PDA

View Full Version : Is Horford a dirty player?

plowking
05-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Do you think elbowing a player in the side of the head is part of the game that should be embraced?

Meticode
05-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Do you think elbowing a player in the side of the head is part of the game that should be embraced?
No.

Done_And_Done
05-25-2015, 07:52 PM
The elbow was dirty but based on his track record I would not classify him as a dirty player. Being dirty constitutes having a resume of past instances...

lilteapot
05-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Dirty player, deserves a 2 game suspension.

livinglegend
05-25-2015, 07:55 PM
He drags down Delly.
Tries to hurt him with his elbow.
Then, brings brotherhood and looking for each other piece of shit after the game. :oldlol:
Everything he did yesterday was dirty as ****.

plowking
05-25-2015, 07:59 PM
The elbow was dirty but based on his track record I would not classify him as a dirty player. Being dirty constitutes having a resume of past instances...

Just before they fell, he had a lock on Delly's arm that looked similar to the way Love dislocated his arm.

That is two incidents in one game. That didn't seem to work, so he elbowed him in the side of the head.

tpols
05-25-2015, 08:00 PM
the fact that horford's getting 0 suspension means the refs/league realize why he did what he did. Delly got T'd up on the play.. now why would he get that if it was just him being ripped down to the ground and elbowed by horford ? hmm..

Alamо
05-25-2015, 08:02 PM
the fact that horford's getting 0 suspension means the refs/league realize why he did what he did. Delly got T'd up on the play.. now why would he get that if it was just him being ripped down to the ground and elbowed by horford ? hmm..

To make the game seem less fixed. That tech meant nothing. Just like when he got a tech for the Taj play AFTER the game :oldlol:

warriorfan
05-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Horford is Alpha

http://share.gifyoutube.com/mL5lZZ.gif

"Down boy" Delly is Beta, Bron treats him like his dog

livinglegend
05-25-2015, 08:03 PM

What following sheep mentality!

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:04 PM

Horford got ejected. They realized it was a dirty play.

Delly stayed in the game. He didn't get a flagrant, which is a non basketball play, so clearly the tech was for something else. You're acting like incorrect tech's have never been given.

Elbowing someone in the head should always be a flagrant 2. Refs did a good job.

ThickassGlasses
05-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Dirty play by a player most wouldn't consider dirty. I think it's a simple answer. If he starts making it a habit, then yes a dirty player.

tpols
05-25-2015, 08:09 PM

Delly stayed in the game. He didn't get a flagrant, which is a non basketball play, so clearly the tech was for something else. You're acting like incorrect tech's have never been given.

Elbowing someone in the head should always be a flagrant 2. Refs did a good job.

Elbowing someone in the head like horford did, with intent, is an auto 1 game suspension in most cases if not more. He displayed clear intent/retaliation, yet no suspension.

Delladova, the 'victim', on the other hand was issued a tech for displaying a 'pattern' of detriemental behavior.

If this was a case of a role player accidently running into a center and getting viciously attacked? Itd be horford gone the rest of the series and delladova with no tech obviously.. but it wasnt that way. And the refs were in tune with the context of the situation. You aren't.

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:11 PM
To make the game seem less fixed. That tech meant nothing. Just like when he got a tech for the Taj play AFTER the game :oldlol:

Only "dirty" thing Delly has done.

Genaro
05-25-2015, 08:11 PM
Dirty to me is someone who during the course of the action takes a cheap shot on someone else, like hitting someone in the balls or sliding your foot behind someone jumping.
Horford was aggressive towards Delly but not dirty. He thought that Delly went for his legs, got angry and swing his elbow to retaliate. Fair ejection but he wasn't dirty.

As for Delly I still have to see more to be able to label him. Is he going for peoples legs on purpose? Is he just hustling? Is he trying to get on people's nerves?

Done_And_Done
05-25-2015, 08:12 PM
Just before they fell, he had a lock on Delly's arm that looked similar to the way Love dislocated his arm.

That is two incidents in one game. That didn't seem to work, so he elbowed him in the side of the head.

The sample size is still far to meager for me to conclude that Horford classifies as dirty. This was the first time I had ever witnessed him act out in an overly aggressive manner.

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Elbowing someone in the head like horford did, with intent, is an auto 1 game suspension in most cases if not more. He displayed clear intent/retaliation, yet no suspension.

Delladova, the 'victim', on the other hand was issued a tech for displaying a 'pattern' of detriemental behavior.

If this was a case of a role player accidently running into a center and getting viciously attacked? Itd be horford gone the rest of the series and delladova with no tech obviously.. but it wasnt that way. And the refs were in tune with the context of the situation. You aren't.

This isn't a prison scheme, where you have a certain amount of strikes. You can't tech a player based on what happened in prior games. :oldlol:
Why are you pretending you know what it was for? :oldlol:

Bless Mathews
05-25-2015, 08:13 PM
If any thrown elbow not thrown after a punch or thrown elbow first doesn't deserve a suspension it's this.

Be logical for a minute.

Horford was getting his knee taken out. He reacted.

Punishment is beyond fair.

Smoke117
05-25-2015, 08:14 PM

lol...you can't believe he deserved that technical.

tpols
05-25-2015, 08:15 PM
This isn't a prison scheme, where you have a certain amount of strikes. You can't tech a player based on what happened in prior games. :oldlol:
Why are you pretending you know what it was for? :oldlol:

While the whole fiasco was going on the announcers said as much.. the refs went to the review.. huddled up, and went back to the review again, and there was commentary the whole entire time. Horford's ejection was a foregone conclusion after the first look. But then they were trying to establish if there was any provocation, which, after the second look, they concluded there was and issued Delly with the T as compensation.

Did you watch the game?

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:17 PM
If any thrown elbow not thrown after a punch or thrown elbow first doesn't deserve a suspension it's this.

Be logical for a minute.

Horford was getting his knee taken out. He reacted.

Punishment is beyond fair.

Who was his knee getting taken out by? I missed that.

I saw him dragging Delly, creating the whole situation, putting him in an arm lock, etc.

When did the knee trying to get taken out happen?

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:19 PM
While the whole fiasco was going on the announcers said as much.. the refs went to the review.. huddled up, and went back to the review again, and there was commentary the whole entire time. Horford's ejection was a foregone conclusion after the first look. But then they were trying to establish if there was any provocation, which, after the second look, they concluded there was and issued Delly with the T as compensation.

Did you watch the game?

I did.

They made the correct call on Horford and the wrong one on Delly.

Are you saying that every time one of the refs calls a double tech, it is the correct call, and both players were instigators?

Droid101
05-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Cleanest, nicest player in league history. Delly is a horrible person trying to hurt him like that.

tpols
05-25-2015, 08:22 PM
I did.

They made the correct call on Horford and the wrong one on Delly.

Are you saying that every time one of the refs calls a double tech, it is the correct call, and both players were instigators?

No.. Im saying if it was a clear open and shut case of one player dragging another down and elbowing him in the head.. there wouldn't be any punishment for the victim, since in your depiction he is clearly free of fault.

In the eyes of the refs/league however, delladova's past was taken into account and is the reason he was issued a technical because he has shown a willingness to partake in dirty manuevers in the past, making the chance of the event in question being completely innocent more suspect.

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:25 PM
No.. Im saying if it was a clear open and shut case of one player dragging another down and elbowing him in the head.. there wouldn't be any punishment for the victim, since in your depiction he is clearly free of fault.

In the eyes of the refs/league however, delladova's past was taken into account and is the reason he was issued a technical because he has shown a willingness to partake in dirty manuevers in the past, making the chance of the event in question being completely innocent more suspect.

What were his other dirty maneuvers in his whole NBA career?

A leg lock on Taj Gibson?

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Hey, remember that time when Horford essentially ended TJ Ford's career?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1fySRESrE

Stand up guy.

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:32 PM
Hey, remember that time when Horford essentially ended TJ Ford's career?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1fySRESrE

Stand up guy.

Not a dirty player though.

Delly though. Doesn't the f*cker know there is an unwritten rule in America where you can't dive for loose balls, and you aren't allowed to push anyone back if they do it to you!

Us Australians must become more integrated into American society far quicker than what we are doing.

Alamо
05-25-2015, 08:40 PM

What was the tech for then?

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:42 PM
What was the tech for then?

I'm not going to pretend to know like tpols. Why don't you ask him. You seem to be completely satisfied with his biased, vague answers since it runs in line with yours.

You'll be happier that way. You won't know you're wrong, but happier. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

If you'd like to comment on the thread question, by all means, go ahead.

tpols
05-25-2015, 08:44 PM
What were his other dirty maneuvers in his whole NBA career?

A leg lock on Taj Gibson?

Hes had three in like 3 weeks.. the leg lock, the permanently ending the Hawks starting SG's season, and now this, the falling into a big guys knee chop block style when he realized he was beat.

The league itself ruled on a 'pattern'.. not just me.

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Hes had three in like 3 weeks.. the leg lock, the permanently ending the Hawks starting SG's season, and now this, the falling into a big guys knee chop block style when he realized he was beat.

The league itself ruled on a 'pattern'.. not just me.

How is diving for a loose ball a dirty play?

Explain it to me and I'll most likely agree with you on everything. Furthemore, why Kyle Korver? Was he really killing them out there? Particularly late in the game when they were up nearly 20?

Alamо
05-25-2015, 08:48 PM
I'm not going to pretend to know like tpols. Why don't you ask him. You seem to be completely satisfied with his biased, vague answers since it runs in line with yours.

You'll be happier that way. You won't know you're wrong, but happier. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

If you'd like to comment on the thread question, by all means, go ahead.

Seems more like you're pretending not to know

tpols
05-25-2015, 08:52 PM
How is diving for a loose ball a dirty play?

Explain it to me and I'll most likely agree with you on everything. Furthemore, why Kyle Korver? Was he really killing them out there? Particularly late in the game when they were up nearly 20?

Because you cant prove that he dove indiscriminantly for the ball. I can't prove that he had it in his head intention of falling into Al's knee.. the refs and league however after assessing the situation and taking into both past histories concluded that horford retaliated too aggressively, hence the rejection, and Delly more than likely had provoked him based on recent past history.

Its not hard to conceal malice, especially for stoic 'tough' types like steven adams, delladova, etc. They hit you with no expression or wind up, dont react after to the response, and people like you buy it hook line and sinker. :oldlol: (or just sturbornly defend those who come from similar places as they do)

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Seems more like you're pretending not to know

Seems that like all the other Delly detractors you seem to know what everyone is thinking whenever they're doing anything.

plowking
05-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Because you cant prove that he dove indiscriminantly for the ball. I can't prove that he had it in his head intention of falling into Al's knee.. the refs and league however after assessing the situation and taking into both past histories concluded that horford retaliated too aggressively, hence the rejection, and Delly more than likely had provoked him based on recent past history.

Its not hard to conceal malice, especially for stoic 'tough' types like steven adams, delladova, etc. They hit you with no expression or wind up, dont react after to the response, and people like you buy it hook line and sinker. :oldlol: (or just sturbornly defend those who come from similar places as they do)

I don't think either Delly or Adams are dirty, and Adams is a Kiwi, who we have a big rivalry with...

I already said I think both JR and Horford are dirty players. You guys sitting here and assuming Delly did something intentionally doesn't make it so.
JR Smith and Horford on the other hand both have histories of being dirty players.

Alamо
05-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Seems that like all the other Delly detractors you seem to know what everyone is thinking whenever they're doing anything.

Don't play dumb. Delly got a tech right after the play. The refs reviewed over and over again. They wouldn't just give him a tech for nothing. Do you understand this?

atljonesbro
05-25-2015, 10:36 PM
It's not coincidence that he's been in so many controversial players recently. That thug dellavadova is going for the legs purposely. I though the korver thing was just a fluke but he did the exact same motion rolling into the side of someone's leg for horford. Hope someone cheap shots the punk next game

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Don't play dumb. Delly got a tech right after the play. The refs reviewed over and over again. They wouldn't just give him a tech for nothing. Do you understand this?
What makes you think that brickhead is playing dumb? :oldlol:

ILLsmak
05-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Horford is Alpha

http://share.gifyoutube.com/mL5lZZ.gif

"Down boy" Delly is Beta, Bron treats him like his dog

haha that's a funny ass gif. Never saw that.

-Smak