PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Demar Derozan can elevate his game into the next level?

Lebron23
05-28-2015, 04:40 AM
He's a very athletic player, but he regressed this season. Derozan still averaged over 20 ppg, but on a very poor percentages. He is still only 25 yrs.old.

http://weartesters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DeMar-DeRozan-Wears-Fan-Designed-Nike-Kobe-9-EM-for-Raptors-Throwback-Nights-3.jpg

http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/gallery/derozan_kobe_9/demar_derozan_1.jpg

Lebron23
05-28-2015, 04:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yFVmW0E2pM

He scored 42 points vs. Rockets this year.

Rocketswin2013
05-28-2015, 05:04 AM
He's big. Seems 6'8 out there. Made Harden look small.

Genaro
05-28-2015, 05:06 AM
He hasn't regressed. He had a injury who made him lose a lot games and his rhythm. It took a while until he back to play like himself.

Kobe_6/8
05-28-2015, 05:50 AM
DeMar DeRozan will never be as good as players like Ray Allen, Chauncey Billups, or Eddie Jones...

He's starting his 7th season, time to step it up

pastis
05-28-2015, 05:55 AM
nah, i dont know why, but i just dont think that he steps up to a completly next level. he will get maybe a more consistent shot or so, but overall i dont see him becoming a consistent all-nba third team type of player.

Eric Cartman
05-28-2015, 05:55 AM
No

Dresta
05-28-2015, 06:20 AM
Nah - he's like a smaller Rudy Gay.

NustABut
05-28-2015, 09:24 AM
Derozan, despite being a great leaper, does not have a great explosive first step.... that's what holds him back from the next level. Needs to study guys like Paul Pierce who gets by without being able to blow by everyone.

Guy has to settle for tough mid range shots most of the time.... resulting in his low shooting percentages.

But as he still isnt a great three point shooter, guys are playing off him a bit and if he can make the defense respect his outside shot, he should be able to get to the rim a little bit more...

Sakkreth
05-28-2015, 09:28 AM
nah, i dont know why, but i just dont think that he steps up to a completly next level. he will get maybe a more consistent shot or so, but overall i dont see him becoming a consistent all-nba third team type of player.

If he does that then he probably will be smt like consistent all-nba third team level of player.

HylianNightmare
05-28-2015, 09:36 AM
No always a borderline star

raprap
05-28-2015, 09:40 AM
I feel like he has peaked offensively, maybe improve his range?

He has the tools to be a great defender though, as of right now, he's mediocre defensively.

Haymaker
05-28-2015, 09:43 AM
He was injured for a significant part of the season. Let's see how he bounces back next season. He seems like the kind of go to scorer the Hawks could use.

King Boozer
05-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Contract year most likely next season. (Player option after next season, when the cap rises)

Maybe he'll have himself another all-star season but he has to improve his %'s and all around game. He was playing better overall towards the end of the season for sure, rebounding and passing. The %'s were still horrible though.

Remember that PO game against the Wiz where he had 20 points or something like that in the 1Q and then missed like 75-80% of the rest of his shots for the game? :eek:

gasolina
05-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Him and Lowry just don't play well together. He's 6'8, stong for his built, and has nice elevation on his jumpshot. Needs to get the ball at the high post and work on those small point guards masquerading as 2 guards that's so common today.

Unfortunately Lowry hogs the ball and then passess to him with like 5 seconds left in the clock. When Lowry struggles, he gets it at the top of the key dribbles for like 20 seconds for an awful pullup J.

Not sure if he's good enough to be a first option though.

Clyde
05-28-2015, 11:12 AM
I think this is as good as he will be.

MMM
05-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Derozan, despite being a great leaper, does not have a great explosive first step.... that's what holds him back from the next level. Needs to study guys like Paul Pierce who gets by without being able to blow by everyone.

Guy has to settle for tough mid range shots most of the time.... resulting in his low shooting percentages.

But as he still isnt a great three point shooter, guys are playing off him a bit and if he can make the defense respect his outside shot, he should be able to get to the rim a little bit more...

Paul Pierce did have an amazing first step which allowed him to blow by defenders despite not being as explosive as other wing players

hawksdogsbraves
05-28-2015, 02:11 PM
I think he's about capped out. A classic 20ppg scorer on poor efficiency who doesn't give you anything in terms of playmaking.

Not a bad defender though.

He's a good solid fringe-all-star caliber player, nothing more. A SG version of Rudy Gay like somebody said earlier is an apt comparison.

Fudge
05-28-2015, 02:15 PM
This is a shooter's league now, and he's been a piss poor shooter ever since he came into the league 6 years ago. He still hasn't improved much either.