PDA

View Full Version : Should Durant Consider Atlanta?

atljonesbro
05-28-2015, 02:38 PM
If the time comes and KD decides it's time to leave OKC, should he consider the Hawks as a destination? I honestly don't think you could find a better fit for him when you consider his superstar status and style of play. Unless Bron forms another super team then Atlanta with KD would be the instant favorites in the east and likely the whole league.

I remember specifically this off season when shooting the idea around that LeBron or Melo should consider Atlanta and people saying "wait until they make a playoff run so free agents will see them as a legit landing spot" which they did this season.

fragokota
05-28-2015, 02:50 PM
KD ain't leaving OKC.

Fudge
05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
But Atlanta will re-sign Millsap and Carroll to huge contracts in July, making this almost impossible to happen next summer.

Dude is staying in OKC. You nerds just have to deal with it. :oldlol:

Haymaker
05-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Atlanta is the perfect team for any elite player looking to contend instantly.

FLDFSU
05-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Durant in Atlanta=collusion
Durant in Chicago=collusion
Durant in Washington=collusion
Durant in Miami=collusion

Durant on any team that made the playoffs= collusion

The same applies to Melo.

Mawly-G
05-28-2015, 02:59 PM
KD would fit so perfectly in DC with Wall and Beal that it isn't even funny...

scm5
05-28-2015, 03:15 PM
If the time comes and KD decides it's time to leave OKC, should he consider the Hawks as a destination? I honestly don't think you could find a better fit for him when you consider his superstar status and style of play. Unless Bron forms another super team then Atlanta with KD would be the instant favorites in the east and likely the whole league.

I remember specifically this off season when shooting the idea around that LeBron or Melo should consider Atlanta and people saying "wait until they make a playoff run so free agents will see them as a legit landing spot" which they did this season.

Quite honestly, if he were to ring chase the Warriors would be the perfect team for him.

Warriors only have $51 million on the books for 2016/17, without signing Draymond Green. After signing him to the max, he would make roughly $15m/yr which puts the Warriors at $66m.

People are projecting a realistic salary cap increase to $90m in 2016-17.

This leaves $24m on the table for Durant, which would be less than the max.

If getting Durant is realistic, the Warriors could move Andre Iguodala who would be an expiring contract to make room for Durant's max contract, as well as open up cap space for role players.

The only problem is, the only players that would be on contract for the Warriors if this were to happen:

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
Bogut

Which means their bench would be very lean, consisting most likely of drafted rookies and small contract players. But looking at that lineup, how good of a bench do you really need if you can have Curry, Klay, or Durant running with them at all times?

2017-18, the projected Salary Cap would go up to $108 which would leave a lot of room for giving Curry the max. Bogut almost certainly won't command the $11m he's getting currently and might resign for less, keeping the Warriors' core intact.

So no, I don't think ATL is the best landing spot if Durant really did want to ring chase.

Just imagining the synergy between Curry, Klay, and Durant is making me excited. None of them are especially selfish, all can shoot and get hot and when they do, they take over the game. It would be incredibly hard to stop a team like this. They're also all around the same age which means they would be contending for a while.

Done_And_Done
05-28-2015, 04:06 PM
It's difficult to say at this point because we don't know what teams are going to look like next year at this time.

Say for instance Aldridge signs with the Spurs. A duo of Kawhi and LMA with Pop on the sidelines seems like a pretty enticing landing spot as well.

Atlanta with the likes of a KD would be scary good though.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-28-2015, 04:08 PM
I'd like to see him in Utah, if he leaves OKC. Durant to the Jazz. GOATbrook to the Lakers. OKC rebuilds around the stacked core of Ibaka, Waiters, and McGary.

AirFederer
05-28-2015, 04:08 PM
That would be awesome!
Do it :rockon:

HomieWeMajor
05-28-2015, 04:11 PM
That Atlanta style diabetes/high blood pressure diet will get some fat on his bones. If he could gain some weight and get to about 280 pounds he could be unguardable from anywhere on the court.

veilside23
05-28-2015, 04:20 PM
KD would fit so perfectly in DC with Wall and Beal that it isn't even funny...

this...

smoovegittar
05-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Quite honestly, if he were to ring chase the Warriors would be the perfect team for him.

Warriors only have $51 million on the books for 2016/17, without signing Draymond Green. After signing him to the max, he would make roughly $15m/yr which puts the Warriors at $66m.

If getting Durant is realistic, the Warriors could move Andre Iguodala who would be an expiring contract to make room for Durant's max contract, as well as open up cap space for role players.

The only problem is, the only players that would be on contract for the Warriors if this were to happen:

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
Bogut

Which means their bench would be very lean, consisting most likely of drafted rookies and small contract players. But looking at that lineup, how good of a bench do you really need if you can have Curry, Klay, or Durant running with them at all times?

2017-18, the projected Salary Cap would go up to $108 which would leave a lot of room for giving Curry the max. Bogut almost certainly won't command the $11m he's getting currently and might resign for less, keeping the Warriors' core intact.

So no, I don't think ATL is the best landing spot if Durant really did want to ring chase.

Just imagining the synergy between Curry, Klay, and Durant is making me excited. None of them are especially selfish, all can shoot and get hot and when they do, they take over the game. It would be incredibly hard to stop a team like this. They're also all around the same age which means they would be contending for a while.

I get the feeling that the Warriors would be very appealing to KD. That would be a fun team to watch. I don't think the Thunder have much shelf life yet.

Addendum: I don't think players give 2 shits about "colluding". That's an issue for this forum only.

Taller than CP3
05-28-2015, 07:18 PM
KD ain't leaving OKC.

He can easily choose the easy way out and join the Wizards. He'd be in the Finals every year, just like Lebron. Oh, and he can say he's coming home too since he's from there.

Kvnzhangyay
05-28-2015, 07:27 PM
He can easily choose the easy way out and join the Wizards. He'd be in the Finals every year, just like Lebron. Oh, and he can say he's coming home too since he's from there.

its also the smart way out

although I feel KD may have a problem with staying healthy. Isn't it the same foot that he keeps on reinjuring?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-28-2015, 07:32 PM
The only advantage would be he plays in the Least so automatic conference finals slot. Hawks are sht tho. Korver is the worst allstar of alltime. Bud is an overrated coach that cant make ingame adjustments for his life. Carroll is prolly dippin. Horford has well known injury problems. Bench is trash, Thabo is Porkins level on offense...........

Clifton
05-28-2015, 11:34 PM
He would be a great, but he would still be the only player taller than 6'9 on the roster.

The Hawks will never win anything as long as opposing teams can bully their way into the paint for a barely-contested layup on every possession.

Washington, on the other hand, has toughness from the 1 to the 5. All they are lacking is elite-level talent. Wall and Beal aren't good enough to be a #1 and #2 on a contender, but they are good enough to be #2 and #3.

bobeticus
05-28-2015, 11:56 PM
Atlanta is the perfect team for any elite player looking to contend instantly.

This.

as a prime example of the saying being the east is weak... then why is there no West superstar want to play in the east... the easy path to finals..

and if only if any superstar from west wants to play in the East...

Atlanta is their saving glory for that Ring... :cheers:

bobeticus
05-28-2015, 11:59 PM

This also..

Go East less competition, less injuries, easy path to the finals (if you beat Bran of course) :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Genaro
05-29-2015, 12:05 AM
People keep bringing Washington just because of that BS tale of Bran coming home. Wizards has as much chance as the Hawks, the Knicks or the Lakers.

But I don't think he will leave OKC.

CarlosBoozer
05-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Wizards would be the smartest decision, elite team + east conf

funnystuff
05-29-2015, 12:18 AM
That Atlanta style diabetes/high blood pressure diet will get some fat on his bones. If he could gain some weight and get to about 280 pounds he could be unguardable from anywhere on the court.
The guy looks anorexic, if he just put time in the gym like he should be, he would be a much greater force.

CarlosBoozer
05-29-2015, 12:20 AM
The guy looks anorexic, if he just put time in the gym like he should be, he would be a much greater force.
Gnc should sponsor him :lol

BlakFrankWhite
05-29-2015, 12:32 AM
Y'all should know Okc can offer 40 m per year to KD.....the biggest contract in NBA history

Droid101
05-29-2015, 01:57 AM
Korver is the worst allstar of alltime. .
Word up!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ae/d5/32/aed5329f25780fb95dca7ebba92e2933.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/hornets/magloire_040102.jpg

Spurs5Rings2014
05-29-2015, 02:11 AM

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
Bogut

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Eric Cartman
05-29-2015, 05:01 AM
Durant should go East, take the easy route like Lebron is doing.

Wizards are the best destination, Wall/Beal/Durant is the best 1-3 in the league.

stevieming
05-29-2015, 06:09 AM
If he wants it easier, then he should leave OKC and go to Washington...

He would lock down no1 seed in the east for sure, with him, wall and Beale.

Wall is a great PG now and knows he doesn't have a jumpshot...he knows his role is to create, fast break and layups.....and Wall plays good D too.

Beale is a great second scoring threat and plays great d too....

And the east is weak too...

Indiana is gone, Bucks will be good in the regular season but fodder in the playoffs....I don't rate Atlanta despite their no1 seed....love Horford and Jeff T though...

Only real threats are Cleveland and Bulls...

Cleveland - Lebron is declining now, give it another 2 years and he will be no match for KD.
Bulls - Rose is no longer that superstar, and Butler might not stay, Noah has been ran to the ground by Thibs....

But if he wants to do it the hard way, stay in the west, but I just don't think Russell creates enough for him....and the west is so stacked....

dunksby
05-29-2015, 06:29 AM
If Durant was to leave OKC, he would milk a story out of it like LeBron, plus the Wiz showed they are in the same ball park as ATL. Washington already has more star power than the Hawks, no matter how you look at it, DC is a better destination for him than ATL.

FPJ
05-29-2015, 06:44 AM
Durant should go to the Lakers. There's a good chance Kevin Love, a CF winner and possible ring holder, will go there. Dynasty in the making.

JohnFreeman
05-29-2015, 06:45 AM
They have enough role players

dunksby
05-29-2015, 06:55 AM
its also the smart way out

although I feel KD may have a problem with staying healthy. Isn't it the same foot that he keeps on reinjuring?
The latest KD surgery is a procedure with 100% recovery rate, but it also means that it takes long for the athlete to recover, OKC wanted to rush him back by choosing an alternate riskier surgery which ended up failing and had to go back to the first option.

coin24
05-29-2015, 08:25 AM

This:lol

KelticForce1349
05-29-2015, 11:05 AM

Can his feet actually tolerate extra weight? I think he is what is in terms of his body.