higher volume and more efficiently.

KD has a USG% of 31.2 where Curry has a USG% of 32.7. So that means they handle the ball the same amount while Curry is able to score more points while being more efficient while being the superior play maker as Curry is assisting 32.2% of his team's baskets while Durant only assists half the amount at 18.3%. Then factoring in assist to turn over ratio, Durant has almost twice the turnovers to assists as Curry does.

I don't know if this has been said, but that's not what usg% means. It means how much of a percentage does the offense run through you. It has little to do with handling the ball (that's time of possession) and it has more to do with the amount of team plays occurs while that specific player is on the floor. So you can say that the Warriors rely on Curry slightly more than Durant according to usg% on offense. Mostly because Curry is in god mode right now.

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 09:12 PM
I don't know if this has been said, but that's not what usg% means. It means how much of a percentage does the offense run through you. It has little to do with handling the ball (that's time of possession) and it has more to do with the amount of team plays occurs while that specific player is on the floor. So you can say that the Warriors rely on Curry slightly more than Durant according to usg% on offense. Mostly because Curry is in god mode right now.

Does that change my initial point on how Curry generates more offense while being more efficient? More off the offense runs through him as he scores more on higher efficiency while assisting almost twice as much as he keeps a better assist to turnover ratio.

Micku
05-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Does that change my initial point on how Curry generates more offense while being more efficient? More off the offense runs through him as he scores more on higher efficiency while assisting almost twice as much as he keeps a better assist to turnover ratio.

It doesn't change your overall point that Curry is beasting. It just changes the whole notion of who handles the ball more. You have to check out time of possession, which you can check out the nba.com now. For example, this year Curry time of possession (min) is 6.7. Durant last year was 3.1. So, Curry naturally hold the ball more than twice as much than Durant since he is PG. KD plays way more off the ball.

It seems like handling the ball is a common misconception of usg%.

However, this doesn't work to Durant's favor since he was turnover prone while holding the ball and probably passing less.

Wade's Rings
05-24-2015, 09:30 PM

Thanks for explaining this, I always wondered what the difference was.:applause:

warriorfan
05-24-2015, 09:37 PM
It doesn't change your overall point that Curry is beasting. It just changes the whole notion of who handles the ball more. You have to check out time of possession, which you can check out the nba.com now. For example, this year Curry time of possession (min) is 6.7. Durant last year was 3.1. So, Curry naturally hold the ball more than twice as much than Durant since he is PG. KD plays way more off the ball.

It seems like handling the ball is a common misconception of usg%.

However, this doesn't work to Durant's favor since he was turnover prone while holding the ball and probably passing less.

Good take and thanks for the input. Most insightful post we have had yet. :applause:

TheMilkyBarKid
05-24-2015, 09:40 PM
Durant, quite easily. He has a greater overall influence on the game.

It seems like some fans are giving Curry way too much credit for the Warriors success.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 04:56 AM
Not one reasonable argument for Durant, looks like Curry has this in the bag.

Budadiiii
05-25-2015, 05:07 AM

and so it give you satisfaction?

what does it matter who the better player is between the two. what significance does that have in your life?

wow. its like you're speaking a foreign language when you type. you created a new language called loser.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 05:10 AM

what does it matter who the better player is between the two. what significance does that have in your life?

wow. its like you're speaking a foreign language when you type. you created a new language called loser.

:facepalm

navy
05-25-2015, 05:13 AM
Durant had one of the all time great individual regular seasons in 2014. Curry had an all time team effort.

You could make the case that Curry is playing better in the playoffs , but to say he's the better player? No.

Budadiiii
05-25-2015, 05:15 AM
:facepalm
i seriously cant comprehend the conversations you guys are having now that im clean.

all this shit over basketball players? ****ing really?

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 05:16 AM
i seriously cant comprehend the conversations you guys are having now that im clean.

all this shit over basketball players? ****ing really?

you dont get it because you don't know anything about basketball :oldlol:

Budadiiii
05-25-2015, 05:22 AM
you dont get it because you don't know anything about basketball :oldlol:
i grew up playing basketball. i know quite a bit about it actually.

how bout you? what age did you start playing and when did you stop playing competitively?

i played up until my junior year. played point guard. i actually played a lot like harden. drew a lot of fouls. could shoot well, handle the rock, very savvy.

i injured my tailbone and couldnt play for two months. during that time i got into opiates originally because of the pain. turned into an addiction. didnt play my last year of high school, and only hoop in an intramural league at my college now.

KG215
05-25-2015, 05:25 AM

Ignoring every reasonable argument for Durant =/= "not one reasonable argument for Durant", dumbass.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 05:27 AM
Ignoring every reasonable argument for Durant =/= "not one reasonable argument for Durant", dumbass.

Not one good Durant argument here, you are tripping.

KG215
05-25-2015, 05:36 AM
You also can't ignore the very likely fact that Durant was very worn down by the playoffs due to what he had to do in the regular season to keep OKC at the top of the Western Conference standings. His 2014 regular season was absurd and Curry's 2014 regular season doesn't even come close to touching it. Curry was afforded the luxury of resting something like 18 4th quarters this season, and had plenty of other games where he could not bring his A, B, and maybe barely his C game and still see his team cruise to an easy victory. The 2015 Warriors are deeper, better defensively, and better coached than the 2014 Thunder even when they had Westbrook.

With that said, yes, so far Curry's 2015 playoff run has been better than Durant's 2014 playoff run. However, Curry also entered this year's playoffs MUCH fresher than Durant entered the 2014 playoffs, and he's been afforded the luxury of facing inferior competition compared to what Durant faced in the 2014 playoffs. Factor in what I mentioned earlier about the 2015 Warriors being deeper, better defensively, and better coached than the 2014 Thunder, and you can't just compare their playoff runs and say "2015 Curry > Durant". Especially when you just ignore how much better 2014 Regular Season Durant was than 2015 Regular Season Curry.

And Curry's defense is getting overrated. He is not a better all-around defender than Durant. Curry is a very good defender for his position, but his defense is also inflated by being surrounded by very good to great defensive players. Hell, he might be the 5th best/worst defender in Golden State's starting lineup. Ibaka is OKC's best and most important player on the defensive end, but the Thunder also relied heavily on Durant's size, length, and athleticism to defend multiple positions in their switch everything defensive scheme under Brooks.

KG215
05-25-2015, 05:37 AM

Not one good Durant argument here, you are tripping.
There are arguments as good as or better than your argument for Curry. You're just ignoring all of them.

aj1987
05-25-2015, 05:42 AM
KD and it's not particularly close. Curry is a slightly better shooter and passer than KD was, but everything else, KD does better. Better rebounder, scorer, and defender.

It's like posters on ISH have a 2 day memory span. KD was literally destroying the league last season. One of the best individual seasons ever. Definitely in the top 20. He also had a team which wasn't even half as good as this Warriors team.

SaltyMeatballs
05-25-2015, 05:59 AM
KD and it's not particularly close. Curry is a slightly better shooter and passer than KD was, but everything else, KD does better. Better rebounder, scorer, and defender.

It's like posters on ISH have a 2 day memory span. KD was literally destroying the league last season. One of the best individual seasons ever. Definitely in the top 20. He also had a team which wasn't even half as good as this Warriors team.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 06:02 AM

How many number 1 defenses has KD played for?

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

KG215
05-25-2015, 06:11 AM

The f**k does this have to do with anything? Curry's something like the 5th or 6th best defender on his own team this year. Bogut, Green, Klay, and Iggy are for sure better defenders, and you could make a case Barnes is a better defender than Curry, too.

Curry is a good defensive PG, but he's not the main or second main reason why the Warriors are the #1 defense in the league this year. He starts with at least 3 players who are better defensively (Bogut, Green, Klay) and plays on a team with at least four definitively better defensive players in Bogut, Green, Klay, and Iguodala.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 06:12 AM
The f**k does this have to do with anything? Curry's something like the 5th or 6th best defender on his own team this year. Bogut, Green, Klay, and Iggy are for sure better defenders, and you could make a case Barnes is a better defender than Curry, too.

Curry is a good defensive PG, but he's not the main or second main reason why the Warriors are the #1 defense in the league this year. He starts with at least 3 players who are better defensively (Bogut, Green, Klay) and plays on a team with at least four definitively better defensive players in Bogut, Green, Klay, and Iguodala.

Build a number 1 defense around KD being your starting SF...You can't do it.

KG215
05-25-2015, 06:16 AM
Build a number 1 defense around KD being your starting SF...You can't do it.
:oldlol:

PG John Wall
SG Klay Thompson
SF Kevin Durant
PF Draymond Green
C Andrew Bogut

Done.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 06:21 AM
:oldlol:

PG Chris Paul
SG Klay Thompson
SF Kevin Durant
PF Draymond Green
C Andrew Bogut

Done.

PG Chris Paul (20 Million)
SG Klay Thompson (15 Million)
SF Kevin Durant (20 Million)
PF Draymond Green (1 Million)
C Andrew Bogut (12 million )

68 Million on your starting 5? You realize you need more than 5 players right?

dabigbaws
05-25-2015, 06:21 AM
Imagine curry trying to keep a thunder team, which had sefolosha perkins and reggie Jackson in the starting line up, FIRST in the west

There's no doubt a line up of curry Jackson sefolosha ibaka and perkins would not make the playoffs

Durant had them number 1 seed lmao

This blokes a retard

aj1987
05-25-2015, 06:22 AM

You do realize that Curry is playing with 2 of the best perimeter defenders in Klay and Iggy and 2 DPOY level players in Bogut and Green, right?

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 06:24 AM
You do realize that Curry is playing with 2 of the best perimeter defenders in Klay and Iggy and 2 DPOY level players in Bogut and Green, right?

You realize those guys are always on the floor because Curry is a PG and doesn't occupy a wing slot right? How much play time would Klay and Iggy get with Durant? Not as much while Durant harms the defense by being weak on the wing. Durant will never play for a top ranked defense. You cant have Kevin Durant's average defense on your wing for 35+ minutes and be a good defensive team, deal with it.

KG215
05-25-2015, 06:24 AM
PG Chris Paul (20 Million)
SG Klay Thompson (15 Million)
SF Kevin Durant (20 Million)
PF Draymond Green (1 Million)
C Andrew Bogut (12 million )

68 Million on your starting 5? You realize you need more than 5 players right?

You said build a #1 defense around Durant, as if it's impossible. Just replace Wall with someone like Bledsoe, it doesn't matter. Curry is far from the main reason the Warriors were the #1 defense in the NBA this year.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 06:27 AM
You said build a #1 defense around Durant, as if it's impossible. Just replace Wall with someone like Bledsoe, it doesn't matter. Curry is far from the main reason the Warriors were the #1 defense in the NBA this year.

You arn't addressing the fact that.

A) KD is a mediocre defender.

B) Playing a mediocre defending SF for 35+ minutes a game will hurt your defense greatly

dannywpt
05-25-2015, 06:31 AM
Curry is great, but Durant is still at another tier along with Bronbron.

KG215
05-25-2015, 06:33 AM

He's not. He's a net positive wing defender and, by some defensive metrics the previous 3-4 seasons, he's closer to being an elite defensive wing than a mediocre defensive wing.

B) Playing a mediocre defending SF for 35+ minutes a game will hurt your defense greatly
So how do you explain this?

2011-2012: OKC 11th in NBA in DRtg
2012-2013: OKC 4th in NBA in DRtg
2013-2014: OKC 6th in NBA in DRtg

Not bad for a team with their starting SF "hurting their defense greatly."

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 06:42 AM
He's not. He's a net positive wing defender and, by some defensive metrics the previous 3-4 seasons, he's closer to being an elite defensive wing than a mediocre defensive wing.

So how do you explain this?

2011-2012: OKC 11th in NBA in DRtg
2012-2013: OKC 4th in NBA in DRtg
2013-2014: OKC 6th in NBA in DRtg

Not bad for a team with their starting SF "hurting their defense greatly."

Not bad at all. If they had a good defensive SF they would of been ranked number 1 and gone farther in the playoffs. Offense wins regular season games, defense wins championships.

fragokota
05-25-2015, 09:34 AM
Don't know if his season is as good as KD's 2014 but the kid won MVP, his team was the best team in the league by far AND his post-season is clearly more succesfull than KD's playoff run. He also stepped up his game big time in playoffs.

So i don't see how people dismiss his case so easily like it was a subpar year or anything. KD's maybe still better (that depends on the final outcome of Curry's year) but acting like his legendary year so far is nowhere near Kd's is stupid....

DMAVS41
05-25-2015, 09:37 AM
Durant was clearly better in the regular season of the two, but Curry has clearly been better in the playoffs imo.

If Curry keeps this up and they win the title...I'll probably give it to Curry. Durant in the playoffs last year was nowhere near as good as the numbers suggest.

Dude would have gone home early if not for Reggie Jackson bailing his ass out a couple times.

TiagoSimoes
05-25-2015, 10:57 AM

keep trying to convince urself of that. KD is was one of the best defenders in okc teams that were top5
stay delusional

BlakFrankWhite
05-25-2015, 11:25 AM
KD's 2014 reg season is GOAT

BlakFrankWhite
05-25-2015, 11:26 AM
In jan 2014....KD went 36/6/6 on a 68% TS....no one can come close to matching that feat

Fudge
05-25-2015, 11:48 AM

Welcome back, champ.

Poor warriorfan got slaughtered in his own thread. KG215 going in raw, no lube. Budadiiii with the facial after. Worst thread backfire i've seen in a while. Damn.

Durant was miles better. Probably a top 5 MVP season in history. Deal with it.

T_L_P
05-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Curry is playing better this postseason than Durant did last year.

Curry has better stats (which includes much better advanced stats), but watching him play...he has that peak Nash kind of impact on teammates. I think he makes them look a lot better than they are, by drawing in defenses like very few do and his willingness to put them in the right places. Durant doesn't have that kind of transformative impact on his team.

BlakFrankWhite
05-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Durant's game 6 vs a healthy Memphis is one of the GOAT performances in a elimination game.....

36/11 on a 11/21 shooting while getting double teamed on every possesion by two excellent defenders in Z-Bo and Tony Allen,

don't forget they were on the road.

Or his 39/16 @Clippers in game 6 WCSF....ripped Blake into shreds

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 05:01 PM
I admit '14 Durant had the statistical greater regular season.

The whole time I was talking about the playoffs in which '15 Curry has played better.

I still think that '15 Curry could of put these playoff numbers up during the whole season if needed.

Inferno
05-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Lol it's probably Durant. I'd still rather have Steph on this team though.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Durant's game 6 vs a healthy Memphis is one of the GOAT performances in a elimination game.....

36/11 on a 11/21 shooting while getting double teamed on every possesion by two excellent defenders in Z-Bo and Tony Allen,

don't forget they were on the road.

Or his 39/16 @Clippers in game 6 WCSF....ripped Blake into shreds

Zbo and Blake arn't even mediocre defenders, Curry has had multiple games as good and better then those during these playoffs.

Inferno
05-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Damn I miss watching KD play...dude absolutely killed the league last year

Doranku
05-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Curry this year has played as well or better than Durant EVER has in the playoffs, imo.

Inferno
05-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Curry this year has played as well or better than Durant EVER has in the playoffs, imo.

Playoffs you can argue, but KD's regular season last year was on another level. Curry might be able to have a regular season as good as that, but he clearly doesn't need to because the Warriors as a whole are that good.

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Playoffs you can argue, but KD's regular season last year was on another level. Curry might be able to have a regular season as good as that, but he clearly doesn't need to because the Warriors as a whole are that good.

More like because Curry is that good. Honestly replace Steph Curry with another point guard.

PG: (Insert anyone here)
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Harrison Barnes
PF: Draymond Green
C: Andrew Bogut

Realistically how well does that team finish offensively? Top 15? top 20? top 25? Curry is the reason why teams are blown out before the 4th quarter begins.

dubeta
05-25-2015, 05:54 PM
LOL Durant wet the bed every single round, broke a new record for choking in a playoff run, no comparison gimme Curry

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Durant relies on athleticism more than Curry. Durant is coming off a major foot injury while advancing into his late 20's.

Durant is going to decline while Curry is going to keep getting better.

Durant's time has passed. It's now the era of AMC.