PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Pennsylvania Lawmaker Votes No on Medical Marijuana Bill

Lensanity
05-27-2015, 05:36 PM
http://wnep.com/2015/05/19/state-lawmaker-no-vote-on-medical-marijuana/

Matt Baker, who has received over $20,000 dollars in campaign donations from pharmaceutical companies voted to shut down a medical marijuana bill. Pretty obvious what's going on here. Just like countless other politicians in the USA, Baker, a corrupt piece of dog shit that deserves to die a slow and painful death that could have been prevented by medical marijuana made a deal with Big Pharma to help keep prohibition strong and in place in Pennsylvania in exchange for campaign contributions.

Pretty much your weekly report about corruption in the US involving marijuana.

Giaodollo
05-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Some would call this pharmaceuticals supporting those they agree with, like they are allowed to do in democracies. Shit I donate, both money and time for the politicans I support.

KyrieTheFuture
05-27-2015, 05:56 PM
As an avid marijuana supporter, it's really not shocking that some places disagree with you. Get over it, it won't be legalized everywhere for a long time

theballerFKA Ace
05-27-2015, 06:07 PM
That's nothing. We had a state senator, the 2nd highest ranking Democrat in the state assembly, arrested last year by the FBI. He was a writer and co-sponsor of lots of gun control legislation. He was a HUGE enemy of the 2nd amendment. He was arrested for running AK-47s and military grade guns from Islamic terrorists in the Philippines into the hands of drug dealers and gangbangers on the streets of California. You can't make stuff up stranger than this. :oldlol:

The ultimate in corrupt and hypocritical politicians

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2014/03/29/yee_googlereuse.png

Lensanity
05-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Some would call this pharmaceuticals supporting those they agree with, like they are allowed to do in democracies. Shit I donate, both money and time for the politicans I support.

Bullshit

Do you actually think this? Legalizing marijuana would cost pharmaceutical companies around the country BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars. Nobody would need to use anxiety, depression, insomnia, pain, or many other kinds of man made medicine.

This is corruption and it is what makes up our government.

Giaodollo
05-27-2015, 06:34 PM
Bullshit

Do you actually think this? Legalizing marijuana would cost pharmaceutical companies around the country BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars. Nobody would need to use anxiety, depression, insomnia, pain, or many other kinds of man made medicine.

This is corruption and it is what makes up our government.

Yes? so what? If the companies would lose billions then it seems stupid to make way for legal drugs. Same way as it is not beneficial for high earners to pay more tax.

Jailblazers7
05-27-2015, 06:36 PM
PA liquor laws are still hilariously restrictive compared to the rest of the country. Not surprising at all to see it get voted down regardless of contributions.

Lensanity
05-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Yes? so what? If the companies would lose billions then it seems stupid to make way for legal drugs. Same way as it is not beneficial for high earners to pay more tax.

So you think Marijuana should be illegal so Big Pharma can financially benefit? That's it? Even though it is a much safer medicine THAT YOU CAN'T OVERDOSE ON and WORKS BETTER than all the bullshit the big pharmaceutical companies come out with? Seriously?

Kill yourself.

Giaodollo
05-27-2015, 06:51 PM
So you think Marijuana should be illegal so Big Pharma can financially benefit? That's it? Even though it is a much safer medicine THAT YOU CAN'T OVERDOSE ON and WORKS BETTER than all the bullshit the big pharmaceutical companies come out with? Seriously?

Kill yourself.

I have no opinion in the matter, but if I were an owner of a pharmaceutical company making billions of a herb being illegal, I'd sure as hell would not want it to become legal, get my drift, Jerry?

So as you can understand, they are doing what is best for their interest.

Lensanity
05-27-2015, 06:54 PM
I have no opinion in the matter, but if I were an owner of a pharmaceutical company making billions of a herb being illegal, I'd sure as hell would not want it to become legal, get my drift, Jerry?

So as you can understand, they are doing what is best for their interest.
:biggums:

No shit I understand that. So what? Mexican drug cartels murders countless amounts of people because it is in their best interests, does that make it OK?

Why should MILLIONS of people sacrifice for the small amount of pharmaceutical company owners? Are you ****ing kidding me? That is the worst opinion in the history of humanity.

sundizz
05-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Big Pharma is not at all fearful of marijuana replacing them :roll: :roll:

About 50% of the US population takes some sort of prescription drug. It is such a silent killer in the room.

What they are fearful is that allowing marijuana to be used medically leads to a mentality change about health in general. A significant change in how Americans think about health is seemingly inevitable.

Two seemingly contradictory areas right now:
Prescription drug use has steadily increased. Is it at its peak?

Processed food, after years of growth, is seeing a reversal. People want real food increasingly (e.g., less processed cereal). Campbell

Giaodollo
05-27-2015, 07:04 PM
:biggums:

No shit I understand that. So what? Mexican drug cartels murders countless amounts of people because it is in their best interests, does that make it OK?

Why should MILLIONS of people sacrifice for the small amount of pharmaceutical company owners? Are you ****ing kidding me? That is the worst opinion in the history of humanity.

Donating to political campaigns is legal, murdering is not. Now if you want to have a discussion about the ethics concerning campaign donations then that is another thing.

Unless you can prove that the company explicitly told him "here is 20 grand if you shut down the MM bill." then all you and the paper is throwing out bullshit. Have you ever considered the reason this pharma company contributed to his campaign? Was it maybe because he has previously stated that there will be no legalization of medical marijuana? If I supported that marijuana would stay illegal, then donating and voting for him would be a wise move.

Now if people are not happy about it, they can always vote him out next elections, they knew what they voted for when they voted, and if they didn't then to ****ing bad.

Lensanity
05-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Donating to political campaigns is legal, murdering is not. Now if you want to have a discussion about the ethics concerning campaign donations then that is another thing.

Unless you can prove that the company explicitly told him "here is 20 grand if you shut down the MM bill." then all you and the paper is throwing out bullshit. Have you ever considered the reason this pharma company contributed to his campaign? Was it maybe because he has previously stated that there will be no legalization of medical marijuana? If I supported that marijuana would stay illegal, then donating and voting for him would be a wise move.

Now if people are not happy about it, they can always vote him out next elections, they knew what they voted for when they voted, and if they didn't then to ****ing bad.

Yes, it is obviously wrong ethically. And there should not even be a debate on this. IT IS WRONG FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE TO BE ****ED OVER UNFAIRLY BECAUSE OF THE FINANCIAL BENEFIT OF A FEW HANDFULLS OF PEOPLE.

There is not an argument against legalizing marijuana. You probably think private prisons supporting prohibition and funding it is OK too right?

Giaodollo
05-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Yes, it is obviously wrong ethically. And there should not even be a debate on this. IT IS WRONG FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE TO BE ****ED OVER UNFAIRLY BECAUSE OF THE FINANCIAL BENEFIT OF A FEW HANDFULLS OF PEOPLE.

There is not an argument against legalizing marijuana. You probably think private prisons supporting prohibition and funding it is OK too right?

Well if you truly believe that then go out and do something about it you dumb prick instead of crying and moaning about it on a message board. Sign up for elections, promise to legalize weed, and when the pharma companies decides to try to fund you, decline it. Now, if people feel strongly enough about this, and feels like legalazing it is of dire concern then you'll get in. if not? though luck and better luck next time.

Most people in the western world live in a country with means to actually change something they feel strongly about but never have the energy to acutally get off their ass and do something.

If you do not want to sign up for the job, look for the best suited candidate that promises the same thing and help spread his word, campagin for him, try to gather donations, etc.

Lensanity
05-27-2015, 07:19 PM
Well if you truly believe that then go out and do something about it you dumb prick instead of crying and moaning about it on a message board. Sign up for elections, promise to legalize weed, and when the pharma companies decides to try to fund you, decline it. Now, if people feel strongly enough about this, and feels like legalazing it is of dire concern then you'll get in. if not? though luck and better luck next time.

Most people in the western world live in a country with means to actually change something they feel strongly about but never have the energy to acutally get off their ass and do something.

If you do not want to sign up for the job, look for the best suited candidate that promises the same thing and help spread his word, campagin for him, try to gather donations, etc.

I've done a lot of activist work and I'm voting for Bernie Sanders.

I have a question for you. Let's just say that hypothetically, large pharmaceutical companies financially benefitted from the legalization of rape. Would you be OK with them funding the legalization of rape?

If you answer no to that question then you are a complete and total hypocrite.

KyrieTheFuture
05-27-2015, 09:21 PM

Campaign donations are wrong? Only individually wealthy individuals should be able to run for office then since they can only afford it. I don't think you truly understand the scope of the medicine industry. Legal marijuana would by no means cripple the pharma companies. You think every single person on pills will switch overnight? You think weed works for everyone? You have a quite frankly childish view of this debate

Bigsmoke
05-28-2015, 05:01 AM
Live in a corrupted state with shitty weather :no: