PDA

View Full Version : All The Pressure Is On Golden State in The Finals...

Foster5k
05-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Pressure can do a lot of things. It can make the greatest shooters turn into air ballers. It can turn the brave into the lion without a heart. It can turn focus into constant mishaps.

Point being, all the pressure is on Golden State. They are the favorites. They are the powerhouse that's suppose to win the Finals. With all this pressure and with the inexperience of being in the NBA Finals, the mighty Golden State Warriors can fall.

I'm not saying the pressure will solely cause them to lose the series versus the Cavs. I'm just saying that anything can happen when you place a lot of pressure on someone. All of sudden, the pipes start to leak and the flood opens.

LeBron James has nothing to lose. Win or lose he got his boys to the Finals even with key injuries. Sure, he'll go 2/6 if he lose, however I don't think he really cares. Also, no one can really blame him for running into a buzz saw like the Warriors. Besides LeBron, everyone else is playing with house money and no pressure. J.R. Smith is the definition of care free and gun until the bullets run out.

The Warriors are basically already being crowned the champions. Every media talking head is picking them to win and slaughter the Cavs. Their parade is already being scheduled and floats already being made.

If the Warriors somehow lose to the Cavs, it will be one of the biggest upsets in sports history. That's a lot of pressure no matter how you slice it.

ISHGoat
05-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Pressure can do a lot of things. It can make the greatest shooters turn into air ballers. It can turn the brave into the lion without a heart. It can turn focus into constant mishaps.

Point being, all the pressure is on Golden State. They are the favorites. They are the powerhouse that's suppose to win the Finals. With all this pressure and with the inexperience of being in the NBA Finals, the mighty Golden State Warriors can fall.

I'm not saying the pressure will solely cause them to lose the series versus the Cavs. I'm just saying that anything can happen when you place a lot of pressure on someone. All of sudden, the pipes start to leak and the flood opens.

LeBron James has nothing to lose. Win or lose he got his boys to the Finals even with key injuries. Sure, he'll go 2/6 if he lose, however I don't think he really cares. Also, no one can really blame him for running into a buzz saw like the Warriors. Besides LeBron, everyone else is playing with house money and no pressure. J.R. Smith is the definition of care free and gun until the bullets run out.

The Warriors are basically already being crowned the champions. Everyone media talking head is picking them to win and slaughter the Cavs. Their parade is already being scheduled and floats already being made.

If the Warriors somehow lose to the Cavs, it will be one of the biggest upsets in sports history. That's a lot of pressure no matter how you slice it.

As a huge lestan, dallas in 2011 is equally bad or worse

smoovegittar
05-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Dream on...

Genaro
05-25-2015, 04:53 PM
This team is under pressure since the playoffs started and they've managed pretty well so far. If they lose it'll be because the Cavs outplay them, not because of pressure.

dubeta
05-25-2015, 04:54 PM
No excuses..

Xiengqichess
05-25-2015, 04:55 PM
The presure is to play 5 on 8.

DonDadda59
05-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Bron stans trying to have their cake and eat it too, cover all bases:

Bron da GOAT, only player ever who can lead scrubs to a sweep of GOAT 60 win team... but the 60 win team from the West da real MVP doe.

Rose'sACL
05-25-2015, 04:57 PM

The Warriors are basically already being crowned the champions. Every media talking head is picking them to win and slaughter the Cavs. Their parade is already being scheduled and floats already being made.

2004 pistons win over lakers and 2011 mavs win over heat were bigger upsets.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2015, 06:35 PM
As a huge lestan, dallas in 2011 is equally bad or worse

a good share of people had the Mavs winning before the finals.. I was ****ing worried though lol.. wanted the Bulls to win the ECF.

oh the horror
05-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Bron stans trying to have their cake and eat it too, cover all bases:

Bron da GOAT, only player ever who can lead scrubs to a sweep of GOAT 60 win team... but the 60 win team from the West da real MVP doe.

Bingo. Like how that works?

It'll be the same with the Warriors.

If he wins its because he's the GOAT and he did it on his own.

If he loses? It's because his players are injured and he's surrounded by scrubs.

Inferno
05-25-2015, 06:45 PM
no excuses

Sarcastic
05-25-2015, 06:49 PM
a good share of people had the Mavs winning before the finals.. I was ****ing worried though lol.. wanted the Bulls to win the ECF.

Maybe 2 out of 5 people at best thought the Mavs could win. Maybe even 2 out of 6.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2015, 06:50 PM

If he loses? It's because his players are injured and he's surrounded by scrubs.

... I fail to see how any of this would be wrong when he is clearly the massive underdog?

Its especially hilarious from 'objective' people who've been yapping on the huge disparity between the conferences all year long... and now it wouldn't be a clear upset? or would you still be interested in pushing blame, when the team from the clearly weaker conference, in an injury-riddled squad, loses to the 67-win powerhouse that according to pretty much all metrics is one of the greatest ever?

Dat double standart.. y'all want the cake and eat it too.

tpols
05-25-2015, 06:52 PM

If he loses he'll be 2/6. And thats it. :lol

Vancouver-Grizz
05-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Correct me if I am wrong... Does anyone noticed Thompson disappearing in the West Conf finals?

Steph is carrying the load but he is gonna need Klay to produce a little more.

tpols
05-25-2015, 06:53 PM
injury excuse for cavs doesnt work because for this team thompson > love, and kyrie will be plenty ready after having weeks off.

#noexcuses

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 06:54 PM
AMC30 doesn't feel pressure, pressure feels AMC30

24-Inch_Chrome
05-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Golden State should win so yeah, pressure should be on them. They're a better team than Cleveland and they're the best team in the league.

lilteapot
05-25-2015, 06:59 PM
Of course. Nobody expects the Cavs to win, and I don't even think the Cavs expect themselves to win. They're going to play really hard though and they will probably make this a tough series.

But it's not like the pressure will matter. They faced legit adversity in the Grizzlies series and they rebounded very well. And Steph Curry isn't a guy that folds under pressure.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-25-2015, 07:09 PM
re 2011 Final: Don't know why people guess when you are on the internet.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/05/31/blogtable-finals-predictions/
NBA.com writers - 7 Miami 1 Dallas

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/matchup/_/teams/mavericks-heat
ESPN.com "experts" - 15 Miami - 7 Dallas

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-mavericks/2011/5/31/2199336/2011-nba-finals-predictions-heat-vs-mavericks-charles-barkley
Nice little breakdown of some other analysts (on air tnt, espn personalities, etc)
19 Miami - 8 Dallas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yc2mHIyfE
Bayless and A Smith on First Take
2 Miami

Some probably overlap. Particularly (and probably only) in that sbnation one. I noticed some repeated ESPN names.

Only went through the first two pages of google search. This did pop up tho
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193678
Posted at the beginning of the season. That one Dirk **** sucker (page 2) got it right :eek:

lilteapot
05-25-2015, 07:12 PM
re 2011 Final: Don't know why people guess when you are on the internet.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/05/31/blogtable-finals-predictions/
NBA.com writers - 7 Miami 1 Dallas

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/matchup/_/teams/mavericks-heat
ESPN.com "experts" - 15 Miami - 7 Dallas

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-mavericks/2011/5/31/2199336/2011-nba-finals-predictions-heat-vs-mavericks-charles-barkley
Nice little breakdown of some other analysts (on air tnt, espn personalities, etc)
19 Miami - 8 Dallas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yc2mHIyfE
Bayless and A Smith on First Take
2 Miami

Some probably overlap. Particularly (and probably only) in that sbnation one. I noticed some repeated ESPN names.

Only went through the first two pages of google search. This did pop up tho
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193678
Posted at the beginning of the season. That one Dirk **** sucker (page 2) got it right :eek:

If Cleveland had a player that was going absolutely nuts during the playoffs like 2011 Dirk, then I'd believe they can win.

Sarcastic
05-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Wade was the best player in 2011 Finals. After that it went Dirk, Bosh, Terry, LeBron in that order.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Wade was the best player in 2011 Finals. After that it went Dirk, Bosh, Terry, LeBron in that order.

explain to me how Bosh and Terry were better than LeBron?

They scored equally, Bosh at by far the lowest rate, and Bron had a major advantage playmaking wise, and rebounding wise over Jet.. and this isn't stat talk, he made huge passes in the 4th q of g3 even:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NwshtAJNGc

Foster5k
06-08-2015, 08:11 AM
:oldlol:

Dat pressure. Warriors lucky not to be down 0-2.