PDA

View Full Version : Playoff statistic on Lebron's mileage in the playoffs...

Springsteen
05-26-2015, 02:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF8xB41WYAAsClS.png

...Only rivaled by Larry Legend himself.

I honestly think Lebron could play as long as Tim Duncan, especially if he lowers his physical play and adjusts to a more point guard-minded role as time goes by. He defenitely has the Basketball IQ and skillset for it.

scm5
05-26-2015, 02:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF8xB41WYAAsClS.png

...Only rivaled by Larry Legend himself.

I honestly think Lebron could play as long as Tim Duncan, especially if he lowers his physical play and adjusts to a more point guard-minded role as time goes by. He defenitely has the Basketball IQ and skillset for it.

He's been incredibly durable and he's an absolute freak of nature, but I don't think he can.

Tim Duncan's game is very low impact compared to Lebron's. Lebron is still only human even though he seems to barely be slowing down athletically.

I just can't see Lebron lasting that long. Look at how KG and Kobe who both have games that translate well into old age reacted as they got older? I think the main culprit is how they played when they were younger. That high impact mileage adds up.

Fallen Angel
05-26-2015, 03:03 PM
What's more impressive is how hard Lebron goes against his grueling first round matchups.

Milwaukee Bucks
Charlotte Bobcats
Boston Celtics

Damn, I just broke a mean ass sweat thinking about how hard those series were.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-26-2015, 03:12 PM
What's more impressive is how hard Lebron goes against his grueling first round matchups.

Milwaukee Bucks
Charlotte Bobcats
Boston Celtics

:lol

inclinerator
05-26-2015, 03:20 PM

Milwaukee Bucks
Charlotte Bobcats
Boston Celtics

it's more of a toll on your body playing against defensive team vs and offensive team

Springsteen
05-26-2015, 03:24 PM
He's been incredibly durable and he's an absolute freak of nature, but I don't think he can.

Tim Duncan's game is very low impact compared to Lebron's. Lebron is still only human even though he seems to barely be slowing down athletically.

I just can't see Lebron lasting that long. Look at how KG and Kobe who both have games that translate well into old age reacted as they got older? I think the main culprit is how they played when they were younger. That high impact mileage adds up.

Tim Duncan at his age has led his team in defensive impact for the past few years. I'm not saying Lebron has to carry the team like he has now, especially if Kevin Love stays, and of course, Kyrie Irving blossoms into the leader everyone think he's going to be.

If Andre Miller and Paul Pierce can provide effective minutes at their age, who's to say Lebron can't as a distributor? I could see putting up high assist numbers as he climbs up in age.

scm5
05-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Tim Duncan at his age has led his team in defensive impact for the past few years. I'm not saying Lebron has to carry the team like he has now, especially if Kevin Love stays, and of course, Kyrie Irving blossoms into the leader everyone think he's going to be.

If Andre Miller and Paul Pierce can provide effective minutes at their age, who's to say Lebron can't as a distributor? I could see putting up high assist numbers as he climbs up in age.

That's not what I meant with impact. I'm talking about jumping, stopping, spinning. Lebron's miles are different than Timmy's in that there is a lot more stop/go and other high impact motions that wears down on ligaments.

SHAQisGOAT
05-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Larry played in the GOAT conference though, and most of the time the Lakers were coming out of the other side at the end... While LeBron plays in one of the worst conferences ever.

4324 minutes over that 5 year span (record), while facing Showtime LA 3 times, Bad Boys Pistons 3 times, 80's Bucks (one of the greatest teams not to make to the Finals) 3 times, Moses/Dr's 76ers 1 time, prime Twin-Towers Rockets 1 time, Nique's Hawks 2 times...
Went to 4 Finals, won 2 of them and 2 FMVP.
Averaged 26.3/9.7/6.7/1.9/0.9 on 49/37/90, over those 5 post-season years combined.

And ya know Bird was out there hustling like a madman, giving full effort everytime, playing through injuries and such, go check out stuff like the 'Heat Game' when most guys were reaching out for oxygen masks while LB was running laps around them playing great (not going out with cramps)...
Plus, you know about the physicality, you'd end up seeing shit like this time and time again:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4386171/laimbeer-bird-fight-o.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2731783/dr-j-bird-fight-o.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN0ruk2SJ2Q&t=6m55s

http://i58.tinypic.com/14c7l2x.jpg

And you wanna talk about teammates?
-In '84, most of them were playing WELL BELOW their standards in the Playoffs, while Bird wrecked shit up, leading them all the way to the title
-In '85, Larry was playing through a severely injured right elbow, and then injured his shooting hand in a bar fight. Easy to see, as he didn't keep the same level as in the previous year or the following... C's couldn't win that way.
-In '87, Parish and Ainge were not close to 100% and McHale was playing through a broken foot never being the same again. Walton and Wedman were gone, they had virtually no bench and starters had to log major minutes, more than ever before, Bird "carrying" them to the Finals.
-In '88, Larry shouldn't even been playing for the post-season, as soon enough he had to have surgery on both heels then back. Couldn't pull them through over the Bad Boys yet again, even if he still did it vs the Hawks in the previous round.
Ofc you wouldn't see Larry making excuces or quitting, most of the time he played through it and such.

Some people "question" his longevity though...

edrick
05-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Lebron already passed Larry Bird in career minutes played this year. Which is crazy.

sportjames23
05-26-2015, 05:07 PM
it's more of a toll on your body playing against defensive team vs and offensive team

It's more of a toll on your body if said defensive team can body your ass.

Bron wouldn't last against teams like the Bad Boys or 90s Knicks, Pacers and Heat.

edrick
05-26-2015, 05:11 PM
It's more of a toll on your body if said defensive team can body your ass.

Bron wouldn't last against teams like the Bad Boys or 90s Knicks, Pacers and Heat.

Based on what? hater logic?