PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Triple Doubles

TheCorporation
05-26-2015, 08:55 PM
I did some searching after LBJ nabbed his 12th of his career (post-season). And I noticed that MJ only has two in the post season. And Kobe Bean actually has zero in the post season. I didn't expect Kobe to have 12, of course, but I expected him to have more than zero. Same for MJ, I would've guessed MJ around 7-8 or so, and Kobe around 3-4.

Dro
05-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Magic has 30, that's all I know. They showed the stat during the game the other day...Lebron was 2nd, and I want to say Pippen was 3rd? Can't remember.

Genaro
05-26-2015, 09:00 PM
Magic has 30, that's all I know. They showed the stat during the game the other day...Lebron was 2nd, and I want to say Pippen was 3rd? Can't remember.
Kidd.

Dro
05-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Kidd.
Kidd, that's right...I wonder how many Pippen has?

Lebron23
05-26-2015, 09:05 PM
http://www.sportscity.com/nba/records/all-time-triple-doubles/

Pippen with 4. They haven't updated it. LeBron with 12 triple doubles.

TheMarkMadsen
05-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Damn Lebron and Kidd getting exposed

All them trip dubs and less rings than other all time greats while they both played in shit conferences during their primes

Lebron23
05-26-2015, 09:09 PM

All them trip dubs and less rings than other all time greats while they both played in shit conferences during their primes

Soon to be 3. Irving will play major minutes in the NBA Finals. And LeBron is going to dominate Draymond Green.

HelterSkelter
05-26-2015, 09:10 PM

Kobe fans :oldlol: :applause:

It's ok.. don't cry.. having no triple doubles in the playoffs won't hurt Kobe's legacy.

jlip
05-26-2015, 09:25 PM
LeBron is actually avg. a triple double so far in this series. If he finishes with 5 rebounds and 10 assists this game he will officially have avg. the trip. doub. So far he is 1 rebound and 4 asts away.

warriorfan
05-26-2015, 09:27 PM
by averaging triple double you mean he's shooting a FG% of .222 ?

Ne 1
05-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Let's consider that getting assists in the triangle offense is more difficult than in most offenses. The triangle is an offense geared toward ball movement. Move the ball to the post or inside to a double teamed big man who takes advantage of the mismatch or throws the ball out for it to be swung to the weakside (many times thats two passes) for an open perimeter shot. Ball movements means less assists for the pivotal player in that play.

raprap
05-26-2015, 09:33 PM
Let's consider that getting assists in the triangle offense is more difficult than in most offenses. The triangle is an offense geared toward ball movement. Move the ball to the post or inside to a double teamed big man who takes advantage of the mismatch or throws the ball out for it to be swung to the weakside (many times thats two passes) for an open perimeter shot. Ball movements means less assists for the pivotal player in that play.
Good point.

jlip
05-26-2015, 09:34 PM
by averaging triple double you mean he's shooting a FG% of .222 ?

32.7ppg 11.5rpg 10apg on 42.4fg%

Ne 1
05-26-2015, 09:39 PM

Honestly, triple doubles in a vacuum are overrated.

Like when people point to Oscars trip double for a season as evidence of him supposedly being a 10-15 great.

Perfect example of an overrated triple double is Lebron's 27/19/10 vs the Celtics in Game 6 of the 2010 ECSF. He was 8-21 with 10 TO in that game, the rebounding is actually the most overrated aspect of his triple doubles.

SpaceJammeR
05-26-2015, 09:50 PM

lol trying knock on lebron somehow.

lebron>kobe get used to it.

kobe was carried thats why he didn't have any triple doubles. lebron on the other hand had to carry the load hence the triple doubles.

TheBigVeto
05-26-2015, 11:15 PM
I did some searching after LBJ nabbed his 12th of his career (post-season). And I noticed that MJ only has two in the post season. And Kobe Bean actually has zero in the post season. I didn't expect Kobe to have 12, of course, but I expected him to have more than zero. Same for MJ, I would've guessed MJ around 7-8 or so, and Kobe around 3-4.

MJ and Stinky Bean are not walking triple doubles like Lebron, Kidd, Rondo, Magic and Bird.

CavaliersFTW
05-26-2015, 11:23 PM
Wilt Chamberlain has at least 21 in the Playoffs some are unofficial (shot block data is only known for about 9% of his career games)

3 of them are unofficial Quadruple Double's