PDA

View Full Version : Dellavedova Is NOT a Dirty Player

Meticode
05-25-2015, 06:39 PM
It really irks me that commentators and people are even insinuating that Dellavedova is a dirty player. He is not a dirty player in the slightest to me. When commentators and other people talk about his three incidents in the playoffs with Taj Gibson, Kyle Korver then Al Horford from last night they look over important facts to what led up to that situation. I'll break down each situation...

Dellevadova Leg Locks Taj Gibson

I watched this live and there weren't too many replays of what happened prior to those players going to the floor. Most of the replays show what happens after they hit the floor. I specifically remember Chris Webber saying Dellevadova "instigated" that situation with his leg lock. I call complete and utter bullshit on that. Before Dellevadova leg locks Gibson and they end up on the floor there were three instances within 10 seconds of each other with Gibson instigating that situation and here they are...

1.) With 10:36 on the clock in the 4th quarter Gibson passes Aaron Brooks the ball setting a screen/pick for Brooks, as Delly tries to fight over Gibson, Gibson raises his right arm up to get in Delly's chest/face area hindering him from moving past the screen. Nothing huge, but obviously annoying.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/66dsop.jpg

2.) With 10:31 left on the clock in the 4th quarter (5 seconds after the first contact) Gibson sets a screen for Aaron Brooks and leans his weight into Delly, hitting Delly in his shoulder/head area making his head jerk back. It wasn't a clean screen/pick because you're not suppose to be leaning your weight into a player to knock them down, but...it wasn't a horrible dirty play, just playoff basketball. Nothing really wrong with this.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/t0jkgj.jpg

3.) With 10:29 left on the clock on the 4th quarter (2-3 seconds after the second contact) after Delly takes the head-jerking screen Delly immediately goes to cleanly box out Gibson fighting for position. This is an all out effort play with Gibson having 6+ inches and 50+ pounds on Delly. As Delly boxes out, Gibson puts both hands in Delly's shoulders and shoves him forward plowing over him. Almost making it seemingly look like he stumbled into Delly both falling to the ground.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2w2ri9y.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/minrwn.jpg

Here is the whole clip of the Gibson situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1j1S1wKiec

Dellavedova Dives For a Loose Ball Rolling Over Korver's Ankle

I'm not going to address this play this much for a couple reasons. Number one, they were going for a loose ball, anything can happen. The whole point to go for a loose ball is to obtain the ball and protect it from the other player getting it. Delly dove for the ball, spinning his body to protect it on the ground and unfortunately he rolled up on Korver's ankle. I don't see how the hell this is dirty. Dude is just out there hustling. Maybe a little reckless? Perhaps, but dirty? C'mon.

Here is the whole clip of the Korver situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyXod83nR1Y

Horford Swings His Elbow At Dellevadova?

This situation was pretty comical to me because Webber on live air is talking about Delly falling into Horford's legs, almost rolling his ankle, but Webber makes no mention of the fact that as the ball is loose Hordford is the one holding Delly's shoulder/arm area pulling him down away from the ball. So Delly falls into Horford because Hordford pulls him down tripping over Carroll, but for whatever reason they call this reckless or dirty on Delly?

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2zfmick.jpg

Here is the whole clip of the Horford situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmznHPMBwss

Achilleas
05-25-2015, 06:40 PM
stop it

J Shuttlesworth
05-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Delly already has a 3ball :applause:

plowking
05-25-2015, 06:42 PM
The only dirty play he made was the leg lock. The other two are him diving and falling over.

JR Smith is the only dirty player on the Cavs.

How come no one is asking if Horford is a dirty player? He is way closer to being a dirty player than Delly.

qrich
05-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Yes, he is.

TylerOO
05-25-2015, 07:07 PM
:roll:

He definitely leg locked Taj. And if he wasn't on the Cavs, I would 100 percent consider him dirty.

plowking
05-25-2015, 07:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAcFqJZs18

Genaro
05-25-2015, 07:10 PM
TLDR: Dellavedova isn't dirty cause he plays for my team.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:15 PM

He definitely leg locked Taj. And if he wasn't on the Cavs, I would 100 percent consider him dirty.
I'm not denying he didn't leg lock Gibson, but the three previous things I pointed out show why he did.

Smoke117
05-25-2015, 07:16 PM
There was certainly no intent to hurt Korver or Horford. In particular, Horford is a moron. Delly trips over Carroll AND Horford pulls him down by his shoulder and into himself...and then he has the audacity to get pissy and maliciously elbow him. YOU PULLED HIM DOWN INTO YOURSELF YOU IDIOT.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:16 PM
This has nothing to do with what team he plays for. Simpleton.

outbreak
05-25-2015, 07:19 PM
There was certainly no intent to hurt Korver or Horford. In particular, Horford is a moron. Delly trips over Carroll AND Horford pulls him down by his shoulder and into himself...and then he has the audacity to get pissy and maliciously elbow him. YOU PULLED HIM DOWN INTO YOURSELF YOU IDIOT.
It was the fact that Delly falls and then rolls in to his legs. I'm sure the hawks locker room has seen the Korver injury and talked about him going to the legs.

TylerOO
05-25-2015, 07:20 PM
This has nothing to do with what team he plays for. Simpleton.

https://bigtonysfantasyleague.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/cam-look_o_gifsoup-com.gif

Alamо
05-25-2015, 07:21 PM
People should just embrace it. Delly is former rugby player, this is what they do. Him and guys like Steven Adams are big assets. I wish the Spurs had someone like delly tbh

Bayne is 3rd string and weighs like 280 pounds he needs to be tossing people to the ground every other play

brownmamba00
05-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Wouldn't mind dishin out one right to his cornball face

imnew09
05-25-2015, 07:25 PM
OOH c'mon... we spent like the past few days arguing about this... 145 responses and you decide to make another thread.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377157

Fken Cavs fans are such attention wh0res, just like fken LeAttention

Wally450
05-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Olynyk injures a guy for the postseason, he's a dirty player.
Dellavedova injures a guy for the postseason, he's not a dirty player?

Upgrayedd
05-25-2015, 07:28 PM
How are there any defenders of this fool? The guy tries to injure people and goes after their legs. Tried to trip/hurt Taj by wrapping his legs around Taj's leg. He did succeed at injuring Korver and went after Horford's leg. This fool should be banned from the NBA.

rhowen4
05-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Agreed. He's a hustler, no more no less

ThickassGlasses
05-25-2015, 07:34 PM
If you constantly end up at someones knees/ankles then I don't see how you can defend him.

Three times now he has put himself around someones ankles. I just don't get how anyone can say he isn't playing recklessly. If he dives for a ball and lands on Teague's ankle next game does that change it? What if he into Curry then Thompson next series? When do you cross him over to reckless or dirty?

Three times is enough for me to call him reckless.

Jailblazers7
05-25-2015, 07:35 PM
There was virtually zero chance of injury during the leg lock so I don't find it dirty. Just lost his head a little after the whistle. The others were just things that happen during loose balls.

Korver had time to either avoid Delly or commit to the loose ball. He was tangled with Horford getting dragged down with another player around his legs. Neither play was intentional and it's pretty clear.

plowking
05-25-2015, 07:39 PM
It was the fact that Delly falls and then rolls in to his legs. I'm sure the hawks locker room has seen the Korver injury and talked about him going to the legs.

In what way does he go for anyone's legs?

He dived for a loose ball, head and arms first, and Korver got in the way. Which bit was his fault?

He ends up near Horford's legs somehow after clearly being pulled, arm locked and dragged by Horford, and he is blamed?

The only thing he did that was "dirty" was leglock Taj, and they were already going at it before that. Dude knocks you down, you're gonna give him some too.

So which bit is dirty exactly?

plowking
05-25-2015, 07:42 PM
If you constantly end up at someones knees/ankles then I don't see how you can defend him.

Three times now he has put himself around someones ankles. I just don't get how anyone can say he isn't playing recklessly. If he dives for a ball and lands on Teague's ankle next game does that change it? What if he into Curry then Thompson next series? When do you cross him over to reckless or dirty?

Three times is enough for me to call him reckless.

What in the actual hell?

Are posts like these serious? Ends up near players legs? He is diving on a loose ball, and the other time he is dragged down. What is he supposed to do exactly? If I pick your ass up and throw you into people and you slide towards their feet and bowl them over, is that on you? :wtf:

Alamо
05-25-2015, 07:44 PM
People should just embrace it. Delly is former rugby player, this is what they do. Him and guys like Steven Adams are big assets. I wish the Spurs had someone like delly tbh

Bayne is 3rd string and weighs like 280 pounds he needs to be tossing people to the ground every other play

Like Bruce Bowen, Delly could learn a thing or two from Bruce tbh.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:44 PM
OOH c'mon... we spent like the past few days arguing about this... 145 responses and you decide to make another thread.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377157

Fken Cavs fans are such attention wh0res, just like fken LeAttention
My thread provide stills/videos of the circumstances.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Two different actions/situations.

qrich
05-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Lord, the level of homerism and annoyance from Cav fans is catching up the LeBron and Kobe stans overall

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Lord, the level of homerism and annoyance from Cav fans is catching up the LeBron and Kobe stans overall
There is no homer-ism here. Your level or ignorance is astounding to say the least.

ThickassGlasses
05-25-2015, 07:49 PM
What in the actual hell?

Are posts like these serious? Ends up near players legs? He is diving on a loose ball, and the other time he is dragged down. What is he supposed to do exactly? If I pick your ass up and throw you into people and you slide towards their feet and bowl them over, is that on you? :wtf:

Look man, you can have your opinion as I have mine. I've played enough sports to say that when someone is landing at my (and my teammates) legs as often as Dellavedova does, it's not normal. Period, end of discussion. I don't think anything he has done is dirty, I just happen to think he doesn't care if someone else gets hurt (or if he does). We constantly praise people for putting their body at risk but, IMO, when you cross the line of doing that to others it's reckless and you need to be checked.

How about he not leg lock Gibson? Or not lunging towards Horford's knee when halfway to the ground? Or would that require too much athleticism for a NBA player? :biggums:

qrich
05-25-2015, 07:51 PM
There is no homer-ism here. Your level or ignorance is astounding to say the least.

Intentionally locking up an opponent so they aren't able to move isn't dirty?

Never mind the rest, but okay bud.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:53 PM
How about he not leg lock Gibson? Or not lunging towards Horford's knee when halfway to the ground? Or would that require too much athleticism for a NBA player? :biggums:
The leg lock came from Gibson screening Delly hard and pushing him in the back to the ground. Delly didn't leg lock becuase he felt like doing it over nothing.

Delly tripped over Carroll while Horford is pulling him down near the shoulder.

qrich
Two different actions/situations.

:facepalm

Meticode
Intentionally locking up an opponent so they aren't able to move isn't dirty?

Never mind the rest, but okay bud.
It's not dirty if it's your reaction to being plowed over from behind and pushed into the back to the ground.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:54 PM
:facepalm
I rest my case, great debate.

qrich
05-25-2015, 07:55 PM
It's not dirty if it's your reaction to being plowed over from behind and pushed into the back to the ground.

An illegal move to restrain your opponent isn't dirty :applause:

plowking
05-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Look man, you can have your opinion as I have mine. I've played enough sports to say that when someone is landing at my (and my teammates) legs as often as Dellavedova does, it's not normal. Period, end of discussion. I don't think anything he has done is dirty, I just happen to think he doesn't care if someone else gets hurt (or if he does). We constantly praise people for putting their body at risk but, IMO, when you cross the line of doing that to others it's reckless and you need to be checked.

He didn't lunge toward Horford's knee. What the actual f*ck are most of you looking at? Do any of you understand physics or human responses to having lost their balance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvo90gclSOg

That is what happens when your weight is shifted in a particular direction and then you try and regain your center of gravity. Especially if you have something behind you, stabilizing you. You try to rapidly accelerate towards that direction to regain balance. Same as when defenders pull the chair in the post. Imagine leaning on a wall, then that wall vanishing immediately. You'd push back rapidly, try and replant your feet and find your stabilizing point, which was the wall. It wouldn't be there though.

You shouldn't be out there worrying about if other players are going to get injured. You should be playing the game. He does.

qrich
05-25-2015, 07:56 PM
I rest my case, great debate.

What is the point in trying to discuss anything with a homer?

Olynyk's box out was more of a basketball play than Delladova on Horford, let alone Delladova on Taj.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:57 PM
An illegal move to restrain your opponent isn't dirty :applause:
There was an illegal move by Horford pushing him to the ground before hte leg lock occured. But keep ignoring that. :applause:

ThickassGlasses
05-25-2015, 07:57 PM
The leg lock came from Gibson screening Delly hard and pushing him in the back to the ground. Delly didn't leg lock becuase he felt like doing it over nothing.

Delly tripped over Carroll while Horford is pulling him down near the shoulder.

I agree Taj was part of why the leg lock happened, doesn't change the fact that he did it though.

I completely disagree on the Horford incident. Delly put all his weight on Horford, who then moved laterally to go around Delly and make a play on the ball. That caused Delly to lose his balance (in combination with Carroll being down there). All Horford did was try to moved Dellavedova's arm down (like a swim move), and yes it probably helped the original loss of footing of Dellavedova's but it was hardly "pulling him down". But are you not watching the same replay as I am in which Delly then uses both feet to propel himself into Horford's leg, do you not see that part?

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:59 PM

Olynyk's box out was more of a basketball play than Delladova on Horford, let alone Delladova on Taj.
Yes, what's the point? Why do you keep replying?

Love got injured because Olynyk arm locked him and pulled too hard. The arm locks happen all the damn time, Love just was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Delly on Horford is more like Horford on Delly. Delly is fighting for the rebound, trips over a Hawks player while being pulled down by Horford by the shoulder/arm to keep him from getting to the ball falling into Horford, yet Delly is the instigator/enemy here? Anyone who feels that way is naive.

qrich
05-25-2015, 08:00 PM
There was an illegal move by Horford pushing him to the ground before hte leg lock occured. But keep ignoring that. :applause:

Over the back occurs how many times per game?

Leg locks occur how many times per game?

Meticode
05-25-2015, 08:01 PM
Over the back occurs how many times per game?

Leg locks occur how many times per game?
Leg lock occurred why? Did he do it just to do it out of the blue? Or should he keep letting Horford try to bully him around?

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:02 PM

I'm going for the Hawks and I think you're wrong.

You're basically saying Delly isn't allowed to fall over anymore. :oldlol:

"Delly falling over wasn't a basketball play".:oldlol:
Maybe they shouldn't pull him down then.

qrich
05-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Yes, what's the point? Why do you keep replying?

Love got injured because Olynyk arm locked him and pulled too hard. The arm locks happen all the damn time, Love just was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Delly on Horford is more like Horford on Delly. Delly is fighting for the rebound, trips over a Hawks player while being pulled down by Horford by the shoulder/arm to keep him from getting to the ball falling into Horford, yet Delly is the instigator/enemy here? Anyone who feels that way is naive.

Because the homerism is quite hilarious and entertaining to pass time. Had a few laughs at your expense in the past, might as well continue.

Love got injured because he decided to lock arms with Olynyk and Olynyk tried to pull away to get the loose ball :applause:

ThickassGlasses
05-25-2015, 08:03 PM
He didn't lunge toward Horford's knee. What the actual f*ck are most of you looking at? Do any of you understand physics or human responses to having lost their balance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvo90gclSOg

That is what happens when your weight is shifted in a particular direction and then you try and regain your center of gravity. Especially if you have something behind you, stabilizing you. You try to rapidly accelerate towards that direction to regain balance. Same as when defenders pull the chair in the post. Imagine leaning on a wall, then that wall vanishing immediately. You'd push back rapidly, try and replant your feet and find your stabilizing point, which was the wall. It wouldn't be there though.

You shouldn't be out there worrying about if other players are going to get injured. You should be playing the game. He does.

No, when I lose my balance I step one foot across the other so that, you know, I still have a center of gravity.. Something you lose when you use both legs to drive in the direction you are already falling (that would be called a dive). Do this for me, go put your shoulder on a door, lean all your weight on it. Then quickly open the door and tell me if you A) step one foot over the other B) Take a shuffle step or C) Lunge forward with both feet, hoping that they land out in front of your body to regain your balance.

Had he just fell on the original trajectory he had, this would have been a non-issue because he would have landed a foot away from where Horford was when Delly landed. Instead he lunged directly into him in an attempt to make Horford slow down or take a path away from the ball.

tpols
05-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Because the homerism is quite hilarious and entertaining to pass time. Had a few laughs at your expense in the past, might as well continue.

Love got injured because he decided to lock arms with Olynyk and Olynyk tried to pull away to get the loose ball :applause:

The ironic thing is that if love didnt get injured the Bulls probably wouldve beaten cleveland.

qrich
05-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Leg lock occurred why? Did he do it just to do it out of the blue? Or should he keep letting Horford try to bully him around?

It occurred because Delladova is a dirty player.

Also, are you that stupid to confuse Horford with Gibson for the second straight time?

And by bully, do you also mean Delladova flopping as well?

I'm going for the Hawks and I think you're wrong.

You're basically saying Delly isn't allowed to fall over anymore. :oldlol:

"Delly falling over wasn't a basketball play".:oldlol:
Maybe they shouldn't pull him down then.

Really, I said that where? Calling it dirty equates to that now :applause:

ThickassGlasses
05-25-2015, 08:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmznHPMBwss#t=0m43s

Go to the 47 second mark. Tell me that Dellevadova's last push from his legs is in an effort to regain balance.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 08:10 PM

Go to the 47 second mark. Tell me that Dellevadova's last push from his legs is in an effort to regain balance.
There's no last push. He just fell to the ground. You're seeing things and making them up to push your agenda.

Cocaine80s
05-25-2015, 08:10 PM
The ironic thing is that if love didnt get injured the Bulls probably wouldve beaten cleveland.
:biggums:

Straight_Ballin
05-25-2015, 08:12 PM
No one with a brain is saying Delly is a dirty player.

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:15 PM

What last push? You're acting as if there is a specific way everyone has to fall over.

Whatever.

Anyone who actually thinks that was dirty is stupid and hasn't actually experienced life or sports. Dear lord help some people. :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-25-2015, 08:18 PM
What last push? You're acting as if there is a specific way everyone has to fall over.

Whatever.

Anyone who actually thinks that was dirty is stupid and hasn't actually experienced life or sports. Dear lord help some people. :oldlol:

Reggie Miller and Kenny Smith both played at the professional level, but carry on. :cheers:

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 08:19 PM
People who are calling him dirty are

1. Hating on him because he's white. Fact. If it was a black guy doing this, it would be called 'hustle', not dirty play

2. Not looking at the logical evidence from the video clips, you are letting your emotions and hatred for Lebron and the Cavaliers cloud your judgement. You can't simply disregard the evidence and then come to such conclusion.

3. Clearly not basketball players and don't understand how the game is played. I wouldn't expect a bunch of armchair, out of shape average human beings to know much about playing the game

Droid101
Dirty, filthy player. RBA Meltdown incoming.

plowking

You're better than that Droid. Please don't tell me you actually believe that.

wang4three
05-25-2015, 08:20 PM
He's basically a Bruce Bowen. Bruce used to slide his feet under his opponent's legs after they took a jump shot and sprain their ankles (e.g. Vince Carter multiple times, Steve Francis, etc.) Is it dirty? Yeah. Is it really dirty? No, because he's playing hard. I don't think he's trying to hurt anyone. He's just really reckless and doesn't care if he takes a guy out here and there.

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 08:21 PM
This one isn't really worthy of a meltdown. Pretty cut and dry... lazy media picks a narrative that they enjoy most, takes off running with it, dismisses the actual evidence. It happens every day.

https://i.imgflip.com/lykyb.jpg

plowking
Reggie Miller and Kenny Smith both played at the professional level, but carry on. :cheers:

What has that got to do with anything? That is like saying they'd be better at solving math equations than me because they played professional ball. Has nothing to do with the situation.
Them playing ball doesn't allow them to know if anyone was trying to intentionally hurt anyone.

But, carry on. :cheers:

Droid101
I am better than nothing!

JZ600
Lmfao your iq must be sub 85
Freakin hilarious

Droid101
05-25-2015, 08:22 PM
RBA Meltdown incoming.

Right on time brother!

Im Still Ballin
Actually he's not

Even when Kobe was still elite he was hating on Lebron

Trolls will hate no matter what

Real posters appreciate greatness, no matter who it is and regardless of who they are a fan of

plowking
He's basically a Bruce Bowen. Bruce used to slide his feet under his opponent's legs after they took a jump shot and sprain their ankles (e.g. Vince Carter multiple times, Steve Francis, etc.) Is it dirty? Yeah. Is it really dirty? No, because he's playing hard. I don't think he's trying to hurt anyone. He's just really reckless and doesn't care if he takes a guy out here and there.

No. He is nothing like Bruce Bowen.

qrich
05-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Right on time brother!

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Right on time brother!
Read the edit.

Meticode
05-25-2015, 08:25 PM

Odd, your hate is quite hilarious to me too. You hate so much you are blinded by what you see.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-25-2015, 08:27 PM
What has that got to do with anything? That is like saying they'd be better at solving math equations than me because they played professional ball. Has nothing to do with the situation.
Them playing ball doesn't allow them to know if anyone was trying to intentionally hurt anyone.

Hold up. Did you not just say?

Anyone who actually thinks that was dirty is stupid and hasn't actually experienced life or sports.

Again, Reggie Miller and Kenny Smith were both professional basketball players. This kinda deflates your opinion, no?

:confusedshrug:

This one isn't really worthy of a meltdown. Pretty cut and dry... lazy media picks a narrative that they enjoy most, takes off running with it, dismisses the actual evidence. It happens every day.

Second two pics don't even make sense. Why wouldn't they ignore the arm grab by Horford if the play Olynyk made wasn't dirty? Dumb meme.

Droid101
05-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Give me a break. Dellavadova is fine. He's a gamer. I like that type of player.

It's just hilarious how you're all melting down over it. Like, seriously. Let it go, who cares what people think about him?

Jameerthefear
05-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Dellavewhatever the **** is a dirty ass nasty looking mofo. Don't know why people stick up for this dude.

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Second two pics don't even make sense. Why wouldn't they ignore the arm grab on Horford if the play Olynyk made wasn't dirty? Dumb meme.
I think the point was lost on you.

Alamо
05-25-2015, 08:31 PM

It's just hilarious how you're all melting down over it. Like, seriously. Let it go, who cares what people think about him?

Just sticking up for a fellow aussie. I see where he's coming from. He's completely wrong, but I see where he's coming from.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-25-2015, 08:32 PM
The arm grab *by Horford. Simple typo that is corrected; unfortunately, the last 2 pics will forever be senseless.

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 08:32 PM
So many racists in this thread

JohnFreeman
05-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Make us proud Delly

http://www.aussieproducts.com/images/australia_flag_waving.gif

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 08:37 PM
The arm grab *by Horford. Simple typo that is corrected; unfortunately, the last 2 pics will forever be senseless.
Huh?

You do understand the message that the picture is attempting to convey, right? It is sarcasm. I don't see a typo. The picture is entitled "Media Logic."

The second picture is the media's take on the play. Delly was labeled dirty while he was being pulled by Horford, which they conveniently ignored.

The last picture was their reaction to one of our best players whose arm was literally yanked out of socket. I don't see what you're getting at, unless you're looking at the picture in its most literal sense... which was obviously not the intention.

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:37 PM

I don't care what people think of him.
I think it is stupid people actually think this is dirty and an issue. If this becomes common place that people get up in arms over plays like this, they'll stop players from running and jumping on the court soon enough to prevent any injuries.

People complaining about how soft the game is, and now you want them looking over players diving on the ball and seeing if it was dirty?

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:38 PM

Look at his other posts in this thread.

Everything is lost on him. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 08:39 PM

Seriously, am I just not seeing something? Am I just crazy? He's got me second guessing what seemed obvious to me. :oldlol:

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:40 PM
Seriously, am I just not seeing something? Am I just crazy? He's got me second guessing what seemed obvious to me. :oldlol:

Dude is layers deep. We just don't get it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-25-2015, 08:43 PM
Huh?

You do understand the message that the picture is attempting to convey, right? It is sarcasm. I don't see a typo. The picture is entitled "Media Logic."

The second picture is the media's take on the play. Delly was labeled dirty while he was being pulled by Horford, which they conveniently ignored.

Forget about "Delly".

The bold is my actual point. Once again, why wouldn't they ignore that if the media basically laughed off the notion Olynyk was a dirty player for doing the same thing? Why include Olynyk in there if its not dirty and was essentially dubbed a common basketball play?

ProfessorMurder
05-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Huh?

The last picture was their reaction to one of our best players whose arm was literally yanked out of socket. I don't see what you're getting at, unless you're looking at the picture in its most literal sense... which was obviously not the intention.

You seem to magically know what people are thinking, understand physics, and are clearly a master of human anatomy.

Like I said, go work on the JFK assassination. Maybe we'll finally know the truth!

tpols
05-25-2015, 08:46 PM
You seem to magically know what people are thinking, understand physics, and are clearly a master of human anatomy.

Like I said, go work on the JFK assassination. Maybe we'll finally know the truth!

:oldlol:

Im Still Ballin

Have you ever been tripped up by something?

The natural reaction is to brace your fall

This is a fact

You can't deny this

And add the fact that he was being pulled by Horford

kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Hold up. Did you not just say?
"Anyone who actually thinks that was dirty is stupid and hasn't actually experienced life or sports"?

Again, Reggie Miller and Kenny Smith were both professional basketball players. This kinda deflates your opinion, no?

Still waiting on you to hold this L, plowqueen.

qrich
05-25-2015, 08:48 PM
Aussies and Cavs homers taking big L's here

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 08:49 PM
The FOOTAGE is what we make our conclusions on

Stop letting your emotions cloud judgement

Same shit happens with UFC fights

Joe Rogan goes nuts over a fighter and all of a sudden you think that fighter is winning the fight

Example? JDS vs Miocic

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:49 PM
"Anyone who actually thinks that was dirty is stupid and hasn't actually experienced life or sports"?

Still waiting on you to hold this L, plowqueen.[/QUOTE]

They fall into the stupid category, as previously mentioned in my post.

How are you the most annoying and worthless poster on this site given all the other useless dropkicks on here? Your whole shtick is to sit and find the smallest details in posts, and you're usually wrong on them. :oldlol:

Alamо
05-25-2015, 08:50 PM

It's pretty clear that both sides are seeing two different things here :confusedshrug:

It's the blue and black vs white and gold dress again.

Delly being a dirty bastard is the black and blue side though.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2015, 08:51 PM
Da Mighty I am disappointed in what your posting has become.. you still mighty but not as mighty as you used to be.

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:51 PM

Says the Clipps fan, while the Aussie Cav is on his way to the finals.

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Stop posting alamo

Your content sucks

Jameerthefear
05-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Stop posting alamo

Your content sucks
Don't talk to Alamo like that son

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-25-2015, 08:55 PM
They fall into the stupid category, as previously mentioned in my post.

How are you the most annoying and worthless poster on this site given all the other useless dropkicks on here? Your whole shtick is to sit and find the smallest details in posts, and you're usually wrong on them. :oldlol:

They played basketball, which contradicts your original point dumb ass.

Your Heat/LeBron panties are in a twist, so you start throwing red-herrings. Understandable. I could probably have you stick ur foot inside your mouth at the snap of my fingers.

qrich
Says the Clipps fan, while the Aussie Cav is on his way to the finals.

If only we got to play in the weak East, if only.

Maybe we'd make the playoffs unlike the Heat.

Jameerthefear
I don't even know why people are sticking up for this dude. He's ugly as **** too.

ArbitraryWater
They played basketball, which contradicts your original point dumbass.

Your Heat/LeBron panties are in a twist, so you start throwing red-herrings. I could probably have you stick your foot inside your mouth at the snap of my fingers.

:roll: :roll:

Alamо
05-25-2015, 08:56 PM
I don't even know why people are sticking up for this dude. He's ugly as **** too.

Just for the sake of argument

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2015, 08:56 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/bf65590b8c7ed9590b4a0cbc0d04981c.png

Jameerthefear
05-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Dude is so ****ing ugly.

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 08:58 PM
this isnt the bte jameer

alamo is a shit poster and a fair weather spurs fan

stay in the bte

Blue&Orange
05-25-2015, 09:00 PM
ankledadova defenders are cringeworthy

"He didn't even saw Korver", " he was protecting his vital body parts" and i just glanced quickly through ankledadova threads, god knows the epic stupidity i missed.

:applause: Good stuff.

plowking
05-25-2015, 09:00 PM
They played basketball, which contradicts your original point dumb ass.

Your Heat/LeBron panties are in a twist, so you start throwing red-herrings. Understandable. I could probably have you stick ur foot inside your mouth at the snap of my fingers.

They don't fill out the rest of the requirements in the post. Thanks for playing.

That last sentence was cringe bro.

Alamо
05-25-2015, 09:01 PM
this isnt the bte jameer

alamo is a shit poster and a fair weather spurs fan

stay in the bte

Says the guy who thought the Grizzlies got swept as a #1 seed in 2013 :lol

You literally don't know shit about anything. You're just here to troll. I doubt you even watch basketball. Go back to posting the return of the mack gif in every post you make, that was only time you were worth anything to ISH.

plowking
05-25-2015, 09:02 PM
If only we got to play in the weak East, if only.

Maybe we'd make the playoffs unlike the Heat.

Maybe. Probably not. You guys always find a way to fail.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
They don't fill out the rest of the requirements in the post. Thanks for playing.

Matched the most relevant one to the subject tho.

That last sentence was cringe bro.
If the shoe fits :cheers:

Jameerthefear

You literally don't know shit about anything. You're just here to troll. I doubt you even watch basketball. Go back to posting the return of the mack gif in every post you make, that was only time you were worth anything to ISH.
GOT 'EM

qrich
05-25-2015, 09:03 PM
Maybe. Probably not. You guys always find a way to fail.

Two picks for a 40 game rental, max'd Bosh :roll:

Backtracking in this thread :roll:

So pathetic.

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 09:04 PM

They did get swept

The spurs were the #1 seed

The question was when was the last time a team was swept in a conference finals you dummy

stay in the bte and stop fronting your legitimacy as a fan of the spurs

it reeks desperation that you have to tell everyone that you're a fan of them

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2015, 09:04 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/i3N2s7yVXZ4/hqdefault.jpg

:oldlol:

Yo, Im Still Ballin delivered lotta laughs though

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 09:07 PM
exactly dude

I make trends

I don't have to associate myself with a bunch of queers in an online cult to create an identity here

I post what I think when I want

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Huh?

Forget about "Delly".

The bold is my actual point. Once again, why wouldn't they ignore that if the media basically laughed off the notion Olynyk was a dirty player for doing the same thing? Why include Olynyk in there if its not dirty and was essentially dubbed a common basketball play?

Ayyy, whats good RBA??

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 09:08 PM
The rep bar is a fallacy

Any quality, entertaining poster knows this

TylerOO
05-25-2015, 09:09 PM

Who's that guy on the left?

Alamо
05-25-2015, 09:10 PM
They did get swept

The spurs were the #1 seed

The question was when was the last time a team was swept in a conference finals you dummy

stay in the bte and stop fronting your legitimacy as a fan of the spurs

it reeks desperation that you have to tell everyone that you're a fan of them

*last time a team was swept in the conference finals as a #1 seed

was the topic actually.

Learn to read then come back to me. Okay? :)

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 09:15 PM
Alright dude try and trip me up on trivial shit

I can't even find the thread it must be 5 or so pages back and you have hung your head on something that clearly i misread and literally never looked at again

But keep mentioning trivial shit like this to pad your online ego

You're still dead wrong about dellavedova and that's more idiotic and delusional than a simple reading error that happens everyday

Alamо
05-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Alright dude try and trip me up on trivial shit

I can't even find the thread it must be 5 or so pages back and you have hung your head on something that clearly i misread and literally never looked at again

But keep mentioning trivial shit like this to pad your online ego

You're still dead wrong about dellavedova and that's more idiotic and delusional than a simple reading error that happens everyday

Why can't you just love me?

DukeDelonte13
05-25-2015, 09:19 PM
not a dirty player.

JR Smith? Sure.

Delly? Nope.

Horford pulled his ass down and elbowed him while he was down.

Reggie Miller is blatantly anti cleveland.

ProfessorMurder
05-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Who's that guy on the left?
Lebron.

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Because your bias against all things Lebron is clear as daylight

And then you try to pass yourself off as a good poster because you have a high rep bar which isn't a reflection of your quality of content posted (unlike someone like TLP) It's a reflection of your association with a bunch of softies in an online cult

trill

iamgine
05-25-2015, 09:23 PM
The harder you play, the more you find yourself in situation where you or other people are injured. The intent itself is not dirty. Such is life of someone who lacks talent and make it up with extreme hustle. He's a danger to himself and others, even if he doesn't mean it.

Alamо
05-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Because your bias against all things Lebron is clear as daylight

And then you try to pass yourself off as a good poster because you have a high rep bar which isn't a reflection of your quality of content posted (unlike someone like TLP) It's a reflection of your association with a bunch of softies in an online cult

trill

I literally never did any of that. You seem butthurt

Jameerthefear
05-25-2015, 09:31 PM
I literally never did any of that. You seem butthurt
he mad

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Damn straight

You're being racist and delusional even though the evidence is clear as day

Delly is not a dirty player

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Forget about "Delly".

It wasn't the same thing... not even close. There's a difference between pulling a player in your direction to look like he's fouling you and/or to get him away from a loose ball and what Olynyk did... which was crank Love's arm with both of his arms/hands and yank it awkwardly as Love tried to pull away.

If Delly's shoulder had been yanked out of socket on the play, it would be comparable to Love's situation. It was obviously a foul on Horford and a no-call actually directly led to all of the craziness that followed, but I was OK with the no-call. The point is, Delly is somehow been made into the bad guy when he was the one being dragged by his arm into a stationary, lying on the floor Carroll.

The picture isn't even about what actually did or didn't happen on the floor. It's about the media's reaction to those different scenarios.

Btw, the Olynyk armbar wasn't "ignored" by the media. It was just examined and quickly forgiven with very little thought to malice or intent. Delly being dragged by the arm has been largely ignored.

And, like I told you the first time, it's odd that you seem to be calling me out for discussing the most controversial play in this postseason on a basketball forum and, instead, are directing me to the JFK assassination.

It's not about "knowing" what people are thinking, anymore than anyone else on here. It's about taking a look at the video and the stills and coming to a reasonable conclusion.

And, once again... I have very little interest in discussing JFK on a basketball forum. I'd much rather continue to discuss a basketball play, like I'm doing right now.

Captain Hooker
05-25-2015, 10:22 PM
He isnt dirty, he's just too energetic and too passionate playing it causes chaos. Which includes hurting players unexpectedly.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-25-2015, 10:23 PM
It wasn't the same thing... not even close. There's a difference between pulling a player in your direction to look like he's fouling you and/or to get him away from a loose ball and what Olynyk did... which was crank Love's arm with both of his arms/hands and yank it awkwardly as Love tried to pull away.

Both were common basketball plays though. Get all the players who were asked about the Olynyk/Love incident. Barkley, Shaq, Davis... Downlow bangers who've said it literally happens all the time down in the paint. Fact.

If Delly's shoulder had been yanked out of socket on the play, it would be comparable to Love's situation.

By "same thing" I don't mean the results. The fact Love had his shoulder popped from his socket was totally accidental. The story in and of itself only got traction because...of the injury.

Delly is somehow been made into the bad guy when he was the one being dragged by his arm into a stationary, lying on the floor Carroll.

uhh, "Delly" is made into a bad guy for the incident w/ Chicago; which was completely dirty and unnecessary.

The picture isn't even about what actually did or didn't happen on the floor. It's about the media's reaction to those different scenarios.

The media's reaction is completely justifiable.

Btw, the Olynyk armbar wasn't "ignored" by the media.

Most if not all basketball players and media outside of Cleveland said it was a common basketball play.

sportjames23
05-25-2015, 10:53 PM

Basically. :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
05-25-2015, 10:54 PM
And, like I told you the first time, it's odd that you seem to be calling me out for discussing the most controversial play in this postseason on a basketball forum and, instead, are directing me to the JFK assassination.

It's not about "knowing" what people are thinking, anymore than anyone else on here. It's about taking a look at the video and the stills and coming to a reasonable conclusion.

And, once again... I have very little interest in discussing JFK on a basketball forum. I'd much rather continue to discuss a basketball play, like I'm doing right now.

And you couldn't come to a conclusion on a more important topic, like JFK?

With great power comes great responsibility.

It's alright. You'll get there some day!

ILLsmak
05-25-2015, 11:38 PM

yeah... lol.

It's almost not even worth arguing anymore. Some of them are trolling cuz they are branstans but some of these other dudes are serious.

-Smak

Hittin_Shots
05-26-2015, 12:59 AM
he's not dirty but a lot of same guys defending him were crusifying olynik as if he was trying to dislocated love's shoulder.

warriorfan
05-26-2015, 01:01 AM
he's not dirty but a lot of same guys defending him were crusifying olynik as if he was trying to dislocated love's shoulder.

ether

ballinhun8
05-26-2015, 01:17 AM
The subject line of this thread is an oxymoron.

cltcfn2924
05-26-2015, 03:51 AM
There was virtually zero chance of injury during the leg lock so I don't find it dirty. Just lost his head a little after the whistle. The others were just things that happen during loose balls.

Korver had time to either avoid Delly or commit to the loose ball. He was tangled with Horford getting dragged down with another player around his legs. Neither play was intentional and it's pretty clear.

Yeah sure the guy is just in the wrong place right? How much is going on off camera? And what is with the arm locking 15-18' from the hoop? I've only seen Cleveland employ this, it got Love hurt and caused the Horford skirmish. It has to be Blatt. Coaching the international way.

Nick Young
05-26-2015, 05:28 AM
The only dirty play he made was the leg lock. The other two are him diving and falling over.

JR Smith is the only dirty player on the Cavs.

How come no one is asking if Horford is a dirty player? He is way closer to being a dirty player than Delly.
The media targets Dellavedova because he is white.

Eric Cartman
05-26-2015, 06:27 AM
:applause:

El Gato Negro
05-26-2015, 07:51 AM
The amount of ignorance when there is video evidence is staggering, ok haters sure delly is dirty. He is magic and can change directions mid air, I've lost all faith in NBA fans intelligence. Morons :facepalm

Clifton
05-26-2015, 07:59 AM
Maybe a little reckless? Perhaps, but dirty? C'mon.
Reckless is bad too. Reckless ends careers. You can't play reckless like that. That's a violation of basketball etiquette too.

Three incidents within a 2 week span is too much. The scrub is out there causing problems constantly, threatening to cut short the careers of real basketball players. I've got no time for that. Someone needs to lay him out.

unknowns8
05-26-2015, 08:35 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

great to see all the 'Mericans strugglin with that grand olde Aussie concept of "niggle" ... it's kinda like baiting an opposition player into a false/ill advised move that they normally wouldn't do ... the leg lock with Gibson had 'aussie sports' written all over it.:lol :lol :lol

If you're a mental midget and you let something as minute as Matthew Dellava-farken-dova annoy you to the point oyu get ejected but I'm sorry, you've been out-witted so just ... deal with it ay

unknowns8
05-26-2015, 09:09 AM
heres an example of the aussie "niggle" type play that I'm on about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_-26J6OT1o

a little shove and maybe a slight forearm up in the chin region from Bogut gets Dwight all riled up :lol