PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read the Antman comics?

sammichoffate
05-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Is he important for the MCU?

embersyc
05-25-2015, 01:50 PM
Is he important for the MCU?

He is a core founding member of the Avengers and the creator of Ultron.

He invented the Antman/Giant Man Costume. He invented the Yellow Jacket costume. He invented Wasp's costume.

In the comics he is very important. Much less so in the movies, since they appear to have given most of his scientific abilities and history to Tony Stark instead and wont use Hank Pym as Antman in the movie either...

sammichoffate
05-25-2015, 01:57 PM

He invented the Antman/Giant Man Costume. He invented the Yellow Jacket costume. He invented Wasp's costume.

In the comics he is very important. Much less so in the movies, since they appear to have given most of his scientific abilities and history to Tony Stark instead and wont use Hank Pym as Antman in the movie either...With that all in mind what role do you think he'll play in terms of future films, if any?

embersyc
05-25-2015, 03:34 PM
With that all in mind what role do you think he'll play in terms of future films, if any?

That probably depends on how much of a box office success the movie is.

They've certainly set up the cinematic universe to not need Antman. That being said, he is getting a standalone movie, so far only Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Cap have stand alone movies, so it would appear that they are positioning him to be a major character going forward.

Clyde
05-25-2015, 04:37 PM

In the comics he is very important. Much less so in the movies, since they appear to have given most of his scientific abilities and history to Tony Stark instead and wont use Hank Pym as Antman in the movie either...

Paul Rudd isn't playing Hank Pym, he's playing Scott Lang.

Michael Douglas plays Pym (first known as giant man I believe), and I doubt he'll have much of a story in the movies.

i'm fully expecting more of a fun comedy type movie, which will have little to no impact o the MCU.