PDA

View Full Version : Current Draymond Green vs 2008-2010 Lamar Odom

Ca$H
05-28-2015, 04:09 PM
Who makes a bigger impact for their team? Who is better?

aj1987
05-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Who makes a bigger impact for their team? Who is better?
Odom could pass, rebound, and score. He was a pretty decent defender as well. That was basically his peak, BTW.

HomieWeMajor
05-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Odom was a homeless man's Magic Johnson minus the homosexuality with a crack habit added.
Odom>Green

FreezingTsmoove
05-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Odom. Green on the Lakers would be a below average player. Odom was helping out a team with Andrew Bynum, and Derek Fisher as starters :oldlol:
Warriors are stacked top to bottom

Ca$H
05-28-2015, 04:15 PM
Odom could pass, rebound, and score. He was a pretty decent defender as well. That was basically his peak, BTW.

Green can pass, rebound, and score. Green is also an elite defender.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Not better than Clippers Odom either.

What's up with Odom, anyway? I remember a picture of him looking skinny af about a year ago and thought he might be dead by now.

clipps
05-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Odom was more versatile with his passing and play multiple positions. Dreymond is much better on defense, guard players bigger than him and can spot up. He's a lot more aggressive. It's hard to say who'd I'd rather have. I think it depends on what kind of roster you have. If you already have a good defensive team, you want Odom for his versatility and passing, but if your roster is weak defensively, you want Green.

oarabbus

Green can do all those things, better.

clipps
Not better than Clippers Odom either.

What's up with Odom, anyway? I remember a picture of him looking skinny af about a year ago and thought he might be dead by now.

Which Clippers Odom are you talking about?

Lebron23
05-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Give Me Lamar Odom.

SilkkTheShocker
05-28-2015, 04:20 PM
odom. Green is vastly overrated, fat f.uck

clipps
05-28-2015, 04:21 PM

Yes, the Warriors are having the season of a life time, but settle down with that statement. Green cant handle the ball, pass, and play point like Odom did.

oarabbus
05-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Yes, the Warriors are having the season of a life time, but settle down with that statement. Green cant handle the ball, pass, and play point like Odom did.

True... but he score about as well, rebound about as well, and play MUCH better defense.

Legends66NBA7
05-28-2015, 04:24 PM
Should include 2011 Odom. He was the sixth man and probably should have been an all-star.

Crown&Coke
05-28-2015, 04:27 PM
True... but he score about as well, rebound about as well, and play MUCH better defense.

You sleeping on The Goods defense. Green is better defensively, but not MUCH better as you stated.

And Odom was vastly superior on the block, getting into the lane, passing, running an offense.

His only issue was he had ADD on the court sometimes

aj1987
05-28-2015, 04:32 PM

Green can pass, rebound, and score. Green is also an elite defender.
Green is a better passer than Odom?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Yeah, you guys are either box-score watchers or you don't know anything about basketball.

Literally the only thing that Green does better than Odom is defense.

You idiots need to stop evaluating players.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-28-2015, 04:34 PM

You really in here trying to argue that your team is even MORE stacked than it is.

:oldlol:

ihatetimthomas
05-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Abilities aside, one thing Green has a big advantage over Odom is his intensity, confidence and mentality. His mentality is stronger than Odom and that makes him a special player. You know he will bring it on every night, every possession. Odom you didn't always know that.

As a player, I think Odom was more skilled and unique with his size. I think he could do more but Green better defensively. But Green has a edge when he plays because he is so intense

MJ(Mean John)
05-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Odom was more versatile with his passing and play multiple positions. Dreymond is much better on defense, guard players bigger than him and can spot up. He's a lot more aggressive. It's hard to say who'd I'd rather have. I think it depends on what kind of roster you have. If you already have a good defensive team, you want Odom for his versatility and passing, but if your roster is weak defensively, you want Green.

Honestly, Lamar was a really good defensive player, he just wasn't a good shot blocker. Lamar was guarding Zbo and then, on screen and roll's, was guarding Steve Nash. Not saying Lamar was an elite Defender, but he was AT LEAST, average but He had many years as an above average/ Good defender. Lamar just didn't block shots.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Draymond and its not even close. Hes a top 15 player in terms of impact. Odom was overrated, a product of Kobe and Phil

Draymonds literally better at everything except handling the ball and passing from the post. Odom was known for his versatility, Draymond kills him in that.

ihatetimthomas
05-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Draymond and its not even close. Hes a top 15 player in terms of impact. Odom was overrated, a product of Kobe and Phil

Draymonds literally better at everything except handling the ball and passing from the post. Odom was known for his versatility, Draymond kills him in that.

Lol of course it's close, they play the same type of role and have versatile skillets. Odom was kind of a glue guy on those championship teams. Also, whose to say green isn't benefiting heavily in the golden state system and with curry and klay? Not saying he isn't better than odom but pretty redic to say not even close

Ca$H
05-28-2015, 04:56 PM
Abilities aside, one thing Green has a big advantage over Odom is his intensity, confidence and mentality. His mentality is stronger than Odom and that makes him a special player. You know he will bring it on every night, every possession. Odom you didn't always know that.

As a player, I think Odom was more skilled and unique with his size. I think he could do more but Green better defensively. But Green has a edge when he plays because he is so intense

This. I remember Odom getting abused by Leon Powe and Big Baby Davis in the Finals.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-28-2015, 04:57 PM
This.. except (in terms of ball handling) Odom was only better at doing And1 tricks and going nowhere. Draymond can at least dribble with either hand.

I'd give the nod to Odom rebounding wise (in non-clutch situations... game 6 Suns..) but overall give me the hard worker talented player over the more talented least hard working player.
Draymond also has far superior basketball IQ and is the most versatile defender since KG. Hes the only defender since KG that can actually guard 1-5

Crown&Coke
05-28-2015, 04:57 PM
wholly shit, the "what have you done for me lately" crowd around here

aj1987
05-28-2015, 05:02 PM

Dude, you stan career losers and hate players who actually won a bunch of rings. Everything you say is either hating on LeBron or the Cav's or hyping up career losers.

Ca$H
05-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Come on bro.. enough with the stacked team argument. If anything, you could argue that Odom had a much better cast to hide behind/make him look good.

Kobe >>>>> Curry

Pau >> Klay

peak Bynum = Bogut

Fisher >> Barnes

Not to mention Phil > Kerr even though it looks like Kerr will eventually become one of the GOAT coaches.

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Should include 2011 Odom. He was the sixth man and probably should have been an all-star.

yea.. Bynum had a chance too.. would have been 4 all-stars :wtf:

Levity
05-28-2015, 05:06 PM
if odom ever put in the consistent effort green did, he potentially be a perennial all-star.

Genaro
05-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Odom is more talented, he could do everything offensively but he didn't always show the effort needed to be a great player, seems to me that he was happy in be just ok, play well in spurts.

Give me Green. At least I know what I'm gonna get. He will give me 100% every time he is on the court and plays better defense than Odom.

dubeta
05-28-2015, 05:58 PM
People underrate Odom, but he was HUGE in Lakers winning 2 rings. He was basically a 7 foot SF, Lakers average frountcourt height was 7 feet

And Odom was probably the third best overall SF in the West besides Durant and Melo

No Odom and lakers dont even make the finals