PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate this past Rockets season?

navy
05-28-2015, 08:52 PM
56 wins
Multiple Injuries
2nd Seed in the West
Runner up MVP
Lost 4-1 in WCF

Fudge
05-28-2015, 08:54 PM
2/5

TheReal Kendall
05-28-2015, 08:58 PM
They looked good at times and on paper they had a very talented team.

I believe if Beverly was healthy they would lose in 7 to the Warriors.

IMO they had a good season

HylianNightmare
05-28-2015, 09:34 PM
No chip. Failure

rezznor
05-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Did very well considering the injuries. There are still some big holes the team needs to fill but those are all role player positions

DukeDelonte13
05-28-2015, 09:41 PM
pretty successful all things considered. Would have like to have seen then push the warriors a bit more.

HOoopCityJones
05-28-2015, 09:46 PM
Thirteen.

warriorfan
05-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Thirteen.

:applause:

L.Kizzle
05-28-2015, 09:52 PM
Pretty good.

56 wins
MVP Runner Up
West Finals

UK2K
05-28-2015, 10:23 PM
56 wins
Multiple Injuries
2nd Seed in the West
Runner up MVP
Lost 4-1 in WCF
Before the season, I said their floor was a first round exit, their ceiling was a conference finals loss.

They lost in the conference finals.

B+

1~Gibson~1
05-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Unfortunate. Had their starting PG and backup C been healthy they could have done a better job on Curry, and not gotten beaten so badly on the boards when D-Ho gets in foul trouble/takes a break.

7.5/10

MJistheGOAT
05-28-2015, 10:28 PM
Successful and a little overachieving, the most logical scenario was 2nd round exit, even 1st round depending on matchups.

They got lucky with destroyed Mavs as 1st round matchup, but made a epic comeback against the heavily favored Clippers.

And the 4-1 against GS was a lot more close than numbers say. Taking away Game 3 rape, they lost 1st 2 games on the road by a combined 5 points. Game 4 they murdered GS and Game 5 was close till the end.

All this with multiple injuries, including Beverley and partially Dwight.

UK2K
05-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Unfortunate. Had their starting PG and backup C been healthy they could have done a better job on Curry, and not gotten beaten so badly on the boards when D-Ho gets in foul trouble/takes a break.

7.5/10

Yeah I hate on Dorsey for being worthless, but he does hit the boards.

Obviously having Beverley as another defender on Curry would have helped as well.

But injuries are a part of life. They should be deeper next season with a 2nd year Capela, Johnson, an older Jones and DMo, a year older Harden, and the Pelicans first rounder and Knicks second rounder.

Should be a good season.

CarlosBoozer
05-28-2015, 11:22 PM
Not bad considering their injuries.

Taller than CP3
05-28-2015, 11:51 PM
no excuses of King James

Genaro
05-28-2015, 11:58 PM
I think that they went as far as they could, I don't that unless the circumstances help again (Mavs imploding, Durant hurt all season, Spurs losing in the first round and Clippers choking) they will reach WCF next year.

noob cake
05-29-2015, 12:26 AM
lol the morons in this thread back tracking

Rockets weren't even going to make the playoffs. What happened?

bobopenguin
05-29-2015, 01:00 AM
lol @ this rockets hype.

To me, they are just lucky to be in the final. pure LUCK.
Their performance is great nonetheless.

10/10 against clippers.
3/10 from their MVP.
8/10 from Dwight.
10/10 from josh/Dwight's free throw. i want to see that again.

BigBoss
05-29-2015, 01:25 AM
Kobe fans: Failure

Lebron fans: Great season. Reaching the conference finals can be put on the resume and maybe used in all future debates. James Harden is 1 NBA finals trip away from entering top 10 all-time.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-29-2015, 01:25 AM
A.

TheBigVeto
05-29-2015, 01:53 AM
Overachieved. They got lucky they faced the Clippers.

el_locoteee
05-29-2015, 02:09 AM
Overachieved. They got lucky they faced the Clippers.
Yep the Lakers would have been better.
Btw in order of bad match up for Houston this year.
GS
Clippers
SA
Memphis
Dallas
NOLA
Portland (would have been higher but got decimated by injuries.

Also if they overachive isn't that the definition of a great season. Thank you for admitting that.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-29-2015, 02:18 AM
A+

P. Bev is an elite 3&D guy and could have really put the clamps on Curry as well as spread the floor. Their bench would of been better, too, with Terry giving them a spark. Not as abysmal defensively when Howard goes out and he did get injured and had to leave Game 1 which was close as well. Could easily lose in 6 or 7 with those guys healthy. Warriors are stacked regardless.

SamuraiSWISH
05-29-2015, 02:40 AM
2 for 11, and 13 turnovers

Sportal
05-29-2015, 02:42 AM
Well... I'd be pretty happy if I were a fan.

Considering Beverley and D-Mo got injured. That does in no way suggest that they would have won, but they probably would have done better.

Still don't understand why they waived Tarik Black and kept Dorsey... Black was really good for their team in the short time he was there.

Not sure if they risk going with the same team next year and hope for no injuries.. But if everyone else has no injury troubles, then they probably don't make the WCF again.

As an edit: Harden was pretty impressive.

oarabbus
05-29-2015, 02:43 AM
lol the morons in this thread back tracking

Rockets weren't even going to make the playoffs. What happened?

This, I remember being one of the FEW non-Rocket fans saying I thought they'd be a first round exit. Turns out they were a WCF team, and Josh Smith was the pickup of the year, after JR Smith.

The Rockets had an amazing season, and played way better than 90% expected. They have a lot to look forward to in the future - but also have a lot to think about with that incredible Harden choke. Mark Jackson even said "this is gonna affect him going forward".

brantonli
05-29-2015, 05:53 AM
The Rockets did fine, they exceeded my expectation for the season. I was expecting a 2nd round loss, and going to WCF is great enough already. The question is if we can keep our main FA without too much salary.

And for the people who keep saying 'lucky', well duh, every single team in the playoff got lucky when Durant and Ibaka went down. Cavs were lucky the Hawks suffered so many injuries. Every team needs some luck to advance.

bobopenguin
05-29-2015, 06:07 AM
The Rockets did fine, they exceeded my expectation for the season. I was expecting a 2nd round loss, and going to WCF is great enough already. The question is if we can keep our main FA without too much salary.

And for the people who keep saying 'lucky', well duh, every single team in the playoff got lucky when Durant and Ibaka went down. Cavs were lucky the Hawks suffered so many injuries. Every team needs some luck to advance.

to be fair:
lebron is lucky he's on east.
nets and celtic is lucky to be in east.
all west teams were lucky cos spur got outplayed by 200% clippers.
rockets were lucky cos they faced Dallas cos AD took down Spurs at last season match.
rockets were lucky cos Clippers choked, because Jesus decided share his almighty power with ur benches.
rockets were lucky cos Dwight decided to step up while ur mvp went on the hide.
Grizzles were lucky cos portsland had injured roaster.

u guys can claim rockets fought well without bev and dmo, but i highly doubt that bev is able to contain cp3 an dmo on blake. u guys will still lose to clippers.

to me, entired west con, rockets were the luckiest team.

MP.Trey
05-29-2015, 06:10 AM
They way way way over achieved. I just hope they don't think they can bring back the same roster and be contenders in any shape or form.

UK2K
05-29-2015, 07:54 AM
They way way way over achieved. I just hope they don't think they can bring back the same roster and be contenders in any shape or form.

They made the WCF now... I feel like being one of the final four teams makes you a contender?

No matter, with a healthy roster, this team could have, at the very least, competed in the WCF.

Prime_Shaq
05-29-2015, 10:26 AM
Pretty good in the RS considering Dwight was out for so long. Overachieved in the Playoffs since most people here had them getting booted in the first round :lol

SugarHill
05-29-2015, 10:27 AM
went to the WCF when most of the board said they wouldn't even make playoffs

BlakFrankWhite
05-29-2015, 10:41 AM
Best season theyve had in decades

Fans should be proud

Rocketswin2013
05-29-2015, 10:55 AM
9/10. They were missing the best post player in the league D-MO. They could've won the whole thing with him.

Done_And_Done
05-29-2015, 11:07 AM
I give them their rightful due.
I amongst many had them pegged as a bottom 5 seed and a first round pretender. Their regular season success which surprised many wasn't supposed to translate into the playoffs but it did and they over achieved. Mchale was actually starting to gain some respectability as a coach around these parts.

Good on them. They deserve to be lauded for having surprised their critics all year long.

Sakkreth
05-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Would of went 7 games vs warriors win or lose with Beverley and D-Mo healthy.

imdaman99
05-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Their last chance at getting to the WCFs. The West opened up when the reigning MVP went down and the Spurs never repeat. OKC, Golden State, San Antonio, even the Clips will be ready again, not to mention Memphis next year if they re-sign Gasol. The only team they could beat in that 5some is the Clips, but let's be real they needed a lot of heart from their bench to beat them.