PDA

View Full Version : How do Cavs retain this core?

Springsteen
05-26-2015, 11:47 PM
Love (RFA)
Smith (will probably opt out)
Shumpert (RFA)
Thompson (RFA, turned down decent contract)
Dellavedova (RFA)

David Griffin and Gilbert is going to have to break bread. Maybe Lebron the GM can convince all of them. :oldlol:

SwishSquared
05-26-2015, 11:50 PM
As long as Gilbert is willing to pay everybody (and associated luxury taxes), they can bring back all of those guys. All indications are that he is willing to pay whatever it costs for a contending team. So, as long as those players want to be with Cavs next year, it's all moot in a way.
I know I took this thread too seriously but whatever lol. Gilbert is def gonna have to pay a bunch to bring back everybody though

CavaliersFTW
05-26-2015, 11:52 PM
Yeah this team is destined to fall apart you can tell they don't like playing with each other :rolleyes:

navy
05-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Taxes

Springsteen
05-26-2015, 11:54 PM
Yeah this team is destined to fall apart you can tell they don't like playing with each other :rolleyes:

Even the best of teammates will look for a payday. C'mon.

CavaliersFTW
05-26-2015, 11:55 PM
Even the best of teammates will look for a payday. C'mon.
Yeah that's exactly how the Spurs have fallen apart.

el gringos
05-26-2015, 11:57 PM
Love (RFA)
Smith (will probably opt out)
Shumpert (RFA)
Thompson (RFA, turned down decent contract)
Dellavedova (RFA)

David Griffin is going to have to break bread. Maybe Lebron the GM can convince all of them. :oldlol:
Give Thompson the same offer he already turned down and then wait for nobody to offer more.

Be willing to lose one of the 3 of the guards

Sign and trade love for a huge trade exemption and picks (Knicks) or a big expirer and a prospect (warriors - d lee and Harrison Barnes)

Get a star to force their way over using Haywood contract and maybe even have to put mozgov in (Aldridge)

Springsteen
05-27-2015, 12:00 AM

:durantunimpressed:

Terrible analogy.

Who on the Spurs has taken a paycut besides Tim Duncan? Duncan has made enough money in his career, so money is not really a point at 37+ in age. Not to mention Kawhi just turned down a medium sized contract, and is looking for a max. Do you think if push comes to shove and the Spurs refuse he'll stay for LOYALTY instead of a max, with say, the Lakers?

The cap is about to jump. Everyone is looking for a payday, even role players. You're really not worried at all about the Cavs retaining all these players?

avonbarksdale
05-27-2015, 12:11 AM
Give Thompson the same offer he already turned down and then wait for nobody to offer more.

Be willing to lose one of the 3 of the guards

Sign and trade love for a huge trade exemption and picks (Knicks) or a big expirer and a prospect (warriors - d lee and Harrison Barnes)

Get a star to force their way over using Haywood contract and maybe even have to put mozgov in (Aldridge)

why wouldn't love just leave?

sfballa13
05-27-2015, 12:18 AM
why wouldn't love just leave?

Love could just leave and that is a huge possibility.

It is also pretty well known that Love met with Gilbert and promised to resign after the season. Players have gone back on their word in the past but screwing over Lebron after the Cavs just traded two #1 for you and underperforming and pouting the entire year instead of trying to fit in would leave a bad taste in alot of people's mouths around the league. Not to mention he has stated over and over that he wants to remain in Cleveland in the media. He would look like a bitchh if he left after all that. But money talks

Many people say the Cavs biggest mistake was trading for Love when in reality their stupidest move was giving Varejao that gigantic extension, utterly idiotic

Ai2death
05-27-2015, 12:23 AM
It's going to cost, simple as that, Thompson will be looking to make some big cash, he's been vital for the Cavs this playoffs. Dudes an animal on the boards

Jameerthefear
05-27-2015, 12:24 AM

you are so ****ing stupid

CavaliersFTW
05-27-2015, 12:29 AM
you are so ****ing stupid
At least I'm not a tentacle toon loving feminist

Jameerthefear
05-27-2015, 12:32 AM
At least I'm not a tentacle toon loving feminist
the **** did you just say about me

CavaliersFTW
05-27-2015, 12:34 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article10214874.ece/alternates/w620/garcia.jpg

Springsteen
05-27-2015, 12:36 AM

:lol

RedBlackAttack
05-27-2015, 01:13 AM
:durantunimpressed:

Terrible analogy.

Who on the Spurs has taken a paycut besides Tim Duncan? Duncan has made enough money in his career, so money is not really a point at 37+ in age. Not to mention Kawhi just turned down a medium sized contract, and is looking for a max. Do you think if push comes to shove and the Spurs refuse he'll stay for LOYALTY instead of a max, with say, the Lakers?

The cap is about to jump. Everyone is looking for a payday, even role players. You're really not worried at all about the Cavs retaining all these players?
What makes you think any of them are going to have to take a "pay cut"? Gilbert has never shown any signs that he is afraid to pay the luxury tax. None. Why would it start now, of all times?