PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins/Towns

FireDavidKahn
05-24-2015, 10:10 PM
http://zagsblog.com/articles/kentuckys-towns-says-it-would-be-a-blessing-to-go-no-1-in-nba-draft-to-the-minnesota-timberwolves/

[QUOTE]*

T_L_P
05-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Sucks that Wiggins will only amount to a role player or a gunner who should really be a role player.

Imagine Parker/Towns though. :eek:

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Sucks that Wiggins will only amount to a role player or a gunner who should really be a role player.

Imagine Parker/Towns though. :eek:

So Wiggins' floor to a Wiggins hater is a gunner with elite defense?

T_L_P
05-24-2015, 10:19 PM
So Wiggins' floor to a Wiggins hater is a gunner with elite defense?

I don't consider myself a Wiggins hater. He's seems like a really nice kid who just wants to play, wherever that may be.

However, he just had the keys to a terrible team for a season and he was incredible mediocre. His defense wasn't elite either and I doubt it ever becomes that. :confusedshrug:

JtotheIzzo
05-24-2015, 11:13 PM
I don't consider myself a Wiggins hater. He's seems like a really nice kid who just wants to play, wherever that may be.

However, he just had the keys to a terrible team for a season and he was incredible mediocre. His defense wasn't elite either and I doubt it ever becomes that. :confusedshrug:

Thanks for your incredible mediocre insight.

try watching games next time instead of relying on heresy and stats.

veilside23
05-24-2015, 11:16 PM

after one season you are already giving up on his defense and what do you think parker plays better defense...

as far as i know defense is the last worry for Wiggins there's not a lot of people that can do this

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/141113003028-0021400117-hou-min-play5-00000528.1200x672.jpg

Eric Cartman
05-24-2015, 11:21 PM
So that's why Towns was smiling when the Wolves got the top pick.

He's excited as f*ck to built a dynasty there :applause:

Sportal
05-24-2015, 11:24 PM

Are you stu-... Wait, clearly you are.

Wiggins was given the keys? In which way? Because he played the most minutes? Is that what it means?

Oh wait... Because the offense always flowed through him like it does with LeBron? No wait, that's wrong, that didn't happen...

Uhhhh, because Wiggins had the ok to shoot whenever he wished and had the most attempts per game? No, no no. That was Kevin Martin who played less minutes and had more shots...

So... Care to explain how Wiggins was "given the keys"?

Taller than CP3
05-24-2015, 11:29 PM
Wiggins/Towns and Clarkson/Okafor

gonna be pretty awesome

NugzFan
05-24-2015, 11:30 PM

gonna be pretty awesome

Lol at comparing those two

ThickassGlasses
05-24-2015, 11:32 PM

gonna be pretty awesome

Embiid/Russell :bowdown:

Sportal
05-24-2015, 11:36 PM

Lavine/Wiggins/Towns

Clarkson/Randle/Okafor

Mudiay/Noel/Embiid

:cheers:

Eric Cartman
05-25-2015, 02:46 AM
Lavine/Wiggins/Towns

Clarkson/Randle/Okafor

Mudiay/Noel/Embiid

:cheers:
Everyone is set for 10+ years except for the Knicks :lol

imdaman99
05-25-2015, 02:48 AM
Melo/Mudiay :bowdown:

The East's version of Durant/Westbrook :bowdown:

Shut it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

JimmyMcAdocious
05-25-2015, 02:56 AM
Zagoria is a self-involved hack.

veilside23
05-25-2015, 03:24 PM
if only someone can take pek or even rubio together with the 31st and 36th pick and the wolves can go up to pick portis and or jones i would be more than happy.

jones/ mo williams.
lavine/ muhammad
wiggins/budinger
portis/payne/kg
towns/free agent

UK2K
05-25-2015, 03:28 PM

gonna be pretty awesome

Wiggins/Towns by a mile.

Then Russell/Nerlens/Embiid

Then Clarkson/Randle/Okafor

KembaWalker
05-25-2015, 03:29 PM
Not even a TWolves fan but the thought of this duo excites me

Rooster
05-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Not even a TWolves fan but the thought of this duo excites me

It's probably gonna take them another 2 years to make the playoff but their core is very young and promising. They should let them grow together with veteran like Garnett to guide them.

Rooster
05-25-2015, 03:43 PM
if only someone can take pek or even rubio together with the 31st and 36th pick and the wolves can go up to pick portis and or jones i would be more than happy.

jones/ mo williams.
lavine/ muhammad
wiggins/budinger
portis/payne/kg
towns/free agent

You might find some suitors for Rubio but Pek salary and his questionable health is just not realistic. I think Rubio will thrive with all the gazelles running with him but he really need to work and have confidence in his jumpshots to be elite.

IGOTGAME
05-25-2015, 03:46 PM
You might find some suitors for Rubio but Pek salary and his questionable health is just not realistic. I think Rubio will thrive with all the gazelles running with him but he really need to work and have confidence in his jumpshots to be elite.

trading Rubio would be dumb. he is the only guy with winning experience and he is good for the culture.

Rubio is the perfect guy to develop both Wiggins and Towns. He puts them in position to succeed just by being on the floor. The issue with Rubio comes up if they draft Okafor, but it still could work.

ImKobe
05-25-2015, 03:47 PM
huge fan of Wiggins, as much as I'd love to see Towns in L.A I am excited to see how those two play together, could be a dynasty in the making.

navy
05-25-2015, 03:55 PM

People need to stop this. The current one and done culture means that the rookies are raw as hell. Give them a few years before you judge their impact/performance. Especially defense.

veilside23
05-25-2015, 04:12 PM
trading Rubio would be dumb. he is the only guy with winning experience and he is good for the culture.

Rubio is the perfect guy to develop both Wiggins and Towns. He puts them in position to succeed just by being on the floor. The issue with Rubio comes up if they draft Okafor, but it still could work.

rubio has been healthy for 1 season the last 4 years... do you really think that he would take the twolves to promise land... while i agree that he could be that PG that gives wiggins and towns better looks at the basket the main concern is lets say come playoff time he crumbles and gets injured then what?

I understand health is always a question but if they can get something out of rubio right now that can benefit them in the long run why not.. Even if it means that they need to give up another player like martin as long as they can get someone good or a future first round pick.

IGOTGAME
05-25-2015, 04:19 PM
rubio has been healthy for 1 season the last 4 years... do you really think that he would take the twolves to promise land... while i agree that he could be that PG that gives wiggins and towns better looks at the basket the main concern is lets say come playoff time he crumbles and gets injured then what?

I understand health is always a question but if they can get something out of rubio right now that can benefit them in the long run why not.. Even if it means that they need to give up another player like martin as long as they can get someone good or a future first round pick.

Rubio brings a winning mentality that I'd want around my developing players. He also brings structure, you need that when developing young talent and I doubt you get that level of intangible in return for Rubio. Also, I can see Rubio as a point guard on a championship team, he is that type of competitor. Injuries are always a game of risk, just how much are you willing to take and what are the other options...

ThickassGlasses
05-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Wiggins/Towns by a mile.

Then Russell/Nerlens/Embiid

Then Clarkson/Randle/Okafor

I don't see the mile part, but yes I'd rank it

Lavine/Wiggins/Tows

Russel/Noel>Embiid

Clarkson/Randle/Okafor

While the Lakers 3 is promising and very good players, I think they have the 3rd best of their "Future Big 3" at all three spots in this scenario. It changes a bit if Philly goes Mudiay, who I'm not near as high on, it'd bring them down towards LA. We also have to consider Philly trying to move back up into the first with what seems like 8 second round picks they have.